• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |11/24-11/26|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello and happy American Thanksgiving weekend to all US-fami! Some of us have an extended four day weekend, and some of us ..don’t. But that’s ok! A weekend is a weekend, and that means it’s time to talk about what games we’re playing. So in between all the leftover turkey, football, and Black Friday shopping, what are you planning on playing this weekend?

I’m going to have an interesting weekend, gaming-wise. I’m going to start the PS5 version of The Last of Us Part 1 tonight. I have never played TLoU before, and the series has such a staggering reputation, so I’m pretty excited. I also recently started BIT.TRIP RERUNNER which just came out and is on sale on Steam. It’s a remake of the first Runner, with tons of new levels and bonus content, and they also threw in a Mario Maker mode where you can design and upload your own levels. As a big fan of the Runner series, this is amazing. And finally, I’m of course still playing Pokémon Crystal Legacy. My team is basically complete now, and I just got the fourth badge. I’m taking it slow, but I love this game.

That’s it! I hope everyone has a great weekend. Happy gaming!

Began a new muse in Fashion Dreamer and went on a VN spree on Steam. Will be fun!

Got 2 games on the go at the moment, first is Super Mario RPG which I am loving a lot. The other game, well I am also playing The Last of Us Part 1, I did play the original remastered version on PS4 but this Remake looks even better, good story too!

Have a great weekend fami!

My weekend will be delayed because I have to work the whole of Saturday, but after that I’m jumping back into Shin Megami Tensei V. I’ve gotten addicted to building up my team of demons.

There are also a few games that I shelved for a bit because of Armored Core 6 and Super Mario Wonder, so I’m thinking about finishing up Mail Mole, Maneater, They Are Billions and Into The Breach (by which I mean unlock everything).

I restarted The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) in Normal Mode (RIP original save file). I just got to the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab last night.

I don’t want to play one game for months so I’ll break that up with The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (GBA).

I also recently snagged P-Racing (Playdate) in an early Black Friday deal so, you know, Regular Wednesday sale. It’s neat to see how people are working around the handhelds intentional limitations.

Last edited:
Going to try the Fae Farm trial then play SMRPG mostly but I'm sure I'll fit in something else too.

Now that all the games I planned to buy are wrapped up, I cleared out the Switch and Series S and loaded them back up with older stuff to close out the year! Going to video game speed date as many of these as possible and see what I end up getting into:

On Switch
Diablo II Resurrected
Fashion Dreamer
F-ZERO 99
Metal Gear Solid 3
Portal 1 & 2
Star Wars: Jedi Outcast
Super Mario 3D All-Stars
Super Mario Maker 2

On Xbox
Alan Wake Remastered
Control Ultimate Edition
Elden Ring
Metal Gear Solid 2
Otogi: Myth of Demons
Sunset Overdrive

I've been lucky to be bouncing around between a bunch of great games lately with limited time. I'm doing some unexpected traveling tonight so I might play Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on my phone with controller support and/or Half-Life.

When we're back home, we are definitely going to play Parappa the Rapper 2 on PS5.

All bangers.

I finished Resident Evil Village yesterday evening and now I'm playing the DLC Shadows of Rose. Not sure how long that will hold my attention though, seems very much like a "been there, done that" kinda deal and I wasn't super into the story or characters of the main game so...

I've been fiending to play Alan Wake II but Swiss prices are terrible and I haven't been able to find a code for XBOX so I'm gonna wait for a bit longer.

I’m playing Trails of Cold Steel 1

Pretty decent so far.

And of course Slay the Spire here and there. Restarted a file and finished a run on my first go with Silent. Tho it was a lucky draw. Got the relic that gives you +1 strength if you play 3 attack cards in one turn and my Silent got 2 cards that gives you 4 Shives early on.

Thinking of doing:

Switch - KOF13
PS5 - Humanity
Xbox - MGS 2
Steam Deck - More BG3
iPhone - Finity on Apple Arcade

I finished Resident Evil Village yesterday evening and now I'm playing the DLC Shadows of Rose. Not sure how long that will hold my attention though, seems very much like a "been there, done that" kinda deal and I wasn't super into the story or characters of the main game so...

I've been fiending to play Alan Wake II but Swiss prices are terrible and I haven't been able to find a code for XBOX so I'm gonna wait for a bit longer.
I saw some people say they found Xbox codes for 35 Euro but I can't recall if it involved VPN (not worth doing) or not.

I saw some people say they found Xbox codes for 35 Euro but I can't recall if it involved VPN (not worth doing) or not.
Yeah, most likely VPN. I've been looking everywhere and couldn't really find anything even approaching that price.

I just finished Contra from the anniversary collection on switch, so there's that. I got Bayonetta 3 for Christmas last year and... I still haven't opened it. Maybe it's time?

Or, maybe I'm feeling like trying Fire Emblem on the GBA NSO? Maybe I will play the Magilor epilogue on Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe? It's one of those times when I'm not dead set on playing anything in particular.

Been playing The Last Faith on Switch.

Great game overall but the Switch version is unplayable. Get any other version of the game than the switch version.

iu

Twenty-three weeks of Tears of the Kingdom, played happily in the passenger seat of a car on holiday this week!

4 of 5 phenomena complete and an ending in sight, as I don't find many monsters that intimidate me anymore- and I solved many a side adventure of puzzle and fame. Picking up Super Mario Wonder and Pikmin 4 tomorrow because Nintendo has me feasting this year!!!!!!

I think this is the weekend where I start up Deathloop and Omori. Heard good stuff about both and I loved Dishonored.
My mate also hooked me up with a copy of Deathloop as well thanks to the recent Bethesda Steam sale, I'm super interested to check it out too. I always thought the art and concept were nothing short of sublime really, a great amalgamation. I'm interested to chart its depths.

Last edited:
I distinctly remember thinking it was too slow as a teenager, but I think MGS 3 might have my favourite opening chapter of a game...ever? The setting, the supporting cast. The mixed media of in-game graphics, illustration and archival footage. Talking movies with Para-Medic. Snake and Ocelot repeatedly having their clocks cleaned in spectacular fashion!

I distinctly remember thinking it was too slow as a teenager, but I think MGS 3 might have my favourite opening chapter of a game...ever? The setting, the supporting cast. The mixed media of in-game graphics, illustration and archival footage. Talking movies with Para-Medic. Snake and Ocelot repeatedly having their clocks cleaned in spectacular fashion!
It's just the best!

After finishing Donkey Kong 64 yesterday with 101% for the first time, my gaming plan this weekend is to figure out my gaming plan this weekend haha. All my gaming goals are done this year aside from finishing 50 games which I’m one short of so I’m not remotely worried there. I’ll probably bounce between stuff until I settle on something.

I’ll likely finally focus on some of the stuff I’ve been juggling or putting off then. I definitely want to play F-Zero 99 after putting it off for weeks. I’ll certainly pick up the Magia Record Arc 2 fan translation and pick up where I left off in Chapter 3. The intention is there to play Pokemon co-op again finally, but no plans have been solidified so I hope it happens.

Silent is my favorite. Just pile up a bunch of shivs and stack the poisons and his damage output becomes outright disgusting.
I like the Defect the best. It’s probably the most “fun” character for me with its orbs gameplay.

Silent is my second favorite. Poison is fun to do when you get the right cards lol

hopefully Assassin's Creed Mirage and that's probably it. Maybe a little Hades finally lmao

I like the Defect the best. It’s probably the most “fun” character for me with its orbs gameplay
Defect took me a couple of runs to “get”, but once I did, they’re incredible. I’m partial to their lightning-spam builds.
Twenty-three weeks of Tears of the Kingdom, played happily in the passenger seat of a car on holiday this week!
23 weeks well spent

TLOU broke me in the first five minutes. I had no idea that was coming and I had to pause the game so I could get myself together again. Wow.

I picked up Return to Dreamland Deluxe, so I'll probably be doing a decent chunk of that. Also planning to wrap up my Arkham Origins replay this weekend

TLOU broke me in the first five minutes. I had no idea that was coming and I had to pause the game so I could get myself together again. Wow.
First time I played it back when it released. I honestly saw the beginning coming from a mile away.

However. If you liked the beginning. You’ll probably love the rest of the game.

Just finished both Mario RPG and Star Ocean 2 so it's all Persona 5 Tactica for me this weekend. I also might finally finish Baten Kaitos Origins but dang, it's much less interesting than the original game.

Also: KoF13, Air Twister, MK1, Borderlands 3 DLCs.

First time I played it back when it released. I honestly saw the beginning coming from a mile away.

However. If you liked the beginning. You’ll probably love the rest of the game.
I don't know if I can say that I liked it. Emotionally devastating, yes. Enjoyable, heck no. But the hour or so I played after that moment was real good. The stealth combat is great.

Some more Splatoon 1 ranked modes now that it is still possible. Maybe a couple of levels of Advance Wars 2 and will probably start a spring-feet badge only playthrough for Mario Wonder with my brother.

Well well if it isn't the weekend gaming thread

Ok, on a more serious note, in the last week i had a huge, HUGE upgrade in my battle station so now i have A LOT i want to play not only with the new horsepower of my PC, but also with my new and shiny Alienware QD-OLED monitor as well as my new and shiny Switch OLED. I've had to take some time to pick my games for the weekend, and the winners are...

Super Mario RPG
Yep, the remake. It looks stunning on the OLED screens, super crisp and colorful. It has become my bedtime game, and some times i get a bit too invested lol. Last night i reached Seaside, and i plan to get the star from the sunken ship this very night.

Marvel's Spider-man Remastered
69687285D954D2550CB1C4C926D304F2DD4D8809

I remember saying that i have the bad habit to get a new game with every new GPU i get. Well, my new GPU came with Alan Wake 2, but that didn't scratch the itch so i got myself the first Spider-man game on Steam, reason? Ultrawide web swinging, baby!

Pokémon Scarlet: The Teal Mask
Three months after having to sell my Pokémon Scarlet cart, i found a huge deal and got it back, along with the DLC for the game. I had to concoct a level 50-ish team for the game to have a semblance of challenge. Honestly, i would have loved it if they gave me a non Paldean starter and forced me to start from scratch. I've just started, but so far so good, the rival? siblings give me villain vibes for some reason.

As for the side games...

Anything. I'm trying and testing games like crazy, in fact, i've forced myself to chose three games max for the weekend because otherwise i'll get hit by paralysis by choice and that's a huge nope. Well, there's an almost surefire side dish though:

Pokémon SoulSilver
I didn't post about it, but i oficially finished Pokémon Fire Red by catching Mewtwo and Deoxys, wich has given me the idea to play through all available remakes - yes, that includes the ho-hum Sinnoh remakes. I have to be true to my word. I'm sure i'll start this one at some point of the weekend, but i don't i'll play far enough for a recap.

Pokémon SoulSilver
I didn't post about it, but i oficially finished Pokémon Fire Red by catching Mewtwo and Deoxys, wich has given me the idea to play through all available remakes - yes, that includes the ho-hum Sinnoh remakes. I have to be true to my word. I'm sure i'll start this one at some point of the weekend, but i don't i'll play far enough for a recap.
BDSP might be meh, but at least you get to play the excellent HGSS and ORAS before then!

I actually finished Shadows of Rose and it was, just like REVillage, okay.

And now I'm replaying RE7. What a great game.

Hey, y’all. Been playing Smash with my BF this weekend. He’s maining Megaman and main Joker. We’ve had some intense battles and fun ones hahahahaha

Here waiting for my copy of SMRPG to get in my hands. One of my best friends gifted it to me~

Started a fresh Druid in Diablo II; it put into perspective how disappointing a game Diablo IV was for me. Still feel like a chump for buying the battle pass.

I also played maybe an hour of Portal on Switch. Awesome port! The gyro aiming feels really nice.

It's just the best!
This game taught me that if you really want to stunt on someone, drive a motorcycle up their face.

Forza Horizon 5. I bounced off Forza Motorsport 2023 hard but it put me in the mood for Forza again and Horizon 5 has lots of content to chew on.

Still enjoying Octopath Traveler 2, but kinda in the mood for a change. Gonna stick with this for the weekend but might play something else through the week.

Played a bunch of Alan Wake Remastered the last two days -- somewhere in Episode 5 now -- and have two key takeaways:

• Alan Wake still kicks a lot of butt
  • I essentially wear a de-puffed version of Barry's jacket IRL
89BhaGb.jpg

Advance Wars 2 campaign 100% cleared. Time to take a break from the game and I'll return in a few months to start clearing through more of the War Room so I can buy more collectibles.

Working this weekend but may may may just start Ace Attorney 2 (Justice for All). But I've also got a hankering for some 2D platforming action. Panzer Paladin has sat in the play queue for a while...

Have a good weekend, all.

My weekend will be delayed because I have to work the whole of Saturday, but after that I’m jumping back into Shin Megami Tensei V. I’ve gotten addicted to building up my team of demons.

There are also a few games that I shelved for a bit because of Armored Core 6 and Super Mario Wonder, so I’m thinking about finishing up Mail Mole, Maneater, They Are Billions and Into The Breach (by which I mean unlock everything).
How did you like Mail Mole so far? It's been near the top of my list for ages but the last two years have been filled with an unusually high number of must-play games for me so I keep not getting around to trying it.

120 hours into Pikmin 4 and we have one last thing to complete and perfect. Finding it quite tough but I love that, and of course it involves the most bone-chilling Pikmin fauna out there. We're feeling really great about everything we've completed in the game to this point and absolutely loved our time with it. It's really surpassed my wildest expectations.

In the meantime, alternating with Super Mario Bros. Wonder and resumed our playthrough after a couple weeks focused more on Pikmin. It's a really compelling evolution of the SMB series. Definitely easier so far to get all the star coins than in NSMBU, but I really appreciate the constant creativity on display and it's consistently just really pure fun. I love the badge system and how it lets you modulate the challenge, much like Pikmin in some ways. Anyway, we're on the last regular world so I'm excited to see what's in store next and to dig into the remaining levels and secrets thereafter.

How did you like Mail Mole so far?
I dig it. ( :sneaky: )

It’s mostly interesting because of the core movement mechanic. Mr. Mole spends most of the game burrowing, and whenever you want to jump, you have to charge it up. So while the level design is very typical 3D platformer stuff, you do have to wrap your head around how to get around. You can’t chain jumps like in Mario or Crash or Sackboy; you have to read ahead to figure out when to charge up and when to jump.

I dig it. ( :sneaky: )

It’s mostly interesting because of the core movement mechanic. Mr. Mole spends most of the game burrowing, and whenever you want to jump, you have to charge it up. So while the level design is very typical 3D platformer stuff, you do have to wrap your head around how to get around. You can’t chain jumps like in Mario or Crash or Sackboy; you have to read ahead to figure out when to charge up and when to jump.
Thanks, that sounds highly enjoyable. I love learning new movement mechanics in platformers, like in Snake Pass or Specter of Torment. I'm reminded of the burrow sections in Super Lucky's Take, too.

Back
Top Bottom