• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Between Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door, Peach, Endless Ocean, and Luigi’s Mansion, will Paper Mario be the only 80+ scored Nintendo exclusive?

Will The Thousand Year Door be the only 80+ rated Nintendo exclusive in 2024?

• Yes

Votes: 39 23.6%
  • No, Luigi's Mansion 2 HD will score higher than 80

Votes: 70 42.4%
  • No, Endless Ocean Luminous will score higher than 80

Votes: 38 23.0%
  • No, Princess Peach Showtime will score higher than 80

Votes: 59 35.8%
  • Based on this list, Nintendo won't release a game that scores higher than 80 in 2024

Votes: 18 10.9%

• Total voters
I thought Side Order was awesome :(
A matter of taste! I think it's a solid 7/10 for me, but especially with Octo Expansion being a healthy 10/10 for my tastes, it wasn't what I wanted. "Endless singleplayer Splatoon" is a worthwhile concept, and I hope the next game implements it as either a base game mode or a post-game, but Side Order wasn't it for me.

Side note; I recently had a nightmare about Side Order. I was Agent 8 on my last life with a Lento approaching rapidly. I died and the dream reset into a new setting.

I'm glad Side Order was experimental because I wanted to see Splatoon campaigns take more risk. But yeah the experience overall is basically a 7/10. Just not enough objective, stage, and boss variety to really sustain a roguelike. By the time I was clearing the last few weapon kits I was getting bored.

Luigi mansion 2’s structure is much more limited than 3, so I think it will review worse this time around. Not saying below 80s but can see it being in the 70s easily. I think people also have soured on this game over time.

Also, if it doesn’t allow for inverted controls, then it needs to be rated in the 20s…can’t believe 3 was never patched with that.

So Nintendo made Vivian unambiguously trans in the remake of TTYD, therefore they won 2024.

Oh, and TTYD debuted with a 91 MC, so that’s cool too I guess

Back
Top Bottom