• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Why do people want to play Zelda so badly?

D

Deleted member 2

I have not played Tears of the Kingdom and this post has zero spoilers.

Why do people want to play Zelda so badly?
I'd really like to know, because this is something that has never occurred to me, nor is it something I really desire after hearing about the game.

To be frank, I play games for a certain gameplay style - webslinging, lightsabers, magic powers, etc. - that I feel like wouldn't really require playing a Zelda game in order to have.

aybe playing Zelda could be the only way for me to use Sheikah slate abilities and, in the case of TotK, arm abilities? But that would essentially just be playing hundreds of hours of games I've never played for the sake of playing a Zelda game.

So maybe I'm not as imaginative as some of you, but what could playing Zelda bring to the table in terms of enjoyable gameplay? I'd like to hear some ideas.

I think it's the Nintendo charm, polish, and, while I agree that there are many features that many other games have done before, it's the sum of its parts and how everything comes together that makes it unique. Many of the things individually have been done before, but when all combined into one package, it creates something beautiful

Breath of the Wild is one of the best games of all time in a series I have enjoyed playing since I was a child. So of course I am beyond hyped for its sequel.

Breath of the Wild is one of the best games of all time in a series I have enjoyed playing since I was a child. So of course I am beyond hyped for its sequel.
But why do you enjoy it? Why is it one of the best games of all time? Wrong answers only.

Nintendo has left us as thirsty as dehydrated Ganondorf and then years later decided to leave a beautiful massive picture of pristine clean water waiting for us. JUST WAITING FOR US!!!

WE MUST DRINK!!!

It's Nintendo's premiere fantasy adventure series, and one that currently is only getting new releases every five years or so. These games are treated as an event the same way major movie franchises are.

Zelda always gives me a feeling of going on a grand adventure with loads of locations to explore, characters to meet and enemies to slay. It gives me a lord of the rings type experience in video game format. The thing is the games are so well polished and executed you truly do feel like you’re on an adventure. The level of interactivity is insanely well done in most of the series. Everything just makes sense in its own little world. So I play them for adventure if I had to give a name to it.

I feel smart when I hear that sound when you solve a puzzle in a children's videogame.

I just keep hearing it's a mediocre series at best, and need to see with my own eyes how mediocre it is.

Theming plays a big role in it.

Game could be the best game ever made but if I don’t like the theming I wont play it.

Theming, setting, story etc.

You know, you're right. Zelda really did get played. She spent all those years being gaslit into thinking she's a disappointment for not tapping into her powers, when its not like it was her fault that her mother wasn't around to teach her. Then she does just about everything right and saves and rebuilds the world, but seemingly isn't able to stick around to enjoy it because Nintendo needed a sequel.

And the cycle won't stop since y'all keep talking about how bad you want to play Zelda instead of asking if she can just enjoy some dang peace. Smh.

b/c it's the only way to be sure i dont accidentally play as zelda

You know, you're right. Zelda really did get played. She spent all those years being gaslit into thinking she's a disappointment for not tapping into her powers, when its not like it was her fault that her mother wasn't around to teach her. Then she does just about everything right and saves and rebuilds the world, but seemingly isn't able to stick around to enjoy it because Nintendo needed a sequel.
You know, you're right. Zelda really did get played.

Damn.... smh my damn head.

because i wouldn't be caught dead playing Belda, a game that nobody cares about.

Because she's the titular character and it would be a huge shakeup for a series know for huge shakeups and it'd be cool to play as a woman and it'd be cool to play as more of a mage than a swordsman.

Because she's the titular character and it would be a huge shakeup for a series know for huge shakeups and it'd be cool to play as a woman and it'd be cool to play as more of a mage than a swordsman.
good point

I'd really like to know, because this is something that has never occurred to me, nor is it something I really desire after hearing about the game.

To be frank, I play games for a certain gameplay style - webslinging, lightsabers, magic powers, etc. - that I feel like wouldn't really require playing a Zelda game in order to have.

aybe playing Zelda could be the only way for me to use Sheikah slate abilities and, in the case of TotK, arm abilities? But that would essentially just be playing hundreds of hours of games I've never played for the sake of playing a Zelda game.

So maybe I'm not as imaginative as some of you, but what could playing Zelda bring to the table in terms of enjoyable gameplay? I'd like to hear some ideas.
It's a blend of wonder, adventure, narrative, art, a fun sandbox you can do tons of things in, puzzle solving, etc. It's the kind of adventure you would fantasize about as a kid when you'd go outside to play in the woods or your backyard. It's escapism.

Nostalgia plays a factor with most Nintendo IP as well.

Name another franchise that has Tingle in it.

Tbh if they just renamed the franchise to "The Legend of Tingle" it would sell a trillion more copies. Nintendo, if you're reading this, just trust me on this one.

For many years most people didn't want to play Zelda, and then BotW came out during the era of ass where Nintendo made sure to emphasis the booty in their marketing see making Bayonetta 2 and Twintelle in Arms. Once people saw Zelda with booty they knew destiny had called them home.

I just wanna role play as a twink… Err umm I mean very masculine things like stabbing something with a sword

As I'm 42y old, and played already all kind of games in 1986. I get bored with a lot of games with a few exceptions. I also play around in unity to create own games what I like to do also. That freedom.

Nintendo always as long as I played their games did find new ways to make those games fresh and interesting.
Totk does that and gives me freedom.

This is why, at least for me.

Can’t tell if this is looking for genuine answers, but I’ll give a genuine one.

I was actually falling off of Zelda games when Skyward Sword dropped. I was starting to feel like other companies were taking similar appealing aspects of old Zelda design and just doing them in a more satisfying way. Zelda stopped brining much to the table for me other than nostalgia.

Now though? The team has elevated the type of game they’re making so damn much that its untouchable. It doesn’t need to be Zelda, but it does need to be Nintendo’s new team at the helm. Go ahead let Monolithsoft’s directors take on the scenario writing, but with the full support of Zelda team’s creatives - could be an absolute trip of a sci-fi game.

Last edited:

y do ppl like orgasums so much?

Think it stems from 2010s feminism video games discussion and the false rumor of playable Zelda prior to BOTW leading people on.

I think it'd be cool, especially as a dedicated game like the CDI spinoff, but it's not some franchise necessity as the story has always been an afterthought

Back
Top Bottom