• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Xeno Series Community |ST|

I finally got around to putting in some time in XCX. I am six hours in and just finished chapter 3. Gameplay is definitely Xenoblade but holy cow are the cut scenes are long. It seems like a lot of options are about to open up now in Chapter 4 as I was seeing a lot more icons pop up.

Just curious, and I looking at another 70 hour adventure like Xenoblade 1?
Xenoblade X's length really depends on how thorough you are in terms of sidequests and exploration. The bulk of the game's content (even moreso than XC1 or XC2 imo) lies in its optional components. 70 hours isn't an unreasonable estimate though.

Xenoblade X's length really depends on how thorough you are in terms of sidequests and exploration. The bulk of the game's content (even moreso than XC1 or XC2 imo) lies in its optional components. 70 hours isn't an unreasonable estimate though.
Yea I was kind of gauging off of that website. Seems crazy how long these games can be lol.

I'm guessing that the later chapters will be a lot longer seeing as the first three levels are only taking a couple hours a piece (and I took my time to boost my level up).

Yea I was kind of gauging off of that website. Seems crazy how long these games can be lol.

I'm guessing that the later chapters will be a lot longer seeing as the first three levels are only taking a couple hours a piece (and I took my time to boost my level up).
The later chapters are indeed longer than the handful of tutorial chapters in the beginning. And as you progress you eventually unlock more ways of traversing that open up a ton of the world, so in addition to the narrative sections being a tad longer you might also spend more time just freely exploring.

The chapters do get longer, but not by that much. Its mainly that a ton of sidequests and exploration opportunities open up as you go along, so most people end up spending more and more time doing optional stuff as the plot progresses.

I want to get those statues but I think my fiancee would kill me.
luffy-worth-it-meme.jpg

This year, in 6 months, I played through Xenoblade 1 and 2, and became completely engrossed in each game's story, characters, and worlds. As soon as Xenoblade Chronicles 3 gets announced, I will replay through them again.

I may or may not have a crush on Pyra/Mythra.

Last edited:
The later chapters are indeed longer than the handful of tutorial chapters in the beginning. And as you progress you eventually unlock more ways of traversing that open up a ton of the world, so in addition to the narrative sections being a tad longer you might also spend more time just freely exploring.

The chapters do get longer, but not by that much. Its mainly that a ton of sidequests and exploration opportunities open up as you go along, so most people end up spending more and more time doing optional stuff as the plot progresses.

I'm sure it will be like any other RPG I play. At first I really enjoy my time and try to do as many side quests as possible.

By the midway point I go "Ok lets just finish the campaign already!"

I want to get those statues but I think my fiancee would kill me.

Funny story: my ex-gf was actually jealous of my love for Asuka from Evangelion. This may or may have not been one of the various reasons why she is my ex now.

That said, if she loves you she will accept you.

My dream is Xenoblade 3 running on a new more powerful Switch with DLSS enabled.
My dream is that they'll patch the other XB games when the new Switch comes out so I can go back and run around Gaur Plains in the rain in 1080p. ❤️

The idea of getting those two as amiibo is just... Wonderful!
I'm not a fan of statues so these small amiibos are indeed wonderful.

I'm dreading getting Sephiroth. He's going to be sold out in minutes. I'm sure I'm paying extra for him lol.

I’ve mentioned before I have a sealed copy of Xenosaga III. However, I just made the mistake of looking at eBay sold listings and now I have an unreasonable amount of anxiety about opening it up. I really want to play on my PS2/Retrotink-2x setup. Am I about to make a big mistake? Has anyone just said screw it and unsealed a copy of something valuable?

I’ve mentioned before I have a sealed copy of Xenosaga III. However, I just made the mistake of looking at eBay sold listings and now I have an unreasonable amount of anxiety about opening it up. I really want to play on my PS2/Retrotink-2x setup. Am I about to make a big mistake? Has anyone just said screw it and unsealed a copy of something valuable?
Games are meant to be played, not invested in.

That said, I did recently flip my sealed PSP copy of Trails in the Sky for somewhere between more than I originally paid for it but far lower than where it is currently on the market. Hopefully someone who really wanted to play it on PSP is enjoying it and not trying to re-flip it.

This year, in 6 months, I played through Xenoblade 1 and 2, and became completely engrossed in each game's story, characters, and worlds. As soon as Xenoblade Chronicles 3 gets announced, I will replay through them again.

I may or may not have a crush on Pyra/Mythra.
Don't we all? Lol.

I need to get XB1 DE. I haven't played it.

Xeno2 made me cry twice:

First with Torna and that ending. Then I played 2 base game and the ending was going to a similar tragic ending.

Amazing games and I would love to replay, maybe after SMT V.

Btw, Mythra ftw.

Xeno2 made me cry twice:

First with Torna and that ending. Then I played 2 base game and the ending was going to a similar tragic ending.

Btw, Mythra ftw.
Xenoblade 2 got me so many times it isn't funny. Ch.3 and Ch.7 - Ch.10 all had scenes that were so effective and hit me hard.

I'll be happy to get the Pyra and Mythra amiibo. I'm a fan of smaller collectables, plus, there's something about Pyra's face with the statuette that just looks off to me. I know I sound picky, but for the price they're asking for it I have to be picky.

Hooked my Wii U back up over the weekend, 2022 is going to be the year I finally finish one of these games.

I'm preparing myself for the inevitable XC2 replay when XC3 is announced - particularly if they (and XC) are going to be linked as has been suggested. It's a special game to me.

Yeah, it's not perfect, but it's still something I think about four years later.

It's funny how, a while back, September felt like the month. Speculation was gathering pace and it felt like the reveal was right around the corner and it... just didn't happen. I'm hoping January is the month.

I'll be happy to get the Pyra and Mythra amiibo. I'm a fan of smaller collectables, plus, there's something about Pyra's face with the statuette that just looks off to me. I know I sound picky, but for the price they're asking for it I have to be picky.

I'm with you 100%. I've spent plenty on XC2 already, but I've got to get the amiibo - it's my destiny!

Maybe with more powerful hardware, Monolith could make it so the cars and skells in N.L.A have collision... Being serious, I think they (or a studio like Tantalus who has experience porting Xenoblade games) could do a fine job bringing the game to Switch as is. The main thing I'd be interested in with a X port is how they could add content and improve the game (fixing the text size problem, making more intuitive tutorial screens, resolving some of the hanging plot-threads, etc). X had a lot of potential and I really respect how Monolith was willing to experiment while making it, but there are certainly some rough areas that could use polishing.
I'm pretty sure they don't have collision b cause it would be a nightmare with skells

I'm preparing myself for the inevitable XC2 replay when XC3 is announced - particularly if they (and XC) are going to be linked as has been suggested. It's a special game to me.

Yeah, it's not perfect, but it's still something I think about four years later.

It's funny how, a while back, September felt like the month. Speculation was gathering pace and it felt like the reveal was right around the corner and it... just didn't happen. I'm hoping January is the month.

I'm with you 100%. I've spent plenty on XC2 already, but I've got to get the amiibo - it's my destiny!

Yep, Xeno 3 not revealed in september broke my heart

Xeno2 made me cry twice:

Btw, Mythra ftw.

Did you play Torna before XC2?

Yep, Xeno 3 not revealed in september broke my heart

When I played XC2 in 2017, I had no idea I’d be heading into 2022 having not played or even heard of a follow-up!

Admittedly, Torna was a wonderful surprise. XC2 was well-supported too, via DLC. And Pyra and Mythra in Smash was a wonderful treat as a Xeno fanboy.

But bugger, I miss the feeling of exploring a new Monolith Soft world. It’s been a long time.

I play across all the major platforms and enjoy a wide variety of games, but no one quite taps into my soul like Monolith Soft.

I feel like a broken record saying all this, but I think the more you play, the more you really treasure those experiences that touch you.

I also love the passion of the fan base - the vast majority of people just love the studio and enjoy sharing their joy with others.

I started playing Genshin Impact earlier this year and while I’ve had a blast - people aren’t evangelists for miHoYo in the same way they are for Monolith Soft.

And there’s a lot of really good reasons for that.

I realise I‘m making the community sound like a cult - but I mean it in the best possible way! :p

So I managed to get a good deal on Xenoblade Definitive and 2 from GS, so I guess it's time I finally give this series a proper shot. Anything I need to know going in?

Play 1 first, for gameplay and story reasons. Enjoy every minute of it.

So I managed to get a good deal on Xenoblade Definitive and 2 from GS, so I guess it's time I finally give this series a proper shot. Anything I need to know going in?
XB games have a tendency to start slow. They're very careful about not throwing a bunch of battle system components at you all at once, and sometimes it makes the beginning feel like an auto-attack-fest. The battle systems get really deep eventually, so don't judge the gameplay based on the first impressions. The training wheels DO come off eventually.

Enjoy exploring, as MonolithSoft are some of the best in the business at crafting interesting environments. I forget if it's one of the games or both, but you actually get EXP by exploring and discovering places.

Be careful about character spoilers. A lot of the Xenoblade community have nicknames for certain spoilery things but not everyone knows to do that, and part of the fun of XB stories are the twists and turns. So don't be afraid to ask questions (sometimes the battle and crafting systems can get a little dense if you wanna drive deep) but make people aware that you're fresh and don't want spoilers in the answers.

Ummmm.. what else? The gacha progression-gating in XB2 sucks, we are all aware. Don't let it discourage you. Just don't dismiss any Blades for a while in case they have some stats you need to progress (that'll make sense eventually).

Aside from all that, just be aware that that's Dunban over there, hope you're really feeling it, and don't forget him! sorry guys

Is it sacrilege to play those games with the Japanese voices? I remember people being obsessed with the English ones.
I really enjoyed the Japanese voices, BUT the English dub of 1 is exceptional. And this is coming from a hardcore subs>dubs guy. But 2 had this unfortunate rush where they were localizing the game while it was still in production and not really finalized. Some of the voice cast have said they received no real direction and weren't given the chance to read the script and prepare, so they were sorta just reciting lines the best they could. They mostly had to figure the story out for themselves as they were fed lines, and so there's this weird phenomenon where the performances in the dub of 2 get better and better as the story progresses. So you'll find some hardcore defenders of the English dub, and definitely still some people who prefer the Japanese.

Also 2's dub in particular has this neat thing they did where the populace of each Titan has a different regional British accent. That doesn't come across in the Japanese version (what accent differences that are there don't come across to English-speakers, anyway), and is part of what people love about 2's dub, despite its flaws. Not often does a major international production like this give native Welsh and Scottish accents a place to shine (at least I'm pretty sure the actors used their native accents, and weren't imitating). But I, for one, am weird and the acting in the dub doesn't hit my ears right, so I play in Japanese. But I respect the hell out of the localization.

Wow, thank you for those incredibly in depth responses. I'll probably start with the JP and see how it goes.

Yeah, another thing to note with respect to XC2 is that its dub starts off quite rocky (The actors have said that they got only one take for a lot of scenes). It does however, in my opinion at least, get to the same highs that XC1 started at by the end.

Yeah, another thing to note with respect to XC2 is that its dub starts off quite rocky (The actors have said that they got only one take for a lot of scenes). It does however, in my opinion at least, get to the same highs that XC1 started at by the end.
Yeah, the Xenoblade 2 dub makes a really bad first impression, especially because Rex's voice actor just isn't as good at anime yells as Adam Howden, but it definitely improves as things go on. The really emotional scenes in the later chapters come across really well.

My friends are telling me to play XC2 on easy mode because the regular mode is actually hard. Is this crazy talk or are they right? Also does the same apply for XC1 Definitive?

My friends are telling me to play XC2 on easy mode because the regular mode is actually hard. Is this crazy talk or are they right? Also does the same apply for XC1 Definitive?
I didn't have trouble with either game in regular mode... But are you comfortable with JRPGs?

Your experience with difficulty in Xenoblade 1 is largely going to be a function of how many side quests you do.

As for Xenoblade 2, some of the story fights can be a bit hard, especially if you're not leveraging things like accessories, but overall I don't think it was especially hard outside of optional content. Pretty sure you can change the difficulty whatever, so you can just adjust things to your liking.

I think the perceived difficult of XC2 mainly comes from the bad tutorials that keep people from properly understanding the game's systems. XC2 is a lot harder if you don't know how pouch items or fusion combos work. If you properly understand the game's systems, which should be pretty easy given the amount of online resources (including us in this thread) that can help you out, XC2 is a pretty well-balanced experience. It isn't hard, but it isn't a cake-walk either.

I didn't have trouble with either game in regular mode... But are you comfortable with JRPGs?
Yeah I'm comfortable with them, so I will definitely try the games on the regular difficulty first.

Thanks to everyone else for your responses. I'll just try to make sure I understand the mechanics and just drop in here if I have questions. I don't want the game to be too easy.

Too much to play at the moment and I'm fighting the urge to return to XC2 and do a stream of Xenogears for my friends who haven't seen it.

Man, I can't even wait to see the reveal of Xenoblade 3. I constantly wonder how Monolith Soft is going to do things differently this time since Xeno 1, X, and 2 all feel pretty distinct from each other.

Xenoblade 3's setting probably won't be using the promotional art since 1 and 2 are interconnected with each other and I assume 3 will be as well. Also, Monolith Soft has used promotional art in the past and games haven't been created based on them. I could be wrong, but it would be cool if this is a separate IP of MS.

Oh yeah, we will most likely get to taste more ACE+, Minami Kiyota, and (hopefully) Yasunori Mitsuda tracks too. I can't contain my excitement!

This is just a wild thought, but what if they collaborate with Hiroyuki Sawano? Best OST ever?

Man, I can't even wait to see the reveal of Xenoblade 3. I constantly wonder how Monolith Soft is going to do things differently this time since Xeno 1, X, and 2 all feel pretty distinct from each other.

Xenoblade 3's setting probably won't be using the promotional art since 1 and 2 are interconnected with each other and I assume 3 will be as well. Also, Monolith Soft has used promotional art in the past and games haven't been created based on them. I could be wrong, but it would be cool if this is a separate IP of MS.

Oh yeah, we will most likely get to taste more ACE+, Minami Kiyota, and (hopefully) Yasunori Mitsuda tracks too. I can't contain my excitement!

This is just a wild thought, but what if they collaborate with Hiroyuki Sawano? Best OST ever?
I have nothing to add but I just wanted to mention how surprised and giddy I was for a split second because I got a notification that said ACE+ had posted in this thread. 🤣

I have nothing to add but I just wanted to mention how surprised and giddy I was for a split second because I got a notification that said ACE+ had posted in this thread. 🤣
Sorry I'm not the actual ones 😝

Would be amazing to be able to meet them though. I'm still dreaming of a Xenoblade concert similar to NieR's concerts.

Sorry I'm not the actual ones 😝

Would be amazing to be able to meet them though. I'm still dreaming of a Xenoblade concert similar to NieR's concerts.
Mitsuda put together his band Millennial Fair and has done concerts of Chrono and Xenogears OSTs, so I wouldn't put it past him to team up with ACE+ and do a XB concert as well.
Btw have you seen the concerts he did for Chrono Cross and Xenogears???

Back
Top Bottom