• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |3/22-3/24|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
It’s Friday! Welcome to Famiboards’ Weekly Weekend Thread, where we tell everyone about all that video games that we want to play over the next few days.

This was a big week for releases; Dragon’s Dogma 2, Princess Peach Showtime, and Rise of the Ronin all came out today. Are you playing one of them? Still playing Rebirth? Maybe something retro, or something from your backlog? Let us know!

——————

I’ve got two games on the docket for this weekend: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth and Theatrhythm Final Bar Line.

In Rebirth, I’ve finally been able to start putting some time in. I just got the chocbo for the grasslands and finally feel like I’m free to start fully exploring this area. There’s so much to do!

In Theatrhythm, I’m slowly making my way through all the main titles. Right now I’m working on XIV, which I’ve never played, but dang does it have some killer music. I finally feel like I’ve found a control scheme that works for me, too. I’m really starting to get in the groove with this one.

I might start something else this weekend too, but I’m not sure what. I’ve got Halo: CE going, but it got paused for Penny a few weeks ago. Maybe I’ll go back to that, or maybe I’ll start something completely new. Who knows.

——————

That’s all from me today, folks. Stay safe and have a great weekend!

Nintendo Switch: Balatro
Steam Deck: Horizon Forbidden West
PS5 - Hi Fi Rush
Xbox - Diablo IV
iPhone - Hades

05d52ef5-ec22-4083-8a93-047d7ff7b0fe_text.gif

It is Octopath Traveler 2 ending week for me. I am currently doing the endgame portion and the goal is to finish it this weekend. On top of that, I also started somewhat recently Saints Row III: so far it is a nice GTA-like, although I am a couple of hours in.

Still in FFXIV mode. Got my shiny armor from Eureka this week so I'll need a new project to work on. May start working on a Heavensward relic weapon for Warrior. I have Warrior up to level 75 now so I've been thinking about which class I'll want to level next. Having trouble deciding between Dancer and Samurai. 3 of the 4 classes I currently play are melee DPS so I sorta want to add Samurai to the collection but also by the same token I sorta want to play Dancer for something different. Tough decisions ahead.

Probably:

Balatro (steam)
Roboquest (steam)
Mario rpg remake (switch)
Metroid Fusion (nso)

Wowie zowie, it's the weekend.

Well, aftering zipping through Curse of the Golden Idol earlier this week, I started Momodora: Moonlit Farewell, which I expect to finish shortly. It's nice to play some shorter games again.

Peach is delayed until Monday so I'll be finishing Star Ocean 2 and maybe starting Unicorn Overlord if I have time. Even if I am tempted to play Star Ocean 2 again now that I know what I am doing since I missed a lot from before that part that locks out story content.

I am still in the midst of Atelier Ryza 2. Maybe I'm in a slump or something but I don't always want to be playing my Switch. Sometimes I just want to sit in front of my laptop after work and doom-scroll.

Having said that, when I do get around to picking up the Switch to play the game, there's something about alchemy mode that unleashes the sicko mode. Progress has been REALLY really slow because I'm trying to complete all the side quests AND alchemy-ing before I progress the main story. It's just fun to bit by bit unlock the alchemy tree or maximize important equipment abilities. I'm barely getting through the main storyline.

Basically, I'm somewhat foot-dragging in gaming. But when I do, I can't stop. Help.

I've been chipping away at LEGO Builder's Journey throughout the week. It's got nice blocky dioramas suffused with a mellow mood, perfect for unwinding at the end of a busy day.

I do want to try something meatier for the weekend though. I was planning on finally starting on Baldur's Gate 3, but circumstances have once again conspired to separate me from my PC. So I might just play through Cuphead DLC, which I'd been saving for a while now.

My Drakengard 3 stream continues. I was pretty apprehensive to show that one to friends, but they seem to like it a lot thank god. $40 of eshop gift cards fell into my lap yesterday so I got Unicorn Overlord with that and I intend to flip between that and SMT4 for my handheld fix. If Drakengard wraps up early I'll probably start House in Fata Morgana or Sakura Wars(2019) unless I'm held at gunpoint to stream Drakengard 1 and wrap up the Taroverse.

Mainly:
YjpBSH1.gif

Subbed to a month of PS+ to try out some PS5 stuff (translated here for @Aurc):
  • Ratchet & Bloke: A Bloke Apart
  • Reblokeal
  • Horizon: Forbidden Bloke
Once I see about those, I'll start in on Final Blokeasy XVI if there's time.

Demon's Turf on PC. This game has really roped me in and got me going for the full 100% achievement sweep. I've just got the achievements tied to beating the par times on every level left and usually that's where I'd nope out of a game, but I'm genuinely having fun going back to older levels and finding out how to skip whole sections with the powers they give you later on

On Switch, probably more Mario Golf GBC, along with getting the last spirits in Smash Ultimate and doing some splatfest stuff in Splatoon 3

Mainly:
YjpBSH1.gif

Subbed to a month of PS+ to try out some PS5 stuff (translated here for @Aurc):
  • Ratchet & Bloke: A Bloke Apart
  • Reblokeal
  • Horizon: Forbidden Bloke
Once I see about those, I'll start in on Final Blokeasy XVI if there's time.
Thanks for this 😄 The R&C one reminds me of Barbie's marketing. Bloke is everything. Ratchet is just Ratchet.

FF16 has a shitload 'o blokes in it (innit?), including based Ralph Ineson as Cid. @Yamanoi knows.

What's wrong with that? It is an amazing game.
You're not wrong, I just feel that I should already have moved past it 😅. It's just that I've played quite a bit of it on mobile, and now the NSO trial managed to convince me I need to play this game again on Switch, despite there being so many amazing games I haven't even touched yet.

It's between FFVI and FFIX as my main game, a little bit of DBZ: Kakarot in memory of Akira Toriyama and maybe I'll try to squeeze in some more FFXVI.

Continuing with Baldur's Gate 3 and Chants of Sennaar, depending how I feel. Super ill yesterday and generally not feeling it so it's been a tv and reading week mostly (Shogun, The Brothers Sun, 3 Body Problem in TV terms and North Woods for my reading).

You're not wrong, I just feel that I should already have moved past it 😅. It's just that I've played quite a bit of it on mobile, and now the NSO trial managed to convince me I need to play this game again on Switch, despite there being so many amazing games I haven't even touched yet.
Wait for cross save IMHO.

More FF7 Rebirth (PS5), I hit the Dustbowl yesterday.

Also I bought and started Balatro (Switch). It's deviously addicting on a level that reminds me of Vampire Survivors. Incredibly compelling and tight game design that I'm very glad is being used for a game with no microtransactions or gacha rubbish. It has me good.

I managed to finish up Another Code Recollection last night (great game btw), which means my main priorities can go towards Princess Peach: Showtime!! Really excited to pick it up after work; I thought the demo was super charming and I can’t wait to see more. :)

Also planning a bit of Splatoon 3 to participate in the splatfest, and grabbing the last new spirits in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, but Peach is definitely taking the lead this weekend.

Weekend here again!

On Switch I have been playing Cadence of Hyrule which I think I’m at the near the end of but this last section is kicking my ass haha. Might finish it this weekend if my skills are up to the task.

Over on Steam Deck it’s that exciting time where I can start something new! After playing a lengthy game the past couple of months I think I might play some of the shorter games in my backlog on Steam. I’ll probably play one of either Glyt or The Pathless.

Happy weekend Fami!

Since Dragon's Dogma 2 is broken on PC I'm now continuing my playthrough of the other "DD" game instead ... the REAL auteur game ...

JqEQVXq.png

Death Dtranding

I actually don't know what to play. Legit was looking forward to a singleplayer Action RPG to mix up all the fighting games but alas....

It's weekend time!

Now that I'm done with Mario Tennis (GBC), I'm giving Mario Golf (GBC) a shot as well. This was also a childhood game, but it's one I never got too far in. I'm definitely not as good at golf as I am at tennis! Once Princess Peach: Showtime! arrives, I'm gonna try that, too. I still have my reservations, but I want to give it a fair shot.

It's weekend time!

Now that I'm done with Mario Tennis (GBC), I'm giving Mario Golf (GBC) a shot as well. This was also a childhood game, but it's one I never got too far in. I'm definitely not as good at golf as I am at tennis! Once Princess Peach: Showtime! arrives, I'm gonna try that, too. I still have my reservations, but I want to give it a fair shot.
Wouldn’t I give to revisit a few classic games right now or just play some retro stuff.

Right now it’s a mix of Ff7 rebirth, mario vs dk, Star Wars dark forces and maybe some Pokémon. I may dig out the old Wii to see if it still works.

I could try some stuff on NSO or some of the retro games I just got, idk.

Mostly Unicorn Overlord, which is already a number one contender for GOTY for me. Game feels so fresh to me.

If I can find time, I'll deal with Princess Peach and Legend of Legacy. I also do some quick matches in Battlefront collection in between sessions.

I just finished the long journey through FFVIIRebirth...maybe I'll just finish Ratchet&Clank Rift Apart, or work on Death Stranding again. I kind of want to start clearing my gaming backlog up a bit of games I purchased recently. Got recently Octopath 2, Unicorn Overlord and TLOU2 that I still need to work on...

Still on Final Fantasy V and Jet Force Gemini. In FFV I'm just before the Interdimensional Rift, so I should be close to the end of the game. On Jet Force Gemini, I assume I recently started the second half (Tribals and Ship piece collectathon) so it should take a while more...

Warframe's 11th anniversary is running right now so I'm doing those events today. After that I'm going to spring to finish Unicorn Overlord by Monday.

Mainly Brotato and Tetris 99. Almost finished all classes on danger 5 in Brotato.

Playing a lot of team mode in T99 as that's the fastest method to grind xp. My level is 54** atm.

FF7 Rebirth again. I have some extra time off work this coming week, so I'm hoping to progress in the main story some more. At my current pace, it will be a while before I finish this game.

Final fantasy IX and Pikmin 2 are my focus, Soulcalibur VI and edf 2025 are pacebreakers.

Been considering starting the trilogy version of mass effect

May you accept Selene's fate well, big lantern ghost- one of the best games ever made in your bloking hands there, it's really special.
Fresh off my first few runs of this and…yeah. Yeah. I think I’m gonna have to get this when it’s on sale next. Good shit.

Also, Selene can book. We’re talking Doom Guy speeds over here!

Just started Baldurs Gate 3! I would be playing it right now if I didn't have to work 😑

Well, just finished Cadence of Hyrule, that last part was really tricky, must have died 20 times on that alone haha.
How did you like it overall? I’ve heard it’s easier than Crypt of the Necrodancer, but that’s not saying much because apparently Crypt is super hard.

Since I did in fact beat FFVII Rebirth last weekend, I'm back in Persona 3 Reload. Hopefully I can finish that one this weekend, but I'll probably dip into Rebirth a bit more too, I wanna see the other Gold Saucer dates.

Tidy up for Princess Peach: Showtime! this weekend. Might start a new character in Crypt of the Necrodancer if I have time.

Gonna try and put a dent in Unicorn Overlord and chip away at my pre-DLC Elden Ring playthrough some more.

Back
Top Bottom