• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club a console war is currently happening on the 2.3 billion dollar Las Vegas Sphere

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
it all started with Microsoft and their new “Wake Up and Dream” ad campaign, after airing a few spots on television they decided to drop some money on ad space for the coveted sphere.

an obvious choice owing to it's similarity to the Xbox logo, but Sony was not happy with this arrangement.
the next day they ended up dropping their own ad on the sphere, promoting the recently released Spider-Man 2 game.

noted Famiboards favorite™️ Nintendo has not commented on the matter, but it seems likely they will fire a shot of their own in the coming weeks. (or the fanbase will do it for them, like what happened with Pikmin 4.)

Could you imagine if the Pikmin Reddit comes together and gets Pikmin memes up on the sphere

Nintendo, you know what needs to be done

Screenshot_2023-08-31_at_10.30.07_AM.jpg

I know this thread is in the gaming section, but looking at footage from the U2 concert that was held there (that isn't blocked on copyright grounds), it looks like a horrible concert venue.

I don’t think Nintendo will do it, it’s up to the fans.

Quoted by: SiG
Typical Sony and Microsoft invest in anything but good games. I'm glad Nintendo doesn't waste money on advertising.

Lets hope Nintendo don't waste huge money for that waste lol. Better use those marketing money on more stands around stores so kids and families can try their game life on the ground.

Are you kidding me?

The ball is basically asking to have Kirby advertised in it.
That is why I don't think it will happen, it is too obvious/seems like it would a reasonable thing to do, and Nintendo doesn't really like to do what seems obvious most/if not all of the time.

edit: i guess we will find out in the coming days if it happens or not.

whenever Nintendo starts advertising their next gen hardware, I could see them doing it.

As the current Switch is (very) slowly winding down ? Not so much.

That being said I would love seeing a WarioWare Move It ad playing on it tho with the twerking minigame.

It's like several people said, why would Nintendo do anything if it has a fanbase so devoted that they gather together to buy the adspace.

¯\(ツ)/¯​

SEGA not using this to advertise the Sonic games by showing Sonic in spindash ball is marketing fail.

The Sphere is just easy viral marketing. That said, I can’t picture Nintendo investing in it. Not even for their next gen console’s debut.

Pokemon would be very smart, tho

The people of Las Vegas have my sincere sympathies for having to look at this shit

I really don't think this means much, nor do I think these occurances have anything in common. The Sphere is a billboard. A famous one, yes, but just a billboard. But even normal billboards usually take more than a week of planning ahead of time to get something on it. These things are usually decided months in advance in stuffy marketing meetings, with no real consideration for "the other side". The three console manufacturers just don't care about each other enough to pay big bucks on short notice for a Sphere ad.

However, if Nintendo WERE to put something on it, I mean, my money is on Super Nintendo Switch. Nintendo puts money into their marketing for the games, sure, but their consoles are their own level of ferver within the company.

Also just want to add, fuck the sphere. A bright, spherical billboard is dangerous and an egregious waste of space, while as a concert venue it blows. It's not even that good at advertising things. These ads were purpose built for the sphere and still kinda look like shit.

The MSG Sphere's gotta be the biggest blessing in terms of being able market shit lmao.

Gonna throw my hat in the ring by hacking the ad ball and making it broadcast 360 degree cat videos

Gonna throw my hat in the ring by hacking the ad ball and making it broadcast this:

giphy-2.gif

For context: the period ending on September 30th and the Sphere opened on the 29th. Wild decision to make over one day

Back
Top Bottom