• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion What will be the Zelda release of this year?(Or will there be a Zelda this year?)

What's gonna be the 2024 Zelda game?

• Majora's Mask(3D or new remake)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Zelda linear game based on TotK(my dream)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've voted for what my heart wants, which is a new 2D Zelda. Yoichi Yamada, a long-time Zelda developer, is the only long-standing Zelda team member not credited on Tears of the Kingdom (he was credited on both Link's Awakening and Breath of the Wild). I'm choosing to believe that, much as Shiro Mouri was given a crack at the helm to refresh 2D Mario, Yamada is in the director's seat for the next 2D Zelda. Several key figures from the Link's Awakening development team only had minor roles in Jet Dragoon at Grezzo, from what I can tell, so I'll assume it's an EPD 3 x Grezzo joint.

My prediction with even less of a basis in reality is that it will be a spiritual successor or even sequel/reimagining to/of Adventure of Link. Please understand.
A new 2D Zelda being a side scroller instead of a top down game would be a very wild revamp to the series and I'd be down for that!! I think it'll eventually happen in the form of a remake of Adventure of Link at least.

I think it's pretty much time for a new 2D Zelda and Grezzo not working on anything for Nintendo ever since Miitopia and Link's Awakening makes me more confident they're doing a new 2D Zelda.

Question to me is if Nintendo feels like it's more important to have first for Switch 2 a brand new Zelda game(2D) or something 3D Zelda(remaster). I believe that's what dictates whether it's 2D Zelda or WW HD/TP HD that happens this year and the next.

I expect either WW and/or TP HD is equally likely with nothing this year. Something 2D from Grezzo is the dark horse option.

I think Nintendo will want to have a both 3D Mario and 3D Zelda in the first year of the Switch 2, seeing how well that combo worked for the Switch. For Mario that's a new game, but for Zelda I would guess Wind Waker 4K60fps or maybe a new OoT remake, if they don't just do an upgraded BotW or TotK.

I think the timing for this year is right for a 2D Zelda, and I would wager a new one. The original schedule may have been TotK 2022, new 2D Zelda 2023 and Switch 2 2024. TotK and Switch 2 delay meant that the new Zelda would move over a year as well.

What I desperately want: A brand new 2d game.

What would be really nice to have: Oracle Twins remakes.

The more reasonable guess: WW/TP HD

I think Nintendo will want to have a both 3D Mario and 3D Zelda in the first year of the Switch 2, seeing how well that combo worked for the Switch. For Mario that's a new game, but for Zelda I would guess Wind Waker 4K60fps or maybe a new OoT remake, if they don't just do an upgraded BotW or TotK.

I think the timing for this year is right for a 2D Zelda, and I would wager a new one. The original schedule may have been TotK 2022, new 2D Zelda 2023 and Switch 2 2024. TotK and Switch 2 delay meant that the new Zelda would move over a year as well.
I'm on that same page as well. I think a double pack can work beautifully as an year one Switch 2 cross gen title, but at the same time I think they might go nuts and have an Ocarina of Time remakester(like MPR, fully remade visuals, faithful but with control changes for dual analogue play and QoL changes too) as a next gen exclusive but that's purely craziness of my part.

Since they had 2D Zelda coming in the 3rd year of the Switch, and might feel like a new one would do best as a late gen release, maybe they think they can sell both that, Super Mario Wonder and TotK through the Switch 2 life with next patch/repack.

I think 2024 is the right time for a new 2D Zelda.
I don't expect a double pack of two meaty 3D Zelda games. Either one or the other.
Yeah, but the fool in me kinda expects that since it'll be awhile since Skyward Sword HD by the time they come, they'll take the time to re-remaster the games and maybe release a "Twilight Princess Remastered" for Switch instead of a port of Twilight Princess HD.

Wouldn't even need to be a full graphical remake like Metroid Prime Remastered, but all new textures, foliage, character models receiving touched up geometry and a new lighting can work beautifully and finally give the fans the edgy Zelda of their dreams.

Wind Waker HD tho can be released just as it is on the Wii U, but 60FPS and hopefully a new dungeon or even a side game would be a very welcomed plus for a stand alone full price release of it.

I hope it's remakes of the oracle duo. Not expecting anything this year, though. Maybe an announcement before the holidays for an upcoming release for next year.

TPHD, and WWHD are the only ones that make any lick of sense. They are two of the last three important Wii U exclusive releases left on that system (the other being Xenoblade Chronicles X), and would be a shame if they were forever left on the platform.

I sincerely doubt a hypothetical Zelda OOT Remake is gonna release during the Switch 2's launch period and year. If Nintendo is gonna do a Zelda remake, it's gonna be them and it's gonna be handled by the Zelda team, and that team is busy developing the next game. Even if it were a hypothetical OOT remake, it'd be waaay too early.

In theory I'd want to see a "2D" Zelda that takes the series into a new direction.

In practice, it's going to be TWW/TP HD, innit.

Back
Top Bottom