• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |3/15-3/17|

Playing Yakuza 7. Started it last weekend. Just started chapter 11

Why the game gotta condition me to goofy ass side quests only to then drop one on me where Ichiban spends a day with a dead girl that fell in love with him that's just cruel 😭

After finishing Monster World III on Friday, I moved onto Monster World IV today. It's made a strong first impression! Monster World III kinda felt like it was going through the motions. Very similar to Monster Worlds I and II, very referential to those games in feel and design. Monster World IV feels like that next step forward, with a strong presentation befitting a late Mega Drive Game, good additions to the base moveset (more midair attack options, a run button, a manual block), and a more fleshed out take on the companion mechanic introduced last time. It also benefits from, ironically, not releasing outside of Japan until much later, as its translation is a lot stronger. I'm really looking forward to continuing this one!

No spoilers but hope you are ready for the difficulty spike in the next chapter. Prepare well. If you want more details, LMK.
No worries, I've heard about that part. I'm actually just about to get into it. Completed the arena so hopefully I should be fine

Was busy with RL stuff yesterday, but planning on more FF7 Rebirth (PS5) today!

Replicant down. First time checking out Ending E, I've avoided Replicant for a bit since I played Gestalt so many times before. That ending didn't really do it for me, but that's okay. The rest of the game is still as lovely as ever, the other new segment doesn't really drag it down despite not being an amazing addition in and of itself. Glad I got to refresh my memory on it. Still cry for like 4 hours straight each time I end a cycle.

Good luck. Outside that part, it is smooth sailing with no stupid spikes IMHO.
It took three tries but I managed! That was insane in all the right ways haha

Replicant down. First time checking out Ending E, I've avoided Replicant for a bit since I played Gestalt so many times before. That ending didn't really do it for me, but that's okay. The rest of the game is still as lovely as ever, the other new segment doesn't really drag it down despite not being an amazing addition in and of itself. Glad I got to refresh my memory on it. Still cry for like 4 hours straight each time I end a cycle.
That's the last game I finished! Ending E is cool but the grind to get to it is NOT worth it lol

Ending E is cool but the grind to get to it is NOT worth it lol
Oh I didn't even grind it, I think my total playtime was 30 hours? I just didn't think it was a very good addition but that's alright really.

I think my opinions on the grind are moot cause I've done 100% in all the Taroverse games so if anything this was a vacation to me.

Not playing too much this weekend unfortunately.

On the other hand, I’m going to Comic Con in Toronto today so hopefully I’ll be picking up some fun stuff! Does… does that count?

My weekend report - it was good! For Love Live School Idol Festival I did start digging into the certainly out of season Christmas event and had fun there. I also cleared two more songs on Master difficulty which is a great challenge.

For Final Final VII Rebirth I’ve reached Cosmo Canyon…in Cosmo Canyon lol. Been clearing as much of the open zones as possible as I’ve gone through so I only have the protorelic there once the story lets me tackle it. The big zone was definitely my favorite to explore yet. I was hoping to finish the game before Friday, but that seems unlikely as I’m aiming to be thorough and not burnout as I’ve been devouring it. Having an awesome time so as eager as I’m to see it all, I’m glad I have a lot to enjoy still.

Barely played this weekend, focused on music for Dwelling of Duels instead. Played a bit of Jet Force Gemini though, I’m mostly liking it but honestly I want it to be over haha, but I think there’s a bunch left.

Didn't have much time to play besides wrapping up OG FFVII which made me crave more classic FF. I set up FFIX with the Moguri Mod but maybe I'll replay VI first...

I had a super busy weekend. Preparing for my three year-old’s birthday party, building a swingset, having the party, and then recovering from the party left me with very little time for gaming. I didn’t get to play Rebirth at all, although I did find the time to roll credits for Jusant.

I can’t believe it’s Monday again 😰

Managed to get back into Baldur's Gate 3, did the first two areas of Chants of Sennaar and completely fell in love with it, and started Mario Golf (GBC). Success.

Managed to get back into Baldur's Gate 3, did the first two areas of Chants of Sennaar and completely fell in love with it, and started Mario Golf (GBC). Success.
That second area was probably my fave, but I really enjoyed the game immensely throughout. It is exceedingly satisfying to puzzle out. I'm excited to see your impressions of it.

I didn't have much time for gaming this weekend. I wanted to play Rebirth but the only time I sunk into a game was Smash Bros.

Love pikmin 2 it gets hard lol
Last night I just Finished all the caves in valley of repose in pikmin 2. Not sure about above ground tho, have 6 and can’t locate anymore. And yeah frontier cavern got dicey. Can’t fight a queen bulborb without sacrifice

Last night I just Finished all the caves in valley of repose in pikmin 2. Not sure about above ground tho, have 6 and can’t locate anymore. And yeah frontier cavern got dicey. Can’t fight a queen bulborb without sacrifice
Lol yea the Queen bulborb is tricky. I usually just throw as much Pikmin on her face to attack but as soon as she starts to move to indicate shes about to roll I whistle them off quick. It might take a lil longer to kill her but it can save literally all of your pikmin if done right

Played more Persona 5 this past weekend. I finished the third palace and did a bunch of confidant stuff. Man...I see why people love this game. I just hope I don't get too burnt out by the end. I'm at 35+ hours and from what I understand that's actually pretty quick to where I am at - I read all of the dialogue but don't listen to it, so I think that cuts my playtime down quite a bit.

Played more Persona 5 this past weekend. I finished the third palace and did a bunch of confidant stuff. Man...I see why people love this game. I just hope I don't get too burnt out by the end. I'm at 35+ hours and from what I understand that's actually pretty quick to where I am at - I read all of the dialogue but don't listen to it, so I think that cuts my playtime down quite a bit.
I’m seriously thinking of queueing this up myself

So something unexpected happened. I bought a game based on recommendation from a friend of mine, got really engrossed with it late Friday night and knocked it out late Saturday night.

Coffee Talk (Switch) was a really chill story experience. I remembered seeing it some years ago but forgot about it until this past weekend, and when I checked out the demo on the Switch that was all it took lol. It's similar to VA-11-Hall-A in its presentation as in it is first-person making coffee and tea drinks for customers, but the premise is different. At first glance it looks familiar but it isn't.

Definitely going to check out the sequel in April.

...other than that, yes I did get my usual games in. Good weekend overall.

Been playing Toem today, should finish it later in another session. I was this close to drop the game when I realize it was completely based on quests, but I tried doing at least one and it clicked. It's an amazingly cozy and relaxing game, I'm glad I gave it a chance!

I’m seriously thinking of queueing this up myself
I always thought I wouldn't have time for it, but Nintendo's kind of lack of announcements this spring gave me a window from a few weeks ago until possibly TTYD comes out in late May where I didn't really have anything else that I HAD to play, you know? Seems like kind of maybe the last opportunity for me to play a giant game like that. I can only do one of those (like TOTK) a year. A 100 hour game takes me around 3 months to finish unless I take a couple of days off or something.

I always thought I wouldn't have time for it, but Nintendo's kind of lack of announcements this spring gave me a window from a few weeks ago until possibly TTYD comes out in late May where I didn't really have anything else that I HAD to play, you know? Seems like kind of maybe the last opportunity for me to play a giant game like that. I can only do one of those (like TOTK) a year. A 100 hour game takes me around 3 months to finish unless I take a couple of days off or something.
I got it in the $20 sale 2 years back. I’ve just been trying to play P3P first and it hasn’t grabbed me yet… I may also have P5S and P5T in the backlog XD. Pikmin 2 is my cartridge game right now(and ffix my main rpg) but maybe after I finish one of those

Finished Marvel’s Midnight Sun’s and I absolutely loved it, it’s such a shame it never sold well and will never get a sequel.

Will continue playing Cadance of Hyrule this week and Friday I’ll decide what I want to start next on Steam Deck.

I got a new computer to replace my 12 year old desktop so that means it's time to play more ten year old indies that could run on a potato.

LMAO! Holy shit and I thought I was beating a record with my almost 8 year old outdated pc. Hopefully you're enjoying it, it must feel amazing doing such a massive hardware jump.

Back
Top Bottom