• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News 15 minute Super Mario Bros Wonder Direct August 31st at 10 am EDT

SEPTEMBER DIRECT CANCELLED CONFIRMED

Fifteen minutes is pretty ambitious for a 2D platformer. I’m betting there’s a lot of modes we haven’t seen yet.

Also elephant Mario Amiibo please.

super-mario-mario.gif

SEPTEMBER DIRECT CANCELLED CONFIRMED

Fifteen minutes is pretty ambitious for a 2D platformer. I’m betting there’s a lot of modes we haven’t seen yet.

Also elephant Mario Amiibo please.

The Splatoon 3 direct last year happened right before the General in September

they've been hiding some major stuff if they can dedicate 15 minutes to this.

The Splatoon 3 and Xenoblade 3 directs last year were double the length of this one. Seems pretty standard

It's a me, a Mario direct. Looking forward to this!

They're definitely going to have a segment with Mario and his maker. It's happening for sure.

Plenty of stuff they could announce here.. game modes, multiplayer, some powerups, additional features, Amiibo, Special Edition for either game or console and so on.

Starfield reviews dropping
One Piece Live Action series dropping
And now a Mario Direct dropping!?

What a day

Hope we get a good glimpse at some new areas or the world map.
It's time to see the big hooks that'll really make this fly off the shelves

Woof, I'm not sure if I wanna spoil myself but it IS enticing. I remember the last trailer for Odyssey showing a bit too much, and this game seems to be all about just weird stuff happening. Argh, decisions...

The Splatoon 3 and Xenoblade 3 directs last year were double the length of this one. Seems pretty standard
yeah but for a splatoon or xenoblade game i can see why they'd need time to showcase the gameplay systems and story/characters for that long. for a 2D mario it'll be hard to hold people's interest for 15 minutes unless there's some unexpected twists.

edit: nvm, i forgot about martinet and miyamoto's video.

10 minutes of Wonder gameplay and info (Some more animal power up reveals, online multiplayer confirmation)
5 minutes of Martinet and Miyamoto talking about Martinet's time as the voice of Mario/reveal of the new VA.

yeah but for a splatoon or xenoblade game i can see why they'd need time to showcase the gameplay systems and story/characters for that long. for a 2D mario it'll be hard to hold people's interest for 15 minutes unless there's some unexpected twists.
Some of it will be Miyamoto and Charles talking.

and this one
bg-hero.jpg
So pretty... also, I'm a bit surprised that we're getting a standalone direct for Super Mario Bros. Wonder. Though maybe I shouldn't be, since there were a lot of mechanics shown off in the June trailer that were never really explained, and those explanations (plus any new info) could easily fill 15 minutes.

this wasn't on my bingo card
I like it because, as suggested, it means that Wonder, being easily the biggest release for Switch in the coming months, gets its own time.

It also lends itself well to the general idea of continuing the trend where September/pre-TGS directs are third party centric affairs.

Prediction time!
  • No Mario VA! It's all AI generated. But those flowers will be voiced by the CNN anchor Anderson Cooper.
  • New Donk City themed world with playable Pauline. She'll wear a tracksuit for better jump.
  • Pick your own color variations for Mario and friends! Black dresses for Peach & Daisy are available for anyone wants a little goth in their game
  • More returning enemies! Moai from Super Mario Land! Because gaming world really needs more Moai!
  • Wario and Waluigi as unlockable playable characters. You can unlock Waluigi but you can't actually play as him as he doesn't exist
  • DLC pack 1: Mario Family as playable characters! Papa Mario, Mama Mario, Uncle Tony, Uncle Arturo And Grandpa Mario. Secret! Luigeena from Super Mario Super Show!

Prediction time!
  • No Mario VA! It's all AI generated. But those flowers will be voiced by the CNN anchor Anderson Cooper.
  • New Donk City themed world with playable Pauline. She'll wear a tracksuit for better jump.
  • Pick your own color variations for Mario and friends! Black dresses for Peach & Daisy are available for anyone wants a little goth in their game
  • More returning enemies! Moai from Super Mario Land! Because gaming world really needs more Moai!
  • Wario and Waluigi as unlockable playable characters. You can unlock Waluigi but you can't actually play as him as he doesn't exist
  • DLC pack 1: Mario Family as playable characters! Papa Mario, Mama Mario, Uncle Tony, Uncle Arturo And Grandpa Mario. Secret! Luigeena from Super Mario Super Show!

No Jack Black Bowser voice pack, no DLC buy.

I can't wait to add this 15 minute Direct to my weekly routine of watching the Wonder trailer!

Was not expecting this lol, can’t wait to see more though. Interesting they are doing this before a September direct (assuming we do get one)

They're probably going to talk about the rumoured route split here, right? Where you have to decide whether you support the Mushroom Empire, Sarasaland, the Walliance, or the Holy Church of Wiggler.

This is Mario's triumphant return to high profile 2D. The game will be packed with content.

I really thought they'd wait until a September direct but considering this is a major release (despite what some people think) I guess it makes sense to start the marketing machine a bit earlier.
It being 15 minutes makes me feel like it will be a game packed with content, probably the last chance to confirm whether there is online multiplayer or not.

Back
Top Bottom