• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |4/19-4/21|

I actually don’t have much going on this weekend for once, so I’m taking the time to finally finish up Princess Peach Showtime! and then run through and grab any collectibles I missed. Very charming game, and I hope it does well enough to give Peach another starring role in the not-too-distant future, buuuuuut if I’m gonna be completely honest, the simplistic gameplay has somewhat worn on me towards the final act, and I’m not sure if I want to go through every stage again for the full post-game completion I’ve heard about. We’ll see though!

I’m also participating here and there in Splatoon 3’s SpringFest, repping Team Bunnies because it has probably my favorite ink color in the series to date.

there’s an overwhelming amount of content! I’m just focused on clearing the songs and not bothering with the quests. If I want to do the quests, there’s probably over a hundred hours in this game. It’s nuts.

Oh for real, unreal amount of content and that's without the DLC which takes it to unknown territory.

I'm currently doing the same - Focus on beating the songs - quests later... gonna go back for a long time.
Just done with FFX12 (playing it in order.. so I guess.. a bit more than halfway through?

I feel like I got hit by a bus physically and mentally out of nowhere so I'm just in bed on my Retroid instead of doing anything else I wanted to do. Super Monkey Ball 2 has become my lord and savior.

Last edited:
I like to pretend I'm on the Final Fantasy VII Remake train, but I've actually just now started the first part. I don't have any nostalgia for the game since I first played the original in 2018, and I've been a bit overwhelmed by it all as I've mainly been playing games with, let's say, more compact design recently.

I've also played a couple of Tetris 99 matches, which I hadn't done in a long while. It's still as good as ever, and my skills are not completely gone. I think I'm playing a lot more combo heavily than I used to, and am finding that a very satisfying way to play.

Back to Tears of the Kingdom for me! I put it on a break back in October after having done 2 of the sages (but already beaten the final boss). It's wild how in 300 hours of total playtime in both TotK and BotW I spent at least 75% of that in 3 regions. So now it's the first time I'm actually exploring the snowy area. Did/does anyone else have this as well?

Aside from tears, maybe some more DKC: Returns hard mode, but that is, as the name implies, quite hard at the moment. And I also bought Hollow Knight on sale, though I doubt I'll already play that this weekend.

Just finished the main story in Dishonored and yeah, that game kicks ass! Such a fun game, I’ll probably move on to the DLC packs for it now.
did you do a normal playthrough or did you go pure stealth? last time i tried playing it I felt like I needed to do pure stealth and found it too frustrating

currently playing through Xenoblade 2 and just finished my friend pedro.

Overall both good games.

Started Glyph. The first 2 hours were lovely, but it becomes more and more frustrating as I progress.
I played a bit more than two hours, but this was my experience as well. It got pretty challenging, and I still had so many levels left. I stopped having fun so I dropped it.

Spectacular controls and physics though. If it weren’t so brutally hard, it was be an easy recommendation.

Aside from Genshin Impact and Honkai: Star Rail I'm still working my way through Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth. Every new chapter I need to work on all the side quests that appear all over the map before I head to the next main quest so it's been pretty slow going. Also recently got Callisto Protocol from Humble Choice this and I got it installed on my Legion Go and PC so I'll probably be checking that out later today.

Well, managed to clear an Orochi warriors 4 mission! Ugh forgot how annoying weapon management is in this series tho DX. Shrug time to swap to FFIX tho

did you do a normal playthrough or did you go pure stealth? last time i tried playing it I felt like I needed to do pure stealth and found it too frustrating

High Chaos ending for me, I tried stealth but like you say it was too frustrating trying to sneak through every situation.

Just New York Times Connections and Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown this weekend. Still not managing to play the latter regularly, but that's mainly because my gaming time has reduced somewhat lately.

Everyone ... I'm afraid .... is Control .... peak?
It's peak. One of the best action games EVER if you ask me. Have you played Alan Wake II? FBC is all over that one too.

Back on my Armored Core 6 bullshit
YES. What a game. Waiting for a sale so I can rebuy on PS5 and do it all over again.

Weekend reminder that rise of the ronin is great.
Ronin looks awesome, it's definitely on my radar. I've got Nioh 2 coming up on my to-play list but if it winds up being too tough for me, I might get Ronin early since it has difficulty selection 😅

I still find funny some of the fugitive quests in Rise of the Ronin
"Kojiro the head crusher" and I'm expecting some of the big dudes with a huge club, but it turns out to be a wild dog.

Ended up starting another playthrough of Unicorn Overlord because of course I did. I'm definitely doing much better in this playthrough.

Man, some of the missions in Rise of the Ronin ends in bloodbath for things that shouldn't

Inventor "Wanna fake my dead with balloon fish posion, go buy some"
You go, the last batch was bought by some dudes that aren't really bad or anything
Proceeds to kill 5+ people with some head chopping

This weekend, I entered the Bunny Garden looking for a good time and instead found myself 17 million yen in debt and forced to work on a fishing boat...

Jy2zufu.jpeg

JduwCL5.jpeg

At my folks place so no Persona 3 this weekend. I've been mostly catching up on shows while I mootch off my parents' Netflix account but I played a little bit of Oracle of Seasons (beat a dungeon today) and Final Fantasy IV Pixel Remaster. I forgot how speedy the pacing of FF IV was.

Finally hit Platinum with Ed!!!! It only took me .... I'd rather not say, AND I got my first 10 win streak in the game, so I came back after getting Platinum hearing this corny ass rap in the game for the first time .... super satisfying, this game is amazing

cfxYmw2.png

My weekend report - it was great! Didn’t end up playing too many personal games, just Love Live School Idol Festival 2 and Final Fantasy XVI The Rising Tide (which I really enjoyed, especially the big Leviathan battle), but I did also get to hang out with one my best friends and played a lot of Pikmin 3 co-op, River City Girls, and an extra long round of Fortune Street (5x the normal goal for the DQ woods map) together. Still no idea what I’m playing myself heading into this week, but I’ll figure it out tomorrow.

I had a wildly busy weekend, plus a lot of up and down personal stuff. Not a lot of gaming got done at all. Maybe I can right the ship this week.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

I got in a fair bit of Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth Sunday, although later at night since the younger kid refused to go down at naptimes. I'm seeing that Rebirth is 100 hours, though, so if things continue like this it'll take me most of the year to finish. :/

I got in a fair bit of Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth Sunday, although later at night since the younger kid refused to go down at naptimes. I'm seeing that Rebirth is 100 hours, though, so if things continue like this it'll take me most of the year to finish. :/
SAME

Back
Top Bottom