• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |10/20-10/22| With Great Power comes Wowie Zowie

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Happy weekend, fami! Today is a big day for gamers everywhere, with the release of both Super Mario Bros Wonder and Spider-Man 2. I’m sure lots of you are going to be playing one of these games (or both of them!). This is the thread where we can talk about our weekend plans and what we’re gonna be playing. Have at it!

I’m actually going to be holding off on Wonder until Christmas, so the big game for me this weekend will be Spider-Man 2. If there’s time, I’ll also play some Forza Motorsport. I think Starfield might be going on the shelf until I’m done with Spider-Man. I’m also playing a retro 3D platformer for the Sega Saturn, Ninpen Manmaru. It’s an Enix-published Japan-only title that sees you playing as a little blue penguin. I might post more about this one in the Retro Games ST.

That’s it! I hope everyone has a great weekend. Happy gaming, pals!

Well, I screwed up my left thumb badly last Sunday so I had to cut play time short. My plan this weekend is to go through the finale of Metroid Dread and then pick either 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim or Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure back up.

EDIT: Also I may try SM Wonder if my local library has it.

On Steam Deck: Lords of the Fallen, Dave the Diver, and Diablo IV.
On PS5: Spider-Man 2 and Exoprimal.
On Switch: Detective Pikachu Returns, Suika Game, and Sonic.
On Xbox: Remnant 2.
On Kindle: Life in First Person by John Romero
On the Bialetti Moka Pot: Some good coffee.
On Famiboards: Shitpost.

Mario obviously, but I'm happy with how big the game seems, I was worried I'd maybe blow through it on release night but there's a lot here and I'm taking my time and enjoying it a ton.

super-mario-bros-wonder-super-mario-wonder.gif

Count me in the SMBW camp! Gonna play some of it with my boyfriends tonight, but probably gonna play a lot by myself too. I did a few levels already and I absolutely adore it so far.

Had some real serious irl stuff develop over the last week, so I'm hoping to start Super Mario Bros Wonder for some high quality escapism.

Super Mario Bros. Wonder

I'll likely take occasional breaks from it to play some King League runs in F-Zero 99, though.

Mostly Mario Wonder, might try to start Cacoon on Steam Deck.

I'm also mostly done with Tony Hawk 1+2 (for my purposes that means doing all the level goals), trying to decide whether I want to bother grinding out the gold medals in the competitions

Mario Wonder. And I imagine playing Spider-man 2 through the posts of peoplwyon here playing the game lmao

Sadly my copy of Spider-Man 2 never turned up, thankfully though my copy of Super Mario Bros Wonder arrived today so I will mostly be playing that. In between I’ll also be dabbling in my other currently played titles which are Dragon Quest 11s & Cult of the Lamb

Friday and Saturday will be MK11, Dead by Daylight, and Assassins Creed 2. Finally took my offline MK11 into online, I’m a little overqualified for the matchmaking at start but I expect to humbled very soon. Had a hankering for some older games so started replaying AC2, which is great. Surprised by how much I remember.

Sunday with my friend will be Dark Void and Timeshift. Games most people probably remember the box art of sitting on shelves. I’m looking forward to Timeshift replay but I’ve never gotten around to Dark Void. Very much a 360 weekend besides the first two titles.

The two punks: Cyberpunk '77 and Cloudpunk.
Both are really flawed but enjoyable games in completely different ways.

Spiderman and Mario!! What a weekend. I'm also still chipping away at Sea of Stars and Wargroove in small bursts but I'm doubting I get much of any time on them this weekend. I actually had my eye on world of horror too lol I'm glad that got delayed a week and solved that problem for me.

Finished 13 Sentinels this last week, so I’m gonna be focusing more on Tales of the Abyss now. I also got SMB Wonder and will be playing that on the side.

Spiderman 2️⃣ tonight and tomorrow all day until meeting with some friends. Might try out SMB Wonder then if someone brings it.

But also some Exoprimal here and there because Season 2 and it's 2x exp weekend and I was able to get one of my friends to check out Halo Infinite on Sunday! Those are on PC of course.

My Mario copy will take a while to arrive yet so I’m thinking of playing some short-ish stuff
Maybe Cocoon

Last edited:
Currently waiting for both my copies of Mario Wonder and Spider-Man 2 to arrive, but provided they both arrive at the same time Mario Wonder has complete priority for me this weekend in between being unexpectedly busy all three days. Other stuff is on hold then including: Magia Record Arc 2 Fan Translation (saw chapter 2 part 1 last night. There’s a magical girl sniper (as in she wields a sniper rifle of some sort) who just shot one of the members of Promised Blood! I assume we’ll meet them properly eventually, but that was pretty surprising lol), Final Fantasy Tactics Advance at 50% through, Pokemon DLC co-op (just played last night!), and F-Zero 99 (need to play the new tracks!). My currently juggling games list is getting out of hand! Cool problem to have though!

Super Mario Bros Wonder, Spider-Man 2, and The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

I’ll probably prioritize Mario for now because it’s a shorter game before going back and swapping between the two others. Might also watch some Jujutsu Kaisen and My Hero Academia

It’s a rainy weekend here and I’ve got too much to do right now as it feels like I’ve been running flat out for the last 2-3 weeks.

So this weekend will be getting some Wonder time in (and getting to experience it on my first soundbar will be bliss as the TV speakers are starting to go after a decade or more of use). But I also need to collect the Halloween costumes in Splat 3 and get some screenshots for the community Halloween event here.

I also need to continue diagnosing my desktop which is having some sort of electrical issue as of about 9 days ago and that’s going to require pulling all the components apart to find which piece is causing the problem.

And I need to integrate a number of board game expansions courtesy of Jeff Bezos’ most recent stoop sale.

Busy, but hopefully good, weekend!

I have made it to my hotel room and I brought my Switch for some Mario Wonder and Signalis! Hoping to get a bunch of both in this weekend.

Super Metroid - I'm in between the speed booster and grappling hook, and I'm not going to Hell* this time.

Death Stranding: Director's Cut ** - I really love it so far. A lot of cutscenes, which I usually hate, but everything here is a pitch perfect blend of melancholia, beauty, realism and excellent dark humor. It's meditative and bold. My only critique is the use of a crying baby in gameplay. It wasn't cool in Yoshi's Island, and it's still not cool. But you can mute it.

And that's it for now.***

* - Hell refers to the infamous wall jump room, where I got stuck in my last playthrough. I hopped right over that trap, got the goodies and went on my way.

** - This may sound odd, but we discovered a large tax refund check that we forgot to deposit, and my one big purchase was a PS5 with PS Plus Premium. I wouldn't recommend dropping such a large sum of money like this unless it literally falls into your lap like this situation. It's an incredible console experience, and they just started offering cloud streaming, so I can sample all sorts of stuff.

*** - I finished Paranormasight and dropped Silent Hill 2... It was too hard to get into gaming on a laptop mode.

After hitting 40% debt completion in Pikmin 2, last weekend, I’m excited to dive back in, explore some more caves, an- JUST KIDDING I’m going to be playing Super Mario Bros. Wonder until I physically can’t look at a screen anymore!! Better luck next time captain Olimar.

I was gonna say I'm continuing my Dark Souls 3 journey and finishing up the DLC, but I just wrapped-up beating all the bosses a few minutes ago lol. Not sure if I'll pick-up Wonder quite yet. May just watch TV this weekend :p

Doing some more runs of Hades as I continue clearing the story.

Also playing a few e-reader levels in Super Mario Advance 4.

No Wonder here yet.

Played 3 hours of Red Dead Redemption on the train home from my work conference yesterday
- Mixed feelings about the game, enojoyable but I do have some issues with western AAA open world

Played a few levels of Super Mario Bros Wonder with my daughter and wife yesterday
- what a ride, lovely. Truly wholesome. And hearing my daughter with theconstant joyus laughs improved it tenfold. She's been waiting for this one even more than I have.

Today I'll play a few Warcraft 3 matches before I head out for the day/evening.
I'll be attending a craftbeer exhibition so I'm not gonna play something after that :p But hopefully tomorrow I'll continue some SMBW with the family.

Well, hell must have frozen over because, for once, i'm not playing Pokémon Fire Red during the weekend, at least, not as one of the main dishes.

I've had a busy week so i've barely been able to play, and when i've tried to, i've found myself with two issues:

1. To say that i'm underleveled would be an understatement. When, for shit and giggles, i tried to go to Victory Road and fought shithead rival, he was 10 levels over my strongest Pokémon on average. That's A LOT and calls for heavy grinding, wich takes us to the second issue:
  2. I... don't know where to keep playing? Somehow, every system where i can play it has some sort of issue:
    1. On 3DS, not only the games scale poorly, but dumping the save when i want to trasfer it to PC for high speed grinding is cumbersome af
    2. My Wii U wireless chip is going the way of the dodo, i've had some connection issues playing from the bed. Also, battery.
    3. Phone means notifications ahoy! I stopped gaming on my phone long ago, except for remote and cloud gaming.

I really really really want an emulation console. That, or a GBA. How come each of my possible options has at least ONE catch?

Also, i got hooked to Cyberpunk 2077 and i've been playing it daily through the week. It took me a while, but i finally got invested on the story and characters. It's not the best written game ever and it has lots of old fashioned Trans presence that today qualifies as transphobia (Like, really, those are some '80s hurtful stereotypes there, first one being that goddamn ad they put in your face EVERYWHERE). But i managed to finish a couple of quest lines, wich gave me a sense of progression that made me want to follow a few more, and before i realized i was waaaaay too much in the rabbit hole to turn back.

Yesterday i just finished River's quest line, and after getting T-Bug's Ping cyberware - wich, at this point in the game, is more of a parting gift - i was left close to the next step in the main quest, so i'll follow it for a little while. I'll also probably hunt some Cyberpsychos, i found them to be fun optional boss fights.

As a second game... Tears of the Kingdom, maybe? Still have a Great Fairy to bring back, and a member of the band to find before getting engaged with the main quest again. I've found it to be the exact opposite of Cyberpunk in that CDPR's game is full of forced dialogue and pretty restrictive in what you can and cannot do, while TotK is, basically, the most freeform game EVER. Last time i played i was on my way to Gerudo so, for now, i should finish that trip.

As for the side dishes, they're quite simple: Forza Motorsport and Gran Turismo 7. Forza has improved A LOT on PC thanks both to the lastest update and the newest AMD drivers, it's not perfect, but it has become a very enjoyable experience, while GT7 is business as usual: Online Time Attacks, and maybe i'll complete a cup or two. I may try to play Pokémon Fire Red on Android through Retroarch, moreso if i can import my save safely, i just hope the notifications doesn't make it too bothersome.

PS: No Super Mario Wonder for me :( I got a bit of money and treated myself with the SNES controller, but that was the only treat i could afford.

I have reached New York! And feeling somewhat dead inside from the jetlag. Managed to claw just enough energy to visit the New York Nintendo store and still resist blowing my budget there. It's such a nice store and I'm glad to visit it. There's still more opportunities to do so anyway when it isn't raining cats and dogs. I have my eyes on that Bowser shell plushie...

On the long flight, I started Bayonetta Origins. Just a chapter or two in. The presentation is really pretty and Cereza is a cute, spunky, naive character that is not hard to like in the children's book context. That said, the story has not really captured my imagination yet. It is a tough follow-up to 13 Sentinels after all.

On the long flight, I started Bayonetta Origins. Just a chapter or two in. The presentation is really pretty and Cereza is a cute, spunky, naive character that is not hard to like in the children's book context. That said, the story has not really captured my imagination yet. It is a tough follow-up to 13 Sentinels after all.

Keep on - it starts a bit slow, but man does this game deliver in the end.

Spider-Man 2 is the game for me this week, along with a little bit of Overwatch 2 to feed the addiction. I'm probably gonna hold off until Christmas for Super Mario Bros. Wonder and Sonic Superstars.

On Famiboards: Shitpost
Damn right.

My weekend is already almost halfway over, but I did get to play some Super Mario Wonder. I'm planning to squeeze in a few more levels today before I have to go to work tomorrow, which means I'll probably just end up playing Suika on my phone.

Mario Wonder and Spider Man 2! I started Mario last night, and it did not disappoint. The first world alone already has a bunch of great designs and ideas. I was too tired to play a lot of it, let alone any of Spider Man 2, so today will be dedicated to those two.

I still haven't finished Paper Mario on NSO, so I might sneak in some time with that. I got stuck in the flower world. There's some sort of fight that's not triggering, and I'm not really sure what I missed even after looking at walkthroughs. I highly doubt it's bugged, but that kept me from getting further last weekend. Gotta figure it out at some point.

Lastly, I might have a few quick sessions with The Talos Principle. I downloaded it with Playstation plus, and it's a really cool puzzle game! It's not my highest priority right now, but I want to keep playing it when I have the chance.

My Wii U wireless chip is going the way of the dodo, i've had some connection issues playing from the bed. Also, battery.

I really really really want an emulation console. That, or a GBA. How come each of my possible options has at least ONE catch?
The wireless chip on the Wii U is pretty easy to replace. I changed mine in five minutes and instantly fixed my connection issues.

Second, I really recommend a retro handheld! A Miyoo Mini+ or an Anbernic RG35XX are exactly what you're looking for. They go on sale sometimes around the internet, so keep an eye out!

The wireless chip on the Wii U is pretty easy to replace. I changed mine in five minutes and instantly fixed my connection issues.

Second, I really recommend a retro handheld! A Miyoo Mini+ or an Anbernic RG35XX are exactly what you're looking for. They go on sale sometimes around the internet, so keep an eye out!
Yeah, i'll have to replace it sooner or later, i hope replacements haven't become too expensive.

I can't even play from my bed without getting random cuts, and there are no obstacles in the way. Last night it was so bad it became unplayable after half an hour. I mean, i can still play on my TV, but the idea of taking out my Wii U was having a low consumption emulation box i could play from my bed.

And i second the Miyoo Mini, i'm not looking into anything higher tbh, mostly because all other options have a catch (Anbernic uses lined up digital bumpers, Retroid Pocket 3 has digital triggers, the Flip has analog triggers but slide pads...) and i'll supposedly be able to get one later this month. Honestly, i can't wait, i think i'm too old to get used to having my phone as a gaming machine, i NEED an exclusive emulation handheld.

Hey, ya’ll! This weekend I’ve been playing Super Mario Wonder with my boyfriend. We’ve had looots of fun! The difficult levels are challenging, headache, but feel satisfactory to finish!

Got Atelier Marie on PC, so mainly that. I really love it, surprisingly faithful on all aspects to the original besides giving more tutorials at the start (which are pretty quick), the 3D environments (tho is cute that it has the option of simple gathering, which makes it like the original where you could either get items or a battle happen) and the event schedule guide with some stats bonuses like the DX versions of Rorona and Ayesha, just the appropiate amount of changes to a game that I consider pretty good still (I finished it for the first time like, last year or two years ago), so it is my kind of remake, the visuals are great and the music arrangements are excellent.

It also has me contemplating that I really only been playing and enjoying the Arland and Dusk trilogy for the last, almost 10 years at this point, so I'll take a sort of "new" game in this series before going back to my slumber and spend my time replaying those games and Marie until the Elie Remake (tho I still have to finish the original), or if Gust decides to make new Atelier fun again.

Been practicing SF6 and honestly feeling some improvement which is nice. My friend spams Juri which was...difficult to deal with. But we persist!
I played a lot of Ocarina of Time, but i'm missing a key in the fire temple. I'm probably gonna aim to clear that before too long cuz it'd be a shame to drop it before the beloved water temple.
I keep going through the same Bingo Highway stage in Sonic Heroes as well, but tiny annoying collision glitches keep messing with my desire to A rank it, so it's constantly getting picked up and dropped every day or so.
Wild Rift continues to obtain a lot of my gaming tho, but Team Fight Tactics is coming up close behind. My roommate's out of town and he brought his PS5 with him! My console gaming is at an all time low. Should finish Yakuza 6 before the end of the month tho...

Ended up returning to Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and playing the System Rift DLC having never played it before, which is the kind of stealth action espionage immersive sim gameplay I've been craving lately (and plus sicne I miss Deus Ex as a series now it's no longer a thing) & Gungrave G.O.R.E., which is the kind of PS2 era gun battle action nonsense I've been craving.

Also returned to Baten Kaitos 1, which is a comfort food game for me at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom