• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion When are you planning to open the Switch 2 box for that new tech smell?

When are you planning to get Switch 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
first i will see the console review people opinions on it to see,if theres no major flaw/deflect on it, and then i will buy it,
You can use the "Waiting for initial impressions first, getting Switch 2 ASAP if impressions are good" poll choice, it seems to fit that.

Does it have backwards compatibility? If yes, I'll make an effort to get it on launch day. If no, I'll wait a year or so.
Ah yes, I think I missed that as a poll choice.

I've added "Conditionally (other than first impression - ie: only if it has backward compatibility, or has OLED)" (feel free to switch your vote over, I set this poll to allow changing of votes)

Smelling new tech cardboard boxes is overrated! Have you ever smell a Master System or Genesis plastic case in 2024?! Especially the ones you know were from renting stores back in the day! 🤤 Sorry that's a bit weird...

I have no money right now for such an investment and I can't plan ahead that much; But Nintendo systems are always a guarantee purchase for me, since it's where my favorite franchises will keep on going, after all.

I suspect I may end getting the Switch 2 after a year or so, especially after the system gets a good handful of exclusives to warrant the money drop. If the Switch 1 keeps getting cross-gen titles though, I'll delay the purchase more and more!
Sounds like a plan! Just wanted to make sure you know there's also "Getting Switch 2 but at undetermined date (ie: you want to finish college first, or you need $$$)" poll choice if you think that fits your scenario - and also I set this poll to allow for vote switching at any time.

You can use the "Waiting for initial impressions first, getting Switch 2 ASAP if impressions are good" poll choice, it seems to fit that.
Nintendo switch sucessor on where i live(Brazil) will problaby be priced at $730, so i must be certain there no major flaws, before i decide to buy this console, i already saving some money, ounce the console launch in Brazil(where i live), so this intial impressions, would be essencial if i can buy the console day or i will have to wait a few more months, in fact i bought my Nintendo Switch in 2019, so if Switch sucessor dont have any of major design flaw, have a good battery life(around 6/9h) and have games(3D Mario, MP4) i will buy it

Really gonna come down to the exclusive games if I’m being honest. Just feeling uninterested in the general premise of “it’s a Switch but bigger and more powerful”; the games I enjoy look perfectly fine on the current Switch, and I’m kind of concerned about the lack of OLED and the system being less comfortable in handheld mode with that chunky 8” screen.

…That said, my impulse control is shit when it comes to Nintendo games so if they have an amazing looking first-party title that isn’t cross-gen at or near launch then I’ll almost certainly cave and try to get one ASAP. 🙃

My wife is an absolute genius at finding scarce Nintendo products (She got me Switch, NES Mini, and SNES Mini all day one) so I'm just gonna put it in her hands and hope for the best

I'll get it when it has an exclusive I have to play. Which will probably be day 1 but not necessarily

I will get it day one if I can afford it. I know I couldn’t afford the Switch day one and ended up getting Breath of the Wild for Wii U instead. Funny enough the Wii U is the only console I’ve ever bought on release day.

Funny enough the Wii U is the only console I’ve ever bought on release day.
For me it was the Dreamcast. 9/9/99 baybeeee :cool:

Actually come to think of it, I might deliberately hold off on a Switch 2 for a little bit so I can continue saying the DC is the only console I ever bought at launch. 👀

I haven't decided yet. I'm sure I'll get it, but I've been thinking lately about becoming more of a patient gamer and waiting for a refresh or different colors/bundles to come out, while catching up on Switch 1 games in the meantime.

That being said, if it's fully backwards compatible, I can always sell my Switch 1 and in that case it'll be an easier sell to get one in the launch window.

I haven't decided yet. I'm sure I'll get it, but I've been thinking lately about becoming more of a patient gamer and waiting for a refresh or different colors/bundles to come out, while catching up on Switch 1 games in the meantime.

That being said, if it's fully backwards compatible, I can always sell my Switch 1 and in that case it'll be an easier sell to get one in the launch window.
I really hope they use the same carts and most of my Switch collection is physical

My normal thing is to buy something, then open it like a month later. For example, I bought a Series X during Black Friday and that thing is still sealed right now. So Switch 2... I'm day 1, but that new smell is staying locked in.

Why do I do this? I've been asking myself that question for a looong time 🤣

I will be getting the Switch 2 (if they actually name it that) depending if they make games I want for it. I tend to be slower to video game purchases than I used to be.

I just wanted to share this and pardon the shitty color filter. i had it turned on in my phone camera at the time and didn't notice.

Mar 4, 2017 , my unboxing of the Switch.

Back
Top Bottom