• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Hardware 2 Years of "Next Generation" Consoles. How are you feeling?

*looks at my ps5 collecting dust and my xbox series s which I've spent most of my time playing Rockband 4 and emulated game"

Things are looking up

They are so scarce around here that I've barely even noticed "Next Gen" ever started. I think I know literally 1 person that has a PS5 and that's it...

Hopefully whatever the next Switch is won't be as hard to find since I'll definitely want one.

Can't help it but be amused just a tad every time someone highlights the importance of the switch to SSDs for these new consoles.
SSDs are funny because yeah, we been rocking those since Obama was in office in PC land. :LOL: I too am glad consoles discovered their existence. Great for OS installs.

Even in almighty NYC I haven’t seen a PS5 in someone’s home, though three coworkers say they have one. The software still seems totally shared and MEH as fuck.

I own a PS5 and a Series X, I'm impressed with how quiet the machine is, the hardware is nice but I haven't played so much on it. I did the cheap Gamepass trick so have finished a few 3rd party games such as Outer Worlds and Dragon Quest 11. I also got to try things like Psychonauts 2 and Jedi Awakens, neither of which clicked with me. After 2 years, the first party lineup is totally abysmal for my tastes, I don't like Halo, Forza or Gears and there isn't much else. It should improve in the next few years but at the moment, it's really not great. Only thing I will play soon is A Plague Tale:Requiem.

The PS5 is an ugly big beast and not as quiet as it should be but the controller is pretty fantastic.
Best game so far is Elden Ring, which is amazing and I adored Yakuza 7, RE8 was great and I'm currently playing Horizon: Zero Dawn which is stunning visually with a great story but the game itself is pretty meh.

So, overall they're a bit disappointing in terms of software so far but loads of potential is there, I still have quite a backlog of improved PS4 games like Death Stranding, Nioh 2, Ghost of Tsushima and Control so I should STFU.

As I'm holding off on Ninty stuff till the next Switch hardware arrives, almost all my gaming is on the PS5.

Back
Top Bottom