• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |9/1-9/3|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
It’s the weekend and the thread is late! Happy Friday, pals. Congrats on making it through another grueling work week. Now it’s time to kick back and relax, and if you’re US fami, it’s a long weekend!

For me, I’ll be playing the same games I was last weekend: Final Fantasy XVI, Super Mario RPG, Tearaway, and Wario World. With a special emphasis on FFXVI, because the sooner I finish that game, the sooner I can start Starfield.

Happy Labor Day!

There may be a new version of The Mayor of Sanctuary to test.

I’m off next week I have three things on my list:
  1. Clean
  2. Write
  3. Game
Not necessarily in the order. I’d like to finish my playthrough of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night and start Chrono Trigger.

If I can fit it in, I may try to revisit Trial of the Sword in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and cross it off my shame list. I don’t know, guys. I’m not good at video games. I may have to restart on Normal mode. And at that point, I may as well start Tears of the Kingdom.

My weekend will be split between two games, Starfield on my Series X, and Baldur's Gate 3 on my PS5. I don't expect to get much else done, haha.

All DLC weekend for me.

• Leaders Pack was just released for Civ VI on Switch. It'll take much of my time tomorrow
  • TMNT Shredder's Revenge survival mode is an absolute time sink. I'll play this between by Civ 6 sessions.
  • And finally. Rayman in the Phantom Show! I expect to finish this on Sunday. I'm hyped, but Rayman deserves much more than this...

I have zero hype for Starfield, not sure if i'll download it at all, despite being free with GP. I have delete some stuff from my Xbox drive and I don't want to.

I'm very close to the end of EarthBound, right before the point of no return, so I will probably finish that tomorrow. despite playing the first 5-10 hours many times over the years, this will only be the second time I've finished the game (or even made it past ~Fourside). perfect video game

planning to finally start Sephonie after that

Blasphemous II

I just 1000/1000 (+ the true ending) the first game and I'm completely engrossed by the lore and mythology of this world, growing up as a catholic gives it a whole different flavor .

I'm happy that I waited until now to start the first game since I can have the one-two punch.

Been spending half the night catching spiders it feels like, ugh...anyway, Rain Code, Double Dragon Gaiden & Armored Core 6 are my choices.

I've started a new playthrough of Pokemon Emerald! It's a comfort game at this point, just feeling nostalgic. Last time I played it was back in college, which was nearly a decade ago. I'm on my way to Dewford Town to get the second badge.

In between that I'll probably be playing Bomb Rush Cyberfunk a bit, taking my time to 100% the game and see what it all has to offer.

Probably gonna finish my SMW replay (just got Bowser's Castle and the secret worlds left) and then try to go back to FFX.

Sea of Stars.

I played it for a couple of hours today, and I can already tell I'm up for an awesome weekend of gaming.

I picked up that 3D platformer bundle on Humble and have been playing A Hat in Time. I think I'll probably be finishing up the main story on that this weekend and then moving onto the DLC. Plus probably some Vampire Survivors here and there; I used my gold coins on the DLC for that while it was still on sale.

Also, the Mario direct also gave me a craving for something Mario, so I think I'm gonna try and at least play a bit of Super Mario World. Even though I know it's a worse version, I kinda want to give the GBA version a go; the GBA was how I experienced most of the other classic Mario games, but I never had World as a kid, so it'll be neat to see what I missed out on back in the day.

Should have more free time this weekend so mainly I’ll be playing Dragon Quest 11s and hopefully make some meaningful progress in that (about 9 hours in at the moment)

Other than that, I picked up the DLC for TMNT: Shredders Revenge plus the new season of Splatoon 3 started so I would like to check that out at some point.

I've been trying the achievements for the Super Mario All-Stars Celebration Event, so I'm expecting to play a lot of Mario 3 and World this weekend, with a potential dive into SMB2.

Continuing my FF Pixel Remaster play throughs - I’m about 12 hours into IV and absolutely loving it. Should be wrapped up by tomorrow. Then like I did for the first three I’ll play through the batch of IV songs on Theatrhythm! Afterwards, not sure, probably something shorter from the backlog. Maybe Kirby and the Amazing Mirror?

Continuing my FF Pixel Remaster play throughs - I’m about 12 hours into IV and absolutely loving it. Should be wrapped up by tomorrow. Then like I did for the first three I’ll play through the batch of IV songs on Theatrhythm! Afterwards, not sure, probably something shorter from the backlog. Maybe Kirby and the Amazing Mirror?
i almost completely forgot about the pixel remasters! this year has been wild for games.

i LOVE the idea of playing Theatrhythm after each FF game!

i almost completely forgot about the pixel remasters! this year has been wild for games.

i LOVE the idea of playing Theatrhythm after each FF game!
Been trying to resist the urge to play more but I don’t want to “spoil” any of the songs upcoming from future games I haven’t played! Good problem to have haha.

Another week, more Wild Rift of course! I don't have as much time this week for it since I'm booked at work, but I DID get my sick Dream Raider Thresh ensign, so killing feels extra special. Delightful agony shall be inflicted~
In between games, or just to calm down a lil, I've still been playing Sonic Heroes on the retroid. I think I'm gonna cycle through all of the teams for each stage and get the A Ranks then and there. I'm memorizing the layouts already, there's little sense to go through half the game [Team Sonic/Rose] one crawling stage at a time, go back and get S ranks on everything, and then just do it all over for Dark/Chaotix. And I'm only up to Stage 5, so either I divert now, or hold my peace for 2 story modes.
Otherwise, I'm feeling Street Fighter VI lately- My GORGEOUS one trick Luke account, Fluke Skywalker, is a wild time playing online. If you see me on the other end, Sorry!

I think I may take another game under my wing this week but can't decide. I'm feeling something GBA...Maybe I return to Wario Land 4?

Ummm.

Fuck.

Do you really want me to say it...

Zelda.

God damn.

I cleared the 4 main quests though so I should be able to say a different game in a couple of weeks!

I'll likely finish up my journey in Final Fantasy 16 over the long weekend. I have...thoughts on it that I'm sure I'll put into words once I'm finished with the game.

Starfield on my Series X, and Baldur's Gate 3 on my PS5
Living the gaming dream, niiiice

I cleared the 4 main quests though so I should be able to say a different game in a couple of weeks!
Famous last words

As for me, my immediate goal is to finish Pikmin 4 so I can move on to Armored Core 6. Armored Core will probably take me a while to finish (anything I can’t play handheld always takes considerably longer) so I’ll have to think about what Switch games to pair up with it. Though I’m honestly tempted to jump back into Tears

I had a pretty draining week this past week and I also wasn't feeling 100% yesterday and this morning, but I think I'm past all of that and I'm fully set to enjoy the weekend! I think I'm at the end of This Way Madness Lies so I'm going to finish that up first. I had stopped two days ago after finishing Macbeth's Castle which I believed was the final dungeon, but the game has kept going. The upper end of How Long To Beat suggests it is eight hours long and I'm at seven so I must be super close. Once I'm done with that tonight I'm finally two months late going to play Rain Code!

While I was at work, my boo surprised me by setting up my Analogue Pocket and putting some games on it. So I'm gonna play Pinball of the Dead at 2 in the morning!

Sixteen weeks- almost 90 hours- and Tears of the Kingdom is once more my game of the weekend. 😂 I've made a lot of progress, but I'm easily only 60% of the way there now, just completed my second regional phenomena.

Love you Nintendo for saving me so much cash this year...

Continuing 13 Sentinels. Might go through something else as I have a ton of games, but atm not in the mood for anything else

I've got to get at least some work done this weekend, but there should be plentiful time for gaming still.

I did wave 3 of the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 dlc last night, which finally leaves me free to start Future Redeemed this weekend after completing Oracle of Seasons through the week.

It's also a Big Run weekend, and Salmon Run is basically all I play on it, so I'll be sure to get some Splatoon 3 time in, too. I'll have to remember to try out the new Salmon Run map on Monday, too.

Not going to lie, it's been a very annoying and depressing week. Had to sell all my controllers (Retro-bit Saturn, SN30 pro plus 2, Xbox Series, SN30 pro... EVERYTHING) aside of the bare minimum AND the N64 NSO one, wich i refuse to get rid of, so my possibilities have been severely limited for this weekend. This is what i'm aiming for:

Pokémon Fire Red
I switched a couple of 'mons, so the grinding to get them up to snuff has slowed me down siginificantly. Still, i'm now in the SS Anne, ready to kick some pocket asses. My team as of now:
  • Moonie the Clefairy - An asscave that makes other 'mons fall in love and doubleslaps them to oblivion later. Replaced Papillon as a future Psychic beast with potential for being an all rounder, but for now he's just a doubleslapping jerk
  • ElPreparao the Nidorino - Evolved while helping Moonie level up, and has replaced RageMonke as a fighting move user. Learned Dig in anticipation for Lt. Surge's gym.
  • MsDriller the Spearow - Catching up with everyone after being basically useless in Cerulean city. Glass cannon, but eats Oddish for breakfast.
  • Raflessio the shiny Oddish - Got myself a shiny! Thundershocked him to oblivion then catched him. Technically it was the actual replacement for Papillon as a paralyzer/poisoner, but his electric resistance will make him useful agaisnt Surge.
  • ChuPika the Pikachu - The bird slayer! Also, was oneshotted in Cerulean so i'm kind of pissed with him. Looking to overlevel him a little, teach him Dig and use him on Surge's gym. Lately, he's been a critical hit magnet.
  • Blasto the Wartortle - Been sitting on the last place of my team, waiting for everyone to catch up and ocasionally going out to drench some Pidgies
I've unshackled myself from some of my self-imposed rules. For starters, i'll replace ChuPika if i find myself a better electric pokémon (all my playthroughs always feature a Pikachu/Raichu with a different strat each time), i also used PKSM to give myself extra TMs, and plan to inject the event tickets once the flags have been activated. I'm aiming for a different adventure team overall this time, looking to shake things up a bit.

My plan for this weekend is to go through the SS Anne and bulldoze the Viridian Gym. Maybe going further than that? I dunno.

Euro Truck Simulator 2
Nothing much, really. Thankfully it has a Dualsense config through Steam Input so i can play this without fiddling (not in the mood). Looking into doing a couple more long distance deliveries, they're very lucrative, and combined with my truckers' earnings, i get almost 150000 € each three days.

LEGO 2K Drive
It's free for the weekend on Steam, so i want to give it a shot. If it has a Dualsense config.

Last edited:
Gonna try and take on the Striker cup once more in Mario Strikers Charged with my brother.

Besides that also some more TotK and Splatoon 1 ranked.

About to head to Gerudo in TOTK, saved that part of the game for last because I got Mineru early by accident. So sad that I can see the end in sight. Glorious game and was well worth the wait. Lots of shrines and stuff I didn’t do that I’ll probably get to after I beat the game or in a 2nd playthough.

Also in the middle of the last case of Great Ace Attorney 1. So good!!

Just like the last few weekends... I'm still in the midst of Xenoblade Chronicles 3. Still Chapter 6. There's so much side quests and despite my 'I-really-should-just-mainline-this' statement... I can't help it. I'm not going to leave Colony 0 sleeping in that awful prison cell environment? That couple in the City needs my help! There's... just so much to do. It's a.. idk... 300 hours JRPG for a reason.

I'm almost regretting even starting the story now but I'm also too invested in this world to stop now. Let's give everyone their freedom and solve their writer's block!

One-day-later Update: Got to Chapter 7 and did Miyabi's Hero Accension quest. Most of the other Hero Accension quests involved some important character development or long long trials or angsty battle. Miyabi's was a heartwarming Masterchef competition. I love it for all the little character interactions within the simple story.

Last edited:
I have this, started a couple of times but really dropped it at the start. Please sell me on the game so I am motivated to actually give it a serious try please! :)

I will start with the truth, the game is slow especially at the beginning mechanically! So I totally sympathize, I left it alone for a LONG time (50/50 because I jump around with games in general and that I was unimpressed). However by around the near end of act 1, I feel like two things begin to pickup: the story (I have so many positive feelings about Yuri as a main character, I like the rest of the cast but they really are just great counterpoints to him being well written rather than being wholly engaging on their own) and the mechanical depths. I am still not as a fan of how stiff it can be but when you start really engaging with the skill ssytem from the weapons, and seeing how they affect how you play? Then start getting an abundance of arts to map to the second stick + the fatal strikes? It starts to really feel remarkable. I was really harsh at the beginning for how the game felt but now? I think for me its become a really memorable and great feeling game. I am only now mid Act 2, so anything can happen, but going back has been great!

I finished Dave the Diver during the week so i'll try to start Sea of Stars this weekend but i'm very busy so i might not be able to.

I will start with the truth, the game is slow especially at the beginning mechanically! So I totally sympathize, I left it alone for a LONG time (50/50 because I jump around with games in general and that I was unimpressed). However by around the near end of act 1, I feel like two things begin to pickup: the story (I have so many positive feelings about Yuri as a main character, I like the rest of the cast but they really are just great counterpoints to him being well written rather than being wholly engaging on their own) and the mechanical depths. I am still not as a fan of how stiff it can be but when you start really engaging with the skill ssytem from the weapons, and seeing how they affect how you play? Then start getting an abundance of arts to map to the second stick + the fatal strikes? It starts to really feel remarkable. I was really harsh at the beginning for how the game felt but now? I think for me its become a really memorable and great feeling game. I am only now mid Act 2, so anything can happen, but going back has been great!
Thank you! This I needed! I think I'll give it another try tomorrow! :)

Attained an import copy of Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water, so that.

Currently playing through Chapter 3 of Armored Core VI, and I'm at the point where I'm constantly being reminded this is a FromSoft game. Camera going WILD in these boss fights and the lock on absolutely sucks.

Still can't put it down though cuz the game is great 😭

My weekend has been pretty mid tbh, I tried the Sonic Frontiers demo (they really need to allow more than just 15 minutes tbh), and I'll probably play some Smash or Splatoon for the remainder of the weekend
you definitely need more than fifteen minutes with Frontiers to get a feel for the game. It’s worth playing IMO; I’m not the biggest Sonic fan, but I played it till I got the platinum trophy for it and had a blast the whole time.

Into the 4th area of Pikmin 4 and enjoying the gameplay loop a lot, they really have lots to do and I have to force myself to stop playing at night. The only grumble I’m having is that the game is very easy right now, probably the most gradual difficulty slope I’ve seen in a long time.

Will be trying out Armored Core 6 on Sunday for the weekly couch coop

Feeling a bit disoriented because yesterday i completed one of my weekend objectives in a single session 😶

The Viridian gym has been oblivierated. It was a pretty epic battle tbh, Raflessio evolved while fighting the lackeys and then managed to get everyone poisoned despite all that Double Team bullshittery, ChuPika redeemed herself by dumbslapping Surge's first two Pokémon with Dig before being taken out by the almighty Raichu, even MsDriller proved herself by lowering Raichu's defense with Leer twice before being taken out. ElPreparao finished the job after receiving a critical Shock Wave.

By the way, Lego 2K was a stuttery mess so it was uninstalled after 10 min. My weekend is for enjoyment, not dealing with badly optimized games.

Let's see how i spend the sunday.

I tried the Sonic Frontiers demo (they really need to allow more than just 15 minutes tbh)
you definitely need more than fifteen minutes with Frontiers to get a feel for the game.

Word. I remember playing the demo and being left exactly like i started: Confused. 15 min. isn't nearly enough to get a feeling of the game, in fact you rush (heh) so much that you don't get a real feel of the open world. It didn't sell me on the game at all.

I have been playing Chrono Cross on switch, it's comfy and the turbo helps a lot. I enjoy the tropical setting and the environments are beautiful. The soundtrack seems top notch. No words on the story but I don't like having so many characters in the party because all of them seem one-note

Back
Top Bottom