• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Are you going to be getting Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown?

Are you getting Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown?

• Total voters
I already settled on Another Code Recollection being my video game purchase of the month, and I have plenty to go through in the ol’ backlog, so I’ll be holding off for a good while. I am very interested though, which is impressive considering I’ve never played or experienced anything in the PoP franchise

I haven’t played the series, but the reviews and genre have me wanting to play it!

Unfortunately it’s hard to justify buying a Ubi game on day one because it’s almost assuredly going to go down in price, and I’ve already got a lot of games on my plate. Hopefully I can pick it up once I’m done with Rebirth!

I'll buy it on Switch eventually. This would be a day 1 but my backlog is kinda full since I went light on gaming 2022-2023 (already trying to play more games this year so far lol).

looks fun, but also I have a mountain of games I want to play and get through. That with the fact its Ubisoft who will likely discount the game a decent bit by next holidays. I think I might wait a bit

I have enough on the backlog that I can wait for the usual Ubisoft deep discount in a year. Still need to try out the demo (not really in the mood to make a Ubisoft account at the moment).

Is there going to be an ST for this game? Early access has been out for two days now and I need another place to rave about it

I've read some comments from people who've already completed it saying that it's a nice Metroidvania, but far from the landmark title some of the hype is trying to make it look like. Consensus seems to be it's a 8.5/10; Great but a step below the likes of Super Metroid, SotN or Hollow Knight.

I've read some comments from people who've already completed it saying that it's a nice Metroidvania, but far from the landmark title some of the hype is trying to make it look like. Consensus seems to be it's a 8.5/10; Great but a step below the likes of Super Metroid, SotN or Hollow Knight.
Yeah, based on the demo at least (which I'd give a 7.5-8/10) this isn't even close to Dread or most Metroid games honestly. /shameless Metroid fanboying

Eventually, yes. Thought the demo was really fun but not exceptional and since I'm still playing some games from my backlog I'm in no rush to buy it.

I'm interested, but not in a hurry. Maybe when it goes on a big sale.

I'm only about halfway through, maybe less, but I'd currently put it up there with my favorites in the genre

Game doesn't necessarily top the charts on any one given component but it gets pretty close on a lot of them. Combat, platforming, exploration, and level design are all on point so far

I'm only about halfway through, maybe less, but I'd currently put it up there with my favorites in the genre

Game doesn't necessarily top the charts on any one given component but it gets pretty close on a lot of them. Combat, platforming, exploration, and level design are all on point so far
How are the bosses???

How are the bosses???
Amazing!

Though tbf I've only fought two of what I'd consider major bosses so far. Those were, imo, some of the best in the genre, especially considering their place in the game - a nice blend of spectacle and challenge with some pretty well designed attack patterns.

Then there's an assortment of things that the game kinda classifies as bosses but feel more like a blend between bosses and mini bosses. Those are still pretty good, with one in particular so far being exceptional. But they're a lot simpler than the major bosses and not quite as good

I guess thinking about it, the pace of major boss fights could be a bit better. Like I said, I'm about halfway through the game (11 hrs and 42% completion) and only fought two, but from what I've heard the game may be a bit backloaded on that front (plus I have been taking it pretty slow with exploration and such so others may have gotten to those bosses a lot faster)

The bosses that I've fought so far are very fun and on higher difficulties would not be out of place at the end of Metroid Dread. I'm 60% of the way through and it's been a blast. I would absolutely put it up there with some of the best. The optional platforming challenges for essentially heart pieces and special currency for upgrades mix your abilities together in extremely fun ways, traversal is quick and satisfying, it has every possible option you could want for custom difficulty including sliders for granular changes, you can have it mark stuff on the map for where you should be headed and it'll even change the mark if you have the ability to proceed through something or not, it just mixes together pretty much all of the best stuff from the genre.

I've felt Metroid Dread, Hollow Knight, Guacamelee, even something like Meat Boy with how quick retries are during platforming, it's all there. I absolutely understand the reviews and I can't fathom just calling it just "okay." And it doesn't have EMMI sections, which I was generally okay with, but just the absence of those pushes this above Metroid Dread for me.

If a game is "a step below Super Metroid or SotN" it's a step below two of the greatest games ever made so like, that would be a game of the year level? It would immediately put it near the top of the genre just from that lol

Eventually. I have other things to play right now, especially when this will be $40 in a few months.

I’m not buying any Ubisoft games as long as Yves Guillemot is in charge.

To quote his Wikipedia article, which sums it up succinctly:

“Guillemot has been criticized as a central figure in the ongoing Ubisoft workplace sexual misconduct scandal. Although not personally implicated in the misconduct, internal communications revealed that he was aware of and tolerated it for years, "as long as these managers' results exceeds their toxicity level". He has been accused of using his position as CEO to cover for the misconduct of people named in various investigations. An open letter from Ubisoft employees also criticized him for his lackluster response to the scandal, which included moving accused managers to other departments rather than dismissing them, as well as a reluctance to implement necessary changes to improve the workplace culture.”

I'm seeing some comments that sound like some people are uncomfortable with the idea that Ubisoft crafted a game in this genre that "competes" and can stand toe to toe with some of the best. I am 10 hours in with PoP and it absolutely can stand next to titles like Dread. I would say the biggest downside with PoP is that it may be a bit to lengthy to invoke the urge to replay it like Dread does. With that said, there are multiple areas of critique where PoP exceeds what was done in Dread. Regardless if you like the story or not, it's far more fleshed out with superior cinematics and presentation values.

Last edited:
I'm seeing some comments that sound like some people are uncomfortable with the idea that Ubisoft crafted a game in this genre that "competes" and can stand toe to toe with some of the best.
I'm sensing an unnatural push against Prince of Persia

I was going to wait for the Ubisoft discount. But i'm a sucker for metroidvanias so i ordered and i expect it to receive friday. I was honestly not interested at all in this game until the reviews dropped and i saw it was a 2.5D Metroidvania, like how risky is that? LOL, is this considered a AAA game?

I was going to wait for the Ubisoft discount. But i'm a sucker for metroidvanias so i ordered and i expect it to receive friday. I was honestly not interested at all in this game until the reviews dropped and i saw it was a 2.5D Metroidvania, like how risky is that? LOL, is this considered a AAA game?

I don't think you will regret it. The more I play the more I appreciate what this team crafted. I didn't become a fan of this genre until Metroid Dread. I have tried diving into some of the older games that paved the way for games like these, but the gameplay is typically so rigid by comparison that I can't get into them. I haven't done Hollow Knight yet, but after Dread and now PoP, it's on the short list, very very short list.

I'll grab it on PS5 during the first sale I see.

Which knowing Ubisoft, will be like a week after launch lol

Back
Top Bottom