• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |3/15-3/17|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
It’s that time again! How is it that time again? Time is moving so fast, oh god. Welcome to Famiboards’ weekly weekend thread. Everyone knows how this works by now, so let’s see what you’re playing!

——————

I’ve been in a bit of a slump these past two weeks, which I fully blame on being sick. I’m gonna play video games this weekend, I swear it! Final Fantasy VII Rebirth and Jusant are the only two games that I’m planning on playing. I’ve only completed chapter one in Rebirth, so I’ve hardly even started. I need to get a move on! And then I’m halfway through Jusant, and I might make a push to finish it this weekend. We’ll see.

——————

That’s all you get from me today, folks. Have at it. Stay safe, and have a great weekend everybody.

I know lots of people are on the FF7: Rebirth Train, and I'll say I'm a little envious of all of you!

I'm currently doing a replay of Chrono Trigger in memory of Akira Toriyama, heavens bless his wonderful soul. Nothing fancy, just a single playthrough, which I should be done with once the weekend is up. Then it's back to me juggling like six games from my backlog.

Been continuing my FF marathon, but I've not been able to stay on it chronologically, instead I have bounced around, and I now have half-finished playthroughs on both VI, VII and IX, which I intend to sort of continue in some manner. While also, in my odd hours, going back to an old TotK file and cleaning up unfinished shrines.

Still have Side Order to do as well.

Gonna try and wrap some stuff up this weekend. Pretty sure I'm getting close to the end for both Jedi Fallen Order and Demon Turf on PC, so I think I could roll credits on both if I make something of an effort there

Also thinking about starting either Mario Golf or Mario Tennis on GBC/Switch

Still making my way through Marvel Midnight Suns on Steam Deck, not far off the end now but still really enjoying it. Over on Switch I think I’m going to play Cadence of Hyrule finally, probably dabble with some multiplayer shenanigans with my partner as well in between those 2.

Happy weekend fami!

The various adapters for Analogue Pocket were delivered yesterday so I’m going to dive into a bunch of English translation ROM hacks.

I’ll start with Sylvan Tale (Game Gear), a Zelda-like that never released outside of Japan. I’ve been wanting to play this for a while but didn’t have the means. Next week I’ll have two.

I'll try to finish Portal 2. I have been trying to beat this game for like a decade now. I got it at launch in 2011. I don't understand how a game that is so obviously brilliant in so many ways bores me so much. I will find ANY excuse to not play it. That ends this weekend. I'm at chapter 8. Can't be much more to go.

I also almost never replay games but gonna make an exception for Res Evil 3 as it's short enough and I just replayed 2 because it went on game pass.

Just realizing as I decide what to play that I haven't touched my Switch since Mario Wonder back in October, and there's nothing announced that makes me think I'll be using it at all this year. Thought we were past these times post-Wii U, but... damn.

I finished Soul Silver two weeks ago.
Working on Legends right now, 3/5th of the way through.
Also going to start Let's go Pikachu.

On a pokemon kick

After beating the Golden Sun duology, I'm kinda just plowing away at random games on NSO just for the funzies. I've been playing Quest for Camelot for whatever reason as well as Bubble Bobble.

Still working on Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown. It loses more of its luster the longer I play.

Still playing through Final Fantasy V and Jet Force Gemini. I've made good progress in both but it should still be a little while before they're done, likely FFV first since I'm pretty sure on the final quests before the final boss.

I think I'll finally be able to finish FFVII Rebirth this weekend. That doesn't mean I'll stop playing it but it'll at least make me more willing to play other games too, lol.

Finish the last case of the Apollo Justice trilogy and then start Star Ocean 2 or Unicorn Overlord. Probably Star Ocean

I'm very hooked on Battlefront collection on Switch. Doubt I'll play anything else, despite the stuff like Contra or Unicorn Overlord waiting for me.

Some absolutely superb games being played this weekend, great work Fami. Despite it being a big sport weekend for me, I'm still hoping to get some good gaming in.

I'm going to wait until Sunday afternoon to try and have some decent Baldur's Gate 3 time; I devoured it for the first fifteen hours but have only picked at it for the next chunk. I'm at 23 hours in total and not yet out of Act One, so want to reinvigorate my playthrough by making some solid progress.

Today it was all about the brilliant Chants of Sennaar, which I spent a total of 90 minutes on either side of taking my dog to the vets (he's OK - just 11 and arthritic!). A very, very promising start to this one, and something I'm looking forward to continuing. I've just cleared the first area and can't wait to play more.

Finally, two of this week's GB NSO additions are pretty excellent, so I'm very tempted to start either Mario Golf or Mario Tennis for their campaign modes.

Today it was all about the brilliant Chants of Sennaar, which I spent a total of 90 minutes on either side of taking my dog to the vets (he's OK - just 11 and arthritic!). A very, very promising start to this one, and something I'm looking forward to continuing. I've just cleared the first area and can't wait to play more.

Well, first - glad your doggo is all good! And second, yes, this game is absolute catnip, it's amazing. Obra Dinn but for language, enjoy!

FFVII Rebirth for me! All Rebirth all weekend! And in my excitement I also picked up Crisis Core on switch lol which will be a first time play for me, so I guess it's the world of FFVII either way for me this weekend!

I picked up a PS5 this week, so I’ll be messing around with that mostly. Aiming to finish Dead Space and Astro's Playroom before the weekend is out! I can sleep when I'm dead!

I picked up The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles on the Steam sale last night, so I'll be continuing that over the weekend.

I started the first case and I'm enjoying everything so far. I didn't know how much I missed this series!

I'm this close to finishing 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, and will probably start something new in a day or two. Also slowly working through Snufkin: Melody of the Moominvalley with a three-year-old.

Replaying Chrono Trigger. Toriyama’s character designs translate to SNES sprites surprisingly well, in hindsight.

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth. Loving it and trying to savor every moment. This game isn't perfect, but man it feels special.

Played some Final Fantasy FFXVI and I'm currently not feeling it. Played past the stuff from the demo (which was great) and there's a lot of somewhat boring downtime. Hoping it picks up soon but I'm probably gonna finish my OG FFVII replay first before I go back to XVI.

Played some Final Fantasy FFXVI and I'm currently not feeling it. Played past the stuff from the demo (which was great) and there's a lot of somewhat boring downtime. Hoping it picks up soon but I'm probably gonna finish my OG FFVII replay first before I go back to XVI.
XVI isn’t the best with pacing. Between each bombastic Eikon fight is 2-4 hours of relative downtime. It’s for sure worth continuing on, though. You’ve got some really good stuff ahead of you.

Yeah it's got some REALLY high highs and some super slow, gradually moving lows regards to the narrative as you go along.

Hoping for a calm weekend ahead with plenty of time for games. Still playing the same two as last weekend, Love Live School Idol Festival 2 and Final Fantasy VII Rebirth. For Love Live I think a new event starts this weekend (I think it’s weirdly Christmas themed iirc??) so I’ll be checking that out and will begin attempting a few more songs in Master mode. I actually beat my first song in Master mode this week which was fun, but it didn’t have any slide notes which I’m still learning how to best approach. When they get gnarly, I tend to lose my grip on my phone lol.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is my big game this weekend still and I just barely hit the start of chapter 9. Having an awesome time! Going to be fully focused on clearing open world activities for a while before heading onwards. 🤞 I beat this game before Peach and Dragon’s Dogma next week.

I'm very close to finishing Wonder Boy in Monster World (AKA Wonder Boy V: Monster World III). Finally back to finishing that series after a year hiatus! I think I'll be able to finish it tonight, then I'll share more soon. Otherwise I'm definitely gonna keep playing Mario Tennis GBC on NSO, one of my favorite sports games.

I'm working on Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth, currently at the start of chapter 3. I can kind of agree with the criticisms of the slow opening, but with how incredible the character writing is it's hard to care. This game feels like it's going to be something special.

I got like 14 hours into Nier Replicant this week before getting a bit sick, but I'm feelin better nd might go for true end this weekend. Game still punches me in the emotional stomach a decade later. If I finish it before the weekend is over, I promised I'd give my friends on discord a guided tour of Drakengard on stream so that's also on the table.

Otherwise I grabbed the 2019 reboot of Sakura Wars on PS4 to compare it to the original, so I might start on that but who knows. I also need to pick out a portable game to be playing right now. I have SO2R on my Switch Lite, but I'm more in the mood for an SMT. Which 3DS or PS2 SMT should I be playing rn? I veto Nocturne cause I played it too recently.

Steam Deck - Replaying Penny's Big Breakaway and playing Ultros. I need to play more Pacific Drive also.
Switch - Picross S+ and more Shiren 6. Dropped Fate Samurai on Switch. Bad port.
Xbox Series X - Samurai Shodown (The 120fps is amazing in it) and Street Fighter 6.
PS5 - Helping my friend with Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak and some more Rebirth.

I know lots of people are on the FF7: Rebirth Train, and I'll say I'm a little envious of all of you!

I'm currently doing a replay of Chrono Trigger in memory of Akira Toriyama, heavens bless his wonderful soul. Nothing fancy, just a single playthrough, which I should be done with once the weekend is up. Then it's back to me juggling like six games from my backlog.

Chrono Trigger the goat.

Been continuing my FF marathon, but I've not been able to stay on it chronologically, instead I have bounced around, and I now have half-finished playthroughs on both VI, VII and IX, which I intend to sort of continue in some manner. While also, in my odd hours, going back to an old TotK file and cleaning up unfinished shrines.

Still have Side Order to do as well.

Side Order is amazing!

I think I'll finally be able to finish FFVII Rebirth this weekend. That doesn't mean I'll stop playing it but it'll at least make me more willing to play other games too, lol.

Grats in advance. Great avatar as well.

Finish the last case of the Apollo Justice trilogy and then start Star Ocean 2 or Unicorn Overlord. Probably Star Ocean

Unicorn is too good.

Some absolutely superb games being played this weekend, great work Fami. Despite it being a big sport weekend for me, I'm still hoping to get some good gaming in.

I'm going to wait until Sunday afternoon to try and have some decent Baldur's Gate 3 time; I devoured it for the first fifteen hours but have only picked at it for the next chunk. I'm at 23 hours in total and not yet out of Act One, so want to reinvigorate my playthrough by making some solid progress.

Finally, two of this week's GB NSO additions are pretty excellent, so I'm very tempted to start either Mario Golf or Mario Tennis for their campaign modes.

Glad they're ok and Chants of Sennaar is fantastic.

I picked up a PS5 this week, so I’ll be messing around with that mostly. Aiming to finish Dead Space and Astro's Playroom before the weekend is out! I can sleep when I'm dead!

the-wink-s7-e1532959849420.png

It is peak fiction despite the inconsistent pacing. I'll report you to the mods if you don't go back to it.

My usual rotation nowadays: Splatoon 3, F-Zero 99, and Exoprimal.

Dragon's Dogma 2 is next weekend!!

How are you liking the new Exoprimal content? I think they finally allow cross platform parties next month?

I got like 14 hours into Nier Replicant this week before getting a bit sick, but I'm feelin better nd might go for true end this weekend. Game still punches me in the emotional stomach a decade later. If I finish it before the weekend is over, I promised I'd give my friends on discord a guided tour of Drakengard on stream so that's also on the table.

Otherwise I grabbed the 2019 reboot of Sakura Wars on PS4 to compare it to the original, so I might start on that but who knows. I also need to pick out a portable game to be playing right now. I have SO2R on my Switch Lite, but I'm more in the mood for an SMT. Which 3DS or PS2 SMT should I be playing rn? I veto Nocturne cause I played it too recently.

Get well soon. NieR Replicant is amazing mostly because Kaine is the best. If you have SMT4, play that. One of my favorites.

Replaying BotW so I'll be on that for awhile, but I'm planning on starting Unicorn Overlord this week too.

I got a new computer to replace my 12 year old desktop so that means it's time to play more ten year old indies that could run on a potato.

Oh and Endless Space 2 dropped an update this week(!) so I might go back and see if the Academy still blows with the Awakening DLC on.

I'm playing Unicorn Overlord on Switch - it's just a game that's so very well played in bite sized portions with the mission structure. I like that, a get a clear end every day when I play it. Play a couple of missions every night before I go to bed.

Also I'll be playing some Warcraft 3 multiplayer because that's what I do and have been doing for 22 years now.

Still playing Persona 3 Reload. Hoping to finish it sometime within the next week or two so I can move over to Princess Peach: Showtime when that launches next Friday.

I'm really enjoying Persona 3 Reload a lot. I never played the original, but I loved Persona 4 and 5. It's amazing how modernized Atlus was able to make Persona 3 feel with this remake. My only gripe is that Tartarus can be a bit of a slog (especially when compared to the great dungeons in Persona 5), but it's not as bad as I expected it to be.

Started a new file of DKC Returns this morning! Did world 1 which was pretty fun, but worlds 2 and 4 are the ones I'm most looking forward to. I think I'll attempt to 300% my file here as well. Last year I did the same for DKC TF where I collected all the KONG, puzzle pieces, hard mode medals and gold speedruns, which was challenging but a lot of fun. Maybe it will actually summon a new DK game this time around :] (although I doubt I can finish it before the rumoured April Direct)

Such a shame Nintendo have gone 10 years now without a new entry in the series.

Just downloaded Subnautica, so I'll be going through that.

From what I've read about it, it seems to be right up my alley, but I had never taken the plunge until now. Let's see how good it is. Hopefully, it'll be good enough to convince me to buy the sequel.

How are you liking the new Exoprimal content? I think they finally allow cross platform parties next month?

It's honestly been really good! With the current Season 3 update they finally tweaked the matchmaking so the types of matches, final mission types, maps and dino encounters are nice and varied. I'm not sure where sales are but Gamepass continues to hard carry the game.

And yes cross platform parties are finally arriving next month with Season 4. This update addresses a LOT of what the player base has wanted. They're even adding a dedicated PvP mode that will just be the objective final missions, which is a huge surprise given the majority of this game is geared towards PvE.

Things are looking good for the niche, quirky game.

It's honestly been really good! With the current Season 3 update they finally tweaked the matchmaking so the types of matches, final mission types, maps and dino encounters are nice and varied. I'm not sure where sales are but Gamepass continues to hard carry the game.

And yes cross platform parties are finally arriving next month with Season 4. This update addresses a LOT of what the player base has wanted. They're even adding a dedicated PvP mode that will just be the objective final missions, which is a huge surprise given the majority of this game is geared towards PvE.

Things are looking good for the niche, quirky game.
I have not had issues matchmaking on Steam Deck or PS5. Currently have other games in Quick Resume on Xbox so not playing there.

That jerk of a brother of mine insisted I download Balatro and after three runs I finally got it enough to be annoyingly hooked.

Also, Rebirth! Forever and always. Cleared all the side content in chapter 4 so I should make some main story progress this weekend, as is tradition.

I have not had issues matchmaking on Steam Deck or PS5. Currently have other games in Quick Resume on Xbox so not playing there.

Oh ok that's good.

I do have it on Steam as well when they had that price error for less than $20 but still maintain my gamepass sub to play that and a few other games here and there.

I generally see more Xbox icons than the Capcom C for other platforms. Otherwise it's been smooth for me 99% of the time.

Oh ok that's good.

I do have it on Steam as well when they had that price error for less than $20 but still maintain my gamepass sub to play that and a few other games here and there.

I generally see more Xbox icons than the Capcom C for other platforms. Otherwise it's been smooth for me 99% of the time.
I noticed that I see more icons from the platform I'm playing on regardless of the time. Maybe it prioritizes same platform pool and then fills up with others after?

I think they really should have toned down the monetization because this is all fine for free to play (or game pass) but not for a paid game when many will not give it a shot yet.

Get well soon. NieR Replicant is amazing mostly because Kaine is the best. If you have SMT4, play that. One of my favorites.
Either DeSu Overclocked or SMT 4.

Yeah, SMT4 is one of my favorite games ever and it's due for a revisit so let's do it.

I finished route A in Replicant, I'm halfway through Route B and I have all weapons and sidequests done now. Hopefully I can finish B-E tonight if I can handle all the crying that's going to be involved.

Back
Top Bottom