• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |2/23-2/25|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
It’s Friday! Welcome to Fami’s weekly weekend thread. It’s your one-stop-shop for all things “what are you playing” and also “weekend”. Kick back, relax, play some games, and tell us about them!

——————

My main focus this weekend is going to be The Last of Us Part II Remastered. I feel like I need to buckle down and try and make some significant headway with this game. If I make a solid effort, I think I can maybe wrap it up before next weekend when Rebirth drops. We’ll see!

If I can squeeze them in, I still have my other two games going as well: 13 Sentinels - Aegis Rim and Picross DS. I also started Penny’s Big Breakaway on Wednesday, but that one is gonna have to wait until I’m finished with TLoU. Sometimes you can have too many games going at once, you know?

——————

So let’s hear what Famiboards is gonna be splaying! Stay safe everyone, and have a great weekend.

Last edited:
In the best way, it’s a real video game mess over here. That Elden Ring DLC trailer convinced me that I must play through the base game in the next four months. So I did some reading and some exploring and it’s going pretty well. When I want something a little less demanding, I recently picked up Mortal Kombat 1 on sale. Have finally started in on it and, like, wow? It looks incredible. I feel like it can be hard to stand out in that way because so many games look so good now, but I am genuinely impressed. Also it’s a bunch of fun to play!

hYl0VrJ.gif

I also picked up Nier Replicant 1.22 on sale. I’m pretty close to finishing Tomb Raider Remastered (the first game) over on the Switch. I want to leave some gaps between games so I don’t burn out on ‘em, and I’m not sure what’s next. Maybe Blast Corps…

…ah shit. I just stopped writing this post to buy the Splatoon 3 Expansion Pass. Happy Video Games, everyone.

Forcing myself to wade through my backlog before I pick up anything new, which means it's time to finish:
Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes - Golden Wildfire

Hopefully everyone has a great weekend!

It's the weekend before Rebirth so I don't plan on starting anything big. I'm going to work through Splatoon 3 Side Order and try to finish my dragged out replay of DKC 3.

Gonna keep going with FFXIV Endwalker MSQ. MSQ is always a bit of a drag so it's been slow going with frequent distractions. My current FFXIV distraction is Palace of the Dead. Just beat floor 100 with a friend yesterday and now I wanna grind it enough for one of the Kinna weapons, which shouldn't take too long. Would be nice to get to Endwalker patch content by the end of the weekend, though. I do think the major expansion MSQ is pretty much always the weakest part of FFXIV. Only really feels worth it when the story is of a high quality, which it really only ever has been twice with Heavensward and Shadowbringers. Endwalker's story up through level 86 or so is at least better than ARR/Stormblood but still not great. Just need to hold out until I get to those new trials and raids in the patch content.

Splatoon 3 Side Order!! it's very, very good
also got a decent character going in Caves of Qud for the first time in awhile so I'll probably be making some progress or dying unexpectedly there

also maybe Balatro depending on whether or not I value my time and respect myself

Not sure, might decide to give Last Epoch a shot. Otherwise I'll be watching Capcom Cup and playing SF6 on the side.

Persona 3 Reload! I binged it last weekend and made lots of progress. I'm hoping to finish it by or shortly after the time FF7 Rebirth comes out.

Well, the saga of MisterSpo and Baldur's Gate 3 hit a huge snag yesterday when the game stopped functioning and would no longer load passed the opening Larian Studios splash, so eventually I uninstalled in the hope a reinstall would fix whatever went wrong.

There's still half the game to download, and I'm inclined to sulk about this kind of inconvenience, so I've just started the very pretty A Highland Song.

On Switch, definitely more of Side Order. Been having a lot of fun so far and I think I can probably get a complete run under my belt sometime this weekend. Also thinking of trying out a couple of the Rare games that just got dropped. Specifically looking at Blast Corps since it's one of those "I always heard about this as a kid but nobody I knew actually had it" games that I've always been curious about. Trying to resist the urge to pick up either Balatro, Pocket Card Jockey, or Pentiment, because my backlog and wallet both could kinda use a break at the moment

On PC, I think I have like one level left in Halo 3, so I'll probably knock that out at some point

I'll probably trap myself in Persona 3 hell and try to get as close to finishing it as possible so I can move on to the next thing.

Probably a mix of Suika, MH Rise, MK8Dx as well as FE Engage; the former three as my 'hop in and out' titles, while Engage is my main single-player adventure I'm going through right now. Good stuff!

Gonna aim to beat Penny's Big Breakaway and complete at least one run in Splatoon 3's Side Order DLC.

Will still do my dailies in F-Zero 99. I almost got 1st on Death Wind 1 yesterday and that was such a tough loss lol. The worst 2nd place of all time for me 😅

Definitely gonna focus mainly on Persona 3 Reload, I think I can push through and finish it before FFVII Rebirth comes out next week. It's gonna be close though.

I've also finished Tomb Raider 1 and moved on to the second game in the remaster collection. I'm largely unfamiliar with it so this should be fun!

Side Order 🐙 ofc

Also wrapping up Ghost of Tsushima. I’m close to the end but also wanna check out Iki Island and the Legends stuff.

Continue in Arkham Asylum and might be able to finish Little Nightmares 2 as well. Both should be done before next weekend at the very least.

I haven’t been playing a ton lately so I’ve mostly been absent from these threads. I may try to put some time into Kirby and the Forgotten Land because I recently bought that. It really shouldn’t leapfrog to the top of my list given Tears of the Kingdom has been sitting next to my Switch since July, but here we are. 🤷‍♀️

Going to try the Rare NSO games and play some Apollo. Probably finish my
annual playthrough of OoT. Maybe start Star Ocean 2 but maybe not.

Divining into Pentiment to see what all of the hype is about. I played an hour or so last night and it's interesting so far. I'm currently downloading the Unicorn Overload demo. I heard good things which might be dangerous for my wallet. I also started up the Fell Xenoblade DLC for Fire Emblem Engage. Finished the first two chapters so I'm hoping to bang the rest out before FF VII Rebirth arrives.

Just beat Tomb Raider 2 in the collection and only 3rd game left. I'm saving the Expansions for later.

I also got the both shadow drops from Showcase (Pentiment and Penny's) and recently released Inkulinati, I'm planning to dive into them once I'm through with Tomb Raider. Maybe I'll play 1 hour of FF7 remake this weekend if I make time for it.

Next week I have Dark Forces and Shiren the Wanderer, that sounds like an epic weekend.

I'll finish Spirit of Justice on the Apollo Trilogy, at the second half of Turnabout Revolution ready to relive all the feels. A dragon never yields.

Also play more Baldur's Gate 3, in the middle of Act 3.

Got Castlevania Requiem recently so I'll continue replaying the best Castlevania game.

After finishing Apollo I'll start something else, not sure what yet, but most likely something on the PS5.

Play me some Golden Sun The Lost Age, and maybe some Blast Corps. I was shit with that game back on N64, so I'm very interested to see if I can do better this time around. And if I have time, continue on with Hollow Knight, though at this point it feels like a game I'll never finish, and only play to keep myself honed with my skills.

Also trying to finish up stuff before Rebirth drops. Mostly aiming to nail a complete run of Side Order!

Still with Octopath Traveler 2. I just finished chapter 3 of Hikari, and I hit a level jump, so I will be grinding and looking for hidden areas of the map.

I finally beat a difficult encounter in Triangle Strategy, so I'm hurtling toward near-certain disaster and death at the moment, about to set up the next battle, wondering what hellish armies rally against me. 😂

199C565B3308CAC501D9A2F12EF18ADD55F6ECEA

If the stars and schedules align, hopefully I'll nuke some bugs in Helldivers 2 with friends too, laughing it up on comms while slaughtering the insect/robot menace.

giphy.gif

Still slowly making progress in Lies of P (Xbox Series S). I'm at the Grand Exhibition now.

Also I'm playing the original Final Fantasy VII (Switch) as I want to replay it before I play Rebirth. Left it a little late but hopefully 3x speed and no encounters options should make it faster.

I just beaten devil may cry 5 today. I’m hoping to start resident evil 7 over the weekend for the first time and play some multiplayer stuff like splatoon or crash team rumble.

I also want to try the og killer instinct on NSO since I loved the reboot.

Well, I'm not too sure about A Highland Song. Music and art is incredible, and I get the point is to experience being lost, but I've hit a point of no return after a couple of hours play and that's very frustrating; not least because I was exploring thoroughly, finding items to help me change my route and explore further, but still ended up stuck at the bottom of a cave system. Checked a few places online and it appears that's a soft lock. Might have to restart it and choose a different route.

I've designated this as the year that I should catch up on my Switch backlog before the new console is released, so that is my main focus right now. I'll continue doing some Hades runs, but the other game I'll be playing alongside it I haven't decided yet. I might dip my toes back into Xenoblade Chronicles 2, which I abandoned on Chapter 6 after being stuck on a boss fight like 4-5 years ago. If I go that route, I'll spent a good amount of time re-familiarizing myself with the characters/story/game mechanics rather than jumping straight into continuing the main story.

Fire Emblem Awakening. I'll be traveling next week, so it'll also help me get through my 10 hour flight. I might also play the Final Fantasy VII Rebirth demo since apparently the first chapter carries over to the main game.

House Of Da Vinci 3
I have finished the 1 and 2 and I really enjoy the series even though they're basically all the same. If you've ever played The Room series House Of Da Vinci is similar, but longer and with a story.

Well, the saga of MisterSpo and Baldur's Gate 3 hit a huge snag yesterday when the game stopped functioning and would no longer load passed the opening Larian Studios splash, so eventually I uninstalled in the hope a reinstall would fix whatever went wrong.

There's still half the game to download, and I'm inclined to sulk about this kind of inconvenience, so I've just started the very pretty A Highland Song.
that game and you are cursed

Playing more Baldur's Gate 3 here as well. My in-game timer is around 15 hours, but I've noped out of several areas (including the aforementioned swamp hag, but also the creche and gnoll ambush) by loading earlier saves, so my actual playtime is a fair bit longer.

I’m almost eleven hours into FF IX so far and loving it! I feel like this is the one I had heard the least about (from the PS1 era final fantasy games onward at least) so had no expectations going in but can’t stop playing.

Got to tidy up sidequests and whatnot in Bug Fables now I've finished the game. Also want to go and catch that Hisuian Voltorb in Pokemon, preferably shiny!

Still progressing with Final Fantasy V, having a ton of fun. Underrated game tbh.

Probably gonna play a bit of F-Zero X. I wanna progress with the Exploring NSO project but it seems I'm not that into racers nowadays.

I should probably finish Prince of Persia before Rebirth whisks me away to the Promised Land.

I'm also chipping away at Mario vs. DK. I'm at World 7 so I assume I'm close to the end of the main game. It's fine! A good way to pass time on the ol commute.

Same games as last week for this week still. I have switched from playing in Hard to playing in Expert for Love Live School Idol Festival 2 and it’s so much fun! Sad I’ll only have three more months with it, so I definitely plan to keep playing daily.

For Like A Dragon 8 I finally escaped Dondoko Island where I had been trapped for over a week in real time so now I’m back to the main story. I just barely entered Chapter 8 so I’m only halfway through with the story after 60+ hours with the game. It’s not looking good I’ll finish in time for Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, but I’m going to stick with it until I’m done.

Finally I have been playing Mario VS DK on the side. I always loved this game and this new version is so smooth! I just encountered my first set of new levels and they were awesome! Really excited to keep going and maybe finish the main story this weekend. Side Order unfortunately will have to wait as I’m juggling too much.

Today's devstream has had me make up my mind to play some more Warframe. I might farm out a second Citrine in Warframe for Helminth purposes, or the veinthorn I need for Dagath's bladewhip. Maybe I'll get a new Kuva Lich, I always wanted the Kuva Ogris.

Other than that, I'm going to put some time into the current event in the only good gacha game that exists, and spend Sunday playing Smash with some friends.

Not quite sure and my weekend is delayed a day.

Was thinking of maybe starting pikmin 2 or returning to way of thief thi

So close to finishing the Another Code collection, I reckon. I'd like to roll credits there by weekend's end. The rest of the time will be filled with Splatoon 3: Side Order, Donkey Kong '94, and cleaning the house I guess.

Hank the bear might be friend-shaped but Bear and Breakfast isn't the friendliest of game. The game has crashed on me twice and there's so much friction when playing. The UI and UX is incredibly messy, confusing and designed with keyboard/mouse in mind rather than console. Makes me wish that I can just use the touchscreen. While I have gotten used to the crowded UI, I'm still pressing the wrong inputs quite often. If this had been a 80 hours RPG, I would have dropped the game but thankfully, this is supposed to be short. I can probably try to mainline the game and get it done with. Hoping to finish up before the end of Feb!

It is also Pokemon Go: Sinnoh Global Tour this weekend! Finally, a good number of regional exclusive Pokemon are available to be caught so there's a rush to try and get them while you can. The ugly-arse Dialga and Palkia Origin forms are in raids too. Gotta catch them all!

Back
Top Bottom