• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |9/29-10/1|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Happy Friday, Fami! I hope everyone had a better-than-average work week. Our reward for making it through another Mon-Fri is this here weekend thread! You know how this works by now. Have at it.

Just like last weekend, I’m gonna be playing Gravity Rush and Asura’s Wrath. I admit that I’m a bit disappointed with myself here, in that I had hoped to wrap up at least Asura by now, but sadly I’m not even halfway through it. It was a busy week! So hopefully I’ll get to make some good progress in both titles this weekend.

Have a good weekend folks!

Bayonetta 3.

Y'all. Bayonetta 3.

Got it with voucher and I'm so dang hooked. I cannot stop. I'll likely binge this over the weekend. It's so damn good, all across the board. Patinum DELIVERED.

I started Yakuza: Like a Dragon last weekend so will carry on with that at various intervals, but Cocoon will probably be my focus thanks to Gamepass

I have work and a painting I’m working on, but I’ll probably try out Eastward on the NSO trial.

Well, I finished Armored Core VI. Definitely my GOTY so far. I had a blast for just about every moment of it! I played a little bit of a New Game+ and…hmm. There is definitely some stuff going on there. Part of me wants to keep barreling along, but I’ve got a few scary games I want to get to! This weekend is about:
  • Playing through RE4: Separate Ways. I’ve watched that launch trailer like 10 times. I’m ready.
  • Trying out the Silent Hill HD Collection on my Series S and seeing how that goes…wish me luck @smoothies @afternoon delight
  • Starting RE: Village. I love RE but didn’t get too far into this one. It had nothing to do with the game, which I remember being great; I was in a bad way with anxiety at the time and uhhhh had the scariest panic attack I’ve ever had while playing. Then I quit! Figured it’s time to dance with the devil and give it another try, now that I’m feeling much better in that way.

More F-ZERO 99 as well. The last time I played I made the finale for a Grand Prix for the first time and finished 2nd on Silence! Now I’m B+ rank and ready to cash in my tickets.

Probably can’t play too much tonight or tomorrow. Sunday is officially October so obviously, I need to play spooky games.

To start: Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3 remakes (PS4). I heard they’re pretty short so hopefully, I can knock them out early and make the most of Halloween month.

IMG-0625.jpg

Separate Ways which I will be finishing tonight since I was away in London all week.

More of Baten Kaitos 1. This plot sure is intriguing. Plenty of interesting twists happening back to back now. I am curious to see where things go from here.

I'm also in the mood for some PlayStation 1 era gaming, so will play The Granstream Saga, which has been sat on my shelf for years.

Happy Friday, Fami! I hope everyone had a better-than-average work week. Our reward for making it through another Mon-Fri is this here weekend thread! You know how this works by now. Have at it.

Just like last weekend, I’m gonna be playing Gravity Rush and Asura’s Wrath. I admit that I’m a bit disappointed with myself here, in that I had hoped to wrap up at least Asura by now, but sadly I’m not even halfway through it. It was a busy week! So hopefully I’ll get to make some good progress in both titles this weekend.

Both fantastic games. Gravity Rush was mindblowing to me on Vita at release, I played through it to the end on PS4 as well for the remaster. Still holds up to me but there was something special about it on Vita, one of my favourite games on the Vita. I love floating around and kicking into space, still in some ways feels so far ahead of most other games in this style.
Asura's Wrath is Saturday morning anime madness. Make sure you get the DLC for the full experience!

More of the same really. Titanfall 2 multiplayer, F-Zero 99 and Starfield: Corporate Espionage Edition lol.

Oh and Pokemon Emerald still in between things. I...think shuppet can learn will-o-wisp and burn my Swellow so it can have its Guts ability activated at all times. Woo!

I'll be dipping into F ZERO 99 and hopefully making progress in Sea of Stars, which I've been enjoying but have only managed 3 hours so far so I've not quite sank into it really. Taking a break from  Starfield; despite putting in 8 hours it hasn't really clicked yet.

Oooo... boy, I've been waiting for this thread.

Since last weekend, I've started on Catherine: Full Body. Like Vincent, I'm progressing in the game one day/night at a time. So just nice, I've reached probably the last 'night' of the game. I'm very sorry to report that most of sheep have died under my watch. Based on the conversation, I thought that they would have survived but... guess, that's how it goes. I was really starting to feel the comradery between all the sheep and they died. Fuck.

Anyway, I started the game thinking that I want to go the Catherine route. The game is named after her name's spelling after all. But darn, that sure is difficult. It took a certain amount of discipline to pick the 'chaotic' route. Especially when they keep bombarding you with Vincent's past with Katherine. If this was NOT a game, the obvious choice would have been Katherine. Man, I can't believe it took effort to be 'bad'.

It also seems like the game was not-subtly trying to edge (heh) you towards the Rin route. And there's chemistry there too. The only reason NOT to follow the crumbs was my initial decision to experience the Catherine route first. I am very likely to do a Rin playthrough almost immediately after rolling credits. On an easier mode and with the power of hindsight, try to rescue all the other sheep.

To my shame, I relied heavily on Youtube walkthroughs on this game. At some point, it's just easier to see how someone else did it.

As a whole, I really quite like the game so far. Not something I expected since I initially picked up the game because of its story's reputation rather than gameplay. I'm not smart enough to solve all the puzzles but the ones I managed to solved, feels good man. Rin's piano recital will live rent-free in my head for a good while.

Mostly Nayuta (with MK1 matches sprinkled in) but I bought few big titles to keep me busy after I'm done with it:

Fate Samurai Remnant
Infinite Strash Adventures of Dai
Cocoon
EA FC 24

Also did a few matches in My Hero Ultra Rumble. It's much more fun than Fortnite, felt refreshing to play a combat battle royale without guns.

apparently i got the date wrong in the thread title, whoops. it’s fixed now

This weekend has been so temporally confusing. I've known that Sunday is October 1st and accidentally went to something today that happens tomorrow. Could've sworn there was a September 31st...

This is going to be a very busy weekend for me. If anything, I'll watch my son play Super Mario Odyssey for a while. He has been especially enjoying the bouncing shiverian racers and new donk city festival lately.

Happy weekend Fami!

Evil West will be my main game this weekend as I’m very close to finishing it so would like to wrap that up. Outside of that I’m also close to wrapping up the main story mode on Olli Olli World so it would just be the DLC left to play through.

Then, of course, I’m still making my way through Dragon Quest 11s so I’m hoping to be able to get some time on that as well.

Getting into Nayuta No Kiseki.
I'm Looooving the Saturn but HD vibe - Or maybe it's Megaman legend HD - I get from that game. What a joy.

I'm might start a new Totk file. I miss that game.

Probably try and finish the Dave the Diver demo, which I'm really enjoying so far. Don't know how much longer it is though, I think I played for about an hour in total now.

Then also some TotK just continuing to explore and do random shit. Currently 120 hours in with 2 phenomenons done and the final boss beaten.

I didn’t get to play any games this week since I got super busy. Going to pick up my Nayuta Boundless Trails playthrough, I’m near the end of chapter 4, and then I’m hoping to finish my online co-op playthrough of Pokemon The Teal Mask (6 Pokemon to go!) and finally play more F-Zero 99. Hoping for a calm weekend to enjoy everything.

Getting into Nayuta No Kiseki.
I'm Looooving the Saturn but HD vibe - Or maybe it's Megaman legend HD - I get from that game. What a joy.
"Saturn but HD" is more than enough for me to give it a look

Polishing off Spiderman Miles Morales this weekend, liking it more than I expected. I did really enjoy the first game, but I felt pretty sated and wasn't too keen to play more. I am not very good at guessing my tastes or game game cravings. I was excited for 2, but now I'm even more excited. No Ps5 nearby anymore though so RIP.

I bounced of Starfield hard sadly, thankfully I tried it on gamepass so it was a cheap lesson. Might replay DMC5 soon too, since I won't be resubbing to PS plus with the price increase. It's time to zoom through the extras titles.

This means no dandori for me for a while.

Going to eat too much during Mid-Autumn Festival that happens to coincide with a long weekend.

Hoping to finish Anonymous;Code and make more progress on Nayuta. I was too tired throughout the week to play games, so I'll get more time in with those when I feel more awake.

P3P and maybe some AI along with F-zero…(if I don’t get sucked into we love katamari)
Dragon Quest III Switch (still, lol…)
I bought this right before the HD2D version got announced and still haven’t given it a go. Which is a shame as I planned it as my first proper DQ

P3P and maybe some AI along with F-zero…(if I don’t get sucked into we love katamari)

I bought this right before the HD2D version got announced and still haven’t given it a go. Which is a shame as I planned it as my first proper DQ
Definitely give it a go! I grew up with the NES version, but this version is great!

Oh hey! I almost forgot about this thread.

Keyword: Almost.

Let's see... This week has been kinda busy so i havent made many advancements. The weekend is looking basically the same, but i'll make some extra time for gaming. This is what i have planned:

Tears of the Kingdom

I decided to chase after dragón Zelda after the fossil whale quest, but ended up roaming aimlessly again (bad Reinhart! Bad!) Until, before turning off the game after my last session, i took a look at the diary and chose a list of quests to complete. My objective is to take care of half of them at least.

Pokémon Fire Red

This week i focused on one thing: Reaching Fuchsia and completing the Safari Zone (meaning, getting the HMs Surf and Strenght) and that's what i did. During my time there i got a couple of mons to add to rotation, being this my current team:
  • Raflessio the ✨shiny✨ Gloom (lv. 31) - Rescued from the depths of Bill's PC to face the Fuchsia gym. He's a bit underleveled, so it's grinding time! His sleep powder will come in handy.
  • BoneBoi the Marowak (lv. 35) - after evolving he's become a bit of a powerhouse, and can almost onehit anything not flying or levitating. He knows Strenght now, so he's the official meathead of the team.
  • MsDriller the Fearow (lv. 34) - Teached her Steel Wing and Third, and she's back to the lightspot. She was an unexpected great help in the way down to Fuchsia, since half of the bikers were fight type trainer. So her diet is more varied now, and she now eats Machops for dinner.
  • GrimMantis the Scyther (lv. 28) - What do you first expect when setting your foot on the Safari Zone's 2nd zone tall grass? A Nidoran? A paras? How about a Scyther? And how about a Scyther that falls on the first ball you throw? Because that's what happened with this baby. I just started grinding her and she already shows lots of promise.
  • GoofyDraco the Dratini (lv. 28) - Close your eyes, and now imagine entering the safari zone, using your Super Rod and getting a Pokémon that not only you didnt know you could catch there, but it's also shiny!! Now, imagine that shiny mon breaking the ball and fleeing, and now that you know my pain, meet GoofyDraco, the second Dratini that i managed to fish out of the pond and the one that somehow stood there after 4 balls. This little serpent dragon went directly to my team and learned Flamethrower and Thunderbolt, becoming the scourge of everything that has life and isn't shiny. I'm such a good trainer that i made her lose to a Tangela. Twice.
  • Blasto the Blastoise (lv. 36) - Back to the team! And with a moveset that just doesn't cut It anymore, but im waiting to get the perfect TMs for him. He's going wash out poison critters and bite everything else to oblivion, and nothing can stop him, not even me (?)
My objective this weekend for this team of misfits is to grid them until they can face and defeat the Fuchsia gym. Maybe i'll rotate Blasto again since Ferryman knows Psychic, and i'm considering switching MsDriller for a Golbat. Whatever the case, i'm aiming to finish the weekend with another badge in my pouch.

That, or a Chansey, a shiny Chansey. If i'm not back tomorrow evening please bring flowers to the Safari Zone, that fucker's all happy happy, pretty sure she'll be lured by them.

No side dishes this weekend, i don't think i'll have the time...

Couple chapters into Separate Ways now, really enjoying it. Intro scene was so good! Was a great, immediate reminder of how well they took the characters and ran with them for the remake. Also stunning an enemy and nailing them with a melee takedown is one of my fave things about RE4, and Ada is very serious about her takedowns. So it’s hard to complain!

I have started Silent Hill 2. I haven’t needed it yet, but I’m playing with a guide at the ready on my phone just in case. I left the puzzle difficulty at Normal but dropped the combat down to Beginner. Part of me wants to start SH3 and see which intro grabbed me more, but maybe I should just go in order.

iu

Nineteen weeks of Tears of the Kingdom and I'm still soaring at 125 hours. Now that I've solved a large number of major mysteries (to me), I'm swimming in side quests and impressing the locals with just how cool the Hero with the Shiny Sword can be. 😂 Oh, you need me to find a missing horse? Take artful pictures of local flavor? Sell 100 pieces of flint? Seek no further, fair citizenry! 😆

It’s taking me an embarrassingly long time due to my obsession with resetting entire days, but I’m about halfway through Pikmin 1 and really enjoying it! I’ve got a pretty good handle on the controls and mechanics but still terrible at combat. 🙃

Speaking of embarrassing, I recently realized that despite owning it on three separate consoles, never actually beaten any version of Super Mario Bros. 3! I’ve decided to rectify that before Wonder releases (specifically Super Mario Advance 4 because GBA happened to be the most recent NSO app I’ve opened), so that’s my side project for the weekend. Wish me luck!

Last edited:
Just finished the main story mode of Olli Olli World, good game but I’ve not got the skills to beat all the challenges haha. I have got the DLC but I’ll play that another time me thinks.

Much to my disappointment, yesterday wasn't much of a gaming day. Too much to do, too many things to worry about but hey! I had a few hours to put into Tears of the Kingdom
F7WSlBzaUAAGQ_R

I had decided once again to chase after dragon Zelda but, once again, got distracted. Jumped from one tower and realized i could reach Hyrule Castle, and so i did! Now i have the hero's tunic, all cool and renewed with a shoulder pad! Those extra 2 defense points come in handy. I also got the shrine radar function for the tablet, 60 hours in (lol)

After that, i activated a sidequest given by the goddess statue from the fountain of wisdom and set out on a journey to reach it (i only use constructs for fun and shortcuts like reaching the Hateno lab, and never use fast travel), but had to turn off the game halfway.

Today i'll most likely play Pokémon Fire Red, with the objective of beating the Fuchsia Gym. Or catching a Chansey, i don't know what will happen first.

My journey through Final Fantasy continues with Final Fantasy X. I'm sorry to say I'm not really enjoying it so far, although I'm only 8 hours or so in. It feels...limited, and the battle system isn't exactly thrilling me. Also, Blitzball has to be one of the worst MAJOR Final Fantasy minigames, right?

In any case, hopeful it picks up soon. I may also split the time with Famicom Detective Club and, of course, a little F-Zero 99 (at which I am still terrible).

While my life falls apart around me, I'll try to get sometime into YAKUZZZAAAA! 0
F7YBcPDa0AAnVux

F7YBb8jboAAJmJ8

Update on the first day of the weekend

I was mostly busy yesterday but I managed to put about 2.5-3 hours into the game. I'm still on Chapter 2, did not have much time to play during the week. It's been really fun doing all the sidequests that I've come across. Some really classics in there, like the Yanki band, which I gave one of them the wrong answer 😭 . I'm at a point where I'm still mostly doing stuff I've done before, but depending on how today goes maybe I could get further, maybe even into Chapter 4. I got lost on where to go in Chapter 2, which took am embarrassing amount of time to fix!

It turns out that I’m spending a good amount of time this weekend playing the original Ridge Racer on PS1. I’ve beaten the beginner and medium difficulty races, and just now came within a few tenths of winning the hard race. There’s not a ton of content here, but the visuals are gorgeous and the music is spectacular. It’s taken a bit of time to get used to the drifting, but I can feel myself slowly getting the hang of it. I’m having a great time!

I'm kind of in a rut, but not in a bad way. I'm just chilling through Octopath II. My wife suddenly got into shiny hunting in pokemon scarlet, so sometimes I'll play violet while she does hers, to get herbs or hunt myself. Dabble in a little F-zero 99.

Plus playing monster hunter now. It's a pretty fun casual experience.

Did you finish FF16?? I've been curious to know your thoughts!

I got called in to work so I only got one day off this week. Played some Pokémon and not much else.

I finished Fire Emblem on GBA NSO!

Eliwood as useless as he was in the past.

Hector as strong as he was in the past.

Lyn’s not legendary weapon as worthless as it was in the past.

Nino having stronger defense then most still as funny as ever.

Canas ending as depressing as ever. Punished for breaking the game with Luna I suppose.

Did you finish FF16?? I've been curious to know your thoughts!
I did! I’ve been meaning to write something up and post it in the 16 ST, but I haven’t yet. I’m not good at write-ups so I’ve been putting it off.

I absolutely loved FFXVI, and there’s no doubt that it’s my GOTY. I think it has the best action combat I’ve ever played in a video game. It has the best boss fights I’ve ever played. The story is amazing and I grew very attached to all the characters. The two biggest criticisms I have are: 1) the ending is too ambiguous, and 2) Jill got pushed to the sidelines and deserved way better than that. Otherwise, I’d put XVI near the very top of my list of favorite Final Fantasy games. It’s amazing.

I played…

Sonic Frontiers to wrap the end game and unlock the new content!

Sea of Thieves community weekend

and dipped my toes back into Palia

I did! I’ve been meaning to write something up and post it in the 16 ST, but I haven’t yet. I’m not good at write-ups so I’ve been putting it off.

I absolutely loved FFXVI, and there’s no doubt that it’s my GOTY. I think it has the best action combat I’ve ever played in a video game. It has the best boss fights I’ve ever played. The story is amazing and I grew very attached to all the characters. The two biggest criticisms I have are: 1) the ending is too ambiguous, and 2) Jill got pushed to the sidelines and deserved way better than that. Otherwise, I’d put XVI near the very top of my list of favorite Final Fantasy games. It’s amazing.
Nice! Glad to hear it! I agree with both criticisms. But like you said, the story, characters, and boss fights are awesome! I can't wait for the dlc!

Wanted to do “my weekend is over how did I do” report post. I finished my #1 goal of finishing The Legend of Nayuta Boundless Trails and had a good time overall! The combat was breezy fun like the Ys games and the boss fights were all great! Sadly my final online co-op session for the Pokemon DLC didn’t happen, but hopefully it’ll happen this coming week.

I have a fresh week ahead for gaming otherwise as I plan to start a replay of Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga! Loved that game growing up!

Back
Top Bottom