• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Predictions What will Nintendo bring to TGA this year?

• Thread starter Deleted member 4990
  • Start date

What will Nintendo bring to TGA this year?

• New title

Votes: 20 12.2%
  • DLC

Votes: 20 12.2%
  • Both new title and DLC

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Nothing

Votes: 108 65.9%
  • Others (movie/amiibo/park/etc.)

Votes: 7 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member 4990

2022 TGA, they announced Bayonetta Origins and FE:Engage DLC pass (if I recall correctly). Right now I have my mind on a potential Pikmin 4 dlc based on some speculation on the images, and maybe Zelda related title just for fun. What are some of y'all's thoughts?

DLC for Pikmin 4 and/or Super Mario Bros. Wonder, maybe? Those are the only games I can think of that could receive additional content if TOTK is officially off-the-table. I think announcing some new title for a spring/summer release is possible as well. Whatever the case, Nintendo sees some advertising and marketing value in TGA, and would want to have something to show in a year where two of their biggest franchises got nominated for GOTY.

seinfeld-nothing.gif

I think we'll just get updates/reminders for already announced stuff. Pokémon DLC and Another Code in particular, the former comes out a week after TGAs and we'd be getting due for another trailer for the latter around TGA time anyway.

If there's a Bayo Origins tier game for April I could maybe see that getting announced too, though they could easily save something like that for next year's February Direct.

Nothing new for any major franchise (stuff like Prime 4, FE4 remake, or EPD DK.)

They'll bring commercials for the Nintendo Switch™ Family of systems, the perfect Holiday gift, now with the all-new Super Mario Bros.™ Wonder game and with all six waves of the Mario Kart™ 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass DLC for the Mario Kart™ 8 Deluxe game.

I think there's actually a more than decent chance of dlc for Pikmin 4 and/or Mario Wonder. I'm torn on whether they'd do that and then also bring a new game (which would most likely be a Bayonetta or Ultimate Alliance 3 case of "3rd party developed, Nintendo published, full exclusivity")

And just because they've been real weird this year with shadowdrops, I want to say I wouldn't completely rule out something like Prime 2 or Zelda ports showing up

e: OK actually, wildcard prediction. There will be a trailer highlighting 40 years of the Famicom capped off with a port of Ultimate NES Remix

Last edited:
a new, updated logo for prime 4 !!

and probably reminders about things already announced/in the works.

Nintendo has a lot of nominations this year, i feel likethey will have something.

My heart wants a reveal of swan swong Switch release like MP4 or heck even the official Switch 2 reveal announcement teasing a full presentation early next year.

My head tells me it will be a B-tier announcement. Maybe an Amiibo trailer or surprise DLC for Super Mario Wonder.

Im not getting my hopes up for anything, maybe a 2024 reel showing snippets of already announced games? I dont think we hear a peep from nintendo regarding new games or major updates on announced titles until the January direct, if there is one next year

SMB Wonder DLC feels like a possibility; the precedent set by NSMB2 and U gives me some hope, and the Game Awards would be a good place to reveal it.

If I had to put money on it though, I would take the safe bet and go with “Nintendo Switch has games”

Pikmin 4 DLC I think is the most confident lock, would be nice to see it after it (hopefully) wins best Family game.

The only other thing I can think of is a tease of Metroid Prime 4

Nintendo has brought at least one thing to the Game Awards every year in the Switch era, so for the regular “nothing” crowd history is not at all on your side. Last year they brought Bayonetta Origins, Fire Emblem DLC, and a Mario Movie clip.

My first guess is Metroid Prime 2 Remastered shows up here. It’s a straightforward announcement that would play well with TGA’s crowd. My second guess is they’ll bring a Square Enix game to showcase which they have done in the past with Bravely Default II. A third guess is that mystery Capcom game, considering Sunbreak’s trailer was from NOA that year per TGA’s twitter. We also have the Serkan Toto Zelda R 2023 tweet to consider, so that’s another plausible guess. One more possibility is perhaps Daemon X Machina 2. Curious to see whatever we get.

My heart wants a Zelda announcement to coincide with that Serkan Toto tweet, my brain realizes I'll be lucky to get anything from them at all.

I mean if they care about winning this and appreciate winning these awards and think it is good publicity... I think they might bring something.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Windwaker HD will show up here. The schedule for next year so far is extremely Mario heavy, so another IP would bring some variety. Plus TOTK is up for GOTY so Windwaker could cash in on the hype.

Last edited:
Nintendo has brought at least one thing to the Game Awards every year in the Switch era, so for the regular “nothing” crowd history is not at all on your side. Last year they brought Bayonetta Origins, Fire Emblem DLC, and a Mario Movie clip.

My first guess is Metroid Prime 2 Remastered shows up here. It’s a straightforward announcement that would play well with TGA’s crowd. My second guess is they’ll bring a Square Enix game to showcase which they have done in the past with Bravely Default II. A third guess is that mystery Capcom game, considering Sunbreak’s trailer was from NOA that year per TGA’s twitter. We also have the Serkan Toto Zelda R 2023 tweet to consider, so that’s another plausible guess. One more possibility is perhaps Daemon X Machina 2. Curious to see whatever we get.
Yeah, the people who constantly say that "nothing will show up because nothing ever does" are kinda annoying. We always get something for Nintendo, whether that's DLC, a first party title, or a third party exclusive. I genuinely don't get where the negativity comes from.

Yeah, the people who constantly say that "nothing will show up because nothing ever does" are kinda annoying. We always get something for Nintendo, whether that's DLC, a first party title, or a third party exclusive. I genuinely don't get where the negativity comes from.
I can kind of get the peak for a lot of people was the Champion’s Ballad, but announcements have happened every year and it’s weird some pretend they don’t exist or don’t count if it wasn’t for them. Like Monster Hunter Sunbreak year was a personal complete dud, but like I don’t know, that’s still a huge game and Monster Hunter fans probably were happy for a new trailer.

Personally I feel like the hypest announcement was Joker in Smash, everything else since has been very boring, even Sephiroth, because like while it was cool Smash was already two years out at that point IIRC. It is a bit much to say they never bring anything, but the announcements from them or anyone else, are never that big imo. Couple that with the show feeling super disjointed, where it's supposed to be about rewards but half of them are spit out without any fanfare and I just find the whole experience each year a slog.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Windwaker HD will show up here. The schedule for next year so far is extremely Mario heavy so another IP would bring some variety. Plus TOTK is up for GOTY so Windwaker could cash in on the hype.
Yeah, I concur that they need some more variety in their line-up. Though I think Metroid Prime 2 remaster is more likely

I'm not expecting it but I do think MP4 is genuinely possible, especially with Retro being one of Nintendo's western studios.

But they'll most likely just bring some third party thing they're publishing.

He got many things right and it’s just my opinion
That list showed up after Pyoro had already leaked a Mario v DK game, F-Zero 99, Another Code, and the Peach game being called Showtime

It didn't get anything right that wasn't already confirmed or heavily rumored, and it got a lot of things wrong

Last edited:
Nintendo has a lot of nominations this year, i feel likethey will have something.

My heart wants a reveal of swan swong Switch release like MP4 or heck even the official Switch 2 reveal announcement teasing a full presentation early next year.

My head tells me it will be a B-tier announcement. Maybe an Amiibo trailer or surprise DLC for Super Mario Wonder.
Who needs swansongs in a world of cross-gen. I think the last major Switch game (so no remasters or downloadable only titles) from Nintendo will be cross-gen... So, probably not revealed until they can show off what they actually want people to buy it on.

Switch launched with a Wii U swansong, and Wii with a GCN one

Back
Top Bottom