• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This a weekend, Fam? |6/2-6/4|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Apologies for getting the thread up late! It was a hectic day.

Anyway, y’all know the deal here. Tell us about the video games you’re gonna play this weekend!

I’ll pop into Street Fighter 6, play around in arcade mode, maybe start the world tour mode. Looking forward to it! I’ll also be playing Spongebob Revenge of the Flying Dutchman for GBA. I think TotK might have gotten dropped accidentally.. I’ll get back to it eventually!

Planning to possibly finish Zelda Tears of the Kingdom this weekend. I’m 105+ hours in and I think I’m nearly done with the main quest and I finished every shrine, so once I’m done with the side quests I want to do I just have to beat up Ganon. After that, I should be playing both We Love Katamari and Street Fighter VI. I’m also looking forward to watching the last day of Summer Games Done Quick tomorrow.

Not sure I'm playing anything this weekend! I have a couple games lined up but I haven't really been in the mood to start something new these last couple weeks, so it might just be friend hangouts and game dev for me this weekend.

zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-button-2k-1663127818777.jpg

Like I've been doing for the past few weeks. Though I'm planning to play some Smash with friends later

play some salmon run daily.
may finish TotK main story since I already put 90 hours in.
And I swear to myself, I will find something to play on PS5, because I didn't turn it on for weeks.

I'll tell myself "I'll play Tears of thr Kingdom this weekend! I haven't gotten to play at all during the week," and then I'll end up playing Picross S7 instead as a "quick" and "pick up and play" experience. Oops!

I'll tell myself "I'll play Tears of thr Kingdom this weekend! I haven't gotten to play at all during the week," and then I'll end up playing Picross S7 instead as a "quick" and "pick up and play" experience. Oops!
i think the reason i haven’t played totk in a week and a half is because it’s just too big. it’s intimidating. and i know i won’t be able to make much progress in the twenty minutes or whatever that i’ll be able to play, so i play something else instead. something smaller and lighter. like spongebob on the gba!

I managed to finish Metroid: Samus Returns this week. 🎉

This is a busy weekend for me so I don’t know if I have time to game. Since I’m still kicking the can down the road on Breath of the Wild, I have Alundra on my list next. I dropped the game in 1999. It has been on my elusive I’ll-get-back-to-you-eventually list since.

Had the day off, so I put a good chunk of time into Skyward Sword HD. It's fun revisiting it after 6+ years, especially after a month and a half of playing Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom (with a Link's Awakening playthrough right in the middle). Still on a big Zelda kick, so I'm curious how many games I have in me before I burn out. Just got my Wii U back, so a Twilight Princess HD replay might be in the cards next, and if the Oracle games make their way to NSO soon I'll probably check them out as well.

I think this is the weekend that I finally beat Zelda. I have only two shrines left and then I'm hitting the rest of the story hard.

Also, there will be plenty of Street Fighter!

Lol I’m in same boat. I took a small break from TotK to play some MHR, but then the game took a hold of me again and I managed to nearly craft all G Rank armor and clear Risen Shagaru Magala. I’m grinding away at the last pieces of equipment left to craft now before going back to Zelda.

Was going to get Katamari on Switch but saw some Tweets about it having proper 60fps on other platforms and 30fps with drops on Switch, so that on PC. First time playing it and it is a massively better port than the first reroll I played.

TOTK continues. Any advice on what to do after the
four region + sage things done
gameplay wise?

Still Zelda. I'm close to a 100 shrines, but have only beaten one of the regional main quests. Haven't explored the Depths or the sky that much either, and have a million ongoing side quests/adventures.

I will never finish this game.

Hotel_Dusk.jpg

Doing a replay of this DS classic, not played it in over 15 years...still holds up. On Chapter 5. Great bedtime game.

Zelda: TOTK - game is incredible. Ordered the guide which is out pretty soon I think, so that will be a great help too. So much to discover.

iu

Got this for my birthday and been having a blast (heh) with it. Up to Phendrana Drifts, what an area, the music & atmosphere is incredible. Only ever got to play Metroid Prime at a friend's house back in the day but always liked it, so glad I get to play it again after so many years. Not only does it hold up, it really is one of the best games released this year.

Cassette Beasts and I Was A Teenage Exocolonist.

The former has performance issues, the latter is a bit confusing, but they're both great.

Sis is taking over my Switch this weekend, so i'm not expecting to play TotK 'til monday.

What will i play? I dunno, most likely something for 3DS, i remember having played the first case for Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice, maybe i should keep playing it.

Or maybe start another replay of the Ace Attorney Trilogy? A friend gifted me a Humble Bundle code for the trilogy, and turns out there's a patch that ports the original DS translations to the Steam version. It will be nice to play it in spanish.

Let's see who can keep up the TotK streak for the longest. I'm still continuing this weekend building crappy vehicles, exploring the underground and being confused.

Katamari on Switch and Street Fighter 6 on Steam Deck. Deck's control layout is uncomfortable as hell, especially for a fighting game, ROG Ally cannot come any sooner.

Let's see who can keep up the TotK streak for the longest. I'm still continuing this weekend building crappy vehicles, exploring the underground and being confused.
Welp I think I'll be playing for the next year so the competition will be stiff.

Arcade Paradise
Railbound
Tetris the Absolute the Grandmaster 2 Plus
Powerwash Simulator
Jackbox with friends

My son has been playing Conduct Together and then making wooden tracks inspired by it.

Last night, I played the um... Mario level above Rito village and saved on a boat flying right next to the entrance to the big cloud. Gonna dive in tonight.

It doesn't have controller issues, supports cloud saves from day one, and has proper 60fps support and can run even higher.

Right on. If the controls are better, I'll probably pick it up on sale eventually. I'm intrigued by the new content too. The world needs more Katamari.

Gonna play Valkyria Chronicles a bunch and see if I can beat it. Having a lot of fun with it, though I'm stuck on Chapter 7, so gonna try to unlock new r&d

Still Zelda…

Haven’t done a single regional quest so it’ll be a while.

Still working my way through Zelda TOTK so mostly that, also been dipping in and out of Midnight Fight Express which is a great little brawler.

Zelda TOTK for sure. Though I also ended up buying Skyword Sword HD and am thinking of delving into that as well.

It's Zelda again!

By this point, I have lost count of how many times I've replied to this thread with these words. I am looking forward to doing that once more next weekend.

The Zeldend of Legda: King of the Teardom

Or something like that, anyhow. Did the Zora's Domain/Water Temple stuff today. Woop woop.

Gonna play Valkyria Chronicles a bunch and see if I can beat it. Having a lot of fun with it, though I'm stuck on Chapter 7, so gonna try to unlock new r&d

FYI: Flamethrowers are the close range OP weapon if you level that up, it destroys everything in its path, no matter if the enemy is crouched behind sandbags or lying in grass, it will always hit and do severe damage.

Back
Top Bottom