• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Spoiler Bayonetta 3 Spoiler Thread

I beat it again a couple of days ago in Expert, the game is amazing and there are still weapons and demons that I haven't even touched. Viola is not bad, but when you have a million options with Bayonetta, she feels very limited in comparison.
I don't care much about the story, but the ending is pretty weak. There is something that (bad) anime often does: They keep escalating more and more, with the bad guy unlocking new ultimate forms until randomly one of them is the true final form and he then dies. The risk with doing is that if you abuse it the watcher/player can get tired of it, so all the ancitipation and the build-up evaporates and they're just tired and wanting for it to be over. To make this escalation work you need to go higher and bigger everytime at an increased rate, see TW101 or Gurren Laggan, but if you take a step back during this process, you can bring things to a halt. You can take a step back to gain impulse and come back stronger, but you need to come back stronger, bigger and better every time. And you need to end on a high note! Bayo1's, TW101's and Gurren Lagan's final sequences are bombastic and amazing.

That's the problem with Bayo3's ending sequence. You are about to lose, but suddenly all of the Bayonetta's are summoned next to you on an asteroid and you all take down Singularity. But he comes back and destroys all of them...(first step back)...so Jeanne appears with her amazing theme (great comeback) and you bring him down again. But now you are on an empty, destroyed city on Earth and powerless against Singularity (another stepback). But then Bayo1 and 2 appear and you take control of Bayo1. But Singularity powers up again. So all Bayos fuse into one. This would've been a great moment to end the combat on a high note....but Singularity powers up again. But then Luca appears. But you get beaten again and then Viola, out of nowhere, finishes it in a cutscene. All the escalation gets tiring, it doesn't go anywhere and the build-up is completely wasted.

That said, it's still a fantastic game and I'm having an amazing time getting my ass kicked in the Witch Trials while I try to master the demons and weapons that I still haven't tried. One of my requests for character action games is that they try to do something new with the combat (Demon Slaves: check!) and that they introduce original weapons, not something that is just a variance on speed, range, damage...And in this I also count the way the weapon is used: If all weapons are used the same way (press button->get attack) they lose a lot of personality. Bayonetta has always been great with this, with some weapons relying more on their special effect when the buttons are held after attacking, others had additional timings (like the chainsaws in 2), others rewarded quick successive attacks (Oddette in 1 to freeze enemies)...But Bayo3 just hits it out of the park. Demon Masquerade makes every weapon incredibly distinct and immediately gives each of them their very own personality. But then you look at the weapons themselves and how they are used and it's even better! You have a door, A FUCKING DOOR, that can act as a shield, or summon stuff from within it, or atract enemies...You have a magic hat and a cane that you can use to summon electric bats, or a giant ball to walk on, or white doves, fireworks, A POLICE CAR!!! You have an anchor with a chain that can hit enemies on their way back to you, or can act as a finishing rod and you can manipulate the range of every individual attack.

And don't get me started on the demons: A fire-spitting dinosaur, a lion that can split into 5 and breathes ice, A TRAIN WITH GIANT CHAINSAWS, A CLOCK TOWER WITH MACHINEGUNS!!!! You can do a giant vertical loop with the train or have demons disembark from it. You can absorb enemies into the clock tower or summon a mecha that you can pilot. You can lay down vines that act line ladmines when enemies step on them, or sing with a giant frog to summon a poison rain!

This game alone has more creativity than some other entire franchises have in 5+ games.

When this game gets bashed because it's "technologically poor" something inside me dies a little. Do you know how hard it is to program all these hundreds of different interactions? How much work goes into implementing all the different gameplay scenarios the game presents? This game is an absolute triumph and my hat's off to Platinum.

Last edited:
Just beat it tonight! Super fun game to play. The demon slave mechanic is great, and really adds a lot to the game! Also, the moment at the end where Bayo 1 and 2 show up to help out was so cool!

Like the previous two Bayonettas, the story is complete nonsense that I mostly don't care about. It sucked that this Bayonetta got together with someone like Luka in the end, but eh, whatever. Wish Jeanne got treated a bit better, but hey! With infinite universes, maybe in one of them I can get my Cutie J spin-off game!

Don't get any of the complaints around Viola. People made her out to be awful, but I loved her! Great design, fun personality, and she's got a cute cat! Not to mention playing as her was great. Getting the timing for blocks right was tricky at first, but once I figured it out she really clicked for me. I'm glad that she's the new Bayonetta, and the new star! Can't wait to see more of her!

On a conceptual level I really like the story, the ending gave me a lot of Evangelion and Jojo vibes, and I hope they actually stick with it if there is a Bayonetta 4 with Viola as main.

My issues with it, is that it doesn't earn some of that emotional punch, I don't mind the Luka/Cereza thing in concept, but then the game needed to actually develop something in the game, the most screentime their relationship gets was in the first game, Luka barely shows up in 2, and they spend most of their time apart in this game, they could have used the alternate worlds to try to tell mini stories of them in at least one of them, instead it just focuses on Jeanne and Rosa.

The other thing is Bayonetta and Viola, feel the game also needed to show that endearment grow, they spend most of the game separated, I buy her having more attachment to Loki from 2 than Viola because they actually spend time together, have a good amount of banter, etc.

So a good chunk of that emotional punch hinges on stuff that the game doesn't develop much, also maybe some more levels as Viola to sell her more as the next protagonist, even if I do love her and her playstyle already.

The Egypt and France mini arcs are fucking amazing overall tho, kino stuff.

On a conceptual level I really like the story, the ending gave me a lot of Evangelion and Jojo vibes, and I hope they actually stick with it if there is a Bayonetta 4 with Viola as main.

My issues with it, is that it doesn't earn some of that emotional punch, I don't mind the Luka/Cereza thing in concept, but then the game needed to actually develop something in the game, the most screentime their relationship gets was in the first game, Luka barely shows up in 2, and they spend most of their time apart in this game, they could have used the alternate worlds to try to tell mini stories of them in at least one of them, instead it just focuses on Jeanne and Rosa.

The other thing is Bayonetta and Viola, feel the game also needed to show that endearment grow, they spend most of the game separated, I buy her having more attachment to Loki from 2 than Viola because they actually spend time together, have a good amount of banter, etc.

So a good chunk of that emotional punch hinges on stuff that the game doesn't develop much, also maybe some more levels as Viola to sell her more as the next protagonist, even if I do love her and her playstyle already.

The Egypt and France mini arcs are fucking amazing overall tho, kino stuff.
Yup, I think the story would've been better if it was made clear that Viola was Bayo and Luka's daughter, instead of trying to use it as a last minute twist that was clear since the very first minute of the game. Then develop the Bayo-Luka-Viola relationship through the game so that Bayo and Luka would come to terms with the idea that they have a daughter and they have to protect her above all else, instead of flipping a mental switch at the end. If you think about it, what does Viola being their daughter bring to the story? Nothing at all? She could've just been a random Umbran Witch from another universe and everything would've played exactly the same.

Yup, I think the story would've been better if it was made clear that Viola was Bayo and Luka's daughter, instead of trying to use it as a last minute twist that was clear since the very first minute of the game. Then develop the Bayo-Luka-Viola relationship through the game so that Bayo and Luka would come to terms with the idea that they have a daughter and they have to protect her above all else, instead of flipping a mental switch at the end. If you think about it, what does Viola being their daughter bring to the story? Nothing at all? She could've just been a random Umbran Witch from another universe and everything would've played exactly the same.
Yeah it should’ve been introduced earlier. Could’ve even fleshed it out more by using the Rosa interaction in Ch 11

I finished the story tonight. It has been quite a while since I played 1 and 2, but I'm pretty sure that I would put 3 on top if I had to rank them. The story was pretty crazy. Viola was pretty bad ass as a character, but I wasn't feeling her as much in combat. It felt like Bayonetta was more versatile. Pretty cool that Bayo 4 was loy-key announced at the end. I'm sure we will see OG Bayonetta at some point in that game. Part of me feel like "Do we really need another multi-verse story?" but that is probably a discussion for another thread/day.

Last thing. Bayo 3 was a lot of fun, but that game really is the poster child for "we need new Nintendo hardware."

I have many questions from the end, many many, BUT MANY, although at the moment I am going with 2 that are the ones that cause me the most doubts.
I hope I can explain myself well since my language is not English.

1. In the end, how is Manhattan rebuilt?

2. There are 2 ways to understand who the Bayonetta we control is.

A. She is Cerecita (the kid girl from Bayonetta 1), and also, in last chapter, when Bayonetta from Bayonetta 1 arrives she speaks to her in the same way she spoke to the kid girl, in fact throughout the game you can see that the personality of this Bayonetta from Bayonetta 3 is a little nicer than Bayonetta was in 1 and 2, and in fact you can see the contrast of cockiness when Bayonetta from 1 and 2 arrive.

But in case the theory is that she's the kid girl from Bayonetta 1 (it would make sense because of her personality that differs a bit from the already known Bayonetta and because of how Bayonetta from Bayonetta 1 greets her), then the Bayonetta that arrives from Bayonetta 1 and the Bayonetta from Bayonetta 2 are different Bayonettas from each other? Easier, Bayonetta 1 and 2 were never the same Bayonetta? They were different Bayonettas all along? The character descriptions seem to imply that most Bayonettas from other "multiverses" follow a very very very very similar path and a very similar life. Because if they were the same Bayonetta, why do the 2 appear as if they were different?

Or

B. The other way to understand who is the Bayonetta we control is to think that she is the Bayonetta of all her life, (although her personality is a bit different she could have calmed down over the years, although the way Bayonetta with Bayo 1's skin in the last chapter greets her wouldn't make much sense then). In case this is the right option then there would be no problem with the two Bayonettas from Bayo 1 and 2 appearing, since our Bayonetta is still the Bayonetta from previous games and the two that appear in the last chapter would be Bayonettas from other universes (with the same design that our Bayonetta had in previous games). Then it would be fine if Bayo Skin 1 and Bayo Skin 2 from last chapter they were two differents Bayonettas and two not related to each other Bayonettas, since they would be two Bayonettas that in their universes are following very similar paths to the ones our Bayonetta protagonist followed in the past in Bayonetta 1 and 2 games.

I need answers please.

As for Viola being "Bayonetta", this is going to be hard, folks.

Regarding Bayonetta and Luka together, I really thought it was great, I have nothing against this and surely they both enjoyed each other very much.

However after playing the post game and encountering that storybook that also has a to be continued message and how this game just said Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 were different universes I think there’s hope they could just make a Bayonetta 4 about a different Bayonetta again and that to be continued next gen is more like Bayonetta 3’s story continues with Viola rather than that’s the new direction for the franchise.

The archive sort of explains that those were the two Bayonettas whose experiences most closely matched the main one. They're still different variants, though, and I think have one or two minor design changes.
Los acabo de leer yo mismo. Sin embargo, creo que ahora estoy aún más confundido... Pensé que la implicación era que la Bayonetta que jugamos en Bayonetta 3 era en realidad el tiempo que desplazó a Cereza del primer juego en lugar del que jugamos en los dos primeros juegos, debido a el hecho de que las descripciones de Scarborough Fair y Love is Blue dicen que Rodin las hizo para otra Bayonetta en el multiverso, y "Bayo 1" del final de este juego llamando a Bayonetta "Pequeña" como lo hizo con la joven Cereza en el primer juego. Pero si se supone similares que esas Bayonettas son de universos muy y han "recorrido un camino casi idéntico" a la Bayonetta que jugamos en este juego, entonces esta Bayonetta no puedeser el momento en que desplazó a Cereza, ya que su historia sería muy diferente dado que no habría estado sellada durante 500 años. Entonces... si esta Bayonetta no es el tiempo desplazó a Cereza después de todo, entonces ¿quién es ella? Ella tampoco puede ser la Bayonetta de los primeros dos juegos, las armas de los primeros dos juegos porque aparentemente nunca fueron hechas para esta Bayonetta. …¿Esto confirma que las Bayonettas que jugamos en los tres juegos son en realidad variantes de multiverso diferentes entre sí? Después de todo, cada juego comienza con Bayonetta usando pistolas de mano normales que se rompen y son reemplazadas por un nuevo conjunto de Rodin, lo que en retrospectiva es un poco extraño porque ¿por qué no continuaría usando las armas que Rodin hizo para ella desde el anterior? ¿juego? Pero si se supone que los dos primeros juegos tienen lugares en universos diferentes (pero muy similares) con diferentes variantes de Bayonetta, eso realmente complica la trama interconectada de los dos primeros juegos, como dije en mi última publicación...
Thus, the "almost identical path", in my opinion. If we go along with this theory, it would even explain why certain things like Luka calling Bayo "Cerezita" are things in this timeline (to the point that B3!Bayo makes it sound like this was a thing that she had let him get away with for quite some time!), where they weren't before in what we've seen previously. It's easier to swallow if we assume this is a timeline where Luka's one-sided antagonistic relationship with Cereza never happened here. Perhaps, in this timeline, Antonio Redgrave still perished as a result of his investigation into Balder and Ithavoll Group, but there was no way for Luka to initially pin the blame of his father's death on Cereza, and the two met through different and perhaps much more amicable circumstances.

I mean sure, but that’s still 500 years that would have played out very differently regardless of if the events that take place after those 500 years play out similarly. You’d think, if there are truly supposed to be infinite alternate realities with alternate Bayonettas, that they wouldn’t specifically say that the “Bayonetta 2” from the ending, “among all of Bayonetta’s counterparts,” “seems to have walked an almost identical path” as the one we play as if the playable one was supposed to be a Bayonetta that wasn’t sealed away for 500 years. That’s quite the difference when you factor in infinite Bayonettas where there should absolutely be one that was even more similar by having the same 500-year history prior to the events of the first game.

Also, when Luka calls Bayonetta Cerezita, he’s already been fused with all of his alternate reality counterparts (along with their memories, since he then knows who Viola is), hasn’t he? So him calling her that could be a result of that. But regardless, the game does seem to imply that this Bayonetta is indeed the time displaced Cereza from the first game in a number of other ways too; I previous said that the “Bayonetta 1” from the ending called her “Little One”, but I guess I misremembered that and what she actually says is “You didn’t cry while I was gone, did you?” and nudges her glasses with her gun, which is exactly what she does to the young Cereza in the first game. Plus Singularity says “You yourself are a woman out of time, are you not?” to her as well, further hinting that she is supposed to be the time displaced Cereza, and there’s the fact that her hairstyle evokes the young Cereza’s too.

Perhaps another explanation could be that, among the main playable Bayonettas from the three games, the only the Bayonetta we play as in the first game was sealed away for 500 years, while both the Bayonettas from the second and third games have a similar history to each other where neither of them were sealed away for 500 years like the one from the first game? That would explain why only the “Bayonetta 2” from the ending says “among all of Bayonetta’s counterparts, she seems to have walked an almost identical path” while the same isn’t said for “Bayonetta 1”.

Yeah, no, people always say this about Bayonetta but I don’t buy it at all. The story is clearly very important to the developers, and the story of the first two games were very solid and well thought out, with the second game’s story being particularly impressive with how it directly ties into the first game and explains/sets things up for that. Kamiya seems to have planned out a lot of this stuff in advance (as evident by something I’ll be bringing up later in this post in response to the next quote), and I’m sure the core of Bayonetta 3’s story was similarly decided some time in advance. I’m sure there are answers for things that are currently missing them, but they’re just not clear right now. Sure, some things may not have been fully thought through but I have no doubt that the majority of it absolutely was. The Bayonetta games are also much more narrative focused than the Zelda games, and their story is absolutely a higher priority to the developers because, unlike many Zelda games, the Bayonetta games are very closely tied together narratively so they can’t just slap a story on the game after the fact (not that that’s really a fair description of what happens with Zelda games, either, however)—they have to have the story largely planned out from the beginning because the set pieces they create for the game’s levels will heavily rely on it. They need to establish the world you’re exploring and the enemies you’re defeating first—but, of course, some fun stuff like how certain boss battles or level segments play out may be established later on in development. (Ironically, though, comparing the two series, the multiverse of the Zelda series is kind of handled a lot better than the multiverse of the Bayonetta series, I feel, lol. I guess it helps that the alternate universes don’t actually interact with each other in the Zelda series, though.)

The game heavily implies that this is the time displaced Cereza, though. As I said above, the “Bayonetta 1” from the ending says “You didn’t cry while I was gone, did you?” and nudges her glasses with her gun, which is exactly what she does to the young Cereza in the first game. Plus Singularity says “You yourself are a woman out of time, are you not?” to her as well, further hinting that she is supposed to be the time displaced Cereza, and there’s the fact that her hairstyle evokes the young Cereza’s too. Additionally, Luka calls her Cerezita as he did to the young Cereza from the first game, though that could potentially be due to him being given the memories of his alternate reality counterparts.

But the most clearly stated reason why the Bayonetta we play as in this game can’t be the same one we played as in the previous games is because the descriptions for Scarborough Fair and Love is Blue say that they were “crafted by Rodin for another Bayonetta” somewhere in the Multiverse. In other words, the Bayonetta we play as in this game never had those guns before, which means she can’t be the one we played as in the first two games.

But I’ve just been informed of even greater evidence of the three games all featuring different Bayonettas: the mole placements.

Not only do the β0, β1, β2, β3, and β4 variants all have different mole placements (or lack of a mole entirely, in the case of β0), but so do the Bayonetta 1, 2, and 3 variants, though the differences are very subtle. But they’re different nonetheless! And, incredibly, this minor detail seems to have been planned at least as far back as Bayonetta 2, since this isn’t only true for the Bayonetta models used in Bayonetta 3, but also for the original models used in the previous games as well!

FgmEeJlWQAEuZ0g

So…yeah, it seems pretty clear that the intention is for each game to star an alternate Bayonetta. So it would appear that the “Bayonetta 1” and “Bayonetta 2” from the end of the game truly are the same Bayonettas we play as in their respective games, with the Bayonetta we play as in Bayonetta 3 being yet another, third variant. The big question, I guess, seems to be whether she’s truly supposed to be the time displaced Cereza from the first game or not.

Actually…thinking about it, and given my theory from above that both the Bayonettas from the second and third games may have not been sealed away for 500 years, I think it might be possible that not only is the Bayonetta from the third game indeed the time displaced Cereza from the first, but she may actually have appeared in all three games now. You see, the first two games both open with “Remembrance of Time” prologues that depict alternate events and feature a different Bayonetta than the one we play as throughout the rest of the game—in the first game, we play as a grown up time displaced Cereza fighting in the Witch Hunts alongside Jeanne. In the second game, however, it’s unknown exactly which Bayonetta we’re playing as, but it has to be a different one than the one we play throughout the rest of the game because the events shown there don’t play out the same later on in the game, and Kamiya has also confirmed that that was indeed an alternate universe. So…if the grown up time displaced Cereza (who is implied to be the one we play as in Bayonetta 3) did indeed walk “an almost identical path” as the Bayonetta from the second game as Bayonetta 3 claims, that means she would have also gone through the events of the second game as well, if not slightly differently—and that could be exactly what we’re seeing in the prologue to Bayonetta 2! EDIT: Er…wait…maybe not, actually, because that wouldn’t align with the third game stating that that Bayonetta never used Love is Blue, which is what the Bayonetta from the intro of the second game uses, so…never mind, lol. Unless we’re supposed to ignore that little detail, I guess. =P

Bayonetta from Bayonetta 1 and 2 games don't have to be different Bayonettas, they can be the same Bayonetta. And therefore the Bayonettas with Bayonetta 1 and 2 skin that appear in the last chapter could be 2 Bayonettas that in their universes followed very similar paths to the main Bayonetta we played with in Bayonetta 1&2, in fact it seems that there are little different details in the appearance of the Bayonettas that appear as Bayo1 and Bayo2 in the last chapter, the skin they have is a bit little different from the original (almost unrecognizable details) one we controlled in the previous Bayonetta games, and in the game files it also says that these two Bayonettas that appear in the last chapter followed a very similar path "to the main one Bayonetta".
The question still remains as to whether the Bayonetta we control in Bayonetta 3 is the original Bayonetta (1&2 Games) or whether she is the little girl who appears in Bayonetta 1 (the way Bayo 1 Skin greets her when she appears in the last chapter suggests this, but it is also implied in the files that she is still the main Bayonetta).

I need answers for all this because it is getting out of control and I don't understand anything anymore, we have to come up with a solution.

I have many questions from the end, many many, BUT MANY, although at the moment I am going with 2 that are the ones that cause me the most doubts.
I hope I can explain myself well since my language is not English.

1. In the end, how is Manhattan rebuilt?

2. There are 2 ways to understand who the Bayonetta we control is.

A. She is Cerecita (the kid girl from Bayonetta 1), and also, in last chapter, when Bayonetta from Bayonetta 1 arrives she speaks to her in the same way she spoke to the kid girl, in fact throughout the game you can see that the personality of this Bayonetta from Bayonetta 3 is a little nicer than Bayonetta was in 1 and 2, and in fact you can see the contrast of cockiness when Bayonetta from 1 and 2 arrive.

But in case the theory is that she's the kid girl from Bayonetta 1 (it would make sense because of her personality that differs a bit from the already known Bayonetta and because of how Bayonetta from Bayonetta 1 greets her), then the Bayonetta that arrives from Bayonetta 1 and the Bayonetta from Bayonetta 2 are different Bayonettas from each other? Easier, Bayonetta 1 and 2 were never the same Bayonetta? They were different Bayonettas all along? The character descriptions seem to imply that most Bayonettas from other "multiverses" follow a very very very very similar path and a very similar life. Because if they were the same Bayonetta, why do the 2 appear as if they were different?

Or

B. The other way to understand who is the Bayonetta we control is to think that she is the Bayonetta of all her life, (although her personality is a bit different she could have calmed down over the years, although the way Bayonetta with Bayo 1's skin in the last chapter greets her wouldn't make much sense then). In case this is the right option then there would be no problem with the two Bayonettas from Bayo 1 and 2 appearing, since our Bayonetta is still the Bayonetta from previous games and the two that appear in the last chapter would be Bayonettas from other universes (with the same design that our Bayonetta had in previous games). Then it would be fine if Bayo Skin 1 and Bayo Skin 2 from last chapter they were two differents Bayonettas and two not related to each other Bayonettas, since they would be two Bayonettas that in their universes are following very similar paths to the ones our Bayonetta protagonist followed in the past in Bayonetta 1 and 2 games.

I need answers please.
We played a different Bayonetta in each mainline game, you read that part correctly. Cereza in this game is called Cereza so often (instead of never) because she's the Cereza from the first game. Luka also calls her 'Cerezita' in Bayo 1, if I remember, which is another indicator of who she is

All three Bayos also have slightly different mole placements, according to screenshots going around, and the two designs in Bayo 1 and Bayo 2 already had those different placements, so it's possible that this was planned when they were making Bayo 2

The ending sequence is all three characters from all three games coming together

I have no idea how Manhattan comes back. It seems like everything was fixed, except that Luka and Bayonetta are still in Hell. I guess Jeanne could still be alive? I don't know. It's silly. Don't think about it

finished the game

honestly, the ending didn't really bother me. is bayo and luka having a kid the thing that really bothered people? or is it the idea that bayo as we know it is now replaced by viola?

the story in general was weak compared to the first two imo. the first two work so well as companions to each other, and 2 being basically a prequel/sequel and explaining so much about the story of 1. the story here was neat as far as multiverses go, but overall it wasn't as enjoyable as 1 and 2.

honestly, the ending didn't really bother me. is bayo and luka having a kid the thing that really bothered people? or is it the idea
Both.

Many people expected Bayonetta and Jeanne to be in a romantic relationship. I get it but at the same time Bayo 1 and 2 is full of Bayonetta and Luka flirting anytime they see each other so it's not really a surprise.

And yeah many people are also affraid about a potential Bayonetta 4 without Cereza as Bayonetta. I have trouble imagining it without her though given how different their gameplay is.
Personally I'm not even sure if we're supposed to take that "to be continued" literally, could just be a cute way to say that Viola's story is just getting started in-universe.

Both.

Many people expected Bayonetta and Jeanne to be in a romantic relationship. I get it but at the same time Bayo 1 and 2 is full of Bayonetta and Luka flirting anytime they see each other so it's not really a surprise.

And yeah many people are also affraid about a potential Bayonetta 4 without Cereza as Bayonetta. I have trouble imagining it without her though given how different their gameplay is.
Personally I'm not even sure if we're supposed to take that "to be continued" literally, could just be a cute way to say that Viola's story is just getting started in-universe.
Just FYI the Bayo /Jeanna relationship thing is not something I want to go down. I briefly looked into it, and apparently Kamiya posted like art and made it canon on his Twitter they were in a relationship. Then I saw people calling the game biphobic and that so I just stopped. I agree that k never saw them as a couple either tho

Anyway, on the topic - like someone said earlier here, this ending made me feel something, which is more than the first 2 did other than a “this is cool” moment. Not a great ending to keep fans happy, but it did hit hard. The only thing thsg annoys me about it, is the potential of a Bayo 4 not having Bayo as the lead and instead having Viola, who I never warmed up to and didn’t enjoy her gameplay. But like others have said here, I don’t see them continuing without having Bayonetta as a leading character. I think with the multiverse open, there’s many different ways they can bring a variant of her back with ease

personally i never saw bayo and jeanne as a couple. bayo / luka is not exactly the best written romance ever in video games but they've been flirting with each other for 3 games so the reveal of them having a child wasn't exactly out of the left field.

i really don't think this is the end for cereza tbh, and don't expect viola to be the main playable character in bayonetta 4. specially now with multiverses and 3 having like 17 different versions of bayonetta i think they'll figure something out, and bring cereza back as the main playable character. viola will likely return and have her own stages which is fine.

yeah i kinda saw it like that too. i didn't see it as a hint that 4 will start exactly where 3 left off with viola as the main character. it's not like 3 started exactly where 2 ended. 1 and 2 were very closely linked but with 3 barely referencing the events of the first 2 games until the very end (and that reference only being about the appearance of bayo in the first two games) i don't think there's really any hint so far about what bayo 4 will be like story wise.

Can someone help me understsnd? I shared on reddit but got no answers
—————
So I’m confused about the start of the game
The opening scene slightly(?) mimics the final scenes, which ok I don’t get except it like it’s poetic? Is it meant to play into the “truth” things and how Sigurd says at the end like they were all brought here and can’t change it?

- But also, why is this Bayo dressed as Bayo1, aren’t they in a different MultiV? Or is this like how the Bayo1 and Bayo2 timelines are very similar, and this timeline is similar to Bayo1?

- Why is Viola so distraught over her death? Like do all the Bayo’s and Luka’s in each multiverse have a Viola as a child?

-But then i get the impression there’s like only 1 Viola in the alphaverse?

- I read on the wiki that this Bayo that does at the start is her mum, but I thought cereza/brave cereza Bayonetta way? Because like if THAT Bayo at the start is her mum doesn’t that kind of lessen the impact of the end game taking the emotion out of it?

If that doesn’t make much sense I’m sorry, I can’t really articulate my thoughts into words.

Also if someone wants to like give me (or link me) to a proper proper like really hood analysis of the games story, and even the first 2, that would be appreciated. Like I have a basic understanding but not a great one I’m still hella confused
I’m planning to replay it again to properly understand and read all the books and stuff but yeah

Can someone help me understsnd? I shared on reddit but got no answers

Alright...let's try and help ya with some basics

1) The Bayo in the prologue is indeed a different Bayonetta that just happens to resemble her design from Bayo1. Main differences are the fact that she has no mole on her face, she has two ribbons trailing from her hair (because this one didn't meet a younger Cereza, like in the original game) and she wields a different set of guns called "Whittingham Fair".

2) Viola was distraught over that Bayonetta's death because THAT was her mother. She already lost her father (Luka) some time during Singularity's invasion of her world, and losing her Mom right in front of her was as traumatic as it should be. We don't know how many, if any variants of Viola exist in the multiverse, but suffice to say, Viola's Mom and Dad got together through different circumstances compared to some others (or not at all).

3) The "payoff" at the end of the game is that, in the end, even if the Luka and Bayonetta we were following in Bayo3 aren't truly Viola's parents, they still felt an attachment to her to her all the same. Bayonetta, because she largely figured out Viola's secret while also mentoring her over the course of the adventure, and Luka because Lukaon did his funky fairy mojo to apparently fuse all of the collective ArchAdam/Luka variants together in one body, and figured it out that way. By the end of things, even though Viola couldn't do much of anything beyond helplessly watch variants of her parents "die" all over again, the slight bit of solace is that Cereza is trusting Viola to carry on and grow into her own power, as there was "nothing left for her to teach her".

But the most clearly stated reason why the Bayonetta we play as in this game can’t be the same one we played as in the previous games is because the descriptions for Scarborough Fair and Love is Blue say that they were “crafted by Rodin for another Bayonetta” somewhere in the Multiverse. In other words, the Bayonetta we play as in this game never had those guns before, which means she can’t be the one we played as in the first two games.

But I’ve just been informed of even greater evidence of the three games all featuring different Bayonettas: the mole placements.

Not only do the β0, β1, β2, β3, and β4 variants all have different mole placements (or lack of a mole entirely, in the case of β0), but so do the Bayonetta 1, 2, and 3 variants, though the differences are very subtle. But they’re different nonetheless! And, incredibly, this minor detail seems to have been planned at least as far back as Bayonetta 2, since this isn’t only true for the Bayonetta models used in Bayonetta 3, but also for the original models used in the previous games as well!

FgmEeJlWQAEuZ0g

So…yeah, it seems pretty clear that the intention is for each game to star an alternate Bayonetta. So it would appear that the “Bayonetta 1” and “Bayonetta 2” from the end of the game truly are the same Bayonettas we play as in their respective games, with the Bayonetta we play as in Bayonetta 3 being yet another, third variant. The big question, I guess, seems to be whether she’s truly supposed to be the time displaced Cereza from the first game or not.

Actually…thinking about it, and given my theory from above that both the Bayonettas from the second and third games may have not been sealed away for 500 years, I think it might be possible that not only is the Bayonetta from the third game indeed the time displaced Cereza from the first, but she may actually have appeared in all three games now. You see, the first two games both open with “Remembrance of Time” prologues that depict alternate events and feature a different Bayonetta than the one we play as throughout the rest of the game—in the first game, we play as a grown up time displaced Cereza fighting in the Witch Hunts alongside Jeanne. In the second game, however, it’s unknown exactly which Bayonetta we’re playing as, but it has to be a different one than the one we play throughout the rest of the game because the events shown there don’t play out the same later on in the game, and Kamiya has also confirmed that that was indeed an alternate universe. So…if the grown up time displaced Cereza (who is implied to be the one we play as in Bayonetta 3) did indeed walk “an almost identical path” as the Bayonetta from the second game as Bayonetta 3 claims, that means she would have also gone through the events of the second game as well, if not slightly differently—and that could be exactly what we’re seeing in the prologue to Bayonetta 2! EDIT: Er…wait…maybe not, actually, because that wouldn’t align with the third game stating that that Bayonetta never used Love is Blue, which is what the Bayonetta from the intro of the second game uses, so…never mind, lol. Unless we’re supposed to ignore that little detail, I guess. =P

Does anyone keep the images of the 2 tweets that now appear as deleted? Thanks.

Finally defeat Rodin and clear witch trial #3, that was tough, but rewarding at the same time.
The main game was easy in the normal difficulty I will start another run with the hardest difficulty.

Asking here in case the answer is a spoiler:

I've seen a few times now that Cereza and the Lost Demon had something of a preview in Bayonetta 3, but I just beat it and found nothing of the sort? Did I miss a really unique Verse or am I misunderstanding those comments?

I've seen a few times now that Cereza and the Lost Demon had something of a preview in Bayonetta 3, but I just beat it and found nothing of the sort? Did I miss a really unique Verse or am I misunderstanding those comments?
Did you ever buy the old storybook? Or whatever it was called?

After you beat the game once there are 3 keys for that which appear in various levels in the game, you'll have to google which ones because I forget. If you get all three keys then you can unlock the book and play the little teaser.

I was really obscure at launch. You had to buy the old storybook from the shop, go back after beating the game to certain chapters with that purple void, collect 3 really out of the way keys, then click on the book in the bottom of the chapter select screen

I think since the actual Bayo Origins announcement, they patched it to make it automatically accessible though

Buy the Old Picture Book from Rodin and it should open up after you beat the game.

You had to find keys to unlock it to before Cereza was announced, but after it was announced they patched it so you only need the book.

Back
Top Bottom