• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour Alanah Pearce - Nintendo Direct date is June 29th (corroborated by NateDrake)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The absence of a mainline Fire Emblem game has been weird. Fire Emblem is very consistently a biannual series. Ignoring everything around Thracia 776 which was a jankyass time for the series (Kaga did not like the 3D lmfao), the only other three year gap I see is Awakening to Fates which is understandable because three games' worth of content. So, I'm really curious what's next for the series.
I'd imagine that Fire Emblem now is a much bigger deal for Nintendo so every release of FE is a lot more important and have much bigger budget and scope, that plus HD development and COVID would explain why the huge gap between Three Houses and a new entry imo

(I'm also someone who wasn't involved in NintendoEra but now I'm here so Hi! )

It's always a game of chicken in which a number of people know the info and just wait and wait and wait and don't want to be the first to actually disclose anything, but when the gate finally opens they feel comfortable corroborating each other.

The thing is, that looks to a lot of people like piggybacking, when it's more not wanting to be in the crosshairs that comes with breaking info. Not to say it's never piggybacking, but you've got to look at who is saying what, and if that person is more reputable than not.
The game of piggybacking was when people latched on to June 15th

-Regarding the FE game, if Gust is assisting could Hidari do the character art? They did Shadows of Valentia and early Atelier games.
-Then there is Yusuke Kozaki, who did Awakening/Fates (plus No More Heroes 3?).
-And lastly Chinatsu Kurahana, who worked on 3 Houses and Hopes.
-We can also include all the other Atelier designers.

Regardless who the artist is, the art is gonna be 🔥🔥🔥

Now here’s my question. Are those mythical Persona Switch ports materializing at this thing, or is it time to stick a fork in it?

Now here’s my question. Are those mythical Persona Switch ports materializing at this thing, or is it time to stick a fork in it?
My brain tells me that it'd make zero sense to make Nintendo fans wait a whole two extra weeks just to get told yes, you too will get old ports.

But stranger things have happened.

My expectations are the floor, as is ever safest with Atlus.

Nate, IGN, VGC, Gamexplain and Alanah have said June 29 now. This amount of media never confirms they heard a direct is coming a certain date. Even in the past when a direct date seems certain.

My brain tells me that it'd make zero sense to make Nintendo fans wait a whole two extra weeks just to get told yes, you too will get old ports.

The larger issue is how many times we’ve kicked the ball a little further down the road. “It wasn’t announced at _ for reasons, let’s wait till __, and if it’s still not announced then, then we can assume it’s not happening”, rinse and repeat.

Like this shouldn’t be this complicated lol. We’re talking about ports of decade plus old mid budget PS2 games. At this point they’re announced for everything else. I would say it’s safe to assume Atlus has decided against the Switch but fine, let’s give it this one last Direct, the first Nintendo event after these were confirmed for other systems, to decide once and for all.

I’m personally assuming no though lol.

Nate, IGN, VGC, Gamexplain and Alanah have said June 29 now. This amount of media never confirms they heard a direct is coming a certain date. Even in the past when a direct date seems certain.

No doubt it’s certain at this point. However I have a feeling so many people know about it because it’d otherwise be their E3 event - larger, with perhaps more third parties involved than usual.

Exciting regardless

Fairly certain we’ve seen port announcements being held for Directs before. Say what you want but it actually does bring an element of excitement and surprise to what would otherwise be a ‘fast-forward please we already know’ kinda moment in the direct.

And once all this is over, literally nobody will care about that couple week gap in announcements.

Lastly, Nate said Persona is coming to Switch. My only fear is that we miss out on P5R for any reason, since he’s not confident on what titles are coming.

Last edited:
The game of piggybacking was when people latched on to June 15th
Wasn't that just the reddit guy misreading things and then a bunch of people getting behind that due to wishful thinking?

If there were a bunch of people actually claiming that date instead of just hoping for it, I missed it.

I have zero expectations honestly. Disregard me.
Two of the three games I named have already been announced for several years, and one is perhaps the most heavily rumored game, or at least tied with new Fire Emblem. Don't think I'm being too unreasonable but we'll find out soon enough

I think it's because she just figured it was already announced. She and her circle probably have known about it for a while.

The shareholder meeting in June is largely procedural, they don't usually talk about games or sales or anything there. It's typically just voting for the board of directors and things like that.

They probably want the news cycle to themselves for the Direct, since they aren't really beholden to E3 timing this year. Plus, it's after FEWTH releases so they can give that a little time to breathe before they announce some new games.
Did you watch the clip? She says, "I don't think it's been announced yet" and calls it a leak.

Did you watch the clip? She says, "I don't think it's been announced yet" and calls it a leak.
Oh whoops. I did not.

I thought someone else had said she dropped it very casually as if she thought it had been announced.

This feels more inline with what I was personally guessing but I wouldn’t mind if it was earlier :)

The absence of a mainline Fire Emblem game has been weird. Fire Emblem is very consistently a biannual series. Ignoring everything around Thracia 776 which was a jankyass time for the series (Kaga did not like the 3D lmfao), the only other three year gap I see is Awakening to Fates which is understandable because three games' worth of content. So, I'm really curious what's next for the series.
I'm sure the FE staff at Intelligent Systems has been working on something. If I'm remembering correctly, only a very small number of Intelligent Systems staff were credited on Three Houses. Most of the Shadows of Valentia staff hasn't been credited on any games for the past 5 years at this point. Maybe some of them were moved on to help with Fire Emblem Heroes updates, but I don't believe any of them had major roles in The Origami King or the new WarioWare game.

-Regarding the FE game, if Gust is assisting could Hidari do the character art? They did Shadows of Valentia and early Atelier games.
-Then there is Yusuke Kozaki, who did Awakening/Fates (plus No More Heroes 3?).
-And lastly Chinatsu Kurahana, who worked on 3 Houses and Hopes.
-We can also include all the other Atelier designers.

Regardless who the artist is, the art is gonna be 🔥🔥🔥
NO offense to Chinatsu Kurahana enjoyers, but I can't get into their character designs. Hoping it's a comeback for Yusuke Kozaki.

NO offense to Chinatsu Kurahana enjoyers, but I can't get into their character designs. Hoping it's a comeback for Yusuke Kozaki.
Interesting. I can understand why. Previous she did otome games, which I think is the reason this game has a large female audience, at least according to some surveys. Yusuke's art is amazing, I myself prefer Senri Kanta, Tellus games, but she works at SNK so idk.

Interesting. I can understand why. Previous she did otome games, which I think is the reason this game has a large female audience, at least according to some surveys. Yusuke's art is amazing, I myself prefer Senri Kanta, Tellus games, but she works at SNK so idk.
shes working on fire emblem right now
2ddb4143ae6ca0e2c68b76a19ad4a19e.jpg

4ddu17guvap61.png

NMFUEzO.png

xnNRwHil.jpg

TCGCipher_B18-001SR.png

sg5h46valos71.png

Seems kind of eye-rolling to me that all of a sudden everyone of course knew it was on the 29th, but what do I know I guess.
If you're talking about people other than respectable insiders like Nate, then yes, I agree. A broken clock is right twice a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom