• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion April Nintendo Direct Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

damienark

Rattata
Banned

According to many posts I've been seeing online, the next Nintendo Direct may have leaked out. The linked images show folders on a PC that I assume are for the games that will appear during the direct. Alongside of that there is a logo for a new Ubisoft IP. Could this be real? The logo and the overall contents of this leak have me thinking it could be.

Why on earth would they use a Windows directory structure like that for creating a Nintendo Direct presentation video?

There is no mention of Star Fox, so that leads me to believe that it is 100% factually correct.

I call shenanigans, April fools is right around the corner and I refuse to believe any rumors or news until April 2nd.

Why the hell would there be an interview in the middle of a direct, didn't they stop doing that after E3 2015 when they had like 3 WiiU games to show with painfully long interviews?

Also why would there be a remake of a japan only DS game with a completely unlocalized title? I could see them remaking anything, but they'd probably localize the name, this isn't Taiko No Tatsujin.

I know this leak seems like something from like 2014, when people would easily fall for stuff like this. But idk... the contents of this direct and that logo seem a bit too legit. This leak isn't ridiculous like many other fakes. Seems pretty mellow and tame compared to most fakes.

This has to be fake
Plus a previous person said there would be an April direct also said their would be a march indie world and that didn't happen

I know this leak seems like something from like 2014, when people would easily fall for stuff like this. But idk... the contents of this direct and that logo seem a bit too legit. This leak isn't ridiculous like many other fakes. Seems pretty mellow and tame compared to most fakes.
it's fake, very very fake. where did you find this btw?

200w.gif

XENOBLADE WARRIORS AND MP2 SHADOWDROP AND DKCR!

We did it, gamers! We did it! OMG

According to many posts I've been seeing online, the next Nintendo Direct may have leaked out. The linked images show folders on a PC that I assume are for the games that will appear during the direct. Alongside of that there is a logo for a new Ubisoft IP. Could this be real? The logo and the overall contents of this leak have me thinking it could be.

This is obviously fake amigo, especially if it doesn't have a source other than some randos on Twitter spreading it.

I am interested in almost every single thing on this lineup and it makes too much sense so I am going to have to say its fake even though My heart throbs for New soup and New soup Wii and Metroid prime 2 and 3. Its just.. too good to be true.

I like how the New Super Mario one says "coming". It's like naming a folder "open when you need to find the documents".

The longer I look at this the more I am completely confused by it.
Assuming "System Codename XII" isn't a name of a game, and is a codename for a, well, system, where the hell did they get the roman numeral for 12 from?
Combining the consoles and handhelds Nintendo acknowledges, we're already well past 12. Is it supposed to be (N)X 2? Or can we get even dumber and say it's the Wii 3 because X comes after W?

Why would they announce Pentiment and Grounded for Switch a month ago, announce SoT for PS a few days later and then wait until April to announce Sea of Thieves for Switch...

btw OP if you still have any doubt, the "a ubisoft original" thing only shows up on box art/key arts, and always in a plain font, never in the game's logo's font.

This can be discussed in the Direct Speculation Thread - Zellia, big lantern ghost, Party Sklar, Lord Azrael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom