• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |4/19-4/21|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Hiya fami! Welcome to the weekly weekend thread. We’ve made it through a grueling workweek, and our reward is.. a grueling weekend. Life never ends. But maybe we can squeeze in some time for games here and there before Monday hits!

——————

I haven’t spent any time with Final Fantasy VII Rebirth all week after last weekends’s marathon sessions, but I’ll definitely be getting back to it now. I’m starting chapter six, Costa Del Sol. I’m eager to have some fun in the sun!

My other main game this weekend will be SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake. I’m a couple hours in at this point, and I’m impressed. The production values are pretty decent, for a licensed 3D platformer at least. The actual platforming itself feels really good. And the environments are built to encourage exploration. There are often more ways to get to a specific location than the obvious one the devs intended, and that always makes me feel smart. It’s good, and I’m having fun.

Other than that, not much for me. I’ve got to replace my water heater this weekend, and my dad’s birthday is tomorrow. Along with all the other usual weekend stressors. It’s gonna be busy!

——————

So what are you playing this weekend? Let us know! Stay safe and have fun, fam!

Got work all weekend so not a ton of time till Monday when I'm off. But I keep chipping away at FFIX and trying to get back into Orochi Warriors 4 with Just Cause 2 and Ace Combat 7 as pace breakers

It's FF7 Rebirth time! At least on Sunday, when I should have a few hours free. I expect my partner will be playing Eiyuden Chronicles on the Switch in handheld mode while I use the bedroom TV.

Other than that, I'll probably give a few retro games a go, yet again replaying Dracula X and Super Mario Bros. 3.

I started Outer Wilds last night, so I'll be continuing that. I'm going in blind for my first playthrough and now that I'm a few hours in I see why.
I laughed so hard when I was launched by a geyser 10 minutes in, died, and the credits rolled. I just assumed there was no fall damage or that I'd respawn.

I’m currently playing through Dishonored on Steam Deck, think I’m about halfway through but it’s such a great game. It’s got a great look and plays brilliantly.

On Switch I’ve started playing Enter The Gungeon, really like it so far, really fun to play and I just beat the first boss so will save and continue that run later.

In terms of life stuff, got to get out in the garden and take an old gate down, dig up and remove an old flower bed, lay concrete slabs down in prep for putting up a new shed……going to be a busy one haha.

Have a great weekend Fami!

It's Springfest time in Splatoon 3! That's gonna get most of my attention this weekend. I'm also plugging away at Princess Peach: Showtime!, and while the second half of the game is better, I've had to once again restart a few levels (some multiple times) because I somehow missed a collectible or because I didn't do a segment perfectly and that meant no collectible. Ugh.

After Indie World, I purchased stitch. and I'm playing it here and there - I'm gonna try to do every daily puzzle I can. It's a neat game that puts me into kind of a trance - may be best to treat this as a YouTube/podcast game to not get lost in it.

Continuing Control hopefully. Liking it a lot so far, but my being busy and Street Fighter addiction is getting in the way : (

Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes. Not sure how far I am but it has been a blast. I'm always re-running battles for S rank or just low on gil in general. I have a rough idea of my 'mains' but it is good to 'reunite' with the all Three Houses characters. In my Scarlet Blaze run, Ashe is miserable but everyone else is just having a blast. Raphael is as gloriously himbo as I remember and someone is going to have to be benched so that I can always have him on the team.

I've also managed to get my hands on a very affordable set of LEGO Luigi's Mansion. So I'm going to spend a couple of hours just putting the LEGO set together while listening to some good podcasts.

People are playing some great games right now 😮

I’m continuing on with Final Fantasy XVI. Seems like I’m getting fairly close to the end. Probably some Tetris Effect and Rez will find their way on screen too.

TotK and Diablo II on Switch.

There's absolutely TOO much I want to get into this weekend....

Exoprimal Season 4 is out and the new suits have been really fun. Hope to get into all the Megaman collab stuff too.

Splatoon 3's next splatfest is happening. The Springfest! I don't know if I'll play the entire thing but at least to Champion 🐰

I haven't played Dragon's Dogma 2 in about a week, gotta get back on it and work on some more quests as well. Maybe even push the story forward? (Nah lol)

Also those demos from the latest indie showcase, Antonblast and Europa. I knew about the former before and a bit surprised it got on the Switch before the other "Wariolike" Pizza Tower but that's cool. The latter seems chill.

Last edited:
Unlikely to be much with me being gone for most of Record Store Day tomorrow, but I'm hopeful I can wrap up Alan Wake or get close to it on Sunday

I will continue to be playing Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster. After a sluggish part, the game has grown on me and it managed to finally hook me. I am about halfway at least.

ToTK and maybe I'll try out Star Fox 64 on the NSO while my damn legs decide to be comfortable again in my pc chair.

Since Capcom seems to be unwilling to cut the price of Apollo Justice in other regions other than Europe, I took advantage of the indie sale and downloaded Katana Zero. So I'll be going through that.

I started Outer Wilds last night, so I'll be continuing that. I'm going in blind for my first playthrough and now that I'm a few hours in I see why.
I laughed so hard when I was launched by a geyser 10 minutes in, died, and the credits rolled. I just assumed there was no fall damage or that I'd respawn.
Oh, boy, you're in for a treat! Have fun

Quite a mixture of things:
Freedom Planet 2: Holy crap, this was cooked very well. DiDuro did dit again, excellent platformer. Someone please give her a huge budget for her next game please!
Logiart Grimoire: So far it's pretty standard picross and I'm sweeping through it. I hear there are some big ones later on, so this might keep me busy for a while.
Grounded: I did play this on GP a little now I get to focus on better on a handheld. Much sweeter version of games like Ark or Rust.
Planet of Lana: Basically a Limbo in daylight. Thus much prettier than Limbo.
Botany Manor: Just started this and I expect some big mind twisters similar to Talos Principle. I love things that are serene and disturbing at the same time.

PS Portal:
FF7Rebirth: I'm getting close to the inevitable end. Quite a journey, story was told much better than the first part did.
Horizon Forbidden West: Just got Minerva, four left. Aloy is steadily rising on my list of favorite PS protags.

I’ve recently gotten a Steam Deck OLED and have been playing/emulating some stuff on it, namely Ar Tonelico 2 (a PS2 JRPG by Gust (Atelier) and Bandai Namco). Probably gonna play more of it if I have the time.

This weekend might be the one I finally beat Bloodborne. Might jump back into my  SM64 run to wrap it up... I'm trying to think of what games I could queue up next for emulation. Might take this opportunity to finally knock out an old specter of legend though...

I’ve recently gotten a Steam Deck OLED and have been playing/emulating some stuff on it, namely Ar Tonelico 2 (a PS2 JRPG by Gust (Atelier) and Bandai Namco). Probably gonna play more of it if I have the time.
Congrats!

I’ve had mine for a few weeks now, and I still need to set up some emulators. I’ve been using it entirely for Steam games so far. But I’d really like to get Cemu up and running on this thing.

I somehow have a social-activity filled weekend so less gaming time than usual. I will however put some time into Picontier, an even-more-simplified version of Harvest Moon/Stardew Valley. No seasons, no festivals, more mystery and exploration. Also half the NPCs are much weirder, including your robot companion, a talking fruit tree, a beaver made out of water, a ghost, and a giant living teddybear thing fused to a tree. Yeah even I dunno about that one.

Continuing Unicorn Overlord, Bloodstained Ritual of the Night (on Switch... which some are saying is not a good version, but I'm not having many issues?) and may finally dip back into my first ever Xenoblade Chronicles playthrough (have never played the series).

InCube8 Games has another game to test: Specimen 134 (GBC). It just put the next build up, and I barely started playing the first one so I’ll be downloading the new build and starting over. 🤷‍♀️

Once again, I will try to actually play Super Mario RPG (Switch).

I also got Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon (Switch), but I don’t know if I’ll get around to it.

Finished the main story of The Rising Tide in FFXVI yesterday, the Leviathan fight was P E A K, going to clean up the rest of the side quests and try the Kairos Gate mode.

Dragon Quest XI

I just dabbled a bit in replaying it as a sort of tribute after Akira Toriyama passed away but I succumbed to the eternal and fabulous greatness that is Sylvando and am obsessed once again lol.

More Pokemon Crystal Legacy (GBC), just getting prepared for round two of the Elite Four. I like that Kanto still feels breezy but is definitely tougher than in the original, where it was a glorified victory lap before Red.

Aside from that... I'm not actually sure. I want to start something new but not sure what exactly, good ol' choice paralysis. Might be I just look through my backlog or Gamepass and see what's enticing.

I'm back on Tears of the Kingdom after like dropping it mid playthrough last year because I sunk too much time into it.

I expect to finish Chapter 8 of Rebirth, which is an absolute blast that almost made me cry sad nostalgic tears at the beginning.

Maybe I'll even finish the first case of The Great Ace Attorney, too! Why is that so long?!

Finished the main story of The Rising Tide in FFXVI yesterday, the Leviathan fight was P E A K, going to clean up the rest of the side quests and try the Kairos Gate mode.
I feel like I’m XVI’s no.1 fan around these parts so your tag feels like fightin’ words.

course you’ve finished Rising Tide and I’m not even gonna start it for a while because I’m in the middle of Rebirth so maybe this isn’t a fight I can win

Going to start Triangle Strategy tomorrow after work. Been looking forward to finally getting to it after hearing a bunch a positive impressions.

Looking like I’ll have a busy next few days afterwards, but tonight and Saturday at least I have some good free time! I’ll have to figure out a third game to play over the weekend (I’ve kicked around a few ideas) since my first two likely won’t cover the free time I do have. I’m still playing Love Live School Idol Festival 2 for its last 40 days or so. There’s potentially the final event going on so I’m aiming for the Top 100 in the You fan leaderboard again and I’m also still working my way through all of the Expert songs. Just finished every Aqours song on Expert, so I’m focusing on Liella’s songs next before I wrap up with Nijigasaki.

The bigger game I have planned is the Final Fantasy XVI Rising Tide DLC. I just got Leviathan’s powers so I’m still early, but it doesn’t seem too large overall so I expect I’ll finish it either tonight or early tomorrow. Not too much to say just yet, but the new area seems cool!

I’m about 35 hours into my first Final Fantasy X playthrough so looking to knock some more out of that this weekend! I’ve also gotten started with FF XIV thanks to the complete edition sale a couple weeks back and have been knocking out the MSQ dungeon quests with a buddy - what a great experience that has been so far. I imagine I’ll make some more progress there this weekend. Nothing else aside from that - it’s already bugging me to have two big games going on at the same time!

I had a minor medical issue this week so I didn't get to game as much as I would've liked. Weekend looks a little stacked with RL so I don't know how much I'll actually get to game. Hopefully though I can finish my Final Fight tour with the last 3 stages on the Haggar run and then move onto something else. Maybe a demo (I seem to have added like another 5 from Indie World this week alone) or another game in the Capcom Beat 'Em Up Collection. I'm also not really in the mood for another Splatfest but I'll at least fire up Splatoon to collect the event banner tonight or tomorrow.

I also want to get back to Picross S1 since I was stuck on a puzzle last night and I'd love to be able to finish that one up.

I'm in between games right now, as I just finished up and got the Platinum trophy for Freedom Planet 2. That's how much I enjoyed it that I got the Platinum without feeling like it was tedious or I was going through the motions.

So, I'm looking at my Wii games, and am interested in going back to something from that era. Waxing nostalgic, as it were. Going to stream some Tearaway: Unfolded Sunday night, which has continued to delight me with its platforming fun and charm.

started playing Death Stranding with my partner today so probably gonna be digging into more of that. the only other Kojima game I've played for more than a few minutes is MGS3 and, while I think certain aspects of the dude's style are absolutely worthy of criticism, gosh do I love this nonsense lmao. so many ridiculous interconnected ideas and bits of imagery that are a bit silly on the surface but are clearly trying to communicate something interesting. and I've literally never played a game that looks anywhere near as Realistic as this. I would never want every video game to be Like This but as someone who never plays contemporary non-nintendo AAA games it really feels like a bit of a special treat—very grateful for and happy with the recent Mac port.

I bought Edge of Eternity during the Steam sale a while back and I've been pretty hooked, so I might continue that. If I can, I'll also make time to go through my VNs*, but given how this looks like a busy weekend, I don't think I will be able to game much at all.

At least the weather is forgiving with how cold it is.

*yeah all those VNs I wanted to read in autumn? Didn't read a single one of them. Yikes.

I feel like I’m XVI’s no.1 fan around these parts so your tag feels like fightin’ words.

course you’ve finished Rising Tide and I’m not even gonna start it for a while because I’m in the middle of Rebirth so maybe this isn’t a fight I can win
Maybe it's an AND && and not an or | | so it's inclusive with being a Sparks of Hope fan

Been into action stuff lately. Wanted Dead was pretty good. I started a save file for the PC port of Bayonetta so I'm derusting while clearing through the lower modes and gathering unlocks. Might play some Nioh 2. All my discord friends are playing Elden Ring for reasons so I hopped on for a bit so I could be a summon if they need me. It'd be nice to play something a bit more fresh to me but Idk.

It’s really hard adjusting to games using duel analogs after playing stuff on Steam Deck, the right stick on the joycon is in such an awkward spot. Playing Enter The Gungeon after playing Dishonored on the Steam Deck highlights just how awkward it is haha.

There's a bit of a lull in the release schedule, so I went back and finished Pikmin 2 this past week after getting pretty far in the game last year when Pikmin 1 & 2 released on Switch. For some reason, Pikmin 2 was the only game in the Pikmin series that I hadn't beaten yet, and I LOVE the Pikmin series. Pikmin 4 is definitely still my favorite in the series, and I'm conflicted on whether I like Pikmin 2 or 3 more. I would have said 2 was easily better before I fought the final boss which took me forever.

This weekend I think I'm going to keep with the theme of playing older games and start a new save in Pokemon SoulSilver. I just randomly thought of that game the other day and how much I love it, definitely one of the best if not the best game in the series.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

I was fighting the final boss in A Link Between Worlds last night, and that was the first time I ever died in this game. I got annoyed and quit, but I'll get back to it today.

Also steadily wrapping up my FF7 Remake Replay. I think playing through it again is helping me to ease off the FF7 train and move on to other things when I'm done.

Theatrhythm final bar line has been taking up the bulk of my gaming time this past week and will continue to do so for the rest of the weekend I think

Theatrhythm final bar line has been taking up the bulk of my gaming time this past week and will continue to do so for the rest of the weekend I think
there’s an overwhelming amount of content! I’m just focused on clearing the songs and not bothering with the quests. If I want to do the quests, there’s probably over a hundred hours in this game. It’s nuts.

Back
Top Bottom