• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |10/20-10/22| With Great Power comes Wowie Zowie

I played mostly Mario Wonder. Great game with some flaws. Most likely in my top 5 for the year.

What a curious, gaming-filled weekend these two days were.

Starting with Cyberpunk 2077, i get the feeling that i have progressed a lot in the main story. Completed River's storyline, a couple of extra individual subquests and then got into the main quest again, wich was... fucking crazy. Let's see:
  • Got into the Arasaka Warehouse and hacked the carriage
  • Got rid of the snipers at the parade, then faced Oda in the most fun boss battle in the game yet

• [*]Takemura fucking kidnapped Hanako Arasaka, then got gunned by Arasaka's bots
    [*]

• [*]Hanako decided she believed me, but now Takemura is ded
    [*]
  • Bonded a bit more with Silverhand, and now we're getting ready to destroy the dude who killed him
Oh, and got a new car, too.

I keep thinking that the game has a lot of issues, but at least it's not the clunky jankfest the Witcher games are, though my saturday gameplay was full of bugs - Takemura not responding, Silverhand leaving a T-Posed shadow, getting a creepy glitched call from Panam (???), aiming beign wonky (my L2 trigger is fine, i've checked)

On Tears of the Kingdom i focused on getting back the last Great Fairy, for that i had to go back to Farone wich i didn't exactly like, but on my way i killed a fire Gleock and got myself a neat magical Flame Greatsword. It took me a whole evening to go down to Farone and then back to Gerudo, but hey, i've unlocked the final Great Fairy despite not having enough materials to upgrade anything to the max. yet

...Yay?

Also, guess what

Pokémon Fire Red!

That's right, in the end i decided to update Retroarch on my phone, meddle a little with the notification settings and, finally, transfer the save from my Wii U and set up a shader. Used it as a bed time game, so from saturday until today i've done the unthinkable:

I took my under 40 team, beat asshole rival and went through the Victory Road.

That's right, i'm at Indigo Plateau, at the doors of the Elite 4.

And these were the crazy mofos that made that miracle possible - and that will probably be oblivierated by the Elite 4 twice or thrice:

• PiroDoggo the Arcanine (lv. 40) - Not much that a fire dog can do on a Rock type infested cave, right? Well, yes, but also no, our big puppy here took care of a lot of Zubats and also a couple of pesky trainers. There's a grass type Ace trainer almost at the end that literally had no chance.
  • Bulldozer the Snorlax (lv. 39) - Expert bodyslammer and scourge of rock types. He's the only one on the team that got out of Victory Road without having at least one move with zero PP. Perks of being a legal cheat code, i guess. For shit and giggles i teached him Earthquake, and he's now death incarnate.
  • GoofyDraco the Dragonair (lv. 40) - The misadventures of Dragonair continue! Critical hit magnet and flying types fryer, she's been a very valuable assist for both PiroDoggo and ToFeo when she wasn't being oneshot by the most unlikely enemies. Seriously considering rotating her, she's not going to survive the Elite 4, no way in hell.
  • Blasto the Blastoise (lv. 42) - How does a water pokémon feel in a rock type infested cave? At home! Blasto has been a happy Blastoise, drenching and freezing everything under the s- under the roof of the cave, and he's now the strongest in the team. Still underleveled though.
  • ToFeo the Electabuzz (lv. 42) - No, i don't know how he has leveled up to 42, when i got out of the Victory Road he was already like that. Well, in any case, this ugly mofo is destruction incarnate and his Thunder Punch has oneshot almost anything that crossed his path. The only time i found myself in the need to set light screen, the rival Pokémon did it too. He's still ashamed of fainting agaisnt that Gyarados.
  • MsDriller the Fearow (lv. 39) - The scourge of fight types... until Fly PPs reached zero, after that her main role became being a sacrifical pawn, and trying to beat Geodudes and Onixes before falling to Rock Throw and Rollout. Maybe i'll rotate her for anything before the Elite 4, but... for what?
As for what i'm aiming for... Well, beating the Elite 4, of course, but i need to grind heavily at Victory Road before getting close to it. Will i achieve it before next weekend? Who knows! And if i do, there's still the Sevii islands!

By the way, i just realized: They wasted the chance of putting Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres on the One, Two and Three Islands respectively. Seriously, what were they thinking? It's the perfect meta pun!

I 100% finished Mario Wonder (it was awesome! My new favorite 2D Mario game easily!) and started Spider-Man 2 (it rocks!) so my weekend was a big success there.

Looking forward to a quiet week ahead to play more Spider-Man and I’m looking forward tremendously to Alan Wake II for next weekend 👀

I didn’t play much Forza this weekend; I think I did maybe one race in the Builder’s Cup. I did spend about an hour with Ninpen Manmaru, which is charming as heck but it’s getting harder and I’m starting to rely on a let’s play to see how to beat these levels. But the main game this weekend was definitely Spider-Man 2. I was able to get in six hours of game time on it which is a lot for me, and I loved every single second. I don’t want to get ahead of myself, but I could see going for the platinum on this one. It’s just so good!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom