• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Predictions Will the Switch 2 be a "bust" to Nintendo Switch's "boom"? [READ OP BEFORE VOTING]

Will the Switch successor be a "bust" to Switch's "boom"? [READ OP BEFORE VOTING]

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Maybe I overestimate the conveniency of the all in one handheld devices but it seems like I definitely overestimated the popularity, if I compare the sales indeed these handheld devices are still a niche, I inflated them in my mind because I see them popping up everywhere on all kind of outlets lately, but in the end the adopters are the hardcore crowd and not the masses... 'yet'

Maybe that'll change in the future but for now it seems that the casual crowd favors Nintendo as their go-to handheld hybrid experience. I hope that the power of the Switch branding alone (if they'll continue using it) will translate to a smooth next generation.

I expect the Switch 2 to sell well, but I think Switch levels of sales are very unlikely. I think "bust" is a strong word, in the same way I think it's a strong word for the SNES (and just outright wrong for the GBA which should only be described as a huge success given the timeframe that was actually on the market compared to the Game Boy)

No I don’t think so. Nintendo is more relevant cultural than ever at the moment, everything is selling like crazy. I think they’re well placed to keep and even build on the Switch’s momentum unless they do something really fucking stupid like call the successor the Switch U and make it US$600.

GB to GBA being a bust is a bit of a misrepresentation too - GB includes GBC and it was on the market for 12 years as the main handheld, compared to the GBA’s 3. If the DS has been held back till 2006 I have no doubts that GBA would have topped GB.

Back
Top Bottom