• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club BE HONEST: When was the last time you touched a Nintendo 3DS?

When was the last time you touched a 3DS?

• Total voters
For right now, it's the only recent and legit place to play the Gameboy Mega Man and MMX games, as well as MH3U and MH4U. So, definitely within the last year!

Last time I touched a 3DS was when I gave it to my ex-wife after our divorce. It was very peaceful and amicable.

Last time I touched my New 2DS XL? Probably within the last year.

Friends house last year, played Mario Kart 7 with his kid. Was fun.

Played through Ultra Sun and Radiant Historia in year 2 of the Switch.

Never owned one. Friend loaned theirs to me 8 years ago or so to play Link Between Worlds, which was one of my inspirations for coming back to the franchise and getting a Switch

Last year to play Kid Icarus Uprising.

I know people rave about it the game itself and it's worth raving about, but truly I cannot fathom how a game like this was made on a portable machine. Feels like a little miracle.

ESxAh2L.jpg

Less than five minutes ago.
sticker star jumpscare

I think like... in 2019??? I found a copy of Culdcept Revolt and started playing it, but then I got stuck at some part, and then I realized the game was just Mario Party. And when I realized I had been playing Mario Party alone I felt so ashamed that I put my 3DS inside a cabinet and I haven't taken it out since.

I think like... in 2019??? I found a copy of Culdcept Revolt and started playing it, but then I got stuck at some part, and then I realized the game was just Mario Party. And when I realized I had been playing Mario Party alone I felt so ashamed that I put my 3DS inside a cabinet and I haven't taken it out since.
pure undiluted cowardice

When I put it back into the display box before selling it.

So...2018?

September 2017, when I completed Metroid: Samus Returns. That's the last time I played a game.

In 2020 I turned it on to crack the security and move my VC games onto my SNES Mini.

2020 ish? I think Etrian Odyssey Nexus was the last game I played on it. It was one of the last releases for it (came out in 2019 I think) and was such a long game but so good.

I always kept it around for dragon quest and other handheld rpgs but it broke in 2022. I tried fixing it by removing all the plates but one screw was exceptionally screwed up and I couldn't remove it. I've kept my 3ds like that, screws removed and all, stashed away in a drawer since then.

I will eventually fix it. I refuse to pay the exorbitant prices that used 3ds's go for on ebay. Maybe if and when that bubble bursts.

I turned it on in either November or December I think, but not to play something, it was kinda ridiculous in fact, but I turned it on...so I could boot up OOT3D and analyze the area around Ganons Castle in the Adult half of the game both to find a basis to scale the map model in blender around, and also to measure the depth of the pit underneath the castle so I could work an idea around my placement of the TotK memories. The actual depth of the pit came out to be around 22 meters, and I came to conclusion after stacking multiple Ganondorf models on top of each other in blender starting at the bottom of the pit going up, which was only possible because OOT Ganondorf has a confirmed height thanks to Hyrule Historia.

I've been making it my goal to play through a bunch of Fire Emblem games this year, so I decided to whip out my N3DSXL to replay Fire Emblem New Mystery of the Emblem since I modded mine awhile ago. FE12 definitely has to be one of the more criminally underrated games in the series.

Too long. Mine broke as a kid and I never was able to afford one myself and don't have much reason to go get one at this point

I still use mine almost every day. It's still the perfect bedtime console. Screen is too big on Switch, and the touch screen is somehow special on 3DS. Sometimes I mix it up, but for the last year or so I mostly play pokemon, still hoping to hatch a shiny minior. I'm sure the few remaining people on the GTS are getting sick of all my rejects in wonder trades.

I want to say I booted it up in December and I’m not really sure why beyond making sure it was charged. I know I moved some tiles around at least lol. Definitely want to start working on my backlog again for it this year, though PS3 is my top priority for my deep backlog.

I replayed SMTIV about a year ago, and I’m pretty sure that’s the last I interacted with mine. I’m personally happy not to use it anymore, I’ve never been that much of a handheld handheld person. The Switch’s size is a bit more comfortable for me.

Mostly for games that aren't available on Switch NSO.

This week, I finally started Donkey Kong '94 in anticipation for the Mario vs DK remake. This is decidedly my jam; once I've cleared this and the Splatoon 3 DLC I'll be jumping on to that remake.

I've been itching to play a top down Pokémon lately. Instead of patiently waiting for Pokémon Day I may just start a fresh save on Blue or Yellow.

I actually bought a sealed copy of Ultimate NES Remix and it got delivered a couple of days ago, so I was playing that lol. Pretty cool game!

3DS has so much charm, I absolutely adore its library even though I only own a tiny chunk of it. :)

Less than 5 minutes ago. It's sitting on my desk with a homebrew FTP server open, even.

I haven’t actually played a 3DS in probably a year but I actually just found my original 3DS and have thus touched one today

Today, I actually keep it close by and regularly think about if there's something I want to replay on it because it has so many games that are unique to it and probably always will be. I just got my physical copy of Shantae and the Pirates Curse the other day.

I turned it on several months back to play a bit of either Fire Emblem Echoes or Devil Survivor Overclocked (can’t remember which one exactly), but haven’t played it since. Last game I finished on it was Metroid Samus Returns over a year ago now.

Last year to charge my two devices, then locked in the dungeon again.

You know... I should charge them again soon.

I voted because it felt weird to post and not participate in the poll, but I haven't played a 3DS game of any kind since 2019 because... in 2020 my mom and I were forced to move, and I could never find the box any of my 3DS consoles or games were in, and then we were forced to move again in 2022 and I still don't know where they are.

As soon as I find them, I want to replay Fire Emblem Awakening or Metroid: Samus Returns.

I’m playing on it right now.
I decided to finally play fire emblem fates Revelation since it’s the only fire emblem game left that I’ve never played.
It’s bad, maybe Nintendo was right to stop people from buying it on the eshop.

I played last week (Dragon Quest VIII), but my 3DS seems to not funtion properly, it just shuts off games at random which I feel has to do with how the cart connects inside. It happened last week after a lengthy dungeon and before I got a chance to save so I said "screw this", and started playing on my Switch again lmao.

Four or five days ago. Every now and then I stumble upon my trusty New 2DS XL when looking for something in one of my cabinets. I got nostalgic and wanted to boot it up, but it didn't. The battery's completely discharged, I reckon, and I have no clue where the charger is (and didn't have the time to look for it). I still quite like the form factor and haptics, but I know I'd be put off by the screen again.

Funny enough today as I am playing older Pokémon-titles. Plus, I had to move the device from my desk to somewhere else as I do play them when I am busy with something else :D.

Currently I am playing Pokemon X and Black & White 2.

Samus return in 2017 and recently for Pokémon bank.

Now my 3DS XL has circle pad destroyed and A button doesn’t work properly.. I have also a day one 3DS but the screen is really tiny lol.

Like 2 days ago to check something about MM3D for a friend. I'm planning on doing some SMT stuff on it once I'm done with P3R. Before that I finished Ever Oasis and a couple other small things in Dec. I'm usually pulling it out every few days at the least, I love that console. Just been trying to be more committed to finishing other things lately.

Last week, trying to find someone to finally play Tri Force Heroes. After ~15 minutes, someone entered the game, but left a couple minutes later.

Back
Top Bottom