• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Will Persona 3 Reload be announced for Switch at this Direct?

Will P3 Reloaded be announced for the Switch at this Direct?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am generally pessimistic, so I will go with no. Its why I don't have to worry about wearing Hollow Knight clown makeup since I always expect nothing to happen. But it does feel good when I end up being wrong.

I said this when it was first announced, I just don't see Atlus putting in the work to down porting a 2024 game for Switch when Nintendos next system SHOULD BE releasing around the same time.

P3P is really good, if y’all need a P3 to play on Switch. Guess I’ll get P3R on Steam Deck, but I’ll keep going back to P3P for FeMC alone.

People expecting this for Drake better hope Sega takes an interest because Atlus sure ain’t doin it. With the rumoured SMT:Complete coming to other systems, with no Switch, it’s safe to assume Atlus isn’t interested in developing for Nintendo devices.
Stop with the doom and gloom, Atlus just released a Switch console exclusive 20 days ago. P3R will likely be on the Switch 2, and even if it's not it doesn't mean than Atlus just decided to stop making games for the Switch. They're not idiots.

Stop with the doom and gloom, Atlus just released a Switch console exclusive 20 days ago. P3R will likely be on the Switch 2, and even if it's not it doesn't mean than Atlus just decided to stop making games for the Switch. They're not idiots.
Considering SH2 now P3R I would say they absolutely are. Yes they are not gonna stop developing for Nintendo but don’t get you hopes high for anything that isn’t in the same tier as P5T.

Well, yeah, Switch 2 is our best and only hope. But early on in its life or a very late port is the question.

I think this the second biggest disappointment for me in this direct. I fell in love with Persona 5 when it came to switch and was excited to give 3 a chance with the remake, but can't now. Lol

Sucks but what are you gonna do?

Oh well, can't win them all. I'll wait for a Switch 2 version to materialize, play it on PC, or just play other games instead.

Its better this way. There's no way they won't do a definitive edition with fes and portable content max in 2 years. I'll get it then for switch 2.

“Out on all major systems!”

People expecting this for Drake better hope Sega takes an interest because Atlus sure ain’t doin it. With the rumoured SMT:Complete coming to other systems, with no Switch, it’s safe to assume Atlus isn’t interested in developing for Nintendo devices.
Considering SH2 now P3R I would say they absolutely are. Yes they are not gonna stop developing for Nintendo but don’t get you hopes high for anything that isn’t in the same tier as P5T.
There is less than 0 reason to think this, but nothing I or anyone else says will get through to you if your thinking is set along these lines

Nah, Switch 2 isn't going to change anything. This was a choice, Atlus didn't want to put P3R/Metaphor on Switch. These are not graphical intense games. They don't have limited resources when Sega owns them and pushes multiplatform.

The only way to change is if Nintendo pays Sega/Atlus which they won't do.

PlayStation/PC will eventually get everything from Atlus.

I don't see why Atlus' reaction to SH2, a game that isn't on the Switch, bombing hard would be "let's not put other big games on the Switch". The market for this type of games is on PC and Switch. We know it, Atlus knows it better than us. Let's wait and see.

In the long run, it's Atlus loosing out on a large potential consumer base if they keep doing business like that. AA developers (Japanese ones in particular) simply have to face the reality that Switch and/or PC are their main target platforms (or should be). Even Falcom have realised as much. Eventually the way the industry develops will force their hand one way or the other. Well, I guess Sega at some point will force them in a certain direction anyways.

In the long run, it's Atlus loosing out on a large potential consumer base if they keep doing business like that. AA developers (Japanese ones in particular) simply have to face the reality that Switch and/or PC are their main target platforms (or should be). Even Falcom have realised as much. Eventually the way the industry develops will force their hand one way or the other. Well, I guess Sega at some point will force them in a certain direction anyways.
My assumption is they will wait on Switch 2 for their games which would require more than the bare minimum to put on Switch, but hey, maybe they just don't want to support Nintendo anymore and all the doomsaying is right

Who knows

I don't see why Atlus' reaction to SH2, a game that isn't on the Switch, bombing hard would be "let's not put other big games on the Switch". The market for this type of games is on PC and Switch. We know it, Atlus knows it better than us. Let's wait and see.
The bombing isn’t a reaction since they gave up long before the game came out. But, if they know where the audience is then they made exceedingly poor choices with SH2. Similarly I think they are missing out by not trying to get P3R on Switch when it started dev in late 2019. Instead we are hoping Sega takes an interest for Switch 2. But, hey if they wanna miss out on sales that’s their prerogative. Not like this isn’t the first time 3rd parties have acted erratically when it comes to Nintendo devices¯\(ツ)

Well it's been decided for me - while I bought SMTV, Nocturne and P5R on Switch day 1, moving forward Atlus will not be seeing my money at all (same thing I already do with Bandai Namco and EA). And a late port won't change that. Don't get me wrong, I am not angry at all, it's just that given the abundance of games available on Switch (+my backlog of great games), I like to put my money where my mouth is, which is supporting developers that make games I like and actually bother putting them whenever possible on my platform of choice.

The immediate "casualties" will be Etrian Odyssey III (which I was going to buy as soon as I finished ToTK) and P5T.

My assumption is they will wait on Switch 2 for their games which would require more than the bare minimum to put on Switch, but hey, maybe they just don't want to support Nintendo anymore and all the doomsaying is right

Who knows
Yeah, they might just do that. I'd argue that it's the wrong approach even in this case (as new hardware from Nintendo is on the horizon), but they're obviously free to do it just like that if they think it's the right approach.

Falcom has been porting a bunch of old games (Ys Oath, Tokyo Xanadu, Trails) not only cause there is a big install base, but they also wanted to cultivate the fanbase. Ys X is day-one, Kuro 1&2 will get ports soon (Kondo has mentioned the possibility).

They might need it more than Atlus, but how can a smaller company release a new game day-one while a Sega-own subsidiary cant get enough resources to do a switch version is hilarious to me.

Since people keep moving goalposts, had to update the image

hAwOk1G.jpg

While they will obviously still release some games for the Switch (or its successor), they are definitely "idiots" lol. And if they know the market for these types of games is PC and Switch, they'd be releasing all their games day and date on Switch, which they aren't so... Unless the argument is that they know, but some irrational biases from leadership are stopping them

Huffing more hopium.
The direct focuses on 2023 releases and P3R is intended for a 2024 release. So.... maybe Sep Direct?

Huffing more hopium.
The direct focuses on 2023 releases and P3R is intended for a 2024 release. So.... maybe Sep Direct?
Nah, it's over unfortunately.

Atlus has sent a clear message, Switch will not get new games that are developed internally. Games/spin offs developed by different studios will 100% come to Switch.

This isn't a budget issue, it's a choice Atlus made.

This reminds of Bandai Namco, they refuse to bring most of their games to Switch for unknown reasons except smaller games and spin offs.

Once again, Switch 2 will not change anything, it's their stubborn mentality that's preventing the games coming over.

It's a miracle that we somehow got P3-5 on Switch.

Nah, it's over unfortunately.

Atlus has sent a clear message, Switch will not get new games that are developed internally. Games/spin offs developed by different studios will 100% come to Switch.

This isn't a budget issue, it's a choice Atlus made.

This reminds of Bandai Namco, they refuse to bring most of their games to Switch for unknown reasons except smaller games and spin offs.

Once again, Switch 2 will not change anything, it's their stubborn mentality that's preventing the games coming over.

It's a miracle that we somehow got P3-5 on Switch.
Not a miracle, the ports weren't done by Atlus internally, they were done by Sega.

Right now, in some japanese office, some intern has just realised they forgot to press the send button in that email that was supposed to send to Nintendo last week.

I've been holding off starting the copy pf P3P I bought on the Switch for this remake, so at this point I'm just gonna call it and play P3P and forget that Reload exists. I've got a pc and series s but I simply don't see myself playing a game like this on a stationary system.

It is what it is, but Atlus has saved me some money. I do plan on getting Tactica, that looks like fun, had a good showing in the direct.

that direct was so good that it made me forget that atlus is still the whole circus. seriously someone ask them why they are skipping the switch. we might get a funny excuse at the very least on par with the switch not being underground enough.

I haven’t watched the Direct yet. I guess Atlus being stupid and commiting to their fake next-gen games is loud and clear. Looks like last year’s ports were actually by Sega so it makes sense that Atlus’ latest games that look worse than P5 aren’t coming to Switch.

Yes, I say they are fake next-gen games because they do not look impressive. You would think that the Japanese company that never made cutting edge games, that carved their niche by supporting popular systems after their successors came out would be all over the Switch. Turns out they need Nintendo to pay them to even bother, otherwise it’s all about making games on everything but Nintendo to blow up in the West or something. A Switch 2 wouldn’t help, actually they probably have zero perspective on how powerful the Switch is, it wouldn’t surprise me if they were like “we need the powerful home consoles, Switch is portable so it would hold the game back like the PSP did for P3P” when it fact, they could have had made major bank on the 3DS if they had ported a definitive edition of P3, as well as P4G there (yes, it runs those no problem, they are PS2 games and far from the most impressive ones)

Anyway last year’s announcement was good enough, I finally got to play P4G and I still have to play P5R. Between Switch, 3DS and even PS3 I have enough games where you start with Pixie, get Jack Frost at level 10-20 and finish with Lucifer for a lifetime

Everyone boycott P5T on Switch!
Haha can't boycott what you weren't planning on getting to begin with

I said this when it was first announced, I just don't see Atlus putting in the work to down porting a 2024 game for Switch when Nintendos next system SHOULD BE releasing around the same time.
If the game wasn't also on PS4/XB1, I could understand that

This is a list of all the games published by Atlus that were released during the Switch lifespan – in bold, the titles that were released on a Nintendo system:

• Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology
  • Etrian Mystery Dungeon 2
  • SMT: Strange Journey Redux
  • Dragon’s Crown Pro
  • Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight
  • Persona 4: Dancing in Starlight
  • Etrian Odyssey Nexus
  • Persona Q2
  • Catherine: Full Body
  • Persona 5 Royal
  • 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
  • Persona 5 Strikers
  • SMT III: Nocturne HD Rematered
  • SMT V
  • Soul Hackers 2
  • Persona 5 Tactica

Yes, Atlus was late to jump on the Switch bandwagon, and yes maybe they were «forced» to do so by SEGA, but still, we shouldn’t act like they don’t wanna put their games on Switch just because of the Soul Hackers 2 situation (which was a game made on Unity, on a quite tight budget as far as we know, and that wasn’t really optimized even on the most powerful systems).

We should also remember that a Switch successor could be released early 2024 and, because of that situation, a lot of companies don’t announce Switch games for next year. Even Nintendo during the Direct seemed to be very vague when it came to titles releasing in 2024.

We should also remember that a Switch successor could be released early 2024 and, because of that situation, a lot of companies don’t announce Switch games for next year. Even Nintendo during the Direct seemed to be very vague when it came to titles releasing in 2024.
that excuse would fly if they weren't putting the game on the xbox one

Haha can't boycott what you weren't planning on getting to begin with

If the game wasn't also on PS4/XB1, I could understand that
Porting a game to Switch is a whole different ball game than porting to PS4 and Xbox One. Also, I'm not saying it's okay to skip Switch, but if I was Atlus and I was releasing a game around the time Nintendos new hardware should be in the aether, I wouldn't waste my time downporting to Switch when I can just put it in a more powerful successor.

At this rate, if games like this are missing Switch, I put more of the blame on Nintendo waiting too long to get a successor out the door than I do blame these third parties for not supporting Switch with 2024 releases.

Back
Top Bottom