• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

NSO Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons out for NSO:GB July 27th

Yes! Not as iconic as Link’s Awakening but solid 2D Zelda games built on top of that one’s mechanics. Definitely worth checking out if you haven’t before.

F*ck yeah! Oracle of Ages is a frikking masterpiece (and Oracle of Seasons is fine too). About damn time this happened.

But seriously, where are the remakes Nintendo?

You mean NSO GB/C! Also give me some N64 NSO this week too! Need to finally finish these. Considering it’s high profile GBC games I get why it’s a 2-pack

Oh also, will this support link cable transfer so we don’t have to use the passcode? We know the emulator has it

still have my carts
20230726_210615.jpg

I guess this is the Zelda thing Grubb mentioned.

Both are absolutely stellar, but I kind of want to hold off in case they make a remake that is absolutely coming if I believe hard enough.
I feel like if a remake was coming soon they would have sat on these. If we get remakes they are probably several years away.

Neat, these are good games. I should actually finish them this time lol

I guess this is the Zelda thing Grubb mentioned.

Both are absolutely stellar, but I kind of want to hold off in case they make a remake that is absolutely coming if I believe hard enough.
Nah, this was announced earlier this year already.

EDIT: I was wrong

Ah jeez Nintendo fine, I'll replay them again since you're gonna twist my arm like this!

Edit: also lol these two games coming out right after TotK. I know it's not intentional but pretty suspect to release the duo of games where Twinrova is the primary antagonist right after TotK had a blink and you'll miss it Twinrova cameo.

Been looking forward to these. I played a little bit of one of them on 3DS (can't remember which one), so it'll be neat to finally do full playthroughs of both.

Huh....this was really out of nowhere, probably one of the most random updates on NSO ever.

Not complaining though, these games are great!

I feel like if a remake was coming soon they would have sat on these. If we get remakes they are probably several years away.
Honestly, I'm glad these aren't be remade. Not only because they're awesome as is, but I doubt any team would want to deal with the Link Transfer system these games used in any serious way.

still have my carts
20230726_210615.jpg

Same! I remember pissing off my mom because I genuinely thought I could play them on my Super Game Boy. That turned out to be folly, as I got an error screen when I tried to play them on it. So, I had to somehow convince my mom to shell out more money for a Game Boy Advance eventually, which pissed her off even more. ha To be fair, decidedly I wasn't so pissed by getting a GBA... :3

Nah, this was announced earlier this year already.
I'll say, as someone that listens to a lot of Grubb's podcasts, that there's a very strong possibility he forgot these were already announced or thought they had already been added. Every time NSO has come up on one of his shows, he ends up needing to look up a list of games we're still waiting on, and a lot of times he mistakenly claims Diddy Kong Racing was announced or added at some point (and then gets yelled at by his chat).

I hope everyone playing these is ready to make the most important decision of their gaming career:

animal-companions.jpg

I was a Dimitri guy

YES! Finally, I only played oracle of seasons as that's the only one stores brought here for some reason, gonna finally enjoy Ages

Awesome picks! It is probably going to be a few months before I can play them, but I'm looking forward to jumping in. I played Seasons on the 3DS years ago, but I never came close to finishing it. I think I got stuck somewhere and gave up lol.

still have my carts
20230726_210615.jpg

They are bought second hand, but I have a pair as well.

These are really great games. Tempted to try to fit a replay in this year, but I’m absolutely buried in awesome games right now haha.

Link cable support works, but the Advance Shop doesn’t seem to be available once again. 1/2 fixes of content unavailable on 3DS VC.

I hear you. I'm not even considering trying these while I'm working on Pikmin and the Mario challenge.
I really need to get on the Mario challenge…think I’m doing replays of the two Land games if I can fit them in. Gotta get the weird Mario replays in ahead of the next weird Mario lol.

I played Seasons but never beat it. I’ve been meaning to get around to complete playthroughs of both of these for ages (heh), even bought them on 3DS over a decade ago, but it hasn’t happened yet… hoping soon.

Oh look another Zelda game I gotta play

I'm excited though cause I never got to play this game when I was younger

Now a whole new generation can be traumatized by the 7th dungeon in Oracle of Ages!

Ages/Seasons are legitimately my favorite 2D Zelda games, though. Especially as a pair, they’re so good.

Back
Top Bottom