• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Xbox Series X and Game Pass going up in price in most countries in August

The Verge said:
Microsoft is increasing its Xbox Series X prices in most countries in August apart from the US, Japan, Chile, Brazil, and Colombia. The Xbox maker is also increasing the monthly prices of its Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscriptions for the first time next month, which will see the base Game Pass subscription for console move up to $10.99 a month from $9.99.

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and Game Pass for Console pricing will increase starting July 6th. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will move from $14.99 per month to $16.99 (€14.99 / £12.99). The base Xbox Game Pass for Console pricing will also move from $9.99 a month up to $10.99 (€10.99 / £8.99). Microsoft is not changing PC Game Pass pricing, though.

So $2/month for ultimate.

Glad I just got myself two years worth of of Game Pass Ultimate with one simple trick a couple of weeks ago, so I am set for the foreseeable future.

I imagine the recently announced 1TB series S will be better stocked than the 512GB amounting to a stealth price increase there too.

As long as they don't nerf the rewards program again I don't care. You can easily get enough points to get gamepass for free as it is.

Yeah I expected the increase to Game Pass was coming. It's inevitable. Thank god I got 3 years worth banked.

The increase in price for their hardware certainly won't help them sell the very same in these countries, given they're in last place already in most/all of them. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom