• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |3/29-3/31|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Iiiiiiiiiiit’s Fridaaaaaaaay! Welcome to Famiboards’ Weekly Weekend thread. This is your one-stop-shop for telling folks about the games you’re playing and to read about what games other folks are playing. Allegedly, we all play video games here, so let’s hear about them!

——————

I’ve got two main games this weekend: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth and Chants of Sennaar.

In Rebirth, I just finished chapter three and am about to start chapter four, which is the Junon area. I’m thirteen hours in, and I feel like I’m positively crawling through this game, but really I’m just taking my time with it. Savoring it. This is a special game and I don’t want to rush through it.

Chants of Sennaar is a game I just started last night on the Steam Deck. I’ve played an hour, and already it’s gotten its hooks into me. I love the main idea of deciphering glyphs. I’m a bit worried by that tiny little stealth segment that the beginning introduced, because it wasn’t very good and because I bought the game to decipher glyphs, not to play mediocre Metal Gear Solid. I hope there’s not a lot of stealth. But otherwise, so far so good!

I might also play a little bit of Theatrhythm Final Bar Line and Halo: Combat Evolved as well, but I’m not sure. Neither are a priority this weekend.

——————

What games are you planning on spending time with these next few days?

Here’s to a great weekend!

I was going to start Unicorn Overlord but then I bought Persona 3, so most likely I'm going to have choice paralysis and end up not playing anything.

I did start a new file in FF VII Remake just to see if my opinion about it has changed since Rebirth. I'm probably not going to finish a full playthrough. Maybe just something familiar to play when I can't think of anything else which is what I've been doing FF VII playthrough on Switch. I'm about 12 hours in after buying the game in like 2018 or 2019 so progress on that front is obviously very slow.

Dragon's Dogma 2 (PS5). Maybe I'll do more story missions instead of exploring lol.

Last edited:
This week in "I don't even remember how this ended up in my Steam library", I'm playing some Escape from Tethys (a very Metroid-ass metroidvania) and Super House of Dead Ninjas (a roguelike that sorta plays like a really fast-paced Ninja Gaiden)

Will probably also try to check out F-Zero Maximum Velocity on Switch at some point

I should finally finish Mario RPG this weekend and possibly even Metroid Fusion. After Mario RPG I want to start with Tears of The Kingdom which I just recently purchased about a week ago.

Almost at the end of edf2025 on normal with ranger. After I finish that I’m back to SCVI or Ace Combat 7 as my pacebreaker.
Tempted to start Mass effect but Pikmin 2(got one cave left in the third area and the fourth area left) and FFIX are my main focus

Maybe try to get back to ai Somnium files

Switch - Skullgirls for Marie who was added this week.
Steam Deck - No Man's Sky for the new update.
PS5 - Rise of the Ronin which is amazing and Fate Samurai Remnant DLC.
Xbox Series X - More Diablo IV with a friend.
iPhone - Hades on Netflix.

I’m on double RPG duty now: Final Fantasy XVI and Trails from Zero! And a little Balatro on the side
MV5BMTMzNjQwNjAzN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzExNDc0Mg@@._V1_.jpg

Easter weekend so there will be family stuff, but I plan on getting more Rebirth gametime in.

I’m feeling the best I’ve been in a long while so the two main games I’m playing are final fantasy 7 rebirth and Pokémon heart gold. I played heart gold for two hours straight this morning g and boy did it feel good

I did not manage to finish Persona 3 Reload last weekend so I'll be working on that this weekend. And part of the reason I didn't finish is because I ended finding Forspoken for $25 which was low enough for me to bite, so I'll be playing that this weekend too.

Have 4 more levels in DKC Returns to return to for the final puzzle pieces. After that, I'm not sure if I'll immediately continue for all the gold medals and hard mode clears, but I definitely do want to try that soon-ish.

Aside from that, I will be enjoying some final moments of Splatoon 1 online, now that the end of its servers is very near. Already did a couple matches this afternoon and was once again caught by surprise on how fun it actually is. Had a match on Bluefin where it was me and another squid laying low in the trenches with near constant snipers poking us. We weathered the storm and still won! I'm sad to see it go, as it's in my opinion still the pinnacle of the series. The map design, pace and sheer brokenness that reeks the game makes it really phenomenal.

So my mission to try to cheese shrines in Tears of the Kingdom every now and then and post it in Creative Endeavours here on the site kind of got out of hand…

I’ve now managed to, uh, cheese 77 shrines, and plan to make a video on it.

It's still FF7 Rebirth (PS5), currently in Gongaga.

Might also check out the new league of Path of Exile (XSS), but not sure if I really want to go deep into it.

Unlike the previous weeks, I just finished Saints Row The Third, so it is time to finally experience classic 16-bit Final Fantasy with Final Fantasy IV Pixel Remaster. Final Fantasy is not really a series I have much experience in (I only beat I (the GBA version. My favorite of all the three), X and XII of the mainline ones, as well as the two FFTA), so I am curious with the SNES ones.

Hmmm...which of the 17 things I've decided to juggle will I tackle this weekend...

Probably just more Rebirth! I just made it to chapter seven which appears to be another open zone, so I'll probably spend the weekend chilling out in the Corel region cleaning up mobs for Chadley.

I also bought that there Peach game to play with my son. I'm hoping he lets me play new stages and doesn't just ask me to replay the swordfighter stage over and over.

Ill be finishing Princess Peach Showtime most likely. Im on the third floor I dont know how many floors are left. I didint buy this game on launch but a few days later it got the best of me and im super glad I bought it. The game is 10x better than the demo was. Tbh I think the demo hurt the game more so than helping it.

Ill also be playing more Donkey Kong Country Tropical freeze because I just started replaying it since I first beat it on Wii U back in the day. Game is just as fantastic as I remembered it.

Between those games Ill probably play some rounds of smash ulitmate and some mario kart 8 online. And for my fps fix Ill probably play some Team Fortress 2 on PC im almost to 5000 hours on tf2 lol.

Edit: Oh and Fzero 99. I play Fzero99 every weekend. Such an addicting game!

I will most likely finish Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth this weekend, maybe even today! I'm ready to stop side questing and go straight to the end. After Remake's ending, I should probably buckle in for another wild ride. Looking forward to it!

So my mission to try to cheese shrines in Tears of the Kingdom every now and then and post it in Creative Endeavours here on the site kind of got out of hand…

I’ve now managed to, uh, cheese 77 shrines, and plan to make a video on it.
I would watch that video!

I should have plenty of gaming time thanks to the long weekend, but today I am simply too drunk to game thanks to a mid-afternoon sports match with our local rivals (which we won!).

I started Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown on Wednesday and hugely enjoyed what I played, but I only managed 45 minutes of it so I'm eager to really sink my teeth into it and get a proper feel for the game.

Given it's a weekend, I'll do my best to get a lengthy helping of Baldur's Gate 3 in. I've found the Arcane Tower in the Underdark, and recognise I'll need some healthy prep and planning to explore it, which means I need both spare time and energy.

My neurological condition and general health have been poor for a few weeks now, which makes stuff like that more difficult and have led to me watching more TV rather than playing videogames, so here's hoping for a good weekend to build on today's win.

Super Mario Maker 2. My creative bulb turned on a couple days ago and I've been working on a new level. I'm sure I'll play some other games as well.

Four day weekend!

My main game at the moment is Red Dead Redemption on Nintendo Switch, really enjoying it, only about 3-4 hours in so far but it’s good stuff.

Not got anything on the go on Steam Deck right now, might possibly play some retro stuff I have on it but we shall see

Have a great one Fami!

I have three chapters left for The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, so I'll be finishing that up.

I've also felt like revisiting Tears of The Kingdom recently, so I might mess around with that for a bit as well.

Long weekend here, so decided to start playing the original Dragon Quest in anticipation for the Dragon Quest 3 HD-2D Remake. Might see about getting to Dragon Quest 2 if I have the time, although I hear it isn't strictly necessary to play that game before 3.

Progressing though FF7 Rebirth on my PS5+Portal. It's... okay. Never been a fan of the Blade Runner-esque world of FF7 but combat is super fun. The new English VA is disappointing though.

On Switch I've just started Kingdom Come Deliverance (someone needs to change the icon please) after beating Peach and I have Outward and Pepper Grinder to deal with at the same time.

Gearing up for an…interesting weekend for games. I’ll be playing Love Live School Idol Festival 2 of course as there’s only two months left before shutdown. I think there’s a new event this weekend? Not sure. I did ultimately place in the top 100 You fans for the prior event which was cool. (That’s the character’s name (read Yo) if that was ever unclear haha).

As for the big games, I was originally planning to play Unicorn Overlord but my Switch is out of commission until at least Wednesday since the battery is swollen and the top of it is coming apart. I still wanted a break though before rolling into Dragon’s Dogma II, so I started both Granblue Fantasy Relink and Penny’s Big Breakaway last night. I was pretty tired so much so I exited both games quickly (basically did the first level each) and I don’t think I could properly judge them with how little I played, but even so, hmm I’m not sure I’m into either. I’ll be giving both of them another try this weekend and I expect to stick with at least one of them, but in the off chance I bounce off both for now I’ll roll into Dragon’s Dogma II.

I’m on double RPG duty now: Final Fantasy XVI and Trails from Zero! And a little Balatro on the side

Super excited to hear your thoughts on both, but especially Trails BLG! Hope you enjoy both of them :)

Stellar Blade Demo

Baten Kaitos HD (first game)

Princess Peach Showtime

I also just ordered that new 2D Sonic game that released last October. It was only $25. I'll probably play that with either my wife or see if I can get my son into playing it (he's 3yo).

I finished Peach Showcase yesterday, next game i play will be Odin Sphere i think, i wanted to play that before Unicorn.

I'll give F-Zero Maximum Velocity a try too, never played that one.

Going to put a group together to rush farm the new Warframe stuff, then spend the rest of the weekend becoming the best sword-er who ever sworded in Wandering Sword. I just ahem entered the Wudang Sect. :LOL:

Picked up my DS again and was delighted when I found the Dragon Quest VI save I started a while ago. Got sucked right back in. Always felt that this one got unfairly ignored or even maligned though admittedly it can be a bit convoluted and directionless at times. After you defeat Murdaw it loses some of its narrative drive for a while. Still prefer it to IV though it doesn't touch V.

I was jumping between some Final Fantasy games the other week and if I find the time I will continue VI or IX with the Moguri Mod. Had to temporarily shelve XVI after reaching the (I think) midway point. Was playing it with my girlfriend watching and neither of us was having any fun with it so it's going into the backlog for a while.

End game approaches in the magnificent Triangle Strategy, as I have made my choice- my party is now lesser some allies but our conviction soars as we make our final moves. 70 hours in on Hard Mode for the first time and really loving every minute of it, this honestly is the Tactics successor I've always wanted, it's so incredibly rewarding and fun and gorgeous to engage with at the end of the day.

... Except knowing I was thiiiiiiiiiiis close to
achieving the optimal / Golden Route without a guide, simply of my own volition
but my damn party members didn't want to follow one of my decisions. 😂 Ah well. They steered me correctly in another area I suppose, so I'll forgive the motley lot. I can see why some people immediately jump into a replay to see that fabled legendary campaign, but I think I need a break from constantly losing missions in a tactical RPG for a moment. 😂

I plan to beat this this weekend and try something new.

The flu's really taking a toll on me right now, but maybe later I'll play a bit more of Tales of Arise or Finding Paradise.
Feel better, rest up, and relax!

I beat Rebirth.

I give it a Good out of 10. Have a lot of issues with certain stuff. Like too many mini games. Poorly paced, writing is still an issue and the game has this bad habit of slowing you down to a crawl for no reason. To be honest game could’ve been shorter, a few chapters felt like padding for no reason. And my biggest issue (not seriously) too much Sephiroth lolz

Now the wait for Part 3 commence.

Trying to decide between Unicorn Overload or finishing Persona 5 Royal.

I'm sorry I missed this thread Red. Went drinking with friends and subsequently paid the price in throbbing headaches. So uhhh, no video games for me this weekend! I'mma put a podcast on, bring the punching bag out, and knock the stuffing out of it like I'm playing Home Run mode in Smash Bros.

Updated weekend plans for me - my replacement Switch battery arrived five days early and after two hours (the old one was like melded in there…) I think I’m back up and running! I need to charge it to 100% wait two hours and then exhaust it, so Unicorn Overlord in handheld is on tonight!

In the brief gap before that happened after writing my prior post, I played through the first world of Penny’s Big Breakaway and now that I have a better feel for it, I’m feeling positive I’ll be sticking with it. Four games would be a lot to juggle, but I do plan to play Granblue Fantasy Relink still at least to get a better sense of how I feel about it.

Before I hopped back in to Rebirth this evening, I actually picked up and played about an hour of Pokemon Crystal Legacy. I hadn't played this in a few months, but I was able to jump right back in no problem. I did a little bit of grinding, then went through Ice Cave to Blackthorn City. I remember the boulder puzzles and sliding ice puzzles in Ice Cave being so hard when I was a kid, but they're ridiculously easy now, even at 4X speed. I'll give Claire a shot and see if my team of level 40s is enough for her. In regular Crystal it would be for sure, but Legacy gave the gym leaders new teams with higher levels.

Side note @Dardan Sandiego - I saw the dev team for Legacy say that Yellow Legacy is coming sometime in April!

Finished FFV yesterday so this weekend will finally be different!

Time to focus on Jet Force Gemini… BUT I also started Pokemon Black 2 since Pokedoku put me in a Pokemood and I randomly bought this one many years ago but never played it!

I actually picked up and played about an hour of Pokemon Crystal Legacy.
Oh crap I do need to get back to my Nuzlocke run of that. I've been impressed with the reworked Gym Leaders. Their teams are not simple overleveled perfect IV beasts. Just smartly designed and incorporating strats you only usually see in competitive.

I intend to take a step away from my newly found Vampire Survivors obsession, and start either Chicory or Pentiment.

Before I hopped back in to Rebirth this evening, I actually picked up and played about an hour of Pokemon Crystal Legacy. I hadn't played this in a few months, but I was able to jump right back in no problem. I did a little bit of grinding, then went through Ice Cave to Blackthorn City. I remember the boulder puzzles and sliding ice puzzles in Ice Cave being so hard when I was a kid, but they're ridiculously easy now, even at 4X speed. I'll give Claire a shot and see if my team of level 40s is enough for her. In regular Crystal it would be for sure, but Legacy gave the gym leaders new teams with higher levels.

Side note @Dardan Sandiego - I saw the dev team for Legacy say that Yellow Legacy is coming sometime in April!
What is this Crystal Legacy you speak of?

Back
Top Bottom