• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Predictions Will There Be A September Direct?

will there be a September direct

• Total voters
I'm hoping we won't but either is possible yes. If depends on launch date imo. If it's March, I expect some official info this year, if it's later then not. Speculating...
I think, even if it releases in March, they don't do a trailer for it until the second week in January.

Do we all believe there's a chance that the successor could be revealed in a September Direct? I know they've never done substantial hardware like that before in a Direct but, especially if this Direct would be rehashing much of what was revealed in the June Direct, I don't think it would really overshadow what is shown in the Direct (outside of third party games, which I'm sure is a consideration they are taking into account). I'm really just stuck in the middle because I do feel like this reveal does need to be a little more grander due to the need to also talk about it's launch title but I also can't see them doing a Mini/Partner and then a couple weeks later having a new console be revealed?
I think the September Direct will be exactly what everyone expected this Direct to be. It will have 1-2 "new" game reveals, as well as a few shadowdrops of GameCube-era remasters, and maybe a 3DS remaster. (I think a Samus Returns remaster is coming to Switch, at some point, too, but I'm stuck between thinking Luigi's Mansion 1 gets announced and released in October, or will that be their Switch October game during Switch 2's first holiday?)

For the doubters, let it be known the last time Nintendo skipped a September Direct was 2015. And that was highly likely due to Iwata’s passing a couple months prior.

Otherwise it’s been like clockwork and more reliable than the summer show. A Direct happens within two weeks on either side of Tokyo Game Show. Usually 3-7 days before the show.

I'm on ethr position that there won't be a Direct, but the reveal of the successor in September, especially if the successor is out in March.

That's why I put a partner or mini, if there is anything other than the reveal.

For the doubters, let it be known the last time Nintendo skipped a September Direct was 2015. And that was highly likely due to Iwata’s passing a couple months prior.

Otherwise it’s been like clockwork and more reliable than the summer show. A Direct happens within two weeks on either side of Tokyo Game Show. Usually 3-7 days before the show.

That’s a good point, and normally I’d feel like it would be guaranteed too, but we have an impending new console reveal, something that doesn’t happen often. If they feel like they’ve announced enough titles for Switch for now and want all the focus on Switch 2 around September, we might get an exception to the rule. Honestly, still having a General just with minimal new reveals beyond ports still makes sense though.

If I could, I would change my vote to Yes.

I now have a feeling Switch 2 will probably get officially announced in early 2025 for a H2 2025 release.

Back
Top Bottom