• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin' This Weekend, Fam? |3/17-3/19|

Red Monster

Mr. Noodle
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
480cc50c6d80bbf74464e6154e485d2f6f9318d8r1-371-209_hq.gif

HAPPY FRIDAY, FAMI!
It's that time again - time to tell us what games you're gonna play this weekend!

-------------------------------------------------
acd41394d6e4b86e7631c1d7f30d0e84.gif

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade (PS5)

I'm so happy to finally be playing this game. Three hours in, and the shine hasn't worn off for me yet. Sure, the camera is kinda iffy. And sure, playing as any character except Cloud might not be as fun, but I don't even care. I guess I'm a sucker for good graphics, and jeezalou does this game look pretty.

tumblr_o1b6xcpVCi1qd4q8ao1_500.gif

Sonic Spinball (NSO)

For some reason I got a desire to play this game today. I've never played Sonic Spinball before, but HLTB says it's not a super long game. I'll play this when I need a break from FF7R this weekend. Plus I'm sure it'll look nice on the OLED.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Take it away, folks! I hope everyone has a great weekend. Happy gaming!​

Seeing my girlfriend this weekend, and I fully expect it'll be time spent playing It Takes Two and/or Overcooked haha. Although, I've recently had an itch for New Pokemon Snap, so maybe I can convince her to join me in taking turns on the courses while we pass the controller back and forth haha

I need to avoid the big and more involved AAA games this weekend and play some more smaller games as a break from trying some new recipes.

Switch - > Ib, Unreal Life.

Steam Deck - > Dead Cells Castlevania DLC, PowerWash Simulator

Xbox - > Helping a friend in Wo Long

PS5 - > Tetris Effect and Valkyrie Profile Lenneth.

iPhone - > Pocket Card Jockey, 20 Mins Till Dawn.

Octopath Traveler II rages on. Nearly done everyone’s Chapter 3 (and one Chapter 2 that is higher level than the 3s!). This game is a real deal all-timer JRPG.

Also continuing with Vampire Survivors, a game I thought was pretty good on console last fall but is amazing on a phone. Cheers to @Yamanoi for mentioning this last week. DLC hit this version Tuesday, so I’ll be continuing to dig into that.

Finally, I loaded up my Series S with a bunch of backward compatible stuff! First up: Asura’s Wrath.

Octopath Traveler II rages on. Nearly done everyone’s Chapter 3 (and one Chapter 2 that is higher level than the 3s!). This game is a real deal all-timer JRPG.

Also continuing with Vampire Survivors, a game I thought was pretty good on console last fall but is amazing on a phone. Cheers to @Yamanoi for mentioning this last week. DLC hit this version Tuesday, so I’ll be continuing to dig into that.

Finally, I loaded up my Series S with a bunch of backward compatible stuff! First up: Asura’s Wrath.

dannydevitolimoncello.jpg

Digging into my fresh new Expansion Pass (Pack? Pak?) subscription, starting with Metroid Fusion. Maybe try out Paper Mario next.

I also have my half-finished Super Mario Sunshine file, and my half-finished Final Fantasy XV file, and my half-finished Twilight Princess file...

Going through Paranormasight in short burst in the morning. Octopath post-game is on pause while I tackle a little of Azure. A game I want to play a lot but I dont want to go through too fast lol.

My brother is staying with us for a few weeks, which changes a few things! I have some hopes to get to:

Fall Guys (Series X / NS) - My younger brother and I like to trade off with this game. It turns out this is still a great spectator sport! I might try and update the Switch version so we can actually play simultaneously, though the last time I did that Epic had done some fuckery that made me incapable of joining groups with the Switch client.

Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe (NS) - This was my birthday gift from my wife. I totally missed this game on the first go around because by the time it came out I had given up on the Wii, and I've been pleasantly surprised with the remake. Though it is divisive, I think the revised art looks great on my OLED, and despite the return to 2D being a little disappointing after Forgotten Land I've found this to have some pretty fun set pieces, too. Most of all, it is pretty relaxing, which is always welcome in my life.

Metroid Fusion (NSO) - I booted this up almost immediately after finishing Prime. I think I prefer 2D Metroid, but I can also see why this game has such a mixed reception. It doesn't even pretend to be nonlinear, and the characters talk way too much for a series known for its isolating moments. Misgivings aside, it is a pretty solid action game with most of the elements of Metroid that I cherish. I know this is a pretty short adventure so I'd like to wrap this up!

Y'know, I might finally play the first Pikmin game this weekend. Expect a thread about it eventually.

Continuing my XCDE double-dip. Forgot about how beautiful this Eryth Sea-Alcamoth part was

Also playing the game of desperately trying to decide what great-looking horror remake I want to play: RE4 or Dead Space

Now I've finished Fatal Frame IV, it's time to finally buy and play Paranormasight on my Switch. Good time for me as well as I will be away for work, so need something to play in my evenings after work. More than ready for a cool adventure game.

I also started Metroid Fusion yesterday and am really enjoying it. Another great one to take with me for my trip away.

Also going to carry on with Bayonetta 3 which is really good.

Tonight (and maybe tomorrow if I really like it) I'll be playing the Exoprimal Open Beta on PS5

The main focus will be Gravity Rush Remastered! (PS4 BC on PS5) Finally returning to my backlog. Mad I slept on this series for so long.

...other than those two, daily check-ins for Splatoon 3 to keep my fresh Season catalog progress going by playing Turf War and slipping in some Mario Kart 8 Deluxe here and there.

edit: Bayonetta Origins won't arrive until Monday but I can wait on it.

I finished Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones last night, so I can mostly focus on my Trails To Azure replay now. I’m also going to be playing Bayonetta Origins and Like A Dragon Ishin.

It's a long weekend over here, so time to finish the rest of the stories in Octopath 2, cause the moment Ryza 3 activates next week, I'm dropping everything else

Lots of sport to watch this weekend and a need to do some work and also Mother's Day on Sunday, but if I do get around to gaming it'll be Wario Land 3 and A Space for the Unbound. The latter is super vibes based gaming with absolutely gorgeous pixel visuals. Thoroughly enjoying it.

I went back to Dark Souls Remastered so if anyone wants to help me with the Tomb of Giants boss, I’d appreciate it!

After finishing Prime, it's back to the Persona grind... final dungeon (I suppose). Maybe dip back into Pokemon to nab a Decidueye from a raid.

Two levels down in Sonic Spinball. This game would be super hard and really frustrating without rewind! Using it means that there’s essentially never any consequences to any mistake. Which is nice because the pinball physics here are terrible. This is one of the worst-feeling pinball games I’ve ever played probably. Sonic feels slow and heavy basically all the time, and momentum doesn’t seem to be consistent, like, ever. I do like how there’s some light platforming elements sprinkled here and there, that’s an interesting mechanic I’ve never seen in a pinball game before.

No shame in using rewind either. This game apparently has a reputation for being tough, so by using rewind I can avoid the frustration and just focus on figuring out where to go and what to do.

Two levels down in Sonic Spinball. This game would be super hard and really frustrating without rewind! Using it means that there’s essentially never any consequences to any mistake. Which is nice because the pinball physics here are terrible. This is one of the worst-feeling pinball games I’ve ever played probably. Sonic feels slow and heavy basically all the time, and momentum doesn’t seem to be consistent, like, ever. I do like how there’s some light platforming elements sprinkled here and there, that’s an interesting mechanic I’ve never seen in a pinball game before.

No shame in using rewind either. This game apparently has a reputation for being tough, so by using rewind I can avoid the frustration and just focus on figuring out where to go and what to do.
I enjoyed the game since it's original release but the fact the game was made in less than a year because they had no Sonic game for Christmas and was rushed is very obvious when playing it.

Mostly played Dead Cells DLC and another playthrough of Prime waiting for Bayonetta Origins to arrive today. Most likely will start that tomorrow.

It's that time of the week again! This week, it's going to be a bit different :)

Euro Truck Simulator 2

What? I said a bit different. Jokes aside, i need to recover the costs of the new garage, truck and newly hired trucker, so it's time for some long distance deliveries. Thankfully, the crew's earnings take care of the forced spendings like fuel, as well as paying the last loan i took, so i can focus on earning big money.

Street Fighter V

A new one! SF6 hype is starting to get me, so i downloaded it and started raising ranks with my eternal main Ken. I have some complaints about how easy is to get cornered and the fact that a escape mechanic is locked behind a paywall that i may end up paying, but aside of that i'm pretty happy with it.

Metroid Prime Remastered

The Prime games are the kind of FP games that i prefer to take slowly. Last week i left it after getting the wave beam, and i plan on taking it from there.

No Ace Attorney this week. Started Dual Destinies, but the lousy localization finally got to me, destroying my suspension of disbelief. Second case is jut TOO japanese to fit into the Japanese inmigrants that built a random village in America nonsense that CAPCOM US had been championing from the start, instead of just leaving the story in Japan, as they should've done.

I think i'm taking a small break from Ace Attorney altogether.

Level 3 of Spinball was more frustrating than fun, especially the boss. There was a neat mechanic where some flippers turn into elevators, but the stage is so punishing that it sends you back to the very start constantly. If it weren’t for rewind I would have given up.

I’m relieved that there’s only one more level honestly.

Octopath 2
Bayonetta Origins

Abour 12 or so hours in to OT2, and man this game might just climb in to my top 5 list of favorite JRPGs of all time. It's shockingly good

Started Bayonetta Origins and it's promising so far

Finished Sonic Spinball. Didn’t like it all that much.

Now back to FF7R! And I might play some Sonic 3D Blast tomorrow too.

My partner and I played the rest of the Magolor Epilogue in Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe on Friday. I'll give more detailed thoughts in the dedicated thread, but it was a great time. I also played some Pokémon Scarlet for the Decidueye raid - so glad I did that with other people because I could not solo that thing.

One more day this weekend. Wonder what to play. More Wonder Boy? The next game hac co-op, maybe my partner will wanna play with me. Or I could finally start Super Mario Advance 4?

Following up on my previous post to say that my brother and I did play some Fall Guys. We made 5 finals in the 6 games we played, and I walked away with 2 crowns! I had been on a bit of a slump before; hopefully the bad times are behind me!

Been playing Solar Ash on my Steam Deck. Love the game but performance on Deck is pretty rough. Might be putting it on hold until I get a new laptop.

Other than that I’ve been making steady progress on my Rivendell Lego set.

Back
Top Bottom