• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin' This Weekend, Fam? |4/12-4/14|

I've gotta disagree with the notion that getting sent back to the last shelter is the only penalty for dying! there is definitely Something Else that happens each time you die . . .
Oh trust me, I know how it feels to be losing all your levels, but IMO it's a bit of a trick on the developer end to make things feel more impactful than they are. Most of the gates you NEED to get through in tougher areas are min level, and the higher level ones tend to be in places where you can rather safely gather up what you need. I'd argue the game is actually quite nice and player friendly in this regard. So I think the sooner the player decides to start ignoring this mechanic the better, and then just start raising it once they find a gate they want to cross and have already mastered the area they are in. I do love the tension of needing to track things down and hang onto it once you decide it's time to start raising, and yeah those deaths are the ones that hit the hardest.

Nearing the end of FFXVI which I've been slowly chipping away at over the last two weeks. Not sure I'm actually gonna have time to finish it this weekend but I wanna be done before we go on holidays.
Thought I had reached the end but

the game decided to throw in a few sidequests before the real final boss fight.

I'm almost done, fami.

My weekend report - it was good! Great even! I continued chipping away Love Live School Idol Festival 2 and had a good time there. A new event, I’m guessing the last, is starting today so that’ll be fun. Mostly though I just played a ton of Dragon’s Dogma II and it’s super fun. Exploring the world is tremendous and combat remains exciting, snappy, and wild thoroughout. I’m definitely not doing everything as some quests will remain unfinished, but I’m otherwise poking around every last corner of the world before I wrap it up. It’s possible I might be done with it before next weekend rolls around, but I’m in no rush.

I played lots and lots over the weekend. Lots and lots for me, anyway.

I clocked nearly ten hours of Rebirth, and made it to Costa Del Sol. Absolutely loving the game. I don’t see how it doesn’t end up as my GOTY.

I didn’t play much Theatrhythm, but I did clear another title. I still have dozens of titles to go. There’s so much content in this game, it’s ridiculous.

When I went to play Theatrhythm last night, my Switch was dead. So I picked up the Deck and finally started Spongebob Squarepants The Cosmic Shake. First impressions are strong! They got all the voice actors from the show, and visually it’s gorgeous on the Deck’s OLED screen. Excited to play more.

Can’t wait for next weekend!

After finishing Dead Cells Return to Castlevania I started Dishonored on Steam Deck, forgot how much fun this game is! Looks and runs perfectly on the Steam Deck also, fantastic game, looking forward to getting some significant time with it next weekend.

14012BC56F9EAFF4D83A3A4D3565B946BE594131

The art direction in this game is gorgeous

....hrm. Umurangi Generation is on sale for $2.50 with the DLC, so I got sucked into game photography over the weekend instead of backlog clearing like I'd planned. Yay me.

(My poor self control!)

I started my playthrough of Unicorn Overlord and i like just about everything about it so far except the time limit.

Weekend is over but i forgot to reply earlier. Oh well 😛

Back
Top Bottom