• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

LTTP Xenoblade 3 is finally done after well over a year and it's... it's... (spoilers unmarked)

(Late to the party)

Metroid

Enemy of the Process Believe in Progress #BiP
Pronouns
He/him
yeah it's pretty good. I have an annoying/nasty/weird habit of playing a Xenoblade for anywhere from 5 to 20 hours, dropping it for a long, long time, then no-lifing it to completion once the mood strikes, usually on that same save. This one was no different, hence the title. I got it on release and played up until right before the end of chapter 3, right ahead of Colony Lambda's ambush in the Urayan Mines. Part of the reason why I stopped playing it was the lack of a visible throughline in the story. I was, obviously, wrong about this. Egg on my face during Chapter 5 and on where everything comes together. I was just impatient and didn't realize they were going for slowburn this time around rather than the steady buildup of the previous two games. That said, I think overall, I liked it the least of the 3 games. Just a hair too many mechanics, areas, colonies, fucking Consuls... But it's still really good! The main cast is all pretty likable, no sore spots there like Tora was in 2.

As for the ending, am I right in assuming that for all of the talk of Z being the fears and desires of humanity, he just was Origin itself going haywire? Maybe I missed a dialogue contradicting or confirming that. If that's the case though, what in the world were X and Y? They got almost nothing.

I've started Future Redeemed so maybe I'll get more fuel for answers there, but who knows (I assume you do). I thought Torna was all the best parts of the series up to that point in a shorter and sweeter package, so I'm hoping FR is much the same, and first impressions are looking to confirm that feeling.

I've started Future Redeemed so maybe I'll get more fuel for answers there, but who knows (I assume you do). I thought Torna was all the best parts of the series up to that point in a shorter and sweeter package, so I'm hoping FR is much the same, and first impressions are looking to confirm that feeling.
Future Redeemed is better than the base game in every way. Hope you enjoy it. Stick with it and let me know how you find it as you play more.

Future Redeemed relies a lot more on fanservice and returning characters than Torna, which is probably the main difference between the two. Otherwise, they are effectively the same thing, yes: boiling down the base game’s core mechanics into a tighter, smaller package.

I personally prefer both XC2 and XC3 over their DLC counterparts, but Future Redeemed is still very impressive in its own right, and I’d anticipate that you’ll prefer it over the base game.

Future Redeemed is better than the base game in every way. Hope you enjoy it. Stick with it and let me know how you find it as you play more.

Future Redeemed relies a lot more on fanservice and returning characters than Torna, which is probably the main difference between the two. Otherwise, they are effectively the same thing, yes: boiling down the base game’s core mechanics into a tighter, smaller package.

I personally prefer both XC2 and XC3 over their DLC counterparts, but Future Redeemed is still very impressive in its own right, and I’d anticipate that you’ll prefer it over the base game.
Alright yeah, Future Redeemed was really, really good. It might've been my platonic ideal for what Xenoblade could look like. The story did confuse me in a couple regards... What happened to Mythra and Pyra? Are they just stuck in Origin as Pneuma? For that matter, where's Mythra's child? I don't think there needs to be boxchecking, but that's the only child left unaccounted for at this point (assuming Panacea is Reyn and Sharla's kid and Linka is Zeke and Pandoria's). Also how are Shulk and Rex even around? Besides the obvious fanservice. I've never played the older Xeno games, so some of the name drops towards the end flew over my head, but I assume a lot of that came from those? And X? I guess I have to play X now...

Also how are Shulk and Rex even around?
Shulk and Rex are “avatars”: for whatever reason, they did not properly ingratiate themselves into Origin, and instead have been caught inside Aionios. So, given that Aionios is contained within a single second of time, they’re effectively ageless; you can’t grow old within a second, after all, but you can still die. Their children, on the other hand, were ingratiated into Aionios, and were then forced into the cycle.

Other avatars include Melia, Nia, Panacea, Linka, and Riku. Its heavily implied that Riki was one as well before dying at some point IIRC.

Regarding Mythra’s child:
there’s a common theory that it’s D/Dirk, the serial killer Moebius, due to how similar he looks to old man Rex, having Mrytha’s hair color, plus a couple of other things I forget. It’s kind of fucked up if that’s the case but it’s kind of interesting.

The entire game and its DLC was so well done. I would love for the story arc to finally be laid to rest and they "reboot" the franchise in the correctly merged worlds of Xenoblade 1 and 2.

Shulk and Rex are “avatars”: for whatever reason, they did not properly ingratiate themselves into Origin, and instead have been caught inside Aionios. So, given that Aionios is contained within a single second of time, they’re effectively ageless; you can’t grow old within a second, after all, but you can still die. Their children, on the other hand, were ingratiated into Aionios, and were then forced into the cycle.

Other avatars include Melia, Nia, Panacea, Linka, and Riku. Its heavily implied that Riki was one as well before dying at some point IIRC.
They become avatars in the ending though, or at least that's what they claim. Whatever they are that applies to everyone else, avatar isn't the word.

They become avatars in the ending though, or at least that's what they claim. Whatever they are that applies to everyone else, avatar isn't the word.
Fair enough, my terminology might’ve been mixed up. Word doesn’t really matter, I suppose.

yeah it's pretty good. I have an annoying/nasty/weird habit of playing a Xenoblade for anywhere from 5 to 20 hours, dropping it for a long, long time, then no-lifing it to completion once the mood strikes, usually on that same save.
Just wanted to say that this is the same exact experience I had with all xenoblade games I've played.

there’s a common theory that it’s D/Dirk, the serial killer Moebius, due to how similar he looks to old man Rex, having Mrytha’s hair color, plus a couple of other things I forget. It’s kind of fucked up if that’s the case but it’s kind of interesting.
This is really messed up, but it would be interesting at least if true.

I loved XC3. To me it's the best gameplay wise of the three (haven't played XCX) and 1 is my least favorite by far. I really don't care for (most of) the party members in that game.

This is really messed up, but it would be interesting at least if true.
I'm pretty sure this is more of a meme theory than anything else. Some people take it seriously, but most people I see say it ironically.

Back
Top Bottom