• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? Merry Christmas Edition! |12/22-12/25|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
It’s the most wonderful time of the year. And it’s the most wonderful time of the week! Welcome to our weekly weekend thread! Talk about your gaming plans, your Christmas plans, your building-a-snowman plans, your whatever plans. It’s all welcome here.

Since it’s Christmas this weekend, of course most of my time is going to be taken up with family and holiday events, but there will still be time for games. I’m still in the middle of The Last of Us Part 1 and I’ll be playing that for sure. I’ll also spend some time with Final Fantasy Theatrhythm Final Bar Line, which is on sale on the eShop now. And I think I’m going to start the original God of War on PS2. That’s already more than I have time for!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, fami. Enjoy your friends and families, and enjoy your games! ❤️

8YUxE8c.gif

The Final Draft continues in Alan Wake II. I’m also playing a little Max Payne 1 & 2 for maximum James McCaffrey in my eardrums. RIP to a legend. Sea of Stars over on the Switch. I’ll also be checking out a barcade I’ve never been to tonight. Will report back on that!

Just a couple quick holiday visits in town for me. When it comes to anxieties about getting together with family over the holidays, just remember ol’ Ahti’s advice:

aYCvf0u.jpg

Words to live by, truly.

Incube8 dropped a new Game Boy Color game to test: Zephyr’s Pass. It’s 2D Zelda-like so right up my alley.

I’m still playing Trace Memory (DS). I also discovered Nanashi No Game/Nameless Game (DS) so I snagged a fan translation patch. It’s a Japan-only first person survival horror game Square Enix published.

Also, Portal Companion Collection (Switch) is on sale so I’ll probably play that with a friend for a bit. I’ve never played Portal before, but I’m willing to give it a shot for $6.79.

I'll be driving 14 hours across the country with two children. I'm taking turns driving, though, so when I get to be the passenger I'll be playing Super Mario RPG!

Enjoy the weekend, Monster! Hope the new baby's first Christmas is good for them (and you!).

I beat 3 stories in Octopath.

I’ve mentioned the music hasn’t been impressive on a personal level. But Agnea has pretty great music in the final chapter. Even if I didn’t even up Caring for the character story.

Thorne was a weird ending. And not in a good way. Like it came out of nowhere. Probably something that needed a full game dedicated to it. Probably so far my least favorite of the stories I’ve played.

Theatrhythm, Crimzon Clover, and probably starting Outer Wilds's Echoes of the Eye DLC. I handled the base game's scary stuff better than I thought I would, but I'm not sure how well the DLC will go! genuinely no idea what to expect

Probably Super Mario RPG, but maybe other things?

I don't actually know at this time of year. Last year I impulse bought Pikmin 3 DX and finally did Elechead in the run up to New Year. I do have A Highland Song, and I also associate Christmas with Zelda, so Oracle of Ages or new Tears of the Kingdom file are also options. Probably saving Baldur's Gate 3 for 2024.

Bought myself a Steam Deck OLED for Christmas so will mostly be playing that, dabbling with multiple games to see how well they run. I do plan to start Batman Arkham Origins though which I hear is a Christmassy feeling game? Never played it so will play that.

Over on Switch I am still chipping away at Dragon Quest 11s so will possibly squeeze sometime on that.

Merry Christmas Fami!

Merry Christmas Fami!

I'll probably be playing a bunch of Wild Arms this weekend in between family visits.

I was MIA last weekend cause well...I was busy and didn't play anything. That changes this weekend though!

I've been off and on with Star Ocean The Second Story R (Switch) recently due to just being tired after work recently but I'm kinda close to the end? I have the ability to fly to any landmass now so that feels pretty cool! I might try to finish it tomorrow but I'll see.

After that I think I'll finish my Sonic playthrough for Sonic Superstars (PC - Steam) which I do like a good bit. It has some issues but I'll bump the Superstars ST later on with my full thoughts.

After that I'm not sure! Hope everyone has a safe holiday weekend :)

Merry Christmas folks!

I don’t think I’ll have time to game, what with all the holiday preparations we have to do. I’ll probably dabble in some Into The Breach or Slay The Spire at most.

Diablo 4 my seasonal character is lv 85 twisting blades rogue and my main character is lv 60 sorcerer even though i started the seasonal a week ago and finished all the season of the blood stuff and the battlepass even though i hadn't bought it yet now just farming Nightmare dungeons and the charismas event for the elixr

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Where I live the 26th is also a Holiday, so it is a 4 day weekend for me. Therefore, I am hoping to finally beat Baten Kaitos 1 Remastered on Switch or, at least, be extremely close to the end. I am currently working my walkthrough the Imperial Fortress amd my party is at Level 40.

Playing on Xbox but Chants of Sennaar is quite addictive, especially considering we planned to finish 100%ing Super Mario Wonder first. This is a most delectable tangent. The language-deciphering puzzle solving is really well-constructed an satisfying, and the underlying world is compelling and intriguing. The music reminds me of Ori, too.

Happy holidays all! I am grateful to you for making this my favorite spot on the Internet.

Hoping to beat KH1 in time for Christmas. Am currently on hollow bastion and and am mostly free for today to Christmas eve

My company is off until the new year so I got a lot of time to game. This past week I started Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology. I've heard amazing things about this and I'm really liking what I've played so far. I'm also continuing my playthrough of Baten Kaitos 1. Still getting the hang of the card mechanics but the prerendered environments are as fantastical as I remembered. I picked up Shantae and the Seven Sirens a few days ago and just started that today. My friend got me Theatrhythm Final Bar Line for Christmas so I might start that as well. I've also been playing through A Link to the Past here and there. I just got to the Dark World a few days ago.

Got two weeks off from work so gonna use it to play Persona 3 Portable. I originally cleared Persona 4 and 5 on winter breaks so I think I'll manage here.

probably going to play some Minecraft and maybe get a bit of time for sleeping dogs. I have family coming over tomorrow so I’ll be mostly busy getting a roast dinner ready. Sunday should be pretty chill though

Had a busy week getting ready for Christmas and I had fun with my gift exchange with friends today, so now I’m ready for a cozy weekend. I’m playing the same stuff as last weekend and I hope to make a little progress on all of it. I think Tales of Symphonia will be the big focus this weekend as I think I’m roughly halfway through. I do want to play some Octopath Traveler II as well and ideally finish the remaining chapter 1’s. Finally, I did start Arc 2 chapter 5 of the Magia Record fan translation this week which has had a bit of slow start compared to how wild chapter 4 was. I have four hours left in the chapter, so I hope to finish at least an hour or two.

After finishing Alan Wake 2 for the second time, I'm in a bit of a rut on what to play. I have started Max Payne and will probably put more time into that this weekend. And now that I think about it I've also been working on Star Wars Jedi Survivor, which I'm really enjoying. But neither hit quite like AW2 did, so I find it a little hard sometimes to actually start playing, lol.

I might also put some time into the Pokemon DLC.

I doubt I'll get to play much, maybe some Xenoblade 3 or Mario Party Superstars with the family.

Merry Christmas weekend, Fami gang! Just the xmas artwork from the art studio I work for!

tWKZuAe.jpg

As for how I plan to laze around over this holiday weekend... I think I am nearing the end of Persona 5 Tactica's main story. Just completed the third kingdom and yes, I saw the twist coming. Well, I actually expect the twist to be even more tragic but I'm glad that ◆︎◆︎◆︎◆︎◆︎ survived. Now it is time to fight God again! Wheeee!

824aafb1f3c1375c5eb23ace561bab14fad10a07.jpg

I've already bought the DLC too. So once I'm done with the main story, I'll jump straight into the DLC with Akechi and Sumire. With a bit of luck, I should be able to wrap up P5T before the end of 2023. AND complete all the P5 experience I can get out of the Switch within the same year.

I swear this time I'll finish Astlibra, story got really good till the end so wan't to complet as much as possible before christmas

Finishing up this Scarlet DLC. Would love to get back to AC: Mirage but OOTP Baseball and EA Sports FC may stop me lol.

Hard to say what I'll play on xmas. At least 2 party games including a Jackbox

I must have played the opening chapter of God of War at least a couple of times because this is all very familiar. Every line of dialog is seared into my brain for some reason. And so is the part where you have to kick that damn box and try to keep it from breaking. And the Hydra boss fight, which I seem to remember not being able to figure out when I was younger but cleared it easily now.

The game holds up graphically really well. Compared to the last PS2 game I played, GTA III, it almost looks like a generational leap. The lack of Christopher Judge Kratos is throwing me though.

Mostly Pokémon SV DLC Part 2: The Indigo Disk with a sprinkling of F Zero (SNES NSO) and F-Zero 99. Between work and family time during the holiday season it'll be difficult to find game time. Will be happy with whatever I can manage.

I'd never tried the F-Zero series until 99 came out and now I'm somewhat obsessed. The two aren't exact 1:1 games, yet it's been a great cumulative experience to get better at the SNES game by grinding out races in 99. Starting out I could barely hold my own on Knight/Beginner, now I've managed to almost place in Queen/Expert. Brutal, and satisfying.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays Fami!

Finals just wrapped up, and I'll be relieving some stress by making some tea and playing some Tears of the Kingdom. In between that, I'll be playing/finishing some smaller games. Wrapping up A Short Hike and my replay of the first Portal game. Also bound to be some Splatoon or Stardew Valley time with the girlfriend too in between baking cookies and looking at Christmas lights. Wishing y'all the best this holiday. :)

Puzzmo and board games (Codenames, Caper etc.) with co-christmassers

Also, Mario 64 for the first time

Inexplicably, I started with practicing Cannonless skip even though I can barely control butter shoes yet

Happy festivities to everyone

I still don't know lol

No, seriously. Aside from playing Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow on live stream as the Christmasvania (that game really gives me xmas vibes from the very start) i have nothing planned. Most likely i'll spend the weekend tinkering and playing random stuff, moreso if i get my RG351p before the day ends (it's supposed to be delivered by mail)

Well... After two days of not being able to, i'll pick Animal Crossing New Horizons as a daily game. I just installed the first bridge and the next step is to decide where the next three residents will set up their homes.

Honestly, this is the point where New Horizons becomes just Animal Crossing and it's kinda sad. I've been stretching the game prologue as long as possible, but after fully paying two house expansions it's clear the game isn't going to allow me go further without taking this step.

And, maybe, i'll start with the Indigo Disk.

I spent a lot of this week playing through most of the first Hot Wheels Unleashed, the edition that includes all the DLC expansions and cars on GamePass. That game shocked the hell out of me! Plays and controls well and it was just plain fun! It‘s pretty much exactly how we imagined being shrunk down into the cars and being able to drive and race in them as kids! I do have one major, major complaint with the game. Just one complaint. A lot of the quick race tracks are gated behind the time trial races. Those races are with a few exceptions very difficult to get the required times in! I really don’t think the main races should be gated off like that. I feel all the time trial raves should have been put in their own area as an optional thing. Aside from that one thing that game was a super pleasant unexpected surprise. Can anyone tell me if the time trial stuff is the same way in the sequel, in that it gates off main progression with them? I really hope not!

Merry Christmas to all!! 🎄🎁

No idea how much time I'll have this weekend as I'm helping with cooking today and tomorrow is the SO's family gathering. But I'm hoping to get some more Parasite Eve time, and maybe some Mario Wonder on Switch during cooking downtime. Oh and the SO is getting her kids Kirby Return to Dream Land as an Xmas Eve gift so I may pop in on a few sessions of that :D

Hey y’all, Fam! During a Dynamax Raid right now against a Rufflet in Pokemon Sword. Continuing my Pokemon journey to try and 100% the dex of each region and transferring them to Pokemon Home~

Also gonna be playing Smash with my BF, and online with two of my best friends

I'm continuing to push through Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince. It's a great game for a time of year where I get to sit around and chill. It's getting more challenging as I get further, but I'm hoping to finish it by Christmas. However, with how much I screw around in that game, that might be an unrealistic goal.

Christmas is always a bit quiet for me, but I am very fortunate that I get to spend it with my immediate family. We only have one visit with extended family, so we will have most of the time to ourselves. Merry Christmas, Fami!

I really need something, I’ve been dabbling in Mario Kart for quick sessions. But if I’m being honest I haven’t really PLAYED my Switch since putting in over 200 hours in ToTK.

I really need some good recommendations. I’m open to most genres so there really isn’t a preference to satisfy. I’ve just been unable to garner any interest in anything (though this is mostly ignorance)…

Thanks!!!

I really need something, I’ve been dabbling in Mario Kart for quick sessions. But if I’m being honest I haven’t really PLAYED my Switch since putting in over 200 hours in ToTK.

I really need some good recommendations. I’m open to most genres so there really isn’t a preference to satisfy. I’ve just been unable to garner any interest in anything (though this is mostly ignorance)…

Thanks!!!
Play Super Metroid

Thanks!!!
You should give Pikmin 3 DX a shot

Probably just more TotK and BG3. I probably won’t pick up any more games till next year. Will also be doing some guitar practice and going for walks

Lol I have beaten Super Metroid, but thank you!!

Beat 3 on the Wii U, is deluxe worth the replay? Maybe I’ll try 4…

Appreciate it!
It’s always worth replaying 3. Such a fantastic game. But, when it comes to this year, I’d recommend Pikmin 4 and Super Mario Bros Wonder when it comes to Switch games this year

Last edited:
Diablo 4 my seasonal character is lv 85 twisting blades rogue and my main character is lv 60 sorcerer even though i started the seasonal a week ago and finished all the season of the blood stuff and the battlepass even though i hadn't bought it yet now just farming Nightmare dungeons and the charismas event for the elixr
update to my Diablo 4 plan still mostly the same playing Diablo 4 right now i’m just doing nightmare dungeons farming to level up my glyphs and the occasional world bosses and tree of whispers for the coin since people in trade keep trying to sell the 50 egg for like almost 200,000,000 or more even though i calculated it 125,000,000 for selling it on regular vendors. i’m going to lv my seasonal character to 100 then hit the bosses besides the world boss because he gets instantly melted when there is so many people there. LV 91 twisting blade rogue

Been playing Totally Accurate Battle Sim (Steam Deck) with my partner tonight, so much fun, it’s utterly bizarre in the best ways!

Also, fired up Pikmin 3 Deluxe (Switch) as I never finished the side stories on this. Went through Olimar’s Assignment which was fun, will move onto Louie’s set of missions next.

Have also been playing Batman Arkham Origins (Steam Deck) and enjoying that a bunch too! Good day’s gaming today.

Back
Top Bottom