• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |2/2-2/4|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Happy Friday! Welcome to our coolest and only weekly weekend thread. It’s your one-stop-shop for all things weekend. Tell us your plans! Tell us about the games you’re playing! You all know the drill. Let’s go!

——————

My wife and I are supposed to go to a friend’s wedding tomorrow, but we probably won’t be able to go. Both boys have come down with colds, my wife has it too, and I think I might be getting sick also. So that sucks. At least that means more time for games, I guess?

My main games are the same as they’ve been for the past few weeks - 13 Sentinels - Aegis Rim and The Last of Us Part II Remastered. I need to focus on TLoU this weekend. I want to have it finished before Rebirth comes out at the end of the month, so hopefully I can get in a good number of hours with it this weekend.

But TLoU is a “only play at night when the family is asleep” game, so I’ve also got a number of side games going - Picross 3D, Need for Speed Underground, and Trials HD. My two year-old loves watching Trials. He asks to watch the dirt bike game, which is adorable.

——————

What games are you going to play? Let us know! Stay safe, and have a great weekend pals.

EoATkWo.gif

Didn’t get to play games during the week really, so I’ll be resuming my Gran Pulse tour in Final Fantasy XIII right where I left it last weekend. I’ll also be tucking into Death Stranding: Director’s Cut on iPad. Absolutely loved this game when I played it at launch, and the port is pretty good. Excited to finally give it another spin and check out the DC content, which seems like a lot of fun.

On Switch: racing games! Cruis’n Blast, Burnout Paradise, Wave Race 64.

Last weekend, I had what felt like too much to play, with No Return, In Stars And Time, Another Code and Apollo Justice, and now I have P3 Reload too.

Lots to kill time with before FF7 Rebirth drops!

Finished the first three chapters (+the two intro chapters) of Bayonetta 3 this week - pretty cool game, but in my book, Pt Games is just very good at exactly this. Spent this afternoon replaying the first three chapters to get the Blood Tears and all the Verses, come tomorrow I'll be delving into what's beyond Ch. 3.

most likely going to an arcade I’ve never been to today or tomorrow. they’ve got Mushimesama Futari and Progear and Tetris TGM3 and other stuff and, most importantly for me, Theatrhythm—very excited for that.
otherwise still poking at FF8 and maybe making my fourth attempt at the ZeroRanger final boss, which is honestly not even that hard but the pressure keeps getting to me lol

So that Tekken 8 mini-tournament my friends and I had planned for the weekend didn't pan out (thanks adulthood) so I guess I'm back to running my business in Bear and Breakfast.

Aside from that, I'll also be playing a game of the non-video game variety-- football!

It is Octopath Traveler 2 for me. Currently doung Thorne 1st chapter, I have only done three prior, so I am at the beginning.

Again continuing with Golden Sun (GBA) and testing Zephyr’s Pass (GBC). Really glad Incub8 Games is beta testing these games. Sure, I’m providing free labor, but for the greater good, the final product will be better.

I may revisit Resident Evil 2 remake (PS4). I left off on the William Birkin boss constantly punching my face in.

On PC: I think I'm about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way through Tomb Raider 2013, so I'm gonna try and finish that this weekend. I've also fallen back into Rocket League in a big way

On Switch: Thinking about starting Red Dead Redemption. I played the heck out of it back in the day but would always lose steam around the West Elizabeth chapter; at this point I already know how it ends, but I think this'll be the time I actually play through to the credits on my own. I'm also back on that Vampire Survivors bullshit now that I picked up the Among Us DLC

I'll be continuing with Final Fantasy XIV. After a long time away from the game, I feel like I've mostly derusted the classes I play (Ninja/Dragoon) and I've done most of the Shadowbringers patch content. Just have one more of the Nier raids left to do and then patch 5.5 and I'll be onto Endwalker. I've been trying to run a lot of duty roulette too because honestly the biggest derust left is just relearning individual dungeon/trial/raid mechanics.

Final Fantasy VII Remake continues. I got through the first Wall Market sequence this week and arrived at the Ghost Trainyard last night. Very, very excited for the upcoming chapters.

Still playing and loving Prince of Persia portably. It's crazy how nuts they went with the abilities. They easily could have aped Metroid Dread and used more traditional abilities to keep players hooked, but they really went the distance and made their own thing. Crazy!

I'll be focusing on Ori and the Blind Forest this weekend, maybe wrapping it up if I have enough time to really play.

Again continuing with Golden Sun (GBA) and testing Zephyr’s Pass (GBC). Really glad Incub8 Games is beta testing these games. Sure, I’m providing free labor, but for the greater good, the final product will be better.

I may revisit Resident Evil 2 remake (PS4). I left off on the William Birkin boss constantly punching my face in.
I think you fight that boss in RE2 like three times. Which one are you on?

I think you fight that boss in RE2 like three times. Which one are you on?
Still the first one.

I dropped the game after this boss murder-death-killed me a few times. Not intentionally; something came up. Normally, if I’m stuck, I’ll look up a guide which I didn’t do here yet. I figure I better pick it up again before I completely forget how to play it.

I don't think the universe wants me to play Baldur's Gate 3.

I earmarked this weekend for it, then ended up with relatives visiting and a Monday morning job interview.

I then pencilled in Monday afternoon and Tuesday afternoon for it, only to have another interview for next Friday, but with a pre-interview task which'll need completing by Wednesday morning.

So, what am I playing this weekend? I don't know! I'll probably manage a bit more Baten Kaitos tonight. If I do start something new, it'll either be retro or indie; given the health condition I have has both dexterity and cognitive effects, something long and complex like BG3 is best started when I have something of a large window of opportunity. Life gets in the way once again.

I started Monster Hunter Rise.
I play games since 1985 and I never played one with so much tutorials in my life. Text over text, menu that opens a submenu that opens a sub-submenu spamming you with nom stop information. Jfc! And when you think you're starting to get the hang of it rampage happens (which was boring tbh) and you get another tutorials...
The game is fun don't get me wrong, but when the solution is to watch youtube videos I have to roll my eyes.
I'll stick with it, but the first impression was baffling bad.

Not sure, Storm is messing with my head a bit. On the Xbox side probably trying to finish the LAD7 intro, maybe see if I can get momentum on Soulcalibur 6 or Ace Combat 7
On the switch side, keep chipping away at Golden Sun and Good Job. Maybe see if I get in the vibe on Kamiwaza, Orochi warriors 4 or FFIX.

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown! In the homestretch now, looking to finish it this weekend.

I picked up the Eastward: Octopia DLC, only gave it about 30 mins so far cause I'm still enjoying PoP so much. But I'll give that a better look at some point too, especially if I wrap up PoP earlier than expected.

Best thread on Fami!

Got 2 games on the go at the moment, on Steam Deck I am still playing Marvel Midnight Suns and I’m enjoying it a lot. Even the social parts which some didn’t seem to like have really clicked with me.

Over on Switch I’ve started playing Dawn of the Monsters which is a cool 2D beat em up, can modify the characters with upgrades as well so some customisation to it. I am toying with the idea of starting Disco Elysium as another community are currently having a play along of it, not sure if it’s a good idea to get another game started on the go though haha.

Recently got into Splatoon 3, definitely taking up a lot of my play time. I'm still working through BOTW. I've finished the DLC and realistically could go to Ganon right now if I felt like it, but part of me is wanting to 100% the game before I head over to TOTK. Stupid brain. I'm using a guide of course, so it's not all so bad.

Got 24 Strawberries in Celeste 64 (Steam Deck), can I get the remaining 6? Going to give it a go at least. Other two games currently on the go are Lies of P (Xbox Series S) and Cassette Beasts (Steam Deck).

I may also start Persona 3 Reload (Xbox Series S), but not sure yet. I try and keep the number of games I have on the go at one time to a minimum because otherwise I can just drift off games and not see them through.

I was just betrayed in the fantasy tactics game Triangle Strategy and I'm gonna have to fight my way out of a very mean scenario. 😂 This game is so great, I can't get enough- I'm playing daily that's how hooked I am!

iu

The bulk of my weekend will be put into Persona 3 Reload. While imt familiar with the full P3 story, and have played a chunk of P3P (FeMC route), I've never actually played the entire game, and this presentation glow up is pretty outstanding. Looking forward to digging into the game.

But I've also been plucking away at Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney via the recent trilogy release. I'm enjoying it but there are definitely some frustrating things I had forgotten, haha.

Nintendo Direct waiting game.

But seriously probably TOTK more, doing sidequests still after many hours. And on PS5 Genshin Impact which is pretty fun exploring around so far.

Probably will be done with PoP tomorrow, so I'll focus on beating Jujutsu Kaisen Cursed Clash. There isn't many games coming out right now, I have to take it slow or I'll be without anything to play.

Maybe I could get that Nep game, Sisters vs Sisters, which I skipped last month. There still are two weeks until Tomb Raider collection...

I'm not sure at the moment, I'll make a more interesting post later but between now and Sunday night I'd like to put more time in Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition (Switch), F-Zero 99 and Exoprimal (Xbox Gamepass PC).

Tonight for sure I'll be trying out the Tales of Kenzera Zau demo on Steam! Been very interested in this metroidvania game since The Game Awards last year in 2023. Been hearing some good impressions too.

Hard to say, I might not play anything but if I do, probably starting either Trails of Cold Steel or Red Dead Redemption II (both via PS5). I’m also considering playing Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS) again to get the last ending in that game I have yet to get (Naoya).

The Yuffie DLC for FFVIIR, some of the post game stuff for Lego DC Supervillains and Silent Hill. Maybe the Tekken 8 story mode as well
I’m trying to finish up the main story of ff7r myself for my replay. On chapter 17.

Hopefully I can start spider man 2 if these stomach issues don’t bother me anymore.

I really don't know. Just finished PoP and want to do play something more relaxing this weekend. Maybe some picross

Finished Xeno 3 Future Redeemed, so I can solely focus on Persona 3 Reload, which will take me several weeks to complete.

Playing the Apollo Justice trilogy and this 2d Zelda clone game that released last month on the eshop called Saga of the Moon Priestess. You play as a woman rescuing a prince. Pretty good for like $5.

Received my betakey for Stormgate so I'll be playing that
Will also try to beat Super Mario RPG. If I can muster some motivation to do so

Might start another HGSS replay. I like to replay a Pokemon game if I'm working on the computer because the gameplay loop is so relaxing for me.

Alternatively maybe back to Rayman Legends. Liked what I've played but been too swamped to play games much in general last few weeks.

Not sure how much time I will have this weekend. Have to drop off a shitton of used books tomorrow and working on Sunday but if I can get in some playtime I will continue Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix. Just reached the end of the first half.

I'M GOING TO KILL PRAXIS!​

Nah jk going to try to play a fighting game for once with Tekken 8, maybe get in some Prey 2017 time if I have the chance

I finally did it. I bought Yakuza: Like a Dragon on sale this week and got-up to Chapter 3. My first Yakuza game ever. Let's see whether this experience delivers on the hype!

A bit going on right now, but I’ll be bouncing between three games this weekend. I’ve been playing two rounds of Arcade mode every day in Under Night In-Birth II along with a handful of random matches so I’m aiming to finish six more this weekend. Excited to tackle Mika’s especially since she is one of my favorite characters. I’m also enjoying Like A Dragon Infinite Wealth still and I’m in the middle of Chapter 3. I’ve been doing substories as they open up so I’ve been in this chapter for a while now, but I’m having a great time.

The third game I’m playing is Love Live School Idol Festival 2 which just launched yesterday and is set to close down at the end of May. There’s 600 songs in the music game portion to enjoy so I definitely want to play my favorites. I haven’t started it yet, but I’m curious to check out whatever story stuff is there too. Given this game will cease to exist in four months, it has a degree of priority, so Another Code will be on hold for a while.

Well, I played a whole bunch of Wave Race and Cruis’n last night (both rad of course), and so this morning I’m moving on to one of my big catchups of the year: Tropical Freeze. Had it on Wii U, remember not loving it, didn’t get close to finishing. Got it as a gift for Switch, didn't play it…until now. You win DK freaks, I’m giving it another shot!

Renewed my NSO sub for a month, so it'll be more Splatatatatatatatoon 3 for me! Not sure if I'll play ranked or salmon run though

I have a fairly busy weekend ahead. Yesterday i received a base Samsung S24, and while the loss of resolution and screen estate compared to my Redmi Note 11 pro are more than noticeable, the machine is a beast* as far as i've tested - and it still have a lot to try.

It feels weird to be able to reliably emulate PS2 games on a phone not bigger than my hand when not long ago i struggled to play Lament of Innocence on my desktop PC without sound glitches galore.

*We europeans are getting the Exynos 2400 chipset instead of the new Snapdragon, but it's still crazy powerful.

Also, if someone can recommend a controller... the Kishi V1 is horrible on the base S24.

So, less games planned for today and 'morrow, but i have already decided in what to play:

Pokémon Scarlet: The Indigo Disk
I'm halfway into the league - already beaten two members of the Elite 4 - and i'm going to prioritize it over Soulsilver until i'm done with it. I don't think i can get through it in a single weekend, but i want it out of my backlog before the Pokémon day presentation, for some reason.

Horizon: Zero Dawn
Yeah, i'm going further into the game. Not going to lie, playing it on PC has reignited my interest on it. I had forgotten how interesting the story actually was for me, and i want get further into the game, at least a little.

As for the side games, not much planned...

S24 emulation testing ahoy
Let's see... PS2, Gamecube, Wii, 3DO... I want to see what this baby can actually handle. I have several games in mind, and i plan to stick with two of them in particular - if they run properly.

I dunno, this baby can run Gran Turismo 4 without breaking a sweat, the Ace Combat games shouldn't be much harder... right?

Silent Hill: The short message
I'm only planning one single playthrough on stream, but it's still in my plans, so... it gets in. Only member of the channel with a PS5, so i'll have to obligue i guess.

The Supreme Simcade combo
Wich means FM and GT7. I've realized i play these two every day, be it for the weekly challenges, the events or whatever, so they get in the list either way.

I was just betrayed in the fantasy tactics game Triangle Strategy and I'm gonna have to fight my way out of a very mean scenario. 😂 This game is so great, I can't get enough- I'm playing daily that's how hooked I am!

iu

The same exact thing happened to me despite that being the opposite of what I wanted! The fights were tougher but I still enjoyed the ride.

As for me...

omIWj7G.png

Atelier Ryza 1! Putting in an hour or two into the game everyday. I think that at this point, I should be on the halfway point? The story isn't really complex but it is engaging enough. You really get into trying to collect every single resources out there. Thank goodness, the option to fast travel back to the Atelier to deposit all the resources and then back into the field again is quick and smooth.

At the same time, it's Empolean Tera Raid time over in Pokemon Violet. So gonna be hopping back into Paldea to do raids with friends. Really, the biggest joy of that game are the friends you make along the way. Both in game and irl.

I started Alan Wake II a couple days ago, but it's not really clicking with me -- I like the narrative, but everything about the gameplay (investigations, traversal, resource management, and combat) is exceedingly off-putting. The first game's mechanics were more enjoyable despite being very simple. So I've dropped it.

Instead, I'm continuing Opus: Echo of Starsong and replaying Metroid Dread, while waiting on the next Baldur's Gate 3 patch. I've got to remark on what a joy it is to control Samus after playing so many other clunky games. Dread is so fluid and responsive. I still dislike the EMMI battles (the hold L+Y, hold L+R and press Y bits), but they're only a few seconds out of the whole game.

Haven’t settled on anything concrete. I did try out the Mario vs DK demo. Cute and fun. Just wish the demo was longer.

Back
Top Bottom