• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion What's your favorite movie

My favorite movies are Kung Fu Panda 1 and 2 and no I will not apologize for it

The art, story, music, choreography, action, everything about them just beautiful. So quotable too

Wolfwalkers.png

I highly recommend Wolfwalkers. It might look dorky but this movie completely caught me off guard. I can't remember the last time I've been so on the edge of my seat watching something, I was completely enthralled. I honestly think its a masterpiece and I don't use the term lightly! 😊
If you liked Wolfwalkers definitely check out their other stuff too. I especially loved Song of the Sea

For anyone into Studio Ghibli and with access to NHK World's on-demand shows, there's a multi-part documentary on there called '10 Years with Hayao Miyazaki' (or something like that). I watched the first part the other day, which is about the making of Ponyo. I found it great because Miyazaki is such a unique character, as you'd probably expect.

I can't choose

Favourites are;

• Se7en (Top notch performances all around and yeah John Doe is shit, but good lord was it chilling)
  • Alien (One of the best movies ever made. That tension!)
  • La Vita e Bella (Ending still makes me cry. Best dad ever)
  • The Thing (Come on, do I really have to tell why?)
  • Jurassic Park (Fuck it dinosaurs are cool)
  • Dawn of the Dead '78 (The definitive zombie movie)
  • The Big Lebowski (That's, like, your opinion man)
  • Ghostbusters (Who ya gonna' call?)
  • Blade Runner (Like tears in the rain)

Damn all of you watch absolute bangers, it's not even worth quoting people, there's too many!

Jaws is my favorite film, but on any given day I'd give it to Hard to be a God, The Killer and Hard Boiled, Romero's first three of the Dead Trilogy, Godzilla (original Gojira or its US cut) Come and See, Friday the 13th Parts 1,2, and 4, The Evil Dead, Videodrome, Paris is Burning, Silence of the Lambs, Blade Runner, Alien, The Thing, The Third Man, Suspiria (either one), The Shining, etc etc etc

Damn all of you watch absolute bangers, it's not even worth quoting people, there's too many!

Jaws is my favorite film, but on any given day I'd give it to Hard to be a God, The Killer and Hard Boiled, Romero's first three of the Dead Trilogy, Godzilla (Gojira or King of Monsters) Come and See, The Evil Dead, Videodrome, Paris is Burning, Blade Runner, Alien, The Thing, The Third Man, Suspiria (either one), The Shining, etc etc etc
Good taste. Hard Boiled is probably the best action films ever made, Suspiria is a all timer, and Paris is Burning might be my favorite first time watch of 2022.
Godzilla is one of maybe 20 films thats in contention for my favorite.

Good taste. Hard Boiled is probably the best action films ever made, Suspiria is a all timer, and Paris is Burning might be my favorite first time watch of 2022.
Godzilla is one of maybe 20 films thats in contention for my favorite.
Game recognizes game! I'd still say The Killer is better than Hard Boiled due to plot, but the action in Hard Boiled is better due to audacity.

I go back and forth on this one a lot. Basically I have a Top 5 that stands above the rest.

• Rocky 1
  • Star Wars
  • Lord of the Rings
  • Remember the Titans
  • Ocean's Eleven

Probably The Big Lebowski or What We Do in the Shadows. I saw The Truman Show for the first time recently and loved it too.

Back
Top Bottom