• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News (also not a joke) iHOP is receiving a line of menu items themed after Sonic the Hedgehog

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
4281679-sonic_and_ihoppy_hour.jpg

move over, Party Animals.

the menu items have existed on the iHOP website backend for a week. but weren't made officially orderable until now.
as noted. there is an online rewards system in place. where ordering from the restaurant enough times will allow you to purchase (using Pancoins) one of three digital Sonic games (Sonic Superstars, Sonic Frontiers, and Sonic Origins Plus) or the Modern Amy Rose outfit in Superstars. though if it's anything like the Xbox promotion, the conversion rates are pretty bad.

Sorry, I no longer trust Sonic when it comes to food.

IMG-1942.jpg

Why even lie about that, Sonic?

Shadow’s Chaos Chocolate Pancakes looks like a stack of sugar coma. I’d try it. The rest are pretty normal. Tails’ 2x2x2 is the most basic breakfast to ever basic. Knuckle’s Chicken Sandwich looks like a thing I’d actually order. There’s an iHOP about a mile away from me so I could try it later this week and report back.

These all look...like things I would order at an IHOP! Which is to say: things I would order when Waffle House is too crowded.

So, now that Sonic's hit up IHOP and Denny's, he just needs Waffle House to pull off the hat trick.
Wonder who's gonna nab the Waffle House partnership first, Sonic or Harada?

Every time I just think "how is Sonic collaborating with another chain restaurant that isn't Sonic?" At this point the only explanation is an intense behind the scenes enmity over their shared name.

Every time I just think "how is Sonic collaborating with another chain restaurant that isn't Sonic?" At this point the only explanation is an intense behind the scenes enmity over their shared name.
Sonic the Burgerplace and Sonic the Hedgehog literally any time they come in close proximity:

I ate at an IHOP for easter and more than half of these (maybe all of them? I think the chicken sandwich is new?) are basically existing menu items but they just named them after sonic characters. Which is a big rip because they actually made more unique items for that bloody Wonka movie.

Anyways I'm gonna have the shadow pancakes, double chocolate is my thing.

I fucking hate this trend of SEGA making DLC exclusive to buying shit from other places like this. First there was the cel shaded “Comic Style” skins for Sonic Superstars that were exclusive to fucking Kroger “Points Rewards Plus” of all things (which I couldn’t get without buying $80 worth of stuff that I don’t want from a store I don’t shop at, so I never got them despite wanting them, and now it looks like they’re just gone forever since the DLC is no longer available via Kroger Rewards), and now there’s this fucking Retro Diner Style Amy skin that’s exclusive to this shitty IHOP promotion.

image-9.png

I haven’t looked into exactly how much I’d have to spend at IHOP to get this Amy skin, but it doesn’t matter anyway because there’s no way I’m gonna spend any money at IHOP when they have virtually no vegan options at all. If SEGA’s gonna do shitty promotions with exclusive DLC like this, they should at least make the DLC normally available to purchase after the promotional period is over… I’m surprised I haven’t seen more people upset at this shit.

I haven’t looked into exactly how much I’d have to spend at IHOP to get this Amy skin
I looked this up. Ultimately, it’s $25 USD (or five points where one point is awarded per $5 spent).

I was thinking of dropping by IHOP to try the Knuckles’ Chicken Sandwich which is $13.59 according to the website so I’d be over halfway there. I don’t have Sonic Superstars nor am I planning on getting it any time soon or ever. If I can manage to go to IHOP a second time, I’ll give the DLC code.

The caveats are:
  1. I’m having second thoughts because the aforementioned sandwich looks pretty small yet is highly caloric (1150 calories if I get the side of seasonal fruit which let’s be honest here, I wouldn’t because mac and cheese is an option).
  2. If I don’t like the sandwich, I’m far, far less likely to go back.
but it doesn’t matter anyway because there’s no way I’m gonna spend any money at IHOP when they have virtually no vegan options at all.
IMG-1960.gif

I went to IHOP last night and tried the Knuckles’ Chicken Sandwich which was okay! The roll was not great though all the fixings were perfectly fine.

The macaroni and cheese, however, was a war crime. It was like Easy Mac but bad. I’m not too good for Easy Mac and can even enjoy it because I know what I’m getting. But this?

IMG-2055.gif

That’s on me.

Anyway, turns out you get 5 Pancoins (like “pancakes” but coins!) for signing up for IHOP Rewards so I probably didn’t even need to order anything to get that Sonic DLC. 🤷‍♀️ It takes 24 hours for the coins to appear on your account so I wanted to make sure that happened before posting again:

IMG-2054.jpg

@Tye, I haven’t claimed the IHOP reward yet, but it looks like they email me the code. If you still want the Amy outfit DLC, let me know what platform and I’ll DM you the code once I get it.

@Tye, I haven’t claimed the IHOP reward yet, but it looks like they email me the code. If you still want the Amy outfit DLC, let me know what platform and I’ll DM you the code once I get it.
Thanks, I appreciate that! Though I mostly want it for completeness, and considering that I just recently learned that the Comic Style skins (which I was more interested in than this Amy skin) are completely unavailable now, I don’t really have much interest in getting this Amy skin while I can’t get the others. I wish SEGA would just let us buy all of this DLC normally.

I don't know why but Knuckles Chicken Sandwich is funny as hell. They didn't know what to do with him either.

Should've just been the wait staff punching your eggs after they set the plate down.

The Eggman though, I'd go for it on a weekend.

Back
Top Bottom