• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club BE HONEST: When was the last time you touched a Nintendo 3DS?

When was the last time you touched a 3DS?

• Total voters

Derachi

Fresh Eater
Founder
Pronouns
he/him
If you touched it in response to this thread that doesn’t count.

When was the last time you touched one? And by that I mean turned it on and used it.

(if it’s been a while, be sure to check on the battery!)

Within the last month I did a couple Rhythm Heaven games. I got a New 3DS last fall to replace my broken launch year 3DS, and spent a couple months on that straight, so I've played more 3DS in the last 6 months than I have since around 2015.

titanic.gif

… or it does feel like it, at the very least

Def not in the past year. I boot mine up every 18 months or so just to poke around and be reminded of the sweet 3d effect (I was always a fan). Hard to go back to that low-res screen otherwise though. Still, when my battery failed in 2022 I did get it replaced, just in case.

I think there isn't a whole lot on the 3ds worth putting up with the inferior hardware for these days. I guess if you're a pokemon fanatic you're still using it from time to time. But series like Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Mario 3d Land and Animal Crossing have better versions of very similar designs on Switch.

The games I find myself turning it on for are Kid Icarus, Samus Returns, Link Between Worlds and the Etrian Odysseys. I'd love to see ports of the first three for Switch 2. Etrian Odyssey just isn't the same without the touch screen.

A regular Nintendo 3DS? Maybe three years. A friend was showing me his Midnight Purple model (looks even better in person). It was really weird seeing the smaller screens.

Any model? Earlier this week, I checked Universal Updater on my New Nintendo 2DS XL.

Today actually! I've been using it a lot as a GBA machine for games that aren't on NSO yet, and also I've been playing a bunch of sudoku with Brain Age. I also like just popping in WarioWare Gold or 3/4 of the Rhythm Heaven games on occasion.

Might've been last week but I think it was two weeks ago. Checking activity log 🤙🏼

Last few months, was replaying Pokemon XY

Feel like I also played something else but I know I did that for sure

Like 2 days ago. I've been playing alot 3ds this year (cause there all the games I've wanted to play this year so far are out and beaten lol). In my "what do I play" I booted up Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars, what a weird and fanservicy game lol

I have been transferring my pokémon to Bank for last two months. Total of 2800 pokémon were transferred holy hell. Only a few remain.

2015? Whenever the New 3DS came out. I actually got really pissed over it having exclusives at the time (which ended up mattering very little) and sold my 3DS.

It was stupid.

I played Tomodachi Life this morning haha.

3DS is so special to me. It’s just after Switch on my list of favorite consoles.

Technically around Christmas. My nieces and nephew really liked fooling around with Flipnote Studio 3D. If you don't count that, then a month or two prior when I was playing A Kappa's Tale. I always have it and a charger in my backpack though, in case I ever get the urge to replay something.

I'm almost always in some state of playing a Pokemon game, whether it be on the 3DS or Switch, so I was playing it within this last month, absolutely.

just yesterday! and pretty often lately. i actually just recently hacked my "new" 3DS and replaced its failing battery almost exclusively to be able to play apotris on a handheld lol. it's the best, love that thing

Turned it on in the last 6 months I forget exactly when but it was to play either Pokémon gen 1 or 2. I forget exactly which I played last.

I wanted to get around to trying out Fire Emblem Awakening and a couple other games when I heard the E-Shop was closing(I bought a 3DS after Fates came out and never got around to Awakening) but I couldn't find my charger for it so I ended up just giving up

so I guess my actual answer is not since I played Echoes when that came out

(if it’s been a while, be sure to check on the battery!)
Shout out 11 months and two weeks ago when I found out the hard way the dumb thing started bulging almost immediately after charging it 😋

Heed my warning folks; if it's been years, just unscrew the battery entirely, plug your 3DS into a wall outlet and play that way until you can get it replaced. I was lucky, but battery explosions are no joke.

...also fml I really need to figure out my Pokemon shit so I can transfer everything into Bank to move it to Home before all the servers shut down forever.

Probably December. After discovering a love for Fire Emblem, I spent the latter half of the year playing Awakening and Fates Birthright. I still have yet to play Conquest and Echoes but it probably won't be long.

I played it a bit a week ago. Was going to play some Metroid Prime Hunters on my wife's OG DS, but turns out it has a whole row of dead pixels so played on her 3DS... and my game crashed. Tried on my 3DS XL and crashed again... turns out my copy of prime hunters is just busted 😭

That said now that both 3DS are charged I kinda wanna do a new playthrough of OOT/MM3D

Well, uh, I probably moved it around when I was reorganizing my desk earlier this week.

I think I turned it on in the last month? Not sure why though.

Last picked mine up to download Pokémon Crystal as the eshop closed… and I haven’t picked it back up since.

I imagine I’m not the only one 🤦🏼‍♂️

Today. After Another Code Recollection, I wanted to replay Hotel Dusk. The touchscreen of my old DS lite no longer seems to function optimally, so I used my 3DS instead.

It's been years since I've played a 3DS game, though. My last 3DS game was Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.

I think most recently was probably sometime over the summer, because it seemed like the easiest way to finally play the Layton games

Got through the first two, still keep meaning to go back and do at least the third one before the new game comes out next year

2019 actually, I was browsing Gamestop online and they for some reason had brand new copies of Dragon Quest VIII 3DS in stock. This was the summer prior to XI releasing on Switch, so I was pretty hot on playing the older games in the franchise and getting caught up, so I ordered right away. I played through and finished it, excellent remaster of a great game!

I since loaned it out to my brother-in-law who has been playing old Dragon Quest games on it. He actually made his own Nintendo account and bought the DQVII remake prior to the eShop closing, so whenever he's done with it and returns it I will actually probably play my 3DS once again.

Within the past 3 months. Made an attempt to play SMT4 Apocalypse but sorta dropped off pretty quickly. I'll give it another shot at some point probably.

Last month. I used it to make sure my copy of Picross 3D still worked, before my DSi arrived.

I keep meaning to hack it, but I seem to just keep putting it off. No huge rush I suppose.

Last month, I finally cracked open my copy of Ever Oasis after keeping it sealed for the last couple years or so. I played it for the last couple weeks but it didn't really catch my interest. It's a pretty cool game but too repetitive for my tastes unfortunately.

6 months or so. I felt like playing some old Pokemon games and I was lazy to find my DS, so my 3DS was close haha. I still have a few (quite) 3ds games to play.

About 12 hours ago! I've just replayed Devil Survivor 2 and immediately jumped into Etrian Odyssey 5 to prevent me from spending money on the remakes.
The 3DS is easier to carry and use outside than my switch and, since I play it in bed as well, it's lighter and so much less painful when I fall asleep and drop it on my face :)

I'm playing Layton's Mystery Journey of all things right now to "prepare" for the new Layton game, my terrible obligation to play everything in a series before new titles curses me once again

I touched it when I found it in a box before I found this thread. . .

I don't know if that counts. . .

Back
Top Bottom