• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |5/19-5/21|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Happy Friday, Fami! Welcome to your weekly “what are you playing?” thread! Where we get to tell everyone what cool new games we’re playing, what cool retro games we’re playing, maybe some folks are obsessed with multiplayer games or truck driving games (you know who you are). We play lots of different games here, and I wanna hear about them!

What’s that? Everyone is just playing Zelda still? Well darn.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Visiting relatives. I brought Zelda with me along with Advance Wars to make me pretend like I'm actually going to play something other than Zelda even though I know full well that I'm not.

I’m playing a hunting, gathering and cooking simulator right now. Which happens to be in Zelda. Weird!

It's still Zelda. How is this game so huge? I've only done one dungeon so far.

Finished Zelda last night. Should wrap up soon, I guess there's not m-

Sees the numbers of sidequests left, now that I can see them

... oh.

I have less than zero free time this weekend due to hitting a deadline but even with that infinitesimal granule of "self time" I will be exploring Hyrule in Tears. 😆

Zelda for sure, maybe something online with some friends later tonight.

How is Lego 2K Drive?

My friend and I were going to play it together. He is on PC and I was going to get it on Switch but Switch is the only platform without crossplay so went Xbox Series X. It plays nice but reeks of F2P stuff with the battlepass and fall guys like cosmetics store menu. I'm thinking I should have gotten it on PC to play on Steam Deck since I saw people post about it running well there. I would get it on sale maybe after seeing how they handle the multiplayer and balancing if you care about that aspect.

So awkward hehehe I know I said yesterday I disliked TotK but I booted it up again last night and it finally clicked so that's what I'll be playing. Still prefer BOTW by a considerable margin so far.

95% Zelda

The Bat Boy devs sent a message out to backers that they'd be sending codes out to us this weekend (which is early) so I'll spend a little Zelda-break time checking that out, as long as they actually come through.

I'm gonna get some time into the Street Fighter 6 open beta before I jump head first into TOTK again...tonight?

My answer for this thread will be Zelda for the next 3-4 months easy.

I should, however, also take the time to finish FE Engage. I'm literally just before the final battle.

I'm going to play Zelda this and the next weekend probably. Maybe I will finish Metroid Dread with my boyfriend. And also, MK8 and M3DW if some relatives appears.

I'll be doing TOTK's second dungeon and then some side adventures and fucking around for a while. My first dungeon was the Rito one, now it's Zora. Next one will probably be Gerudo, eventually

Yep, it’s still Zelda. After hitting up all of the towers and powering myself up for a while, I did my first two dungeons back-to-back and now find myself depleted on…a lotta stuff! Going to focus on restocking and gearing up before the next push.

Went back to Lookout Landing today for the first time probably since the start of the game and spent the next 30 minutes taking on and immediately completing a shit load of quests haha. I guess I should get back there more often!

Tears of the Kingdom; gonna help the Rito out this weekend so that I've done part of one of the main quest storylines.

I'm getting ready for a job interview on Tuesday too, and with a shift all day Monday, I'm gonna need time over the weekend to get ready for that, so not sure how much I'll get done in Zelda.

If I get through the Rito stuff quickly, I'll likely stay in that region of Hyrule to take care of a handful of stamps I made while exploring. Also want to get back down into the Depths to do some treasure hunting, but I think that can wait.

A standard weekend of Pokemon Sword and Rune Factory 5. I almost talked myself into starting Octopath II today, but I really gotta finish the games I'm already playing first. 😅

Started a random semi annual sonic adventure replay on Monday and now just have sonic(10%) and the finale left. Nearing the final act of of rhapsody with the final stone left(or I’m guessing). Will definitely put in some ToTK time

Zelda of Course, and a quick session of Theathrym since the crhono trigger pack released this week
I really want theathrythm but I know I want it all so I’m waiting for a sale XD

still Zelda. i have been wondering about for like 50hrs and i havent done any of the main quest yet. always in the Underground

Gonna mess around with the Street Fighter 6 beta tonight and I will be traveling tomorrow. Any other chance I get to play Zelda, I will take advantage

For the 10th weekend in a row, I’m going to tell myself I will finish Metroid Prime Remastered then circle back to Breath of the Wild.

I’m feeling ambitious so I will also lie to myself about finishing UnMetal as well.

I've been on a journey to (re)play the entire* Final Fantasy and Fire Emblem series and just finished Fire Emblem Thracia 776. It's an incredible game, I've enjoyed every game so far.

Now I'm starting FFVI again. The first time I ever played this game was on GBA, this time I'm playing the SNES version with the Ted Woolsey hack which is hopefully the definitive edition of the game. Along the way, I'll also start FE Binding Blade, but I'm trying to be careful of franchise burnout.
Since I'm a really slow player I think these games are enough for me for now. I planned to do 2 games a month, but I was supposed to start and finish FE and FF 6 this month.

I tried juggling some Splatoon 3 here and there, but I found myself neglecting the other games.

*Some games I've skipped, namely FFI, FFII, FFIII, FE Shadow Dragon NES, FE Gaiden, and FE Mystery of the Emblem. I'm also skipping some more games later on like FFXI, XIV (I still need to go back to it eventually!), FE PoR, RD, Awakening, Fates, and Echoes SoV (because I recently played them).

the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-the-legend-of-zelda.gif

Am about 55 hours in and seemingly not nowhere near close to finish.

Started a random semi annual sonic adventure replay on Monday and now just have sonic(10%) and the finale left. Nearing the final act of of rhapsody with the final stone left(or I’m guessing). Will definitely put in some ToTK time

I really want theathrythm but I know I want it all so I’m waiting for a sale XD
I made up my mind since the beginning and took the full price hit since its a musical game, with Squenix no less, chances of a sale are going to be very slim, and if they happen only for the base game as there are difference licenses for the DLC

Continuing Act 2 of Ghost of Tsushima on PS5.
Will maybe have a go of Metroid Prime Remastered or Hi-Fi Rush on Series X.
So, same as last few weekends and next few weekends...

I made up my mind since the beginning and took the full price hit since its a musical game, with Squenix no less, chances of a sale are going to be very slim, and if they happen only for the base game as there are difference licenses for the DLC
I’m on a budget and have enough backlog I figured I’d wait the 3-4 months and see what happens cause I didn’t lose anything by doing so

I guess I'll force myself to play zelda since I've bought it. I also started playing walking dead the last season on xbox.

I’m playing more Zelda this weekend. I’m closing in on 60 shrines so I’m making good progress. Going to focus on turning lights on and getting a bunch of rocks. Hope I can 100% finish the game before May ends.

More Zelda TotK, but also adding in Splatoon 3 to finish off my catalog before the new season starts. I started playing rollers and brushes seriously and the weapon types finally clicked for me lol.

Update: finished my sonic adventure replay. Time to get back into ToTK. And probably finish rhapsody this weekend

I'll be doing some low stakes exploring in Zelda with the kids. Tonight, we ran away from all monsters, ate bananas, and used a beehive sword.

I am about to switch it up for some Octopath 2 now that they are asleep because I think I would get into a lot of aimless mischief if I kept going, like GTAV but you have to build your own cars.

I'm well over 60 hours into Zelda and have no interest in stopping anytime soon. ~70 Shrines, two dungeons, Master Sword, and other goodies. Hoping to get a lot done in it this weekend, though I should probably start going to bed at more reasonable hours.

Back
Top Bottom