• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

NSO Five Rare games join Nintendo Switch Online today: R.C. Pro-Am, Snake Rattle ‘n’ Roll, Battletoads in Battlemaniacs, Killer Instinct, Blast Corps

I have heard fun things about Blast Corps, definitely going to give it a try.

I never expected to see Killer Instinct on here. They gotta be saving Diddy Kong Racing and Donkey Kong 64 for something special. :unsure:
Honestly Jet Force Gemini of all games being announced for NSO last year pretty much confirmed that we were going to be seeing most, if not all of Rare's pre-Xbox back catalog on NSO at some point.

Blast Corps is a fantastic game, going to be flexing the nostalgia muscles later today for sure.

Got to be more Rare stuff coming for NSO surely now? Diddy Kong Racing, DK64 and Perfect Dark are all necessities.

Should expect every game Rare made to come to NSO that’s not Disney. Diddy Kong racing and dk64 are being saved with the new DK game.

About damn time! I’m guessing this is a better option than porting Rare Replay?
Absolutely. KI SNES and Battletoads in Battlemaniacs are not in Rare Replay, so this is much better (assuming we'll get other Nintendo Rare games too).

Honestly Jet Force Gemini of all games being announced for NSO last year pretty much confirmed that we were going to be seeing most, if not all of Rare's pre-Xbox back catalog on NSO at some point.

Don't forget their GBA catalogue. They didn't make much for it that wasn't the Country remakes, but they still made games for it. And even Rare Replay didn't get those yet.

Would be the perfect chance for Grunty's Revenge to get some much needed reevaluation.

Always wanted to give Blast Corps a go. Hope this means even more Rare stuff is coming (I've been weirdly curious about the isometric Banjo on GBA)

Interesting that this firmly puts 3rd party NSO stuff on the table for any future partner directs. Wasn't expecting that

We’re back, baby!!!

And FYI, Battletoads SNES and Killer Instinct SNES here are exclusive to Switch! Those versions are NOT on Rare Replay!

Last edited:
It might be safe to say that Conker's Bad Fur Day won't be coming to NSO.

If Nintendo does what they're doing in Japan and do a separate 18+ app for the western NSO service, that could path the way to Conker and also Perfect Dark.

Blast Corps was the one Rare game on Nintendo 64 I never played for whatever reason. I was always aware of it but somehow just never came across it. I'll be interested in trying it out for the first time.

WHERE’S DIDDY KONG RACING
starting to think that, DK64, and the DK Land games are being saved for a "Donkey Kong blowout" of some kind to tie in with the theme park expansion and DKC's 30th anniversary. Maybe get a hagi port of DKC Returns while we're at it

(I'm not coping, you're coping)

okay but can we pre-order Battletoads?

That Killer Instinct theme 🥹
So iconic.

Still have my Killer Cuts here.

RyRL8Zr.png

Blast Corps! I remember renting that one and having a blast (…) as a kid!

I’ve been waiting maybe more than a decade to find a decent use for a “pre-order Battletoads” joke and I truly, deeply think the zeitgeist has left me behind

Never played any of these but seeing the spinning Rareware logo at the beginning was a hit of nostalgia for sure.

Oh, so R.C. Pro-Am is where Blizzard got Rock 'n' Roll Racing from.

I just had another Warcraft / Warhammer giant pauldrons moment.

Oh man, Blast Corps! I played that game to death back in the day, though I was never very good at it

I think it's time to give a real try at beating it! That's so exciting

I always wanted to give Blast Corps a shot, but never had a chance to do so. Can't wait to finally play it after all these years.

Also Battletoads in Battlemaniacs is giving me major nostalgic vibes right now. I remember playing that game all summer long with my cousins when I was a kid.

Nice to get all that ! And it's a promise for more Rare stuff to get.
Can't wait to get Perfect Dark.

Here’s a list of games that could still potentially release on NSO. And this isn’t even all of them! Plenty of others I just can’t think of at the moment…

1. DKC GBA
  2. DKC 2 GBA
  3. DKC 3 GBA
  4. DKC GBC
  5. DKL 3 GBC (Japan only release)
  6. DKL
  7. DKL 2
  8. DKL 3
  9. Diddy Kong Racing
  10. DK64
  11. Perfect Dark
  12. Perfect Dark GBC
  13. Banjo-Tooie
  14. B-K: Grunty's Revenge
  15. Banjo Pilot
  16. Sabre Wulf GBA
  17. It's Mr. Pants
  18. Conker's Bad Fur Day
  19. Conker's Pocket Tales
  20. Killer Instinct Gold
  21. Killer Instinct GB
  22. Snake Rattle N Roll GB
  23. Battletoads NES
  24. Battletoads in Ragnarok's World
  25. Battletoads (Genesis)
  26. Time Lord
  27. Captain Skyhawk
  28. Wizards & Warriors
  29. W&W 2
  30. W&W 3
  31. W&W: Fortress of X
  32. Slalom
  33. Championship Pro-Am
  34. Cobra Triangle

Surprised we didn't get the NES Battletoads here since it's the more famous one.

Anyways we are definitely getting most the Rare catalog now. I imagine the more demanded games will be given their own months of spotlight (Banjo Tooie, Diddy Kong Racing, Perfect Dark, etc.)

Here’s a list of games that could still potentially release on NSO. And this isn’t even all of them! Plenty of others I just can’t think of at the moment…

1. DKC GBA
  2. DKC 2 GBA
  3. DKC 3 GBA
  4. DKC GBC
  6. DKL
  7. DKL 2
  8. DKL 3
  9. Diddy Kong Racing
  10. DK64
  11. Perfect Dark
  12. Perfect Dark GBC
  13. Banjo-Tooie
  15. Banjo Pilot
  16. Sabre Wulf GBA
  17. It's Mr. Pants
  18. Conker's Bad Fur Day
  20. Killer Instinct Gold
  21. Killer Instinct GB
  23. Battletoads NES
  26. Time Lord
  27. Captain Skyhawk
  28. Wizards & Warriors
  29. W&W 2
  30. W&W 3
  32. Slalom
  33. Championship Pro-Am
  34. Cobra Triangle
God damn lmao, that sure is a lot !

1. DKC GBA
  2. DKC 2 GBA
  3. DKC 3 GBA
  4. DKC GBC
  6. DKL
  7. DKL 2
  8. DKL 3
  9. Diddy Kong Racing
  10. DK64
  11. Perfect Dark
  12. Perfect Dark GBC
  13. Banjo-Tooie
  15. Banjo Pilot
  16. Sabre Wulf GBA
  17. It's Mr. Pants
  18. Conker's Bad Fur Day
  20. Killer Instinct Gold
  21. Killer Instinct GB
  23. Battletoads NES
  26. Time Lord
  27. Captain Skyhawk
  28. Wizards & Warriors
  29. W&W 2
  30. W&W 3
  32. Slalom
  33. Championship Pro-Am
  34. Cobra Triangle
no joke I want Donkey Kong Land very badly

wild remixes

and DKL especially is so wildly different

1. Wizards & Warriors
  2. W&W 2
  3. W&W 3
  4. W&W: Fortress of X
Wizards & Warriors are my childhood series I'd love to see them back. But they're not in Rare Replay, which makes me think Rare does not own the games. Wonder who does?

Gonna be glorious to see Fabio's face in NES NSO (fuck him btw, rightwing pos)

the MS-going-not-third party is paying off! that means the rest is sure to hit. maybe even Conker in the M-rated App

Awesome! Killer Instinct was kind of a big deal back when it first came out, a fun part of Nintendo's history that's finally come home. Looking forward to Killer Instinct Gold on the N64 Expansion Pak eventually too.

R.C. Pro-AM is one that I'll replay. I'll try Snake Rattle n' Roll, Battletoads in Battlemaniacs, and Killer Instinct SNES. Hope we get Shalom and NES Battletoads sometime else this year (Cobra Triangle would be nice too).

Back
Top Bottom