• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This weekend, Fam? Calm before the storm |5/5-5/7|

Congratulations, @Red Monster !

Octopath Traveler II - I'm leisurely pursuing some chapter 3's (and one 4) of the eastern continent squad.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - I've never gotten around to playing this and just started it up earlier this evening.

Congrats @Red Monster ! You're going to have to drink lots of Monster Energy drinks going forward eh? Hah.

Been really ill thanks to my dumb arse drinking gone off milk without realising. I highly recommend others do not do that, it's not a good time. So because of that not played much, except more of Contact on DS (up to the 5th island now) and around 12-13 hours into FFVI Pixel Remaster.

After I finish these I plan on going back to Azure Gunvolt 2 and Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong, since the former was really good and the latter had loads of technical problems back when it first released but now has apparently lots of bugfixes and is worth a play for fans of Bloodlines (it's an Adventure game with very light RPG mechanics, no real combat afaik), so want to check it out again.

Thanks for all the well wishes and congratulations, fam 🥰 y’all are so nice.

I think I’ll try and get a little gaming time in today if I can manage it. Gotta get back to FF7R! I’m nearly done with it I think (the last time I played I had just got to Hojo’s lab). I failed in my mission to finish it before the baby came, but oh well. I’m gonna finish it before I start TotK. If that means I don’t start TotK on release day, so be it. I don’t want to let FF7R fall by the wayside when I’m so close to the end.

edit: also, this thread is really active this weekend! Love to see that.

It took me approximately 12 hours after finishing Future Redeemed to start up a new file on Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition. The Xeno will not stop, the Xeno can not stop

I decided to give Cadence of Hyrule a try on Game Trial. Took a bit of getting use to but that is a really good game. The devs should be proud. It felt Zelda like but with its own spin. The music was great and that last boss awesome. Infact all the bosses were great. I almost want to get the DLC now.

I decided to give Cadence of Hyrule a try on Game Trial. Took a bit of getting use to but that is a really good game. The devs should be proud. It felt Zelda like but with its own spin. The music was great and that last boss awesome. Infact all the bosses were great. I almost want to get the DLC now.
i’ve got both Cadence of Hyrule and Crypt of the Necrodancer in the backlog, and when I get around to them, i’m not sure which one to start with. I hear Necrodancer is a lot tougher than Hyrule. How’s the difficulty in your opinion?

i’ve got both Cadence of Hyrule and Crypt of the Necrodancer in the backlog, and when I get around to them, i’m not sure which one to start with. I hear Necrodancer is a lot tougher than Hyrule. How’s the difficulty in your opinion?

I have Necrodancer in my backlog as well which I heard is a lot harder than Cadence. Cadence wasn't that hard. Once you get the rhythm down and how the combat works its fun and a decent challenge. 1 or 2 bosses were pretty tough. Outside of that though. Nothing crazy. I would play that first. I plan on playing necrodancer soon since Cadence was so fun.

Edit: I played crypt for a few hours. The gameplay is more or less the same as in Cadence but it is so so so much harder. It's a true roguelike. It's fun though. Wish I could play it with Cadence's redrawn art but otherwise I'm gonna keep working on it. It is fun. Just tough as nails.

Last edited:
I actually got to play some games tonight! FF7R is starting to get weird near the end - I knew that they story was changed from the original FF7, and obviously I’ll have a better idea once I have the full context from seeing how Part 1 ends, but
are they introducing multiple timelines? Because the story of FF7 is confusing enough without throwing timeline stuff into it!

I’ll admit, it’s throwing me off kinda. The entire game has been super faithful to the Midgar portion of FF7, and now at the end of Part 1 things are happening and I’m constantly going “well hang on, that’s not what happens!”.

I actually got to play some games tonight! FF7R is starting to get weird near the end - I knew that they story was changed from the original FF7, and obviously I’ll have a better idea once I have the full context from seeing how Part 1 ends, but
are they introducing multiple timelines? Because the story of FF7 is confusing enough without throwing timeline stuff into it!

I’ll admit, it’s throwing me off kinda. The entire game has been super faithful to the Midgar portion of FF7, and now at the end of Part 1 things are happening and I’m constantly going “well hang on, that’s not what happens!”.
I hope when you beat the game Red you make a post in the RPG thread. Would love to hear your full thoughts when you have the time :)

I ended up finishing my Hard mode playthrough of FF7R earlier this week and finished up the Platinum. Decided to start a New Game+ of FFXV, so will probably play that a bit in between jumping back into Splatoon 3 for the new Splatfest (Team Wisdom!).
I also managed to finish Cadence of Hyrule just in time too! Didn't think it was gonna happen, but I hit the zone with the game finally and ended up clearing the whole map and got all items. Glad I pushed through in the end.

Last edited:
Started the Xenoblade DLC at 9pm last night hoping to squeeze an hour or two out before bed... was reminded of and how and why Xenoblade 3 was my GOTY last year. Went to bed at 2:30am (when having to get up for work at 7:30am)

Back
Top Bottom