• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Pre-release Discussion Thread (Spoilers from leaks/early copies NOT allowed)

Which side are you on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since nobody has mentioned it I will also point out the Keves group is confirmed to be from Colony 9. Also Gonzalez apparently exists in this world too.

Just beat Xenoblade Chronicles 2 lastnight for the first time since it launched. I am now so hyped about Xenoblade 3. The idea of combining both games for the third (and possibly final entry to make it a trilogy) is such a rad idea. I think Xenoblade 1-3 could go down as the best trilogy in gaming if they stick the landing.

It seems to read as permanent party members and not just guests, since the wording in japanese is they will officially join the party

The ending of X2 could be purposely misleading, so that we think both worlds merged.

Here is also my crackpot theory, with zero basis:

Somehow someone got access to the data of both worlds and recreated them. In the process the files got corupted (maybe on purpose) and created Venom Melia and Big Boss Nia. This war driven world is a hyper inflation version of the system Zanza used. They could try to resurrect Bionis/Mechonis, or even Zanza himself.

Thank you listening to my TED-Talk in your head.
I hadn't considered this! Like maybe someone is looking to achieve the godhood that Klaus did but don't have the heart of Galea to balance the equation so they end up only being able to mimic his worlds, and in a corrupted, miserable way.

Dang.

Still kind of in awe that we are getting this in July, after it had been originally announced in February for September. The frequent updates make the wait more bearable.

So close, yet so far.

Yeah I expect they will function like X's party members in that you can swap them in and out as needed.
I hope we have access to all available Heroes easily, and we don't have to track them down anytime we want them in the party.

The last tweet that shows Riku & Manana's art has the word "Yumsmith" below their names and a gun and shield icon next to it. Possible class?
Good catch, maybe we will get access to the legendary Gun and Pot fighting style.

Which to me also feels like more evidence of weapon swapping, but I'll admit I just really want that theory to be true

Having a nopon party member means success in the Xenoblade universe.
Shulk's party + Riki = success
Rex's party + Tora = success
Lora's party + no nopon = failure
Elma's party + Tatsu just following while not playable and under constant threat of being cooked and eaten by a party member = cliffhanger

Hard to believe that May is now half over, we are around one month until a likely deep dive trailer (locations and combat? Maybe?), and just over two months until actual launch.

I'm also hopeful that if the game has been done a while that they'll give reviewers a nice long lead time. Seeing previews and good in-depth reviews from people like Derrick Bitner is great, even if it makes dodging spoilers a bit harder.

Hard to believe that May is now half over, we are around one month until a likely deep dive trailer (locations and combat? Maybe?), and just over two months until actual launch.

I'm also hopeful that if the game has been done a while that they'll give reviewers a nice long lead time. Seeing previews and good in-depth reviews from people like Derrick Bitner is great, even if it makes dodging spoilers a bit harder.
I love the previews for Xenoblade because there’s countless amounts of discussions to be had. It’s similar to Zelda

I imagine next trailer would probably be about exploration, though it could be argued that was what the first trailer was focused on. So maybe instead something more generally touching on everything.
A "Yumsmith" is exactly what Nopon would call a cook
Hey you try coming up with a good name for a class that is a combination of a mechanic and a chef
Yeah it's honestly a fairly clever name for a class based around two individuals. And it allows for one person to still fill that role as a "Yumsmith". Though I wonder how they'd justify that in lore given that Riku and Manana don't seem to use Blades. Maybe it'll just be an exclusive class to them, but I doubt it now given that we have an official name for the class.

Yeah it's honestly a fairly clever name for a class based around two individuals. And it allows for one person to still fill that role as a "Yumsmith". Though I wonder how they'd justify that in lore given that Riku and Manana don't seem to use Blades. Maybe it'll just be an exclusive class to them, but I doubt it now given that we have an official name for the class.

Yeah, them bothering to name that class does have me scratching my chin at what that could imply for the class system. Even if the Heroes are AI-controlled only, I hope we can at least use their classes. Should allow for even more customization options! (although I have no idea if Yumsmith's arts would fall under Keves or Agnus)

Yeah, them bothering to name that class does have me scratching my chin at what that could imply for the class system. Even if the Heroes are AI-controlled only, I hope we can at least use their classes. Should allow for even more customization options! (although I have no idea if Yumsmith's arts would fall under Keves or Agnus)
It would be neat if that was the one class that has a mix of circle and diamond arts.

I imagine next trailer would probably be about exploration, though it could be argued that was what the first trailer was focused on. So maybe instead something more generally touching on everything.
I would honestly be up for a proper story trailer at this point. A lot of what we know about the story and world has come from Monopon and press kit blurbs, so having an actual trailer to explain the scenario and setting would be great. It'd also probably give us some context for lines from the earlier trailers (such as stuff about Mio not having much time or what the heck the Flame Clock is).

I can't believe I forgot to mention this but the legend of the heropon seems to be continuing through Riku as he refers to the Keves group as his sidekicks.

“Get stuck in”
“You’re a life-saver”

First time is a coincidence, but second time is suspicious. Just need to hear someone yell “I’m really feeling it” and we’ll have bingo!

Sena's weapon also transforms during one of her arts

“Get stuck in”
“You’re a life-saver”

First time is a coincidence, but second time is suspicious. Just need to hear someone yell “I’m really feeling it” and we’ll have bingo!

The lifesaver thing has been said so many times it's basically become a recurring joke

They're really going all-in on Lanz being Reyn 2.0.

Man the environments in this clip are stunning. Also, Mio is once again in her default Zephyr outfit with a different class, this time the Medic Gunner

Not much to say here. Sena has a cool hammer attack where the hammer seems to become some sort of dual-sided hammer (looks like a dumbbell), which is pretty cool. This might support the theory that weapon transformations like Noah's Gauntlet and Eunie's Gun part of her Gunstaff might just be tied to specific arts instead of a full weapon transformation

Edit: Hm, healer tweet posted early?

Last edited:
Seeing some cool new arts in those clips. Looks like Mio has an evasion down AOE attack. Noah has what looks like a really cool jumping slash version of Monado Buster in the defender clip. Maybe that's what Ground Beat looks like. Does Taion just wave his hand for auto-attacks?

Come here I got something for ya is the better meme line, and its new

One of the best parts of this constant stream of news is that we get constant streams of hour-long Youtube analyses

I'm obsessed enough with this game that I will watch this despite probably knowing everything it's going to talk about

One of the best parts of this constant stream of news is that we get constant streams of hour-long Youtube analyses

I'm obsessed enough with this game that I will watch this despite probably knowing everything it's going to talk about
Its a wild ride... This passage of youtube analyses.

I like how the party levels up and gets a full heal right as Eunie uses her heal art thus wasting it in the clip telling you how important healers are.

Both of these clips look gorgeous visually. The grassy area is the only one that looks to have problems.
The only problem I've seen so far is the fact that this game is not currently plugged into my Nintendo Switch™
(sorry I'm just so hyped)

Having a nopon party member means success in the Xenoblade universe.
Shulk's party + Riki = success
Rex's party + Tora = success
Lora's party + no nopon = failure
Going by that metric Noah and Mio will be twice as successful in their journey.
but they do they work like regular pairs or as one? I wonder how many more heroes we can play as.. Perhaps as characters from previous xenoblade games... including DLC.

Kiyota is definitely the most underrated composer on the series.

Some people thought it sounded like Anuna, but I was wondering if the track from the reveal was actually one of her pieces.

I'm really curious to see how the songs end up split between the composers in 3. I'm also interested to see if Mitsuda handled production stuff for the OST (booking muscians, audio budget, etc) for this game like he did for 2. I recall him saying that 2 was the largest project he'd ever managed at the time.

Kiyota is definitely the most underrated composer on the series.

Some people thought it sounded like Anuna, but I was wondering if the track from the reveal was actually one of her pieces.
I think Mitsuda confirmed on his blog that the tracks in the reveal trailer were composed by him. So there might be some Anuna in there.
The last part was:
PVの楽曲はすべて自分が作曲したものになります。
And DeepL translates it to:
All the music for the PV was composed by me.

I'm really curious to see how the songs end up split between the composers in 3. I'm also interested to see if Mitsuda handled production stuff for the OST (booking muscians, audio budget, etc) for this game like he did for 2. I recall him saying that 2 was the largest project he'd ever managed at the time.
Since the game he was talking about since last year was most likely this one it sounds like this was an even bigger project.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom