• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |2/23-2/25|

The UI and UX is incredibly messy
Yup that game needed some polishing up in that regard.

As for what I'm playing... eh, I'm still in a slump. Between work calls, bureaucracy and a slew of other IRL headaches, I don't have much energy nor inclination to play anything. At this point I'm just waiting for my friend to finally send me an invite for some Tekken 8, which is the only video game I'm feeling any hype about. In the meantime, I have other hobbies.

Returned to Celeste to work on some of the secret-est mini levels. Am now in BC IRL for the first time on our way further north to hopefully see the Aurora like in New Super Mario Bros. Wii U.

Celeste is still super difficult and amazing. I'm very rusty. I'm wearing my Celeste shirt though.

Also recently finally giving Shovel Knight DIG a go! First time playing a roguelite platformer. It's tough losing progress back to the beginning every time but we are really enjoying it. Only beat one boss thus far. It seems addictive and the procedural levels are put together in a way that makes them feel both fresh and well designed.

Returned to Celeste to work on some of the secret-est mini levels. Am now in BC IRL for the first time on our way further north to hopefully see the Aurora like in New Super Mario Bros. Wii U.

Celeste is still super difficult and amazing. I'm very rusty. I'm wearing my Celeste shirt though.

Also recently finally giving Shovel Knight DIG a go! First time playing a roguelite platformer. It's tough losing progress back to the beginning every time but we are really enjoying it. Only beat one boss thus far. It seems addictive and the procedural levels are put together in a way that makes them feel both fresh and well designed.
Shovel Knight Dig was fun. I didn’t stick with it very long; like you said I found losing progress and having to start over very frustrating. But that’s roguelikes for you I guess. I think I cleared two runs and then set it down. It’s actually not terribly difficult nor does it take that long to clear a run.

It inspired me to pick up the Shovel Knight collection on Switch which I haven’t played yet sorry @PixelKnight !

Shovel Knight Dig was fun. I didn’t stick with it very long; like you said I found losing progress and having to start over very frustrating. But that’s roguelikes for you I guess. I think I cleared two runs and then set it down. It’s actually not terribly difficult nor does it take that long to clear a run.

It inspired me to pick up the Shovel Knight collection on Switch which I haven’t played yet sorry @PixelKnight !
What the hell! You shouldn't be allowed to play Rebirth until you Shovel Knight!

I'm finishing up Fate/Samurai Remnant on ps5, a game which I've really enjoyed but would also not rush to recommend to folks if they arent already musou or alternatively big Fate fans. It's very much what you expect of Omega Force taking their tried and tested musou combat and systems and stuffing it into something a little more focused and trying to more character action rpg like aka its totally acceptable but can also feel a little awkward and the camera doesn't really feel conceived for one on one close up encounters. Probably what's brought it together for me the most though is just a really strong cohesive presentation across the board from the artists and sound team that I've vibed with. The actual visuals are just fine on a technical level but it's very colorful, the character designs, the artwork in the portraits, a really nice UI and menus that fit the period setting, the music, all that stuff all really works to elevate the experience. Cutscenes are very well executed and often wildly epic lol so yeah, it's been fun. Should get this wrapped with a few days breather before Rebirth.

On switch, I've been playing Side Order which is total catnip. I'm pretty set in my ways with my weapon in multiplayer so I like that the progression on a long tail encourages you to experiment and try all of the different weapon types, ive managednto ascend thentower with two different weapons so far!

And I'm also playing Bandle Tale in the evenings, I quickly realised Side Order was not a good fit for right before bed trying to unwind a bit lmao but this is a really nice cosy relaxed life simmy experience by the graveyard keeper devs set in the LoL universe and is a great fit for just wanting to de-stress.

Now that they announced Ender Magnolia, I’ve unexpectedly been putting some time into Ender Lilies again. Never finished the game, and I honestly don’t fully understand why. It’s pretty good, but something must have put me off from continuing my save file on Switch. Played around with the PC version, but I’m definitely more inclined to play it on the Switch, so I might just download it on there and give it another go after all. So, yeah, it has snuck its way into my weekend gaming rotation for a short while. Might continue it throughout the week, then.

Between the Shitpostening yesterday in GenDisc and buying yet more video games, I haven't actually played very much this weekend. Couple rounds of Side Order & MK1, both enjoyable!

I guess I should update on my Elden Ring progress too...

I did a bit of a sweep through Limgrave and got maybe halfway through Stormveil Castle. I just...I dunno, y'all. I feel like I start each session super ready to dive in deep, and end each session feeling like I probably would have had more fun if I played something easier!

In other words:
gLuq3OQ.gif

Dammit Red! :D

This weekend is Balatro and Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Intergrade!!!

I love Balatro but I feel like I can't particularly get passed the 5 figure blinds. I definitely need to prioritize bulking up my decks with extra cards as much as I do planets and other stuff.

And I would like to be as ready as humanly possible for Final Fantasy 7 ReBirth, so I'm getting to Intergrade which I've had on my PS5 hard drive since 2021 lol.

Infinite Wealth, trying to finish it before Rebirth drops.

I'll probably fail though, i'm close to the ending and finished the side content i care about, but i know i'll still get sidetracked somehow.

“I have played Final Fantasy VII - I’ve played Dirge of Cerberus! Checkmate.”

Dammit Red! :D
I’ll get to it, okay? Promise.

There’s actually a lot of beloved indie 2D platformers that I have in my backlog but have never played. Shovel Knight, Hollow Knight, Celeste.. there’s probably more that I’m forgetting.

I’ll get to it, okay? Promise.

There’s actually a lot of beloved indie 2D platformers that I have in my backlog but have never played. Shovel Knight, Hollow Knight, Celeste.. there’s probably more that I’m forgetting.
Cyber Shadow and Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 1/2 would be my other picks. Prison City does look good too…

Played some Warzone and won a trios today. I’m usually the worst in the team but serve my purpose well enough with the team play style.

I decided to splurge a little bit and grabbed both Penny's Big Breakaway and Pocket Card Jockey Ride On; and the copy of Mario vs. Donkey Kong I ordered from QVC (for $30 thanks to the promo codes Wario64 has been posting about lately) just happened to come in the day after the Direct. So I ended up playing all three of them this weekend.

They're all good, but my favorite of the bunch has actually been Mario vs Donkey Kong. The echoes of the original arcade DK that is inherent in its DNA gives it a classic video game feel that just resonates with me.

I think I actually didn't play Switch at all during the weekend but I managed to actually play a bit of F-Zero X this morning. I'm not very good at the game haha, I want to get gold culps in Standard before calling it quits but I'm not sure if I'll actually manage.

My weekend report - I had a pretty awesome weekend for games! Turns out I needed a small break from Like A Dragon 8, so I started with other games first. For Love Live School Idol Festival 2 I’ve continued tackling Expert songs which remains a blast and with the new random song high score event going I’m playing more than just my favs as I get used to the higher challenge. Getting into the zone and nailing tricky patterns on first sight is such a rush!

I was originally only planning to beat Mario Vs Donkey Kong Switch, but I actually played through the post game and expert levels as well to claim all stars. I always liked that game, but I had an even better time with this remake thanks to the snappy controls. The new levels fit in so perfectly with the rest of the game and introduce fun new mechanics that I really enjoyed exploring. What a great remake!

I also unexpectedly played and finished Splatoon 3 Side Order. I already had my Switch up at the time so I decided to take a peek at it. After playing the tutorial, I did my first run and died halfway up. Since it didn’t take too long I thought sure I’ll do a second run and uh I beat it right away lol. Still even if it was over way sooner than I thought I had an awesome time playing through it. Single player Splatoon is fantastic and all of the bosses, including the final one, were spectacular fun. I might try more runs in the future with the different weapons, but I’m good for now.

Finally then, I’ve returned to Like A Dragon 8 refreshed. I’m still in Chapter 8 as there’s a ton of new side content to tackle. I kept clearing the map and then another big chunk would open up again and again lol. I still have some Part Time Hero stuff available, but with my new party nearly fully bonded I’m set to begin tackling the main story again. No way will I finish before Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, but I’m going to play as much as I can until then and worry what I’ll do exactly when I get there. I’m 70 hours in and having a great time so I’m definitely not dropping it, but I’m not sure if I want to juggle it or just focus on it until I’m fully done.

Busy weekend! I played about four hours of TLoU 2, which wasn’t as much as I hoped but still good progress for me. I think I’m at the halfway point now.

That’s really about it. I played thirty minutes each of 13 Sentinels and Penny’s Big Breakaway, but really nothing else. Going into this week, I’m gonna continue making a strong effort to play a couple hours of TLoU each night. I won’t finish it before Rebirth on Thursday, but I guess that’s okay.

Here’s to next weekend!

Back
Top Bottom