• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Who's got a good recipe for cold weather, preferably in a crock pot?

SeaBusCBus

Marth/Fox is 60/40
I've been making a mean chilly, but it's supposed to get cold here in Ohio for the next few days and I'm looking for some of you favorite crock pot cold weather recipes :)

You can get sambar packets to make sambar at most grocery stores, there are lots of different ways to make it. Not super filling but it warms the soul.

Potato Soup:

Fill the crockpot up with like 5-6 cups of potatoes, 1 diced onion, 1 clove of minced garlic, Then fill the crockpot up with either water, or a Broth of your choice. Use a heaping amount of salt and pepper.

Cook for 5 hours on high or 8 on low.

Use an immersion blender, and blend it all together, add 1/4 cup Butter, then add 1 cup milk or heavy cream. Add additional salt and pepper. Top with sour cream, bacon, green onions, and cheese. It's very delicious.

might be some in our cooking thread β€” or at least some good tips!

Irish Stew is great this time of the year especially.
I second this and have absolutely no applicable biases that could influence this support.

As for my contribution, if you like chilli, why not try curries? There's TONNES of different curries you can make in a crock pot. πŸ˜‹

Back
Top Bottom