• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? Merry Christmas Edition! |12/22-12/25|

I’ve played thirty minutes of Final Bar Line and I can already tell that this is extremely my thing. I’m so glad I finally picked it up!

I've been playing Remnant II co-op on the xcloud
It got my attention when I saw it being described as a souls-like shooter, and it turned out to be interesting
The first one is on Switch, I wonder if it's worth a look after I finish the second one 🤔

I've been playing Remnant II co-op on the xcloud
It got my attention when I saw it being described as a souls-like shooter, and it turned out to be interesting
The first one is on Switch, I wonder if it's worth a look after I finish the second one 🤔
on xCloud? How’s that been?

xCloud worked pretty well for me last year when I was playing FH5. But whenever I’ve tried using it in the past six months, the queue times have put me off.

on xCloud? How’s that been?

xCloud worked pretty well for me last year when I was playing FH5. But whenever I’ve tried using it in the past six months, the queue times have put me off.
Yep! I'm holding off on buying on new hardware for now and trying some stuff on the xCloud instead

The queues got terrible recently yep, but it works well enough for games that don't need much precision

I've tried some games including shooters and amusingly the game that made the input lag the most noticeable was Prey, because it allows to interact with individual items on shelves and whatnot and there's no aim assist for that. It's working fine with Remnant II though as the aim assist is almost a lock-on 😅 or maybe the service improved the input response 🤔

Last edited:
Beat 3 on the Wii U, is deluxe worth the replay? Maybe I’ll try 4…

Appreciate it!
If you own it, it's worth the replay, but I wouldn't spend the money for it tbh. That said, Pikmin 4 is pretty great, but I'd prefer the 1 + 2 port if you haven't played those. Besides that, Advance Wars Reboot Camp pleasantly surprised me this year. However you might've already played those as well as they're remakes

If i'm able to finish Mario Wonder, then it will probably be FF VI Pixel time. Merry Christmas, folks!

oh for sure
8d26a6f071e38a836afdf682733fd996.gif

Playing some MK8 with friends Christmas Eve evening and probably do more of that and Mario party with all the family together as well
Nintendo land maybe if I can be bothered to hook it up as well

As for games just for me I’ve started playing advance wars reboot camp, only a few missions in but I really love the game.
I’m not very good at tactical type games but I love the toy look they gave the games with this release and even if I suck at it the gameplay is still fantastic

I had no idea how nostalgic I was for SMRPG.

Shame I forgot to charge the Switch at the hotel...

210 hours into a single save, 26 weeks of maining the game since release, I'm beating Tears of the Kingdom today.

giphy.gif

It's everything I wanted from a sequel to Breath of the Wild, a game I beat 2 1/2 times front to back- all I can say is LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

herrera-4.gif.CROP.original-original.gif

I am finally nearing the end of Death Stranding, which I've been working on since just before the game awards. It's a weird game! When it hits, it really hits, there's moments trekking through a blizzard with barely any visibility in front of me, or barrelling down a canyon on a bike trying to make a delivery in time, slowly creeping through the pouring rain between ghosts that want to kill me I think damn yes, there's something special here. There's also a lot of plot focused moments where I'm just like eh? Haha but it's been a fun ride. I had it sitting a long time and on the whole I'm glad I got around it.

I also picked up and have been playing Process of Elimination, a (thus far) fun murder mystery VN which has some danganronpa vibes with it's large mysterious colourful cast of detectives trying to escape their surroundings before being picked off but with very different gameplay portions to danganronpa, where you have to successfully utilise and direct the detectives according to their strengths in strategy type investigations within a certain number of turns. I'm very early on so I cannot say too much more other than I'm looking forward to play more, feels like a perfect holiday game when we'll be spending alot of time just lounging around watching TV and eating treats. Shout out to @paranoodle for persevering and getting me to play this :)

So that's my tv/handheld combo right now, but I picked up a bunch of games in the sales that I'm looking forward to tackling after these, namely Armoured Core VI, Fate/Samurai Remnant and the AI: Somnium Files Sequel, Nirvana Initiative so it should be a good holiday. Hope everyone has a great one!

I feel like I've been on this journey with you @afternoon delight; I'm excited to see you finish it up! Hope you enjoy the big finale.

So I saw Boy and the Heron on Friday and made the walk to a barcade afterward, but it was so packed in there that I didn't stay long, and felt too weird taking pictures that like 40 strangers would have been in! I'm going to try again in a couple weeks. I will play that Metallica pinball machine.

namely Armoured Core VI
eOm73Ig.gif

What a fantastic ride, I hope you like it! One of the asskicking-est action games of all time if you ask me.

None of the theaters near me are playing it so I'm living vicariously through you all.

What did you think of it?
I would say I enjoyed it! Very dense with imagery in a way that I would want to see it again. As I’m sure you expect, some unforgettable creativity and ingenuity in the animation. (Those grandmas. If you know you know.) It also functions a little as a Ghibli retrospective, lots of parallels and callback motifs to their previous work. Not my favourite from the studio but still a great film that is well worth seeing. It seems to be having a successful theatrical run, I hope they expand out to your area soon!

Ended up getting a PS5 last week and spent my time playing Final Fantasy XVI, finished it today, it was so good and is now my favorite FF game, need Square to fund more CBU3 games be it mainline FF or something different. Also appreciate the latam spanish dub, being able to experience this wonderful game and its fantastic cast of characters with a ton of mexican voice talent meant a lot to me. Can't wait for Rising Tide, I clapped at Echoes of the Fallen with all its XIV references.

Ended up getting a PS5 last week and spent my time playing Final Fantasy XVI, finished it today, it was so good and is now my favorite FF game, need Square to fund more CBU3 games be it mainline FF or something different. Also appreciate the latam spanish dub, being able to experience this wonderful game and its fantastic cast of characters with a ton of mexican voice talent meant a lot to me. Can't wait for Rising Tide, I clapped at Echoes of the Fallen with all its XIV references.
Blocked.

Edit: now you can also be FFXVI's #1 and only fan : punchy :

Glad you liked it and hope you play FF mode in NG+ but be careful....There are few here who do not like it when you praise good games that aren't on Switch and start acting like this is a sales forum.

Well, apparently i spent my christmas weekend driving trucks lol There's an Euro Truck Simulator 2 event going on right now, and the developers went the extra mile this time, building a fantasy Christmas city and everything. It's only 15 short deliveries, but some of them are tricky, so i still have two deliveries left before finishing it.

Also played some Animal Crossing: New Horizons, but it was Toy Day and i'm not really fan of AC festivity events (too invasive) so i just went with my daily routine and turned off the game after giving Blathers his daily four fossils.

It's Christmas day now and my only plan for today is gaming, most likely Baldur's Gate 3 only.

Yesterday I played Christmas NiGHTS (PC) for the first time ever. I've been putting this off for quite a while (never played NiGHTS in the 90s oops) but I'm glad I finally checked it out.

It's peak Holiday vibes with the surreal visuals. Amazing.

My Christmas Weekend report - It was an awesome weekend though I didn't get too much gaming in haha. The only game I ended up playing was Tales of Symphonia and I managed to get a good ways into Disc 2. Hopefully I can finish it before the year ends. I'll return to Magia Record and Octopath Traveler II probably when I'm done at this point since I'm so close to beating it.

I didn’t get in much gaming at all either. With two young kids, Christmas was nonstop stress. It was nice, but it was a lot. I’m not sad that it’s over.

I didn’t get around to playing TLOU at all. I played a couple hours of God of War, and I was able to nearly finish the FF7 songs in Final Bar Line. I’m really enjoying both Theatrhythm and GoW, so that’s nice.

I’m looking forward to a return to some sort of normalcy this week!

I don’t think I turned on my Switch during the weekend. Maybe I played a little of Wario Land 3 on friday but I can’t remember properly haha.

I’ve played thirty minutes of Final Bar Line and I can already tell that this is extremely my thing. I’m so glad I finally picked it up!

Ooh, so divine. My most-played game of 2023 and more or less a daily driver.

-- I borrowed Untitled Goose Game from the library and played it with the family. That was entirely worth the 2 hours of laughs.

-- Finally finished my perfect save file in HARVESTELLA. 125 hours. Phew! I look forward to picking it up and starting over again in a few months.

-- Re-picked up Triangle Strategy (perhaps you're all sensing a trend). I was stalled out at a Chapter 12 map so I did a few of the mock battles and made some decisions about characters to invest in.

-- Told myself I'd continue playing SMT Nocturne which is really a funny way to spell Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns. I recently acquired a 3DS so slowly going through the consoles' greatest hits. Slow start but I really enjoy the part time jobs. Definitely like this better than Pioneers of Olive Town, sadly.

Finally finished my perfect save file in HARVESTELLA. 125 hours. Phew! I look forward to picking it up and starting over again in a few months.
Wow! That’s wild. Did you play on Switch? I really enjoyed the demo but found the performance to be a little chunky. Did they ever end up smoothing that out a little?

Wow! That’s wild. Did you play on Switch? I really enjoyed the demo but found the performance to be a little chunky. Did they ever end up smoothing that out a little?
I did, I don't own a PC that can game! There are some frame stutters on the farm in certain seasons and in one or two particular boss fights past the demo but I found it sailed pretty smoothly at 30fps. I know many people had grievances over the lighting / overall image quality but I think it looks great on my 65" 4k TV (and handheld too). They fixed the passage of time in the demo and the main game which was another criticism people shared. I personally have enjoyed treating time as a resource, which most games don't make you do. It also helped me pace out the story so I didn't fly through it and get tired. My GOTY of 2022 and an all-time fave!

Well, the 25th is one of our official lazying days, so in the end i spent the day playing, effectively, Baldur's Gate 3, and on top of it i played it all on remote, with my phone and the Kishi V1.

Amazing game, for the time i played, pretty challenging if you enter the battles gun blazing, and Astarion gave me a really bad first impression so my first interaction with him when he tricked me into slicing my throat was giving him a deserved headbutt.

Left the game after beating an Owl Bear and then going back to the settlement. Now, i have one too many party members and i need to take a decision. The thing is, the sorcerer i decided to leave out because i found him suspicious turned out to be crucial on beating the Owl Bear.

Also, why is everyone so hot?

Global warming

Back
Top Bottom