• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |2/2-2/4|

Doing my best effort to win a Tournament in Super Soccer for the SNES, for my Exploring NSO project. On the final match rn actually, this game is hell.

After making my way through the Legends of the Hidden to make it possible, I finally was able to start playing Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Integrade Intermission on my PS5 using my physical PS4 copy. Only played an hour so far. It's definitely for FFVII Remake. This game gives you sensory overload though. When walking through the slums, there are multiple songs being played on top of each other, everyone is talking, music blaring out of the PS5 controller speakers. It's a bit much.

I also started FF IV Pixel Remaster. Played about 2 hours. I forgot how fast paced the story is in this game. Already committed genocide, turned against my kingdom, saw the fall of another, cured my love, had my love get kidnapped, sea monster sucked up my friends, and now I'm on a quest to purify myself. It's amazing how much that overworld theme has stuck with me through the years.

Well, I played a whole bunch of Wave Race and Cruis’n last night (both rad of course), and so this morning I’m moving on to one of my big catchups of the year: Tropical Freeze. Had it on Wii U, remember not loving it, didn’t get close to finishing. Got it as a gift for Switch, didn't play it…until now. You win DK freaks, I’m giving it another shot!
I hope it really gels for you this time. It's one of my favorite games of all time. Incredible movement, level design and presentation IMO. I really would love to see DK get his due 10 years on since the last entry, just as Pikmin and 2D Mario did last year.

playing through Persona 3 Reload this weekend. I played a small portion of the original PS2 release when it originally came out so most of this is all new to me! I like this version much better with the P5 style production values and having difficulty modes to choose from! I‘m playing it through GamePass so I have a month to get through it. I’ve got Infinite Wealth sitting here for after that. At the end of the month Rebirth which is going to require clearing PS5 HDD space ugh. Too many lengthy games this month!

Almost done with Trails of Zero (I think?) seems like I am.

Is the Sequel worth playing? Trails of Azure? Playing this game felt exhausting, is the next game gonna be like this too?

Had board games with friends yesterday and feeling under the weather today so I’m basically doing nothing this weekend aside from falling asleep watching YT vids from channels I follow like GVG.

Didn’t get much gaming time this weekend, did a bit of Midnight Suns and Dawn of the Monsters

Actually fired up Super Mario 3D World (Switch) this evening and beat the last level on the Star map. Didn’t actually realise more open up after this! This might be one I keep the cart in the Switch and make my way through the extra levels in between other games.

I’ve hardly played anything this weekend. I started feeling sick yesterday, and today I’ve been knocked the heck out by whatever I’ve got. Covid or a cold, I donno. But it’s wrecking me.

Almost done with Trails of Zero (I think?) seems like I am.

Is the Sequel worth playing? Trails of Azure? Playing this game felt exhausting, is the next game gonna be like this too?
Depends what you liked and didn’t like about the game I guess. If you didn’t like the slow burn story, Azure kicks off faster and has clear, higher stakes. If you didn’t like the general gameplay loop / structure, Azure is very similar and takes place in Crossbell again.

From the vibe of your post, sounds like you should walk away after rolling credits in Zero. It doesn’t end on a cliffhanger so you can call your journey there. Personally, Azure is one of my favorites in the series FWIW with satisfying continuations and payoffs for the characters and world despite having a few elements I strongly dislike (Shirley sucks!), but if you aren’t vibing with Zero I wouldn’t force yourself to play it.

Last edited:
Depends what you liked and didn’t like about the game I guess. If you didn’t like the slow burn story, Azure kicks off faster and has clear, higher stakes. If you didn’t like the general gameplay loop / structure, Azure is very similar and takes place in Crossbell again.

From the vibe of your post, sounds like you should walk away after rolling credits in Zero. It doesn’t end on a cliffhanger so you can call your journey there. Personally, Azure is one of my favorites in the series FWIW with satisfying continuations and payoffs for the characters and world despite having a few elements I strongly dislike (Shirley sucks!), but if you aren’t vibing with Zero I wouldn’t force yourself to play it.
I actually really liked the game.

Just felt like a bit much with the excessive dialogue, some of it felt like stuff you could’ve said/Shown with fewer words.

But reason being the game felt like an intro up until chapter 3. And even then, that was a looooon chapter. The hi speed setting really helped the game. Gameplay is Fun, just a little slow

I actually really liked the game.

Just felt like a bit much with the excessive dialogue, some of it felt like stuff you could’ve said/Shown with fewer words.

But reason being the game felt like an intro up until chapter 3. And even then, that was a looooon chapter. The hi speed setting really helped the game. Gameplay is Fun, just a little slow
Ah yeah, the series in general is very wordy and generally moves at a relaxed pace especially in the first games of each arc as they are typically laying the groundwork for the big events to mean more down the road.

If you did walk away largely really liking the game, yeah then I’d definitely recommend Azure. You’ll get the full story of the SSS and Crossbell there. It still moves at a relaxed pace, but the story picks up in Chapter 2 in Azure and is more grand in scope.

Got Snow Runner in the current sale since a friend recommended me a lot, and so far it's been fun. Really the challenge is navigating the terrain but when you manage to clear it and complete your mission feels good. Also there is a shit ton to do, but thankfully you can do it at your pace and there is no penatly for wrecking your truck (There is hard mode where you have to pay if you want that challenge though)

Well, it was... busier than expected.

Saturday came and went, and i spent the whole day testing my S24. That thing is a beast, but it has serious throttling issues, i got both Ace Combat 5 and Gran Turismo 4 running without hitches for almost 1.5 hours. Shame we europeans are stuck with the Exynos 2400, apparently the Snapdragon version performs even better.

But that's all i did: Testing testing testing, can't think of a game that i played more than half an hour, or a service that i used extensively. Gaming wise, it was a bit boring.

Sunday was more interesting. First of all, i played and completed Silent Hill: The Short Message on stream, and while i'll post it a mini-review on the finished games thread later, i can say here and now that that game is better than the reviews say, and that i think that it's being unfairly punished for being a Silent Hill game. Gaming press is still hung in the PS2 era with that series, they're too unforgiving, imo.

After that, i went to cuddle with my cats and grabbed my Switch to go further into Pokémon Scarlet: The Indigo Disk. I finally beat the Blueberry's academy Elite 4, it was a really engaging series of battles even when i outleveled all of them by at least 5 levels, and had a well rounded team that gave me type advantage with all of them.

Curiously enough, Kieran (it's that his name in english? The insecure brat that goes all tyranical and insufferable in the academy) was the easiest despite having read some people commenting that this trash moped the floor with them. Maybe it's because i kept a balance between offence and deffence, and had a couple of tanks in the team, but he wasn't anything special. Despite that, beating him was so gratifying!

I turned off the console while in the middle of exploring the area beyond lab zero. I think i already said this, but the whole area zero is, probably, the best final dungeon Gamefreak has ever designed, at least from the art standpoint. I love every single facet of it.

Plans for the week? Finishing Pokémon Scarlet once and for all so i can focus on raids and online battles, as well as jumping back to SoulSilver. Also, maybe going further into Horizon Zero Dawn? I don't want to drop that game again.

My weekend report - it was a good weekend for games! For Under Night In-Birth II I did finish six more arcade modes as I planned so now I’m down to the final four left. I’m not sure what my plan for UNI2 will be after that yet, but I do expect to keep playing afterwards. For Love Live School Idol Festival 2, I mostly stuck with the music game portion and had fun there. The game I played most was Like A Dragon 8. I had been fairly thorough clearing out substories so far until I hit the last few near the mall that are in dangerous areas. I decided to continue with the story for now which I’m overleveled for and I left off in the middle of chapter 4’s dungeon. I’ll try to write a post in the RPG ST with more thoughts later, but yeah LAD8 has been rad.

One last thing, I unexpectedly beat a video game this weekend as I played all four levels of Sega Bass Fishing inside LAD8. The first three levels went smoothly, but that last level is absolutely brutal. Probably took me like 30 attempts to catch a super big bass. Felt absolute relief and triumph when I finally caught one.

Pretty much the only game I put any time into this weekend was Need for Speed. I didn't play any 13 Sentinels, didn't play any TLoU 2, didn't even play Picross 3D. I have being sick to thank for that. Ugh.

Mostly just trained up in FFXIII, not much forward progress there. I’m at 3-6 in Tropical Freeze now, enjoying it so far! I have plenty of stuff left to get before that point, but I’m just casually playing and progressing for now. So far I really have no complaints, it’s great. I wonder what 10 years ago me’s issue was.

Back
Top Bottom