• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |11/24-11/26|

Snake Pass is a good comparison actually . I also need to get back to that one lol
It took a long time for me to get past the learning curve and start thinking like a 🐍 but once I got there, it became one of the most satisfying experiences I've had in a game.

It’s been a busy weekend so not much time to play, but the little I have has been dedicated to FFVI. I recently reached the second half of the game.

I’ve also been working on some music for Dwelling of Duels’ Final Fantasy month. Can’t say what it is since it’s an anonymous competition though.

Finished Portal! Always a pleasure. This is the first time I’ve played the Still Alive maps all the way through I think. Onto 2. Stephen Merchant!

Thinking of doing:

Switch - KOF13
PS5 - Humanity
Xbox - MGS 2
Steam Deck - More BG3
iPhone - Finity on Apple Arcade

Didn't end up playing BG3 much or even MGS2. Did a ton of KOF13 on Switch and both Finity and Pocket Card Jockey on Apple Arcade. KOF13 sucks online, but I'm having loads of fun offline with the 8BitDo Stick. Also Humanity needs a physical release on PS5. Will see if I can play some MGS2 after supper.

Didn't end up playing BG3 much or even MGS2. Did a ton of KOF13 on Switch and both Finity and Pocket Card Jockey on Apple Arcade. KOF13 sucks online, but I'm having loads of fun offline with the 8BitDo Stick. Also Humanity needs a physical release on PS5. Will see if I can play some MGS2 after supper.
I've always wanted to be legit enough at a fighting game to justify a stick purchase lol. That one looks really nice! Good price too. What other fighting games do you play on Switch?

Wait, did the mess up the online for their online re-release? Or in what way does it suck?

Dang I can't believe I forgot to post in here this weekend.

I finished Gunbrella (Switch) and that was pretty fun. I think it took about 12 hours to do all the sidequests and almost all the upgrades. Last boss was a little tricky but nothing too crazy. Another small Devolver Digital banger.

I've been playing a bunch of Exoprimal (Xbox Gamepass PC) again thanks to the 2EXP weekend. So I managed to finish the season 2 pass and unlock everything for the Alpha suits. Very productive! I'm glad the game is still very active. Ready for the Monster Hunter collab in January!

And today I'll be jumping right back into Star Ocean The Second Story R's (Switch) main story. Yesterday I was exploring and was up in Lasmus Mountains trying not to die often lol. After several deaths I did eventually get to lvl 20 and get the treasure chest at the top. I'm really enjoying that game and learning a bunch of new systems in this RPG series.

I know it's Sunday but I hope everyone enjoys the last day of the weekend :)

Last edited:
I've always wanted to be legit enough at a fighting game to justify a stick purchase lol. That one looks really nice! Good price too. What other fighting games do you play on Switch?

I own all almost of them I think. Even the bad ports. I don't play platform fighters/party games outside Smash though, but I don't play Smash with a stick. The fightijng games I have installed right now = KOF13, Skullgirls, Thems Fightin Herds, Samurai Shodown NeoGeo, Samurai Shodown (do not touch this on Switch, awful port), MK1, Street Fighter 30th, and a lot of the ACA NeoGeo games. The stick is amazing and the best beginners stick IMHO.

Feel free to PM me here if you want any advice or help on this stuff. Also the stick is good for arcade games in general and shootemups in addition to fighting games.

Well this evening I started a wee little Wonder Boy-esque Metrodivania-ish game called Aggelos instead. It cost me a princely £1.19 a long time ago and so far it's been worth every penny. Really easy to just pick up and play. The story is basic and follows a Zelda formula (collecting essences) but it's just so damn chirpy and gives me Adventure of Link vibes.

Last edited:
Started a fresh Druid in Diablo II; it put into perspective how disappointing a game Diablo IV was for me. Still feel like a chump for buying the battle pass
I don't know much about Diablo IV but I love OG Diablo and also what I've played of Ressurected on Xbox. (I fell off a Rogue play through some Acts in.)

What is it you don't like about the new title? The always online thing put me off, and other players being in my world. (I guess I'm quite introverted in my gaming as I like to solo pretty much everything.)

Since the weekend is basically over, I can re-visit this thread. I ended up playing a lot, so some of my thoughts:
  • Mario Wonder - almost nearing 100% on W5. The game has been fantastic and likely will be in my top 3 GotY
  • Jedi: Survivor - I'm about 40% done. I am enjoying it more than the predecessor.
  • Spider-Man 2 - I think I am shelving this. It's strange - I really loved the 2018 release and Miles Morales, but I am not really gravitating towards this. It just feels too familiar? I am not sure.
  • Tears of the Kingdom - I have only scratched the surface at ~ 40 hours

I've been dabbling in the SMRPG postgame but also started another Sonic Mania replay after going through Origins and Superstars this year. It really is a shame that this team never returned to Sonic though I'm looking forward to their new 3D platformer.

Well this evening I started a wee little Wonder Boy-esque Metrodivania-ish game called Aggelos instead. It cost me a princely £1.19 a long time ago and so far it's been worth every penny. Really easy to just pick up and play. The story is basic and follows a Zelda formula (collecting essences) but it's just so damn chirpy and gives me Adventure of Link vibes.
I really enjoyed this one, too. It felt like a lost retro game in the best way. Neat secrets littered around the map, too. I think my favorite indie of this type was Elliot Quest back on Wii U, despite a few glitches and difficulty spikes.

Finished my playthrough of Alan Wake before bed last night and now my Alan Wake II / Old Gods of Asgard hype is officially off the charts!

6A5TyHt.gif

Will start in on Control this week.

My end of the weekend report: this weekend was a huge success for gaming! I finally got back to F-Zero 99 and had some fantastic races including some cuthroat GPs (I made the top ten in one of them!). I also finally finished the Pokemon Teal Mask DLC in co-op with all 200 Pokemon caught. I was getting worried with how long it was taking, but I’m excited I’m all set now for the Indigo Disc in December!

With those done, I decided to start my GameCube replay project and I already managed to clear my first four games in it! It was awesome replaying Wario World, Rogue Squadron II, Mario Golf Toadstool Tour, and F-Zero GX. I did some short write ups in the Retro Games ST for all of them.

The only thing I didn’t get to was the Magia Record fan translation, but I’ll get back to it soon so I’m not worried there. I’ll probably be juggling that and some short games including Kirby’s Air Ride and Zelda Four Swords Adventures between now and next weekend.

I didn't post a pre-weekend prediction, but I ended up mostly playing some Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 (unfortunately stuck on a level in the story mode - the AI is really challenging sometimes) and completing We Love Katamari REROLL.

Hectic weekend for me. But I was still able to get in about four hours’ worth of TLoU. Joel and Ellie are on their way now, so I feel like I’m properly out of the tutorial phase. I was also able to clear the main campaign of Bit.Trip Rerunner, which is basically remixed versions of the levels from the original Runner. The game contains the original versions of the levels as well, and I’m halfway through those. This game has checkpoints, unlike the original, so it’s a heck of a lot easier this time around. And finally, I cleared the Lake of Rage questline in Crystal Legacy. I did this right after Morty, so my team was actually a bit under leveled, but it wasn’t too bad.

I’m looking forward to playing more TLoU this week! My Odin 2 is supposed to be coming today, so I’m sure a good chuck of my free time will be dedicated to setting that up and playing some retro stuff on it as well.

Been so busy i wasn't able to do my recap lol. Well, there isn't much to talk about though, but let's talk about it:

Super Mario RPG
Completed Seaside, but didn't really go further. I really love that part though, coming to the village to find the townsfolk acting weird, only to turning out that they were all Yari/Spear/Lanzadovich and his lackeys, and the whole ghost ship stuff including the battle one on one wih the Pirate captain. It has been one of my favorite moments of the game since i first played it on ZSNES.

Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered
I'm reaaaaaally thinking on restoring Pete's original likeness with a mod. Aside of that, reached MJ's first appearance, and it really drives home the fact that the game is really a sequel to Parker's teen adventures. I'm amazed and annoyed at the fact that, even so far into the game, i'm still being given collectibles, it makes the city unnecessarily busier.

Pokémon Scarlet: The Teal Mask
The festival just started. I know i know, i'm going slow, but i've been switching my team a lot and catching wild Pokémon. It's a bit frustrating that, having completed the main adventure, everything is set up at lv +50, because every critter i catch will evolve after just one level. On that note, i was mindlessly running around the Ogre's cave when this little dude popped up out of nowhere
F_99GdhbsAAoQGF

This is, literally, my first Gen 9 shiny (Pokémon Go critters don't count). He went directly into my team.

Also, started Pokémon SoulSilver, but realized that running two simultaneous Pokémon games will burn me out, so i'll wait until finishing at least The Teal Mask.

Overall a good weekend, but a bit too busy so i haven't been able to play as much as i wanted.

Back
Top Bottom