• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |2/16-2/18|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Gosh, it’s been one heck of a week for video game news, huh? No one knows what’s going on, and everyone is losing their minds. Luckily, we have a safe haven from the storm, a stronghold, our refuge: actually playing games that are currently available.

Welcome to the weekly weekend thread! It’s your one-stop-shop for all things “whatcha playing, Fam?” and also “weekend”. We all have actual, tangible (or not, in the case of digital titles) video games available for us to play, right now. Forget about all that future nonsense, and tell us what you’re going to be playing in your free time over the next few days.

——————

My to-play list is largely the same as it’s been for the past several weeks: The Last of Us Part II Remastered, 13 Sentinels - Aegis Rim, Picross 3D, and Need for Speed Underground. I’m actually going to finish NFS this weekend! And then I just need to force myself not to start another PS2 game afterwards, because I’m playing way too many games at the moment. Case in point, this weekend I’m also going to be spending time with Halo: Combat Evolved from the MCC on the Steam Deck.

It’s looking less and less likely like I’ll have a clean slate before Rebirth drops. 😰

——————

That’s all I got for you, folks. Stay safe, and have a great weekend!

I'm gonna continue on with h Persona 3 Reload. Really hoping I can finish it before FFVII Rebirth comes out but that's looking a little less likely now.

Also been playing Tomb Raider 1-3 Remastered, currently in the Egypt section of TR1. This is a real blast of nostalgia, I love it.

I'll be playing Advance Wars 2 in the Reboot camp collection (I'm about 2/3 of the way through I think, so I might be able to wrap it up soon) and probably jump into some Hades as well. Took a while to grow on me but I'm actually really enjoying Hades.

I ended up spending a lot more time on Warframe with my friend this week than I planned, oops. So it's still Lies of P (Series S) and Cassette Beasts (Steam Deck), hoping to make some good progress on both!

That said tomorrow I'm going to meet friends to play MTG commander, so might not be playing much.

I'll be busy with other stuff most of the weekend, but it looks like it's finally time to start Baldur's Gate 3!

Plugging away at the Iki Island content for Ghost of Tsushima. I've explored the entire coastline and now working my way into the center while doing some sidequests and main story missions.

Personally, I'll be playing some more Mario RPG.

All of the Nintendo reporting will be playing with my feelings, though.

I'm about seven hours into Kirby's Epic Yarn on Wii and loving it! Will probably have that one wrapped up soon and will have to figure out what to jump into next.

gj8J4fq.gif

Yakuza: Like A Dragon has completely and utterly taken over my Xbox. Still playing a little Stranger of Paradise too but…dang. The story is so good that I’ve been just sprinting from marker to marker! Time to slow it down and get to some of those juicy side activities this weekend.

Over on the Switch, it’s Tomb Raider Remastered. Started this morning and have been having a great time so far. For a game that’s damn-near 30 years old, the open exploration feels surprisingly modern. Just goes to show how influential TR has been to video games!

I will make an attempt to play some more Bayonetta 3.

Been kinda busy the last few weekends though, it's been difficult to get some game time in.

Gonna pick up Mario vs Donkey Kong later so probably that and more Helldivers with friends.

Playing Persona 5 Royal for the first time. 5 in general actually.

Pretty much similar to how I remember pervious Persona game. Looooong intro but at least the dungeon design here was way better then same cut and paste style. Tho I’ve only done the first one.

Although Is it the same thing where you can complete the palace all in one go rather then wait till the deadline?

I know people love the UI style and whatnot. But it’s too much sometimes for me lol, looks cool, but would’ve liked more simplicity. And readability especially.

still early so I’m getting nonstop exposition and learning new stuff and whatnot so it’s not a bad start if Im
Still interested in playing it. But it’s been a long intro lol

Got really sick last night, but luckily I think I'm starting to feel well enough to play things. It will still be a lazy weekend of recovery, though.

I will continue with Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. That one slipped through the cracks over the years, so this is the first time I'm playing it. Solid game so far.

I will also start Persona 3 Reload. With all the uncertainty going on in gaming news, this is the type of game I need to sink some time into. Looking forward to it!

I'm going to switch it up this weekend and play more Sonic Fronters Final Horizon DLC (Steam) and knock out Spark the Electric Jester 3 (Steam) before Splatoon 3 Side Order releases next week. I know I'll be able to finish Spark 3, but that last DLC for Sonic Frontiers is definitely a good challenge! So not sure on that.

So yes...Exoprimal and F-Zero 99 will take a break from my rotation for a while lol.

Last edited:
I just finished god of war Ragnarok so I'll be playing some online games I'm trying to get into so I'm trying destiny, helldiver's 2 and crash team rumble

My next backlog game is devil may cry v

I was going to start Baldur's Gate 3 (finally!) this afternoon, only to be hit by a 48GB update. I'm now due to go out for the evening and am not sure exactly how the weekend will pan out, but hopefully it's finally time to begin. Exciting.

Currently playing Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, as well as Mario Kart DS. Playing on my DSi XL.

I was going to start Baldur's Gate 3 (finally!) this afternoon, only to be hit by a 48GB update. I'm now due to go out for the evening and am not sure exactly how the weekend will pan out, but hopefully it's finally time to begin. Exciting.
this is hilarious

I dug into my backlog a bit during the week and came out with Dead Cells, which I only played 90 minutes of apparently when I bought it back in (checks notes) 2019. Didn't click back then, but I've already tripled that playtime with limited weekday playtime, so it's working for me now. That's my only real set plan to play this weekend, but I'll probably dip into some other stuff too. Trying not to spend money with a direct (still, apparently) on the horizon.

Although Is it the same thing where you can complete the palace all in one go rather then wait till the deadline?
Yeah, my memory's hazy but I think there's a few which can't just be done in one day for story reasons? But in my playthrough I just got them out of the way as quickly as possible and just spent the remainder of the days doing Social Links or Mementos.

I absolutely love Starship Troopers- so when six friends decided to jump into Helldivers 2 I figured why the fuck not, Triangle Strategy is breaking me with its Hard mode. :LOL:

Spreading managed democracy and killing bugs is a literal blast, the advanced difficulties are where I think it really shines- you’re struggling to complete what once were simple objectives, scrambling, always frantically escaping, a really fun and often funny time.

Gaming will mostly be the same for me this weekend as last, main games on the go are Marvel Midnight Suns and Half Life, both on Steam Deck. I’m pretty close to the end of HL I think so I may get to finish that up.

I’ve picked up a few games in Steam Sales as well so I’ll probably fire a few up and dabble with them to see what I want to play next.

Happy weekend Fami!

I’m getting Splatoon 3 tomorrow!

For now, another few rounds of No Return has been done tonight, and it’s not going well. To hell with clickers.

Picked up the Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster collection while it was on sale (finally...) so I'm gonna start that. Final Fantasy VI is one of my favorite games, but I'm gonna save it for last. Think I'll start FFIV, since I haven't played it yet.

Same as the previous weeks: Octopath Traveler 2. I finished today chapter 2 of Partitio and I plan on focusing on sidequests as well as optional dungeons since it appears a level spike is approaching relatively soon.

I have a free week first time in ages! I think I'll focus on PS5, I have many games waiting for me to finish. I'll start with Uncharted: Lost Legacy then move on to Horizon Forbidden West. If any chance I finish both in 9 days then it's GoW Ragnarok's turn. Left it halfway during its launch week.

I ended up spending a lot more time on Warframe with my friend this week than I planned, oops. So it's still Lies of P (Series S) and Cassette Beasts (Steam Deck), hoping to make some good progress on both!

That said tomorrow I'm going to meet friends to play MTG commander, so might not be playing much.
How are you enjoying Cassette Beasts? I was thinking about trying it on Game Pass as someone who hasn't been able to get into Pokémon since Yellow.

I started both Little Nightmares 2 playing with my wife and Batman Arkham Asylum this week so I'll perhaps get some playtime in on those

LN2 - Chapter 2 send shivers down my spine. Terrifying stuff :p Granted I am not built for horror games. Great so far.

Batman - It's all right and I'll finish it.. but not really feeling the magic. I'm usually not that keen from the superhits of the PS360 era and this is no difference sadly.

Wrapped up one of my all time faves, Golden Sun. I’ll save starting the sequel for next week tho, I’ll need a downtime comfort food. This weekend I’ll see if I can get in the groove in an already started RPG: Ryza or FFIX. Resisting the temptation to start P5R. May do some Soulcalibur and ace combat too this weekend. Oh and way of the thief… or crash 4. Maybe some AI

Gonna continue with Final Fantasy V, I haven't had much gaming time this week so I'm super early into it still, but having fun.

I should play more F-Zero X for the Exploring NSO project, but honestly I think I'll stick with FFV during the weekend. But who knows, maybe I dabble a bit more into F-Zero as well.

How are you enjoying Cassette Beasts? I was thinking about trying it on Game Pass as someone who hasn't been able to get into Pokémon since Yellow.
It's a lot of fun, but it does wear its inspiration on its sleeve. A lot of its mechanics are twists on Pokemon mechanics, for example it has type matchups like Pokemon, but hitting a supereffective attack tends to have some sort of debuff effect instead of purely doing more damage. Water, for example, extinguishes fire debuffing the monster with attack down, but fire burns grass causing the monster to take damage over time, and grass leeches from water working similarly to Leech Seed from Pokemon.

It's got more of a... standard RPG feel to it too? The game's main story paths feel reminiscent of Scarlet and Violet's three paths; there's gym leaders ranger captains to beat, though they focus on a particular strategy more than a type, big bosses to fight that are much more like traditional RPG fights, and an evil organisation that needs taking down. But you also have NPC companions who have personal stories and other more minor sidequests.

The game map isn't strictly linear and you can explore and do stuff as you want. You get new overworld abilities by recording certain monsters (catching essentially), which can open up new paths and shortcuts.

If you don't like Pokemon, this might not work for you either, honestly. I suppose it depends on why you can't get into Pokemon. But it has a cool aesthetic and some great music, and I'm enjoying just meandering around and tackling stuff at my own pace.

I'm still going to be working on Xenoblade 3. Besides that, I've started dabbling again in a couple of retro collections - the Contra Anniversary Collection and the Mega Man X Legacy Collection. Would like to finish some games out of them at least.

I’m finally finishing up Sonic frontiers on series x, you know, only a mere two years after I bought.

And I’m finally, FINALLY, at the end of baldur’s gate 3 on the pc

I have just finished up LAD 8, which was really great, so I started up Fate/Samurai Remnant on ps5 which will hopefully do me neatly from now until Rebirth time. So far I'm having a blast! I'm not a deep Fate fan, I've watched and enjoyed two of the anime series and that's about it, but I really like HW: AoC and I was interesting to play an action rpg built on the bones of the Warriors stuff; so far it's working out really well.

Also on switch I am still playing an hour or so of of Eastward's recent dlc, Octopia every day and loving it, it's exactly what I hoped it would be in terms of giving me a fun new way to engage that world and the characters from the main story again and it's just a really relaxing fun well balanced farmy life sim game too!

Got a resource doubler in Warframe so I'm going to be farming void traces tonight then relics tomorrow. Might be able to knock out Gauss Prime's weapons this next week if I'm lucky.

Besides that, I'll probably put some more time into Triangle Strategy or pick Dave the Diver back up.

Last edited:
I’m visiting the family but I’ve got my Switch with me. So it’s going to be Splatoon 3 (Splatfest!) and maybe Mario Wonder when I’m not throwing down in Mario Kart 8 DX with my sibling.

It certainly feels like I haven’t had a lot of gaming time on the weekends lately so this will be a nice weekend.

I'm still trekking through Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate's online before the Wi-fi service ends for good. I've replayed the single player quite a bit, but it's been a long time since I went from HR1 all the way to finishing G rank. It's been a very nostalgic ride.

Also on the menu is some Splatfest goodness and continuing my Dragon's Dogma 1 replay before the sequel drops!

I'm still going to be working on Xenoblade 3. Besides that, I've started dabbling again in a couple of retro collections - the Contra Anniversary Collection and the Mega Man X Legacy Collection. Would like to finish some games out of them at least.
Hey i just played through that, nice.

My current game Return of the Obra Dinn.

NFS Underground is finished!

It’s extremely repetitive and that makes it feel kinda grindy. There’s 112 total events, and I think I could have done with half that number. But it wasn’t too bad playing through it - I just put on an audiobook and mindlessly did races. Good fun, most of the time. The later events got to be a little too frustrating, so I’ll admit that I dropped the difficulty down to keep the aggravation at a minimum.

Still, I’m glad that I got to play this again. A real blast from the past for me. Brings me right back to 2004.

I haven’t had much time for games at all this week, so I’m very excited for the weekend here. I did get Mario Vs Donkey Kong and Arzette this week, but I’m sticking with my two games from last week. For Love Live School Idol Festival 2 I finished the first event yesterday. It was pretty thin for most of it, but the final chapter was pretty neat. I’ll probably just stick to dailies at least for today and tomorrow.

I’m most eager to dive back into Like A Dragon 8 Infinite Wealth. I’m currently trapped on Dondoko Island with my resort rating at 2 stars. I’m not leaving until I have a five star resort and have had 100 guests for the trophies so I have a lot of Dondoko ahead. It’s a very fun mode so far, but I’ve been frustrated I haven’t had the time to make much progress, so I’m glad I should have the time to change that finally this weekend.

First 2024 game of the year! Just completed the first story of Another Code: Recollection and heading into the second one.

The puzzles were... really really simple so far. It's there just to give a slightly more gameplay to the story but otherwise, this is more visual novel than anything. They could probably could have taken out all the puzzles and it won't affect the story. Story twist and turns wise, I think they can afford to have MORE of those. For example, the bit where the dad had implanted memories and was doubting himself can easily be longer for more tension to the story. It was resolved a little too fast for any impact.

Heading into the second story... I'm still at the start of the story. Barely entered the campsite. The bit where you (as Ashley) are allowed to just buy every stupid tacky souvenir in the store on the dad's tab was fun.

Continuing Red Dead Redemption II, now at the mission where they collect the oil barrels and plot to destroy a train. Might also start playing a Gust game, either Atelier Rorona or Ar Tonelico 2.

Work has drained me of energy so I'm not going to be gaming. But for the near future, I'm still trying to get that Tekken 8 get together with friends going, though!

Playing Resident Evil 4 Remake on ps4. Game looks gorgeous and seeing it side by side with my cousin's ps5 version I realise that I don't miss that much by not having a current gen console yet.

Back
Top Bottom